FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Quick question

Quick question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughtyTippcpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

Nearby

OK we've been on Fab just over a year now and we've chatted to, and met some lovely people.

But we've also had our fair share of trolls.

Can anyone give me a few pointers what to look out for, or how to spot/know a fake profile? I know it probably sounds gullible but I myself wouldn't know.

Are we just too open to chatting to new ppl?

Tina

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We're the same actually. Are we just to naiive?

Nearby

"We're the same actually. Are we just to naiive? "

That's how we're feeling too. Like totally clueless and gullible sometimes

I would give you answers, however, that would only help the trolls adapt and become harder to spot.

-

Just stick to well verified accounts and long term users if you are having troubles.

Just look out for weird coloured pointy hair

Awful I know but I've blocked all newbies!

People with no verifications or pics...

It gets rid of the assholes who create a profile to troll and send nasty messages...

Go with your gut instinct when you come across a profile

"I would give you answers, however, that would only help the trolls adapt and become harder to spot.

-

Just stick to well verified accounts and long term users if you are having troubles. "

We've kinda avoided couples meets tbh cuz we had couple of nightmares. But the parties are rocking!

Yep stay away frm newbies easier

"We're the same actually. Are we just to naiive?

That's how we're feeling too. Like totally clueless and gullible sometimes "

I think that might be because we are lol x

"Just look out for weird coloured pointy hair"

Very good topcat. Lol x

By *cjoyCouple  over a year ago

Galway

Gut instinct works for us. We have no filters on so anyone can message us; but we have been incredibly lucky and never encountered any problems.

Miss Mcjoy

Hi all, Ime not a newbie as such but being single and Carn't ACCOMADATE make it harder for me to meet. IME picture verified and need a chance I always send face pic.

"Gut instinct works for us. We have no filters on so anyone can message us; but we have been incredibly lucky and never encountered any problems.

Miss Mcjoy "

The gut never steers you wrong

[Removed by poster at 23/06/15 12:18:23]

I just keep my bullshitometer on the max setting.

Works for me

"I just keep my bullshitometer on the max setting.

Works for me"

This

Works for me"

Same here

Nearby

Thanks everyone

We do tend to steer clear of the one's that have been on over a year, yet have no pics, no veris and one line profile descriptions.

We chat to and meet cpls and single males. We always answer our mail whether we've chatted to the person/ppl before or they've just chanced saying hello to us. The way we see it if we ignored we wouldn't get very far and we'd have feck all chance of meets. We can't always get away to parties and m&g's which makes it a bit harder too.

Works for me"

block list gets bigger everyday

Its not naive op..we all get caught and don't be thinking its just the obvious non verified one liners, there are some very clever trolls and nosey neighbours out there

..you wanna try it from a single male perspective...think there's a pic of me on a wanted poster in every county by now!!;..

"Its not naive op..we all get caught and don't be thinking its just the obvious non verified one liners, there are some very clever trolls and nosey neighbours out there

..you wanna try it from a single male perspective...think there's a pic of me on a wanted poster in every county by now!!;.. "

I have your pic on my wanted list!

Usually blocking newbies, non verified helps. But.... While they've given me some grief in the past, I had some of the best meets with newbies.

"Just look out for weird coloured pointy hair"

I have weird coloured pointy hair but I'm more of a pixie

"Just look out for weird coloured pointy hair

I have weird coloured pointy hair but I'm more of a pixie "

Hey pixie xxx isn't it a great day to be alive thinking of you all day!

"Just look out for weird coloured pointy hair

I have weird coloured pointy hair but I'm more of a pixie

Hey pixie xxx isn't it a great day to be alive thinking of you all day!"

Weird coloured pointy hair and u think of me ya wee minx? Yep great day indeed xx

"OK we've been on Fab just over a year now and we've chatted to, and met some lovely people.

But we've also had our fair share of trolls.

Can anyone give me a few pointers what to look out for, or how to spot/know a fake profile? I know it probably sounds gullible but I myself wouldn't know.

Are we just too open to chatting to new ppl?

Tina "

I'd leave that to the MODS

I'm a newbie here. I fully understand that trust is a massive concern for fellow posters. Discretion is crucial. I've already been messed around by a woman showing interest, arranging a meet and then ignoring my mails. Not all newbies are trolls/time wasters/weirdos. Give a newbie a chance. Ye were all newbies once you know!!!

"Yep stay away frm newbies easier "

Never were a newbie yourself then?.

There are many people who return to swing sites after periods away, please don`t tar all newbies with the same brush thanks.

We are not all trolls.

"Yep stay away frm newbies easier

There are many people who return to swing sites after periods away, please don`t tar all newbies with the same brush thanks.

We are not all trolls."

We are not all trolls."

Thats different ppl that will return will have a veri up witjin hrs im talking abt guys like i had yest on 50 mins when i said no he called me a fat bitch!

Love to chat to people on here but If I am asked about to I have any other pic to show put me off and if they ask for a face pic fairly quickly is a no no

Every one wan discretion and privacy to a certain degree. Get to know the person first

I don't meet or chat with anyone on here more that a year with no pics - easy to get photo verified and no verification and lack of info on there profile.

Only well verified people on here

And best tip of all to give - trust ur gut instinct

We are not all trolls.Thats different ppl that will return will have a veri up witjin hrs im talking abt guys like i had yest on 50 mins when i said no he called me a fat bitch!"

One bad apple does not make the barrel bad.

A poster hit the nail on the head, yes she had some grief of newbies , but also had some great meets with some of them.

My point about retuning members, not everyone rushes to get verified, some wish to start again afresh, we all don`t need to have verifications to enjoy this site.

Telling others to avoid newbies simply because some cause problems is ridiculous , if I was in a bar or club , I don`t automaticaly assume all strangers are nasty.

As I said in another thread, and pointed out to you, we all start out as newbies, sadly when people read some of the comments here and in other threads, it is no wonder so many give up and leave what is a good site.

We are not all trolls.Thats different ppl that will return will have a veri up witjin hrs im talking abt guys like i had yest on 50 mins when i said no he called me a fat bitch!

A poster hit the nail on the head, yes she had some grief of newbies , but also had some great meets with some of them.

My point about retuning members, not everyone rushes to get verified, some wish to start again afresh, we all don`t need to have verifications to enjoy this site.

Telling others to avoid newbies simply because some cause problems is ridiculous , if I was in a bar or club , I don`t automaticaly assume all strangers are nasty.

As I said in another thread, and pointed out to you, we all start out as newbies, sadly when people read some of the comments here and in other threads, it is no wonder so many give up and leave what is a good site."

if you were in a bar and saw a group of 10 people with two acting in a way you didn't like... Would you approach the other 8 or would you avoid them all?

We are not all trolls.Thats different ppl that will return will have a veri up witjin hrs im talking abt guys like i had yest on 50 mins when i said no he called me a fat bitch!

As I said in another thread, and pointed out to you, we all start out as newbies, sadly when people read some of the comments here and in other threads, it is no wonder so many give up and leave what is a good site.if you were in a bar and saw a group of 10 people with two acting in a way you didn't like... Would you approach the other 8 or would you avoid them all? "

I would actually probably avoid them all because I'd want to stay well clear of those people I didnt like how they were acting.

As I said in another thread, and pointed out to you, we all start out as newbies, sadly when people read some of the comments here and in other threads, it is no wonder so many give up and leave what is a good site.if you were in a bar and saw a group of 10 people with two acting in a way you didn't like... Would you approach the other 8 or would you avoid them all?

I would actually probably avoid them all because I'd want to stay well clear of those people I didnt like how they were acting. "

isn't that tarring them all with the same brush? Oh wait, that is what I meant and proves my point

Nearby

"Love to chat to people on here but If I am asked about to I have any other pic to show put me off and if they ask for a face pic fairly quickly is a no no

Every one wan discretion and privacy to a certain degree. Get to know the person first

I don't meet or chat with anyone on here more that a year with no pics - easy to get photo verified and no verification and lack of info on there profile.

Only well verified people on here

And best tip of all to give - trust ur gut instinct

"

Nearby

We don't ignore newbies, everyone has to start somewhere, we were there ourselves at one point. We know how hard it is to get going, get accepted, get chatting.

Some of the profiles are on months or over a year.

We'll just do what Steven said and trust our gut. Thanks again everyone

Tina

» Add a new message to this topic