FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Lion seeks cooking advice

Lion seeks cooking advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The Lion has found himself in sticky food situation...

He faces his enemy the cooker/grill as well hes feeling peckish...

any tips on cooking steak lion need to know...how often does one need flip the steak over etc? lion asked daddy lion but hes just as hopeless..

any advice would be helpful

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Get a George foreman Lion,no need for flipping it over at all ,couple of minutes will give you Medium rare juicy steak

[Removed by poster at 25/06/15 20:16:44]

Oh now lion,if u like ur steak done properly place it on a hot pan\griddle,watch the colour change up along the thickness of the meat and when it has almost reached halfway up then turn ur steak and allow it to finish cooking. Never turn ur steak more than once.

Kitty likes her meat pink and just warmed through so to achieve that use less time before turning or more if a person likes it well done. Cant be easier.

can they be bought in argos?

Lion is stressed no wonder all chefs are cranky individuals

"Oh now lion,if u like ur steak done properly place it on a hot pan\griddle,watch the colour change up along the thickness of the meat and when it has almost reached halfway up then turn ur steak and allow it to finish cooking. Never turn ur steak more than once.

Kitty likes her meat pink and just warmed through so to achieve that use less time before turning or more if a person likes it well done. Cant be easier. "

does one need add any spices or anything to the steak then?

By *rossflow daveMan  over a year ago

Mullingar

"can they be bought in argos?

Lion is stressed no wonder all chefs are cranky individuals "

I don't think Argos sell steaks lion

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

You put the heat on full blast and let the plate/pan heat up as hot as it can go.

You then sear the meat, this means you put one side down, pick it up, put the other side down, and sear the sides if its an extra thick steak.

All the bacteria will be on the outside of the steak, this will kill all the bacteria and seal in all the juices.

After its seared you turn down the heat and turn regularly to get the level you want.

You can eat it as soon as it's seared if you want, but a minute or two usually the amount most people like it.

If you use a george foreman do the same, up full heat for five or six minutes till its hot hot hot, put it on, close it down, leave it for like 20 seconds open it to see if its seared then turn the heat down if it is.

"can they be bought in argos?

Lion is stressed no wonder all chefs are cranky individuals

I don't think Argos sell steaks lion "

they sell so much why not steaks too

one can dream

"You put the heat on full blast and let the plate/pan heat up as hot as it can go.

You then sear the meat, this means you put one side down, pick it up, put the other side down, and sear the sides if its an extra thick steak.

All the bacteria will be on the outside of the steak, this will kill all the bacteria and seal in all the juices.

After its seared you turn down the heat and turn regularly to get the level you want.

You can eat it as soon as it's seared if you want, but a minute or two usually the amount most people like it.

If you use a george foreman do the same, up full heat for five or six minutes till its hot hot hot, put it on, close it down, leave it for like 20 seconds open it to see if its seared then turn the heat down if it is."

ah cheers buddy

lion is taking notes

"Oh now lion,if u like ur steak done properly place it on a hot pan\griddle,watch the colour change up along the thickness of the meat and when it has almost reached halfway up then turn ur steak and allow it to finish cooking. Never turn ur steak more than once.

Kitty likes her meat pink and just warmed through so to achieve that use less time before turning or more if a person likes it well done. Cant be easier.

does one need add any spices or anything to the steak then?"

Kitty likes her meat to taste like meat,not spices or herbs. But if desired lion could use salt and pepper

"You put the heat on full blast and let the plate/pan heat up as hot as it can go.

"

This..........if its a fillet steak

A few tips, season the steak(salt, pepper and a rub of a garlic clove), let it come up to room temperature before cooking it, cook it medium rare anything over and you ruin the meats flavour, after cooking take it off the pan or griddle and let it rest before eating it, letting the meat rest is essential

This..........if its a fillet steak "

Grrrrrr kitty only eats fillet,or perhaps centre rib eye,licks lips and tummy rumbles

would same rules apply to cooking salmon lion wonders?

"would same rules apply to cooking salmon lion wonders?"

No you treat salmon way different, what cut of salmon are you using

lion has smoked salmon you know the two in a pack aldis provide

Cook the same way bake or grill lol

By *squaredCouple  over a year ago

Dublin/westmeath/kildare

Depends how you like your steak done.

Only flip once. Take 20mintes out before you want to cook it needs to be room temp.

I like mine rare so I have the pan as hot as it will go, oil will be smoking put steak down (when placing put down piece closest to you first and put down away from you to avoid slashing to you), my pan gets really hot so I only leave 50 seconds on 1 side and then flip. It should have an excellent seal and be nicely browned if pan hot enough.

After around 50 seconds I press middle of steak with finger to check how far it has gone (inside thumb firmness for rare) normally take straight off to a warmed plate with pepper sauce. If you like it medium (base thumb firmness) increase time to around 2-2.5 minutes each side. Let meat rest a little before first cut.

"would same rules apply to cooking salmon lion wonders?"

Good god man no. Place salmon on some tinfoil,preheat ur oven,put some butter and salt and pepper and perhaps some herbs in with ur salmon. Make a parcel out of the tinfoil covering the salmon,place on a baking tray and bake in centre of oven for max twenty mins,kitty is licking her lips bigtime here

"lion has smoked salmon you know the two in a pack aldis provide "

maybe Lion is taking the piss but smolked salmon is ready to eat

i love it

you people have boasted lions cooking confidence

Lion and Lion Snr thanks you all

All the bacteria will be on the outside of the steak, this will kill all the bacteria and seal in all the juices

I'd do exactly what he said, but before you put the meat on the pan, season both sides and lightly oil your meat rather than the pan itself. Once you have your met sealed, I'd then pop it into an oven at around 180/200 to cook it through for about 3/4 mins or longer depending on what temperature you like it cooked ."

if its two in a pack then it does not sound like smolked salmon.

check the pack Lion to see if it says 'ready to eat'

wouldnt want a sick Lion......very dangerous

"if its two in a pack then it does not sound like smolked salmon.

check the pack Lion to see if it says 'ready to eat'

wouldnt want a sick Lion......very dangerous "

quite the witty character my friend but thank u for your concern and advice

"would same rules apply to cooking salmon lion wonders?

Good god man no. Place salmon on some tinfoil,preheat ur oven,put some butter and salt and pepper and perhaps some herbs in with ur salmon. Make a parcel out of the tinfoil covering the salmon,place on a baking tray and bake in centre of oven for max twenty mins,kitty is licking her lips bigtime here "

I like to put it in the parcel with soy, lemon, chilli, ginger and garlic. Seal it up and bag it in the oven for 12-15 minutes, serve with some rice or noodles

Sling those George Forman things in the bin. They're not hot enough and dry out the meat

Smoking hot pan. Oil on the steak not in the pan.

Rare- 1to 2 mins each side

Medeum- 3/4 mins each sidr

Well done cool as rare and finish in the oven with a drop of water in the pan to keep it moist.

Most importantly, rest the meat for a couple mins before serving

Lion I am curious... There were quite a few different opinions here for how to cook steak.... which way did you cook it, if you have cooked it already, or what way will you cook it???

Also what kind of steak was it? Did u season it?

someone who works out and doesnt know how to cook steak

"Lion I am curious... There were quite a few different opinions here for how to cook steak.... which way did you cook it, if you have cooked it already, or what way will you cook it???

Also what kind of steak was it? Did u season it? "

Most importantly did you let the meat rest

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

[Removed by poster at 25/06/15 23:10:28]

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

"The Lion has found himself in sticky food situation...

He faces his enemy the cooker/grill as well hes feeling peckish...

any tips on cooking steak lion need to know...how often does one need flip the steak over etc? lion asked daddy lion but hes just as hopeless..

any advice would be helpful "

thought lions ate their meat ROAR!

"would same rules apply to cooking salmon lion wonders?

Good god man no. Place salmon on some tinfoil,preheat ur oven,put some butter and salt and pepper and perhaps some herbs in with ur salmon. Make a parcel out of the tinfoil covering the salmon,place on a baking tray and bake in centre of oven for max twenty mins,kitty is licking her lips bigtime here "

And don't forget to squeeze some fresh lemon all over the salmon, very important you do this!!

your attention to food prep people has impressed The Lion

all your tips and advice has been noted

roarrrrrrrrr

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I'll tell ye lads, the wildlife of the world is fucked when lions start needing their meat cooked!

I'm sure the gazelle population of Galway is breathing a sigh of relief though.

"I'll tell ye lads, the wildlife of the world is fucked when lions start needing their meat cooked!

I'm sure the gazelle population of Galway is breathing a sigh of relief though. "

Lion just wants hot food

Lucan

"I'll tell ye lads, the wildlife of the world is fucked when lions start needing their meat cooked!

Lion just wants hot food "

Lion likes his did like he likes his women. Hot and served on a plate!

Lion just wants hot food

Lion likes his did like he likes his women. Hot and served on a plate! "

and dont forget the napkins...Lion is a passionate eater

Lucan

Lion just wants hot food

and dont forget the napkins...Lion is a passionate eater "

I've only spotted the typo now

"Lion likes his food like he likes his women!"

Lion is might be too late for the tip but me being a bear I love me steak, so I'll share my recipe with you

1) crush a beef stock cube in mix with alittle bit of olive oil,

2) rub the mix on top of steak let it rest for few mins

3) heat to max a non stick pan or grill(some grills don't get as hot as cooker) so use pan better, don't add oil to pan steak already rubbed with it

4) cook steak 5 minutes each side for medium rare! Adjust time for how cook you want it, even if you like it bloody as he'll always leave about a min to brown properly

5) if you cooking fillet steak brown the steak in pan until outside is all nice brown crispy high high heat, them finish in the oven 200 degrees medium rare is about 10 min

6) enjoy and don't forget to swap thoses carbs for delicious vegetables

Babybear

[Removed by poster at 26/06/15 10:12:59]

"Lion is might be too late for the tip but me being a bear I love me steak, so I'll share my recipe with you

3) heat to max a non stick pan or grill(some grills don't get as hot as cooker) so use pan better, don't add oil to pan steak already rubbed with it

4) cook steak 5 minutes each side for medium rare! Adjust time for how cook you want it, even if you like it bloody as he'll always leave about a min to brown properly

5) if you cooking fillet steak brown the steak in pan until outside is all nice brown crispy high high heat, them finish in the oven 200 degrees medium rare is about 10 min

Babybear "

Yum what time is dinner?

Lion just wants hot food

and dont forget the napkins...Lion is a passionate eater

I've only spotted the typo now

"Lion likes his food like he likes his women!""

Good to know it's not Papa.

"Lion is might be too late for the tip but me being a bear I love me steak, so I'll share my recipe with you

Babybear

Yum what time is dinner? "

5 minutes on the first side in a searing hot pan? Are you insane?

1 minute at most, then turn every 60 seconds.

Babybear

Yum what time is dinner?

5 minutes on the first side in a searing hot pan? Are you insane?

1 minute at most, then turn every 60 seconds."

What a terrible habit of candystore just imposing his/her opinion on others, just because that's the way you do your steak doesn't mean others have to... So to answer your question no I'm not insane and second is don't knock it until you try it.

Many ways to skin a cat!

I fail to see how I'm(she) imposing anything on anyone??

Fact: If you put a steak down in a searing hot pan for 5 minutes without turning it, it will be impossible to serve anything but a well-done dish. If that's how you like it, good for you. It would be ruined IMO, & as the OP asked for advice, I gave it.

people please can we all not get along....your upsetting the lion

"I fail to see how I'm(she) imposing anything on anyone??

Fact: If you put a steak down in a searing hot pan for 5 minutes without turning it, it will be impossible to serve anything but a well-done dish. If that's how you like it, good for you. It would be ruined IMO, & as the OP asked for advice, I gave it. "

Well I supposed you only get the minute steak

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

"....

Many ways to skin a cat! "

Don't think lion will like that

"....

Many ways to skin a cat!

Don't think lion will like that "

Oh sorry lion no pun intended

Lucan

"people please can we all not get along....your upsetting the lion "

Yes, I think we're managing quite well to not all get on already!

By *ardy cowboyMan  over a year ago

every wheat field around Midlands

jasus hulk hogan is nothing compared to this lad called lion.

right lad to pull tug of war.have in in the loop.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I'm not sure why but I'm singing

can you feel the love tonight from the lion king

"I fail to see how I'm(she) imposing anything on anyone??

Fact: If you put a steak down in a searing hot pan for 5 minutes without turning it, it will be impossible to serve anything but a well-done dish. If that's how you like it, good for you. It would be ruined IMO, & as the OP asked for advice, I gave it.

Well I supposed you only get the minute steak "

I know. There's another word for suppose, ASSumption.

who ever realized steak cooking was such a hot and controversial topic..

Lucan

Not particularly wishing to agree with the Candys (soz), 5 minutes seems a bit too long for medium rare, unless it's an abnormally thick steak.

"Not particularly wishing to agree with the Candys (soz), 5 minutes seems a bit too long for medium rare, unless it's an abnormally thick steak. "

It really depends alot of what type of cooker you have... Gas yes maybe 5 min too much but you will find that 4 to 5 min is medium rare, 5 to 6 is well done on gas cooker, ceramic on the other hand seem to not heat as well as gas, most households in Ireland have ceramic so 5 min is about average for medium rare! Try it get a decent size steak which is about 1inch thick, report back

everyone of you all

should cook the Lion a steak

and he will decide whose the best

p.s plenty veg and gallon of water

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan  over a year ago

newcastle

I will just have chicken, fuck it

Lucan

"Not particularly wishing to agree with the Candys (soz), 5 minutes seems a bit too long for medium rare, unless it's an abnormally thick steak.

It really depends alot of what type of cooker you have... Gas yes maybe 5 min too much but you will find that 4 to 5 min is medium rare, 5 to 6 is well done on gas cooker, ceramic on the other hand seem to not heat as well as gas, most households in Ireland have ceramic so 5 min is about average for medium rare! Try it get a decent size steak which is about 1inch thick, report back "

If you "heat the pan to the max" it really doesn't matter what you've heated it on as the pan can't get any hotter.

"I will just have chicken, fuck it"

Don't forget to bathe your chicken so it doesn't dry out

Lucan

"I will just have chicken, fuck it

Don't forget to bathe your chicken so it doesn't dry out "

How long for? Oh no, never mind!

And of course Ceramic hobs can be electric, induction or gas...

Lucan

"And of course Ceramic hobs can be electric, induction or gas..."

Information overload.. Aaarrgh!

"Not particularly wishing to agree with the Candys (soz), 5 minutes seems a bit too long for medium rare, unless it's an abnormally thick steak.

It really depends alot of what type of cooker you have... Gas yes maybe 5 min too much but you will find that 4 to 5 min is medium rare, 5 to 6 is well done on gas cooker, ceramic on the other hand seem to not heat as well as gas, most households in Ireland have ceramic so 5 min is about average for medium rare! Try it get a decent size steak which is about 1inch thick, report back

If you "heat the pan to the max" it really doesn't matter what you've heated it on as the pan can't get any hotter. "

Good logit you got there haven't you! Let me know when you find what max is ok

Lucan

If you "heat the pan to the max" it really doesn't matter what you've heated it on as the pan can't get any hotter.

Good logit you got there haven't you! Let me know when you find what max is ok "

We're not talking about the maximum heat of the cooker. We're talking about the maximum heat the pan can take.

Talk about trolls thank you for the welcome to the troll shop

We're not talking about the maximum heat of the cooker. We're talking about the maximum heat the pan can take. "

would that be before it melts?

Another one bites the dust...

Lucan

We're not talking about the maximum heat of the cooker. We're talking about the maximum heat the pan can take. would that be before it melts? "

You're the one who said "heat the pan to the max" so I'm guessing you know the answer.

Lucan

"Another one bites the dust..."

That'll destroy the steak

"Another one bites the dust...

That'll destroy the steak "

They've already done that. On the Supercooker.

Well I guess some people like taking things literally and have got sufficient brain capacity to figure out what things mean... But hassle enjoy your food Mr lion as the others will eat dust

Oh let me correct that upsy have not got any brain

Lucan

"Well I guess some people like taking things literally and have got sufficient brain capacity to figure out what things mean... But hassle enjoy your food Mr lion as the others will eat dust "

I have no idea what that means. You're obviously getting a bit ratty so I'll leave to to it.

members of the fab nation relax the steak is in the past...

tonight's dinner is beef mince cant do much wrong there

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

"members of the fab nation relax the steak is in the past...

tonight's dinner is beef mince cant do much wrong there "

just cook it like your steak

Unless you use Plasticine(tofu).

tonight's dinner is beef mince cant do much wrong there "

Look what u did... Just have turkey ffs

tofu? Lion hasnt a clue what that is

Look what u did... Just have turkey ffs "

Lion had turkey several times already today.. doesnt want to create a turkey shortage

Look what u did... Just have turkey ffs

Lion had turkey several times already today.. doesnt want to create a turkey shortage "

Gross... No Nutella for u

wow what u mean no nutella for Lion?

hey can the lion and you not come to some kind of agreement?

No I'm calling supermacs and telling them to deny your request

The Lion and that poor confused soul behind the counter share common ground

he can hook up the Lion

just caught him at the wrong moment last time

Yea nothing like seeing an angry lion glaring at you when u say you've no Nutella

he couldnt even handle the scooper for the ice cream never mind dealing with The Lion

"he couldnt even handle the scooper for the ice cream never mind dealing with The Lion "

You still got what u wanted though

By *heoldhippyMan  over a year ago

Midleton

Ground pepper is good

beef mince it is

Lion like

good for a growing lion

You still cooking dinner Lion?

yes two days in a row Lion has to fend for himself

He watched hells kitchen earlier for inspiration

Lmao I'm a bitch for carbs so no point me giving any recipes

Who knew Lions ate cooked meat! Never seen a grill or a frying pan in the Serrengetti!

» Add a new message to this topic