FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > troll

troll

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

what is a forum troll??

A troll is someone who posts unsavoury or sensitive, sometimes off topic subjects in an online community setting or saying nothing in a chatroom, in order to purposfully provoke an emotional response in others or to disrupt an on topic discussion or argument (paraphrased)(the trustees of indiana university, 2009)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

"A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war" (retrieved from www.curezone.com on 21/08/10, article on netiquette)

"a person who is extremely skeptical of the main forum subject. He is generally interested to make other forum members look stupid. A troll will sometimes use insults to provoke other people to insult him. Then, he will complain to moderators of being insulted and will request that his opponents get banned from further discussion" (retrieved from www.Curezone.com on 21/08/10)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

All of those and more therefore

Don't feed the trolls

Your emotions are yours as is your temper....

Don't be tempted by Trolls......

Don't entice the Trolls or let them into the chatrooms

We use this word on another site, a social network one and it seems to be the nickname given to those that the bullies see as the poor victims

Trowls or Trowling simply derives too boring fookers that tend to populate the chat and post messages repeatingly, ie the copy & paste scenario:

"Phone wank, C2C"

I ignore those type's, that said it's the "phone sex" that baffles me?

How can you have sex with a phone? more importantly is is sore?

Paddy xx

mmmmmm phone sex can be fun though

bip it is sore especially when you attach the battery to your bits and turn the phone on. 'dirty nokia give me all you have!' zap 'oh yes' damn said too much (slowly slinks in the background)

By *unterslickCouple  over a year ago

tullamore

"what is a forum troll??

A troll is someone who posts unsavoury or sensitive, sometimes off topic subjects in an online community setting or saying nothing in a chatroom, in order to purposfully provoke an emotional response in others or to disrupt an on topic discussion or argument (paraphrased)(the trustees of indiana university, 2009)"

i beg to differ,,,,drum roll please

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

isnt he the guy that wont let the kids over the bridge

Those forum people are so crazy and fun you just don't know what to expect next..will it be a word game,tales of the night before or even good morning or goodnight threads !!! What a crazy bunch

Dubswinger, that's the beauty of Forums......

Paddy

thanks dub hunnie, thats a perfect example of a troll post lmao xxx yes i think ur right guys, wen u do entertain troll posts with emotional responses u are infact "feeding" the trolls...

I used to have a recurrent dream of trolls hiding under the bridge in ballymun i think its cos i saw a troll in an episode of macguivar

» Add a new message to this topic