Can't wait. Coming soon on TV.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *longshottMan  over a year ago

Limerick

As in a program

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

What is it? Like a David Attenborough documentary?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't visit a circus which keeps animals. Simples.

Visit cirque du soleil. Only keeps humans for our entertainment.

"Don't visit a circus which keeps animals. Simples.

Visit cirque du soleil. Only keeps humans for our entertainment. "

Visit cirque du soleil. Only keeps humans for our entertainment. "

well that's cruel too say the least I know a well known circus family based in ireland and there animals are kept and feed too the highest standards in the book the animals are trained too trick and what not same with any animal you may have like a dog my dog is well trained sit liy down fetch if that's the case Where all guilty of animal cruelty bottom line is the circus takes pride in there animals iv seen it myself the animals are treated better than the workers that's a fact

Visit cirque du soleil. Only keeps humans for our entertainment. well that's cruel too say the least I know a well known circus family based in ireland and there animals are kept and feed too the highest standards in the book the animals are trained too trick and what not same with any animal you may have like a dog my dog is well trained sit liy down fetch if that's the case Where all guilty of animal cruelty bottom line is the circus takes pride in there animals iv seen it myself the animals are treated better than the workers that's a fact "

Big difference between a dog and an elephant for example

Visit cirque du soleil. Only keeps humans for our entertainment. well that's cruel too say the least I know a well known circus family based in ireland and there animals are kept and feed too the highest standards in the book the animals are trained too trick and what not same with any animal you may have like a dog my dog is well trained sit liy down fetch if that's the case Where all guilty of animal cruelty bottom line is the circus takes pride in there animals iv seen it myself the animals are treated better than the workers that's a fact

Big difference between a dog and an elephant for example"

well cleary it is but you can train any animal too anything without using force or being cruel towards an animal

By *ale4U2Man  over a year ago

Nearby

Dogs are domesticated .. Like us humans (well most of us) .. I too have a problem with animals performing in a tent ( eg Elephants) when they should be living in the wild .. Just my opinion

"Dogs are domesticated .. Like us humans (well most of us) .. I too have a problem with animals performing in a tent ( eg Elephants) when they should be living in the wild .. Just my opinion "

^^^

"Dogs are domesticated .. Like us humans (well most of us) .. I too have a problem with animals performing in a tent ( eg Elephants) when they should be living in the wild .. Just my opinion "
that's your opinion too which I respect but they don't live in a tent infact when they first pull into a town the animals are let out too the outdoors blocked off where they can chill out eat there meals or grass etc

"Dogs are domesticated .. Like us humans (well most of us) .. I too have a problem with animals performing in a tent ( eg Elephants) when they should be living in the wild .. Just my opinion that's your opinion too which I respect but they don't live in a tent infact when they first pull into a town the animals are let out too the outdoors blocked off where they can chill out eat there meals or grass etc "

Ya they perform in a tent and live in a cage. What a wonderful life it must be

oh an how do u feel about all those animals locked in cages an behind glass windows in Dublin zoo that's very cruel compare too a circus also how do you feel about dog racing an horses being wipt by a stick while tens and thousands watch and cheer on that's cruel none of which happens in a circus well not the one I'm talking about

"Dogs are domesticated .. Like us humans (well most of us) .. I too have a problem with animals performing in a tent ( eg Elephants) when they should be living in the wild .. Just my opinion that's your opinion too which I respect but they don't live in a tent infact when they first pull into a town the animals are let out too the outdoors blocked off where they can chill out eat there meals or grass etc

Ya they perform in a tent and live in a cage. What a wonderful life it must be"

they perform in a tent and never live in a cage other when transporting the animals every 2 or 3 weeks the animals are put outside in the fresh air with food and water and everything they need then there brought in at night like any other animal

"Dogs are domesticated .. Like us humans (well most of us) .. I too have a problem with animals performing in a tent ( eg Elephants) when they should be living in the wild .. Just my opinion oh an how do u feel about all those animals locked in cages an behind glass windows in Dublin zoo that's very cruel compare too a circus also how do you feel about dog racing an horses being wipt by a stick while tens and thousands watch and cheer on that's cruel none of which happens in a circus well not the one I'm talking about "

I feel exactly the same about the above. Which is why I've never been to the Galway Races and never will.

Nearby

If you have seen the improvements in the Zoo recently , I doubt you would compare the conditions of a circus animal and a Zoo animal. Remember the majority of you entrance fee goes towards animal welfare around the world.. The entrance fee to the circus goes directly into the owners pockets ... Animals in captivity is not ideal, I agree, but the facts are set in stone, if there were no Zoos, there'd be a lot of species extinct by now

"Dogs are domesticated .. Like us humans (well most of us) .. I too have a problem with animals performing in a tent ( eg Elephants) when they should be living in the wild .. Just my opinion oh an how do u feel about all those animals locked in cages an behind glass windows in Dublin zoo that's very cruel compare too a circus also how do you feel about dog racing an horses being wipt by a stick while tens and thousands watch and cheer on that's cruel none of which happens in a circus well not the one I'm talking about

I feel exactly the same about the above. Which is why I've never been to the Galway Races and never will."

well those are the places where I'd be targeting not a circus the circus who I know very well take extreme care with there animals and have fully qualified vet with them 24/7 every single animal is checked by him at least every 3 too 7 days it's the same shit on facebook oh the circus it's cruel its bullshit if people opened there eyes there's animals being raced an get broken legs and broken hips an so forth but yet they always moan about a circus I can put my life on it that the circus would do a better job looking after any animal that any person can at home that's a fact

[Removed by poster at 21/07/15 00:55:05]

"If you have seen the improvements in the Zoo recently , I doubt you would compare the conditions of a circus animal and a Zoo animal. Remember the majority of you entrance fee goes towards animal welfare around the world.. The entrance fee to the circus goes directly into the owners pockets ... Animals in captivity is not ideal, I agree, but the facts are set in stone, if there were no Zoos, there'd be a lot of species extinct by now "
an may ask where is your proof that every penny goes too the owners are you forgetting about transport there meals there food for there animals there licence there insurance there permits there power an lightin there fees for renting a field you add all that up there won't be a hell of a lot left for profit I don't care what condition the zoos are in there locked away morning noon and night at least the circus lets them roam free while they are settled in a town for 2 or 3 weeks the max time the animals spend in there huts is 12 hours that's it no longer an your telling me zoos are not cruel pull the other leg

[Removed by poster at 21/07/15 00:56:40]

"If you have seen the improvements in the Zoo recently , I doubt you would compare the conditions of a circus animal and a Zoo animal. Remember the majority of you entrance fee goes towards animal welfare around the world.. The entrance fee to the circus goes directly into the owners pockets ... Animals in captivity is not ideal, I agree, but the facts are set in stone, if there were no Zoos, there'd be a lot of species extinct by now an may ask where is your proof that every penny goes too the owners are you forgetting about transport there meals there food for there animals there licence there insurance there permits there power an lightin there fees for renting a field you add all that up there won't be a hell of a lot left for profit I don't care what condition the zoos are in there locked away morning noon and night at least the circus lets them roam free while they are settled in a town for 2 or 3 weeks the max time the animals spend in there huts is 12 hours that's it no longer an your telling me zoos are not cruel pull the other leg "

They let elephants and tigers roam free? That sounds like bullshit tbh

"If you have seen the improvements in the Zoo recently , I doubt you would compare the conditions of a circus animal and a Zoo animal. Remember the majority of you entrance fee goes towards animal welfare around the world.. The entrance fee to the circus goes directly into the owners pockets ... Animals in captivity is not ideal, I agree, but the facts are set in stone, if there were no Zoos, there'd be a lot of species extinct by now "

Nearby

I'm not trying to convince anyone, with all due respect, but I'll never be convinced regarding Circus and the living conditions of animals there..

Nearby

"If you have seen the improvements in the Zoo recently , I doubt you would compare the conditions of a circus animal and a Zoo animal. Remember the majority of you entrance fee goes towards animal welfare around the world.. The entrance fee to the circus goes directly into the owners pockets ... Animals in captivity is not ideal, I agree, but the facts are set in stone, if there were no Zoos, there'd be a lot of species extinct by now an may ask where is your proof that every penny goes too the owners are you forgetting about transport there meals there food for there animals there licence there insurance there permits there power an lightin there fees for renting a field you add all that up there won't be a hell of a lot left for profit I don't care what condition the zoos are in there locked away morning noon and night at least the circus lets them roam free while they are settled in a town for 2 or 3 weeks the max time the animals spend in there huts is 12 hours that's it no longer an your telling me zoos are not cruel pull the other leg

They let elephants and tigers roam free? That sounds like bullshit tbh"

"If you have seen the improvements in the Zoo recently , I doubt you would compare the conditions of a circus animal and a Zoo animal. Remember the majority of you entrance fee goes towards animal welfare around the world.. The entrance fee to the circus goes directly into the owners pockets ... Animals in captivity is not ideal, I agree, but the facts are set in stone, if there were no Zoos, there'd be a lot of species extinct by now an may ask where is your proof that every penny goes too the owners are you forgetting about transport there meals there food for there animals there licence there insurance there permits there power an lightin there fees for renting a field you add all that up there won't be a hell of a lot left for profit I don't care what condition the zoos are in there locked away morning noon and night at least the circus lets them roam free while they are settled in a town for 2 or 3 weeks the max time the animals spend in there huts is 12 hours that's it no longer an your telling me zoos are not cruel pull the other leg

They let elephants and tigers roam free? That sounds like bullshit tbh"

if you read my comments there blocked in eg by fencing and yes they do iv seen it and the animals are quite happy u think its bullshit that's you opinion but that's the truth of this circus I'm not sticking up for circuses but this one I will because I know dam well they take pride and passion in every animal they have

"I'm not trying to convince anyone, with all due respect, but I'll never be convinced regarding Circus and the living conditions of animals there.. "
vwell next time a circus comes too your town why not go down and question them in regarding the animals living conditions if they have Notting too hide they will show u everything like the circus I'm talking about they have no issue with anyone who wants too see how they are living and even sometimes they allow you too help feeding them if u wished too

They let elephants and tigers roam free? That sounds like bullshit tbh if you read my comments there blocked in eg by fencing and yes they do iv seen it and the animals are quite happy u think its bullshit that's you opinion but that's the truth of this circus I'm not sticking up for circuses but this one I will because I know dam well they take pride and passion in every animal they have "

What's the name of this circus?

Nearby

"I'm not trying to convince anyone, with all due respect, but I'll never be convinced regarding Circus and the living conditions of animals there.. vwell next time a circus comes too your town why not go down and question them in regarding the animals living conditions if they have Notting too hide they will show u everything like the circus I'm talking about they have no issue with anyone who wants too see how they are living and even sometimes they allow you too help feeding them if u wished too "

They are very happy to show u the animals after the performance, for another couple of Euro... Been there, done that for the sake of the kids.. Even they thought it was cruel .. Kids have no preconceptions , they made their own decision on this .. Nah I'll pass, oh that reminds me to renew my yearly pass at the Zoo

"I'm not trying to convince anyone, with all due respect, but I'll never be convinced regarding Circus and the living conditions of animals there.. vwell next time a circus comes too your town why not go down and question them in regarding the animals living conditions if they have Notting too hide they will show u everything like the circus I'm talking about they have no issue with anyone who wants too see how they are living and even sometimes they allow you too help feeding them if u wished too

They are very happy to show u the animals after the performance, for another couple of Euro... Been there, done that for the sake of the kids.. Even they thought it was cruel .. Kids have no preconceptions , they made their own decision on this .. Nah I'll pass, oh that reminds me to renew my yearly pass at the Zoo "

well who's the stupid one for paying them A most of the time there tents are pitched on a public ground so no way would I pay too see them the circus I know well allow too come up and see them at any time of the day right up till there put in for the night

Nearby

"I'm not trying to convince anyone, with all due respect, but I'll never be convinced regarding Circus and the living conditions of animals there.. vwell next time a circus comes too your town why not go down and question them in regarding the animals living conditions if they have Notting too hide they will show u everything like the circus I'm talking about they have no issue with anyone who wants too see how they are living and even sometimes they allow you too help feeding them if u wished too

They are very happy to show u the animals after the performance, for another couple of Euro... Been there, done that for the sake of the kids.. Even they thought it was cruel .. Kids have no preconceptions , they made their own decision on this .. Nah I'll pass, oh that reminds me to renew my yearly pass at the Zoo well who's the stupid one for paying them A most of the time there tents are pitched on a public ground so no way would I pay too see them the circus I know well allow too come up and see them at any time of the day right up till there put in for the night "

By *xmodMan  over a year ago

Killarney

Wild animals being brought from town to town to perform tricks for peoples entertainment is just wrong. I'm not saying these people you're talking about who have a circus don't treat the animals well, but the fact is, this is entirely unnatural. Zoos aren't ideal but at least zoos are involved in breeding programmes to repopulate endangered animals etc.

Nearby

"I'm not trying to convince anyone, with all due respect, but I'll never be convinced regarding Circus and the living conditions of animals there.. vwell next time a circus comes too your town why not go down another d question them in regarding the animals living conditions if they have Notting too hide they will show u everything like the circus I'm talking about they have no issue with anyone who wants too see how they are living and even sometimes they allow you too help feeding them if u wished too

They are very happy to show u the animals after the performance, for another couple of Euro... Been there, done that for the sake of the kids.. Even they thought it was cruel .. Kids have no preconceptions , they made their own decision on this .. Nah I'll pass, oh that reminds me to renew my yearly pass at the Zoo well who's the stupid one for paying them A most of the time there tents are pitched on a public ground so no way would I pay too see them the circus I know well allow too come up and see them at any time of the day right up till there put in for the night "

With all due respect, the reference re me being stupid to pay them is unfair, that was the price being charged, and I gladly paid it rather than disappoint the kids

Nearby

"Wild animals being brought from town to town to perform tricks for peoples entertainment is just wrong. I'm not saying these people you're talking about who have a circus don't treat the animals well, but the fact is, this is entirely unnatural. Zoos aren't ideal but at least zoos are involved in breeding programmes to repopulate endangered animals etc. "

"Wild animals being brought from town to town to perform tricks for peoples entertainment is just wrong. I'm not saying these people you're talking about who have a circus don't treat the animals well, but the fact is, this is entirely unnatural. Zoos aren't ideal but at least zoos are involved in breeding programmes to repopulate endangered animals etc. "

"I'm not trying to convince anyone, with all due respect, but I'll never be convinced regarding Circus and the living conditions of animals there.. vwell next time a circus comes too your town why not go down another d question them in regarding the animals living conditions if they have Notting too hide they will show u everything like the circus I'm talking about they have no issue with anyone who wants too see how they are living and even sometimes they allow you too help feeding them if u wished too

They are very happy to show u the animals after the performance, for another couple of Euro... Been there, done that for the sake of the kids.. Even they thought it was cruel .. Kids have no preconceptions , they made their own decision on this .. Nah I'll pass, oh that reminds me to renew my yearly pass at the Zoo well who's the stupid one for paying them A most of the time there tents are pitched on a public ground so no way would I pay too see them the circus I know well allow too come up and see them at any time of the day right up till there put in for the night

With all due respect, the reference re me being stupid to pay them is unfair, that was the price being charged, and I gladly paid it rather than disappoint the kids"

no it's not unfair as if you had any sense you use the law too gain entry too see the animals there is no law for you too walk around on that site any other day just because there's a circus there id still won't pay and I'd just walk straight in I know it was for the kids and that but still u have every right too be there as much as they do that's what I'm saying

that fair but any animal locked away 24/7 is cruel one of those places is a zoo a circus will never lock up any animal like that not in a million years

Killarney

They are very happy to show u the animals after the performance, for another couple of Euro... Been there, done that for the sake of the kids.. Even they thought it was cruel .. Kids have no preconceptions , they made their own decision on this .. Nah I'll pass, oh that reminds me to renew my yearly pass at the Zoo well who's the stupid one for paying them A most of the time there tents are pitched on a public ground so no way would I pay too see them the circus I know well allow too come up and see them at any time of the day right up till there put in for the night

With all due respect, the reference re me being stupid to pay them is unfair, that was the price being charged, and I gladly paid it rather than disappoint the kids no it's not unfair as if you had any sense you use the law too gain entry too see the animals there is no law for you too walk around on that site any other day just because there's a circus there id still won't pay and I'd just walk straight in I know it was for the kids and that but still u have every right too be there as much as they do that's what I'm saying "

This is completely going off point in fairness. The simple fact is, there is no circus that can even come close to providing any animal with the things they need

Nearby

Well if they circus have paid a fee to use the site, technically they can charge for whatever they like, and fair dues to them maximising profit

I remember taking my children to Seaworld in Florida.

At the time it was an outstanding show, a year later the stories started coming out about the mistreatment of the beautiful animals involved.

We were disgusted, and it changed our whole perpective on animals ect being kept as little more than prisoners, then trotted out to perform for the masses.

"I remember taking my children to Seaworld in Florida.

At the time it was an outstanding show, a year later the stories started coming out about the mistreatment of the beautiful animals involved.

We were disgusted, and it changed our whole perpective on animals ect being kept as little more than prisoners, then trotted out to perform for the masses."

Killarney

We were disgusted, and it changed our whole perpective on animals ect being kept as little more than prisoners, then trotted out to perform for the masses."

"Wild animals being brought from town to town to perform tricks for peoples entertainment is just wrong. I'm not saying these people you're talking about who have a circus don't treat the animals well, but the fact is, this is entirely unnatural. Zoos aren't ideal but at least zoos are involved in breeding programmes to repopulate endangered animals etc. that fair but any animal locked away 24/7 is cruel one of those places is a zoo a circus will never lock up any animal like that not in a million years "

But circuses do keep their animals locked up. You say they can roam free, but with a fence enclosing them. How is that better than a zoo?

With all due respect, the reference re me being stupid to pay them is unfair, that was the price being charged, and I gladly paid it rather than disappoint the kids no it's not unfair as if you had any sense you use the law too gain entry too see the animals there is no law for you too walk around on that site any other day just because there's a circus there id still won't pay and I'd just walk straight in I know it was for the kids and that but still u have every right too be there as much as they do that's what I'm saying

This is completely going off point in fairness. The simple fact is, there is no circus that can even come close to providing any animal with the things they need

"

and have u got proof of this because thi circus has proof of medical treatments of the animals food records everything u name it they have it so unless you have proof that animals are being mistreated by them I'm not continuing with this debate

Nearby

Two words .. African Plains ! That's what I call roaming freely in something that resembles a natural habitat.

Anyway, great debate which I'm sure will go on and on.. But for me, the battery has run out and I need my leaba !! Work in the morning. Night all xx

With all due respect, the reference re me being stupid to pay them is unfair, that was the price being charged, and I gladly paid it rather than disappoint the kids no it's not unfair as if you had any sense you use the law too gain entry too see the animals there is no law for you too walk around on that site any other day just because there's a circus there id still won't pay and I'd just walk straight in I know it was for the kids and that but still u have every right too be there as much as they do that's what I'm saying

and have u got proof of this because thi circus has proof of medical treatments of the animals food records everything u name it they have it so unless you have proof that animals are being mistreated by them I'm not continuing with this debate "

It would help if we knew the name of the circus you're taking about.

The rest of us are just talking generally.

"Wild animals being brought from town to town to perform tricks for peoples entertainment is just wrong. I'm not saying these people you're talking about who have a circus don't treat the animals well, but the fact is, this is entirely unnatural. Zoos aren't ideal but at least zoos are involved in breeding programmes to repopulate endangered animals etc. that fair but any animal locked away 24/7 is cruel one of those places is a zoo a circus will never lock up any animal like that not in a million years

But circuses do keep their animals locked up. You say they can roam free, but with a fence enclosing them. How is that better than a zoo? "

ehhh they have a lot more space and not in a cage no bigger than what 4 point Notting my dog is kept in the back garden an brought in at night time Is that cruel no it's for his safety incase he runs out infront of a car same goes for the circus but they have a lot more freedom than any zoo

and have u got proof of this because thi circus has proof of medical treatments of the animals food records everything u name it they have it so unless you have proof that animals are being mistreated by them I'm not continuing with this debate

The rest of us are just talking generally. "

I'm not naming the circus for anyone and it could and might get me a ban too which I'm not willing too do sorry

Killarney

How many times have we seen reports of circus animals attacking trainers or worse breaking free and mauling or goring members of the public? No well balanced animal snaps like that. How many of us have seen the documentaries about the sea world orcas killing or injuring trainers? They're being taken from their natural habitats and shoved in cages, "trained" (more often than not using questionable methods) to do tricks for crowds of screaming children and their parents. When the circus or aquariums bottom line is profit, the animals must perform. If they don't, they are punished to be brought into line. Wrong wrong wrong!

I do wish they would speak to the monkeys that sit in the trees and brazenly wank though

It is very impolite .

The rest of us are just talking generally. I'm not naming the circus for anyone and it could and might get me a ban too which I'm not willing too do sorry "

I'll take everything you said with a pinch of salt so Pretty easy to make the claims you did with nothing to back it up.

"How many times have we seen reports of circus animals attacking trainers or worse breaking free and mauling or goring members of the public? No well balanced animal snaps like that. How many of us have seen the documentaries about the sea world orcas killing or injuring trainers? They're being taken from their natural habitats and shoved in cages, "trained" (more often than not using questionable methods) to do tricks for crowds of screaming children and their parents. When the circus or aquariums bottom line is profit, the animals must perform. If they don't, they are punished to be brought into line. Wrong wrong wrong!"
have u got proof that the animals are punished thi circus I'm talking about none of the animals has ever snapped at anyone both trainers and public

"Wild animals being brought from town to town to perform tricks for peoples entertainment is just wrong. I'm not saying these people you're talking about who have a circus don't treat the animals well, but the fact is, this is entirely unnatural. Zoos aren't ideal but at least zoos are involved in breeding programmes to repopulate endangered animals etc. that fair but any animal locked away 24/7 is cruel one of those places is a zoo a circus will never lock up any animal like that not in a million years

But circuses do keep their animals locked up. You say they can roam free, but with a fence enclosing them. How is that better than a zoo? ehhh they have a lot more space and not in a cage no bigger than what 4 point Notting my dog is kept in the back garden an brought in at night time Is that cruel no it's for his safety incase he runs out infront of a car same goes for the circus but they have a lot more freedom than any zoo "

I'm not having a debate about this circus if I don't know the name.

"How many times have we seen reports of circus animals attacking trainers or worse breaking free and mauling or goring members of the public? No well balanced animal snaps like that. How many of us have seen the documentaries about the sea world orcas killing or injuring trainers? They're being taken from their natural habitats and shoved in cages, "trained" (more often than not using questionable methods) to do tricks for crowds of screaming children and their parents. When the circus or aquariums bottom line is profit, the animals must perform. If they don't, they are punished to be brought into line. Wrong wrong wrong!"

The rest of us are just talking generally. I'm not naming the circus for anyone and it could and might get me a ban too which I'm not willing too do sorry

I'll take everything you said with a pinch of salt so Pretty easy to make the claims you did with nothing to back it up. "

I have plenty too back it up I gave u the reason too which I won't name it u take it what ever way u want and take with pepper for all I care that's ur business

But circuses do keep their animals locked up. You say they can roam free, but with a fence enclosing them. How is that better than a zoo? ehhh they have a lot more space and not in a cage no bigger than what 4 point Notting my dog is kept in the back garden an brought in at night time Is that cruel no it's for his safety incase he runs out infront of a car same goes for the circus but they have a lot more freedom than any zoo

I'm not having a debate about this circus if I don't know the name. "

well I ain't naming it and I have given you the reason why I'm not naming it no one asked you for a debate on the topic if I don't want too name a circus that's my choice

Killarney

"How many times have we seen reports of circus animals attacking trainers or worse breaking free and mauling or goring members of the public? No well balanced animal snaps like that. How many of us have seen the documentaries about the sea world orcas killing or injuring trainers? They're being taken from their natural habitats and shoved in cages, "trained" (more often than not using questionable methods) to do tricks for crowds of screaming children and their parents. When the circus or aquariums bottom line is profit, the animals must perform. If they don't, they are punished to be brought into line. Wrong wrong wrong! have u got proof that the animals are punished thi circus I'm talking about none of the animals has ever snapped at anyone both trainers and public "

I work with animals, and have a lot of experience with animal training. There are two basic methods used to get an animal to do what you want them to do. Positive reinforcement is giving an animal a treat if they perform a task, negative punishment is then the punishment for not performing that task. The fact is, it's still unnatural.

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

I urge everyone to watch the documentary on seaward called Blackfish on Netflix. It may change a few minds on captivity of animals.

We were disgusted, and it changed our whole perpective on animals ect being kept as little more than prisoners, then trotted out to perform for the masses.

I urge everyone to watch the documentary on seaward called Blackfish on Netflix. It may change a few minds on captivity of animals. "

It is one of my personal regrets that I exposed my children to this experience.

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

I urge everyone to watch the documentary on seaward called Blackfish on Netflix. It may change a few minds on captivity of animals.

It is one of my personal regrets that I exposed my children to this experience."

Sad thing is most captive animals would never survive if released into the wild. Its the breeding programs that are barbaric.

Killarney

It is one of my personal regrets that I exposed my children to this experience."

I was lucky enough to have seen a pod of orcas in the wild near Anchorage, Alaska. Not a limp dorsal fin to be seen. Awe inspiring.

It is absolutely outrageous that we still have these disgusting businesses still operating with live, wild animals caged & humiliated for human entertainment. Did you know the Irish taxpayer has paid nearly €1 million since 2006 to support these awful people? CAPS have been doing great work to try & rid us of this national embarrassment; several countries have banned outright the use of animals in circuses and at least ministers here from Belfast & Dublin have met to discuss an all Ireland policy on whether wild animals should be banned from them. They should.

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

"Dogs are domesticated .. Like us humans (well most of us) .. I too have a problem with animals performing in a tent ( eg Elephants) when they should be living in the wild .. Just my opinion that's your opinion too which I respect but they don't live in a tent infact when they first pull into a town the animals are let out too the outdoors blocked off where they can chill out eat there meals or grass etc

Ya they perform in a tent and live in a cage. What a wonderful life it must be they perform in a tent and never live in a cage other when transporting the animals every 2 or 3 weeks the animals are put outside in the fresh air with food and water and everything they need then there brought in at night like any other animal "

most circuses move location every 4 or 5 days.....have they stopped having loins and tigers in the circus, because you can't let them out to roam around the field.

Zoos are a necessary thing, animal welfare is of the utmost importance but also zoos play a huge part in species conservation and running breeding programs.

Circuses at the end of the day have animals that perform for entertainment and as its solely for entertainment purposes the two can not be compared

I urge everyone to watch the documentary on seaward called Blackfish on Netflix. It may change a few minds on captivity of animals. "

It was a heartbreaking watch. I've been to Seaworld, if I had known then what I know now I wouldn't have set foot in the place.

By *ong rider OP   Man  over a year ago

belfast

So anyway...Circus elephant rampage. It's a programme.

The gripping and emotionally-charged story of Tyke, a circus elephant who went on a rampage in Honolulu, Hawaii, in 1994, killed her trainer in front of thousands of spectators and died in a hail of gunfire.

Her break for freedom - filmed from start to tragic end - traumatised a city and ignited a global battle over the use of animals in the entertainment industry. Looking at what made Tyke snap, the film goes back to meet the people who knew her and were affected by her death - former trainers and handlers, circus industry insiders, witnesses to her rampage, and animal rights activists for whom Tyke became a global rallying cry

BBC 4, 2100, Wednesday. Synopsis above.

[Removed by poster at 21/07/15 08:38:17]

Yea have to say some of those conditions the animals are kept in are unreal and disgusting should be tougher laws i think.

Anyone watch it?

Anyone who thinks wild animals belong in a circus after seeing that should be ashamed. What a horrible, undignified death of a magnificent animal.

By *ong rider OP   Man  over a year ago

belfast

"Anyone watch it?

Anyone who thinks wild animals belong in a circus after seeing that should be ashamed. What a horrible, undignified death of a magnificent animal.

"

Yes. Agreed. Put circus owners in the circus

"Anyone watch it?

"

Watched it last night with despair ,and people pay to watch this cruelty beggars belief !!!

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

No need to watch any circus.

come on the forums few clowns floating around.

"No need to watch any circus.

come on the forums few clowns floating around. "

Hahahahahaha

I really laughed rather loudly at that,it's funny because it's so true and they are not only in the forums!

» Add a new message to this topic