Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etmebeurfantasy OP   Woman  over a year ago

My town

Do they work.

Is it more than nsa.

or just another word for it. ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's definitely more than nsa. It's a relationship?

I'm a bit blonde Letme what is it?

They are more than just nsa. There are very much strings attached and personally I think they are unsustainable over long time periods.

At the moment myself and my husband are "open". In that we both have relationships with other people but i dont wanna know his and he doesn't wanna know mine. And any relationships are supposed to be secondary to ours. I think that's the difference.

Loads of people have different definitions though.

My town

Your actually involved in a relationship with more than one person I believe not just nsa.

I'd be open to polyamrous relationships as I believe you truly can have a connection with more than one person but I don't believe personally I could have the same level of connection

I think strings have to be attached don't they? Don't you have the full on relationship just with several people instead of one? Not a place for jealousy.

My town

This woman is in three of the relationships and has the same feelings for all three.

The three involved are unaware that she is doing this.

She is getting slaughtered fir this but stands her ground because that what she in too.

It can be any manner of things. Strings are usually involved but there are rules in place to mitigate jealousy. And I think it's human nature to be a little jealous really? It's how you deal with it that counts.

Some people will say they don't feel jealous. But it's not really a human emotion that can be turned off completely. And that's why it's non sustainable imo.

"They are more than just nsa. There are very much strings attached and personally I think they are unsustainable over long time periods.

At the moment myself and my husband are "open". In that we both have relationships with other people but i dont wanna know his and he doesn't wanna know mine. And any relationships are supposed to be secondary to ours. I think that's the difference.

Loads of people have different definitions though. "

I think the idea behind Polyamory is that everyone involved is kept in the loop about any developments between the others in the loop.

"This woman is in three of the relationships and has the same feelings for all three.

She is getting slaughtered fir this but stands her ground because that what she in too.

"

ah now that's not poly - poly is about honesty and communication or it can't work IMO.

"Do they work.

Is it more than nsa.

or just another word for it. ? "

Much more than NSA, it is the forming of intimate relationships with more than one person, with the full knowlege and consent of everyone involved.

"It can be any manner of things. Strings are usually involved but there are rules in place to mitigate jealousy. And I think it's human nature to be a little jealous really? It's how you deal with it that counts. "

Completely agree. I still get the feeling sometimes but it doesn't ever surface nowadays, it's more like a distant reminder of it.

"Do they work.

Is it more than nsa.

Much more than NSA, it is the forming of intimate relationships with more than one person, with the full knowlege and consent of everyone involved."

If it's a relationship there's always going to be feelings of some sort no matter how many different partners or how in depth they are.

"This woman is in three of the relationships and has the same feelings for all three.

"

If the others involved are unaware of her actions, then she is simply cheating on them all.

"It can be any manner of things. Strings are usually involved but there are rules in place to mitigate jealousy. And I think it's human nature to be a little jealous really? It's how you deal with it that counts.

Completely agree. I still get the feeling sometimes but it doesn't ever surface nowadays, it's more like a distant reminder of it."

i think that comes with time and feeling secure in the relationship.

"

If nobody is aware of each other then that's not poly

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Do they work.

Is it more than nsa.

Much more than NSA, it is the forming of intimate relationships with more than one person, with the full knowlege and consent of everyone involved."

Also sex is not necessarily the primary focus in such a relationship.

My town

I would imagine it can get difficult..jealously is a human nature after all

My town

If the others involved are unaware of her actions, then she is simply cheating on them all."

which is what people are telling her.

But she says no does not feel the need to tell them

"

If they are non the wiser then how is it right ? Would than not just simply be having her cake and eating it lol

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

"It can be any manner of things. Strings are usually involved but there are rules in place to mitigate jealousy. And I think it's human nature to be a little jealous really? It's how you deal with it that counts. "

^^^^^^ Just this

If the others involved are unaware of her actions, then she is simply cheating on them all.which is what people are telling her.

But she says no does not feel the need to tell them"

Reminds me of a certain man that's a dangerous game

My town

If the others involved are unaware of her actions, then she is simply cheating on them all.which is what people are telling her.

But she says no does not feel the need to tell them

Reminds me of a certain man that's a dangerous game "

it's a player,She is like you said miss carr getting cake and eating it

But justifying her actions by saying she polyamorous. ..

"

If you love someone, you don't lie to them in order to suit your own selfish needs.

She's not polyamorous, simply a liar and a cheat if she is leading her partners to think the relationship is something which it is not.

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

If you love someone, you don't lie to them in order to suit your own selfish needs.

She's not polyamorous, simply a liar and a cheat if she is leading her partners to think the relationship is something which it is not."

totally agree

Yep sounds a little fishy. I mean just having sex with someone does not mean you love them. Being in multiple relationships is a little weird, it's more than just sex isn't it? It's abusing someone's trust.

It's worse then cheating I think because cheating is mostly just about sex and not love. If I fucked a hooker it's not because I love her, but if I have a relationship with her then what does that mean to my real partner?

My town

I'm not sure I could have that

if my partner and I had nsa with others that's one thing. But when it comes to possibly feelings getting involved and it's more even when I'm aware that it's happening I still find it very hard to except.

"Yep sounds a little fishy. I mean just having sex with someone does not mean you love them. Being in multiple relationships is a little weird, it's more than just sex isn't it? It's abusing someone's trust.

It's worse then cheating I think because cheating is mostly just about sex and not love. If I fucked a hooker it's not because I love her, but if I have a relationship with her then what does that mean to my real partner?"

Dont agree at all there. if you're partner is aware and okay with it there i don't see how it's worse than cheating which is a betrayal of trust ..

I don't think it's weird at all. Not everyone can understand it and not everyone can make it work. Two sets if emotions are complicated and three or more can be very difficult to navigate.

Yeah but her partners are not aware. even so, it would not be for me I don't think. Never tried it so can't really say. I'd be a one women man when it comes lol (no pun intended) to things like that.

My town

"Yeah but her partners are not aware. even so, it would not be for me I don't think. Never tried it so can't really say. I'd be a one women man when it comes lol (no pun intended) to things like that."
obviously she stating she is but quite clearly shes not in that relationship.

"Yeah but her partners are not aware. even so, it would not be for me I don't think. Never tried it so can't really say. I'd be a one women man when it comes lol (no pun intended) to things like that."
which is also absolutely fine. Different strokes for different folks

But she says no does not feel the need to tell them"

If this is the case, then not only is she lying to them, she is also lying to herself.

Intimate relationships go deeper than sex, they involve trust, love, respect ect.

Now if she truly wishes to have multiple relationships, then she should find partners that are happy to embrace this concept.

Or tell the three people she is already involved with, let them decide if they can deal with the situation.

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

"Do they work.

Is it more than nsa.

It can work if all parties concerned are comfortable with that kind of set up.

Yes it's more than NSA.

By *parkles321Man  over a year ago

blanch

Let's not complicate things here, most women on here can't even grasp the concept of NSA ffs

True with any women I think.

only works if both partners can agree to it - that's the idea. the reality though is it may be fine if it's new but to have a second partner in a relationship is going to bring strain on the primary relationship. jealousy will come into it. it's a human emotion that can't be turned off.

in saying that I'm sure there are people out there that will make it work but for the majority I would argue it's always going to be doomed

"Let's not complicate things here, most women on here can't even grasp the concept of NSA ffs"

A lot of men don't understand the concept either. They just aren't used to a women who just want to cum and run.

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

I have only seen them work where the man is a cuckold or the woman is a cuckquean.

Forget about jealousy, if you are a logically thinking person with a bit of pride, your other half telling you they are in love with someone else and will be spending the weekend with them is enough to end things there and then.

I know some girls into deep humiliation, seeing their guy fuck another girl as he degrades her calling her fat and ugly, and calling the other girl pretty etc. Even them girls wouldnt be able to put up with a guy saying he loves someone else and will be spending time with them instead.

But there are some people who would get some sort of thrill out of it.

If a single guy says he is into polyamory then he is talking bullshit. Unless you see a guy putting his wife or girlfriend out there, then he is talking pure bullshit. This means that polyamorous women are often with guys who just say they are into it to get sex and would never in a million years let their other half swan off with someone.

Also being into polyamory does not mean you have to tell the other person everything. It just means they should be aware you are into it and okay with that.

I dont get jealous but am logically minded so I'd only go as far as nsa with other people where my other half is involved if she wanted more she should keep the details to herself and if she even once put the other guy before me then Id end things with her, for example I am free on weekend but she tells me she has a date.

"only works if both partners can agree to it - that's the idea. the reality though is it may be fine if it's new but to have a second partner in a relationship is going to bring strain on the primary relationship. jealousy will come into it. it's a human emotion that can't be turned off.

in saying that I'm sure there are people out there that will make it work but for the majority I would argue it's always going to be doomed "

There may not be an off switch but there's defo a mute button. They have a 12 step program to enlightenment...

"

...Also being into polyamory does not mean you have to tell the other person everything. It just means they should be aware you are into it and okay with that...

"

Step 7 disagrees. There are no secrets in Polyamory. None.

I dunno...

I think most women here are pretty polyamorus...

One guy and you become friends...

One guy is unbelievable in bed...

One guy is kind and gentle...

One guy is filthy...

One guy is bi...

One guy is great at oral...

One guy has a huge cock...

But finding ONE man who has all these qualities is almost impossible!!!!

Not almost....IS IMPOSSIBLE

City

"Step 7 disagrees. There are no secrets in Polyamory. None."

lol

By *ts artMan  over a year ago

Londonderry

"They are more than just nsa. There are very much strings attached and personally I think they are unsustainable over long time periods.

Loads of people have different definitions though.

I think the idea behind Polyamory is that everyone involved is kept in the loop about any developments between the others in the loop."

Yes polyamory means all parties are aware, on some cases all living together

It does take good communication and connection

I was involved with a woman for a couple of years who also had a lesbian relationship going on too

The other lady and I never had sex, she wasn't into men at all

We all three spent lots of time together and often stayed together at the same flat or house

"I have only seen them work where the man is a cuckold or the woman is a cuckquean.

Forget about jealousy, if you are a logically thinking person with a bit of pride, your other half telling you they are in love with someone else and will be spending the weekend with them is enough to end things there and then.

I know some girls into deep humiliation, seeing their guy fuck another girl as he degrades her calling her fat and ugly, and calling the other girl pretty etc. Even them girls wouldnt be able to put up with a guy saying he loves someone else and will be spending time with them instead.

If a single guy says he is into polyamory then he is talking bullshit. Unless you see a guy putting his wife or girlfriend out there, then he is talking pure bullshit. This means that polyamorous women are often with guys who just say they are into it to get sex and would never in a million years let their other half swan off with someone.

Also being into polyamory does not mean you have to tell the other person everything. It just means they should be aware you are into it and okay with that.

I dont get jealous but am logically minded so I'd only go as far as nsa with other people where my other half is involved if she wanted more she should keep the details to herself and if she even once put the other guy before me then Id end things with her, for example I am free on weekend but she tells me she has a date. "

Would that make you jealous or proud ?? Or just second fiddle!

Londonderry

"I have only seen them work where the man is a cuckold or the woman is a cuckquean.

I dont get jealous but am logically minded so I'd only go as far as nsa with other people where my other half is involved if she wanted more she should keep the details to herself and if she even once put the other guy before me then Id end things with her, for example I am free on weekend but she tells me she has a date. "

With the greatest of respect thats not how it works, as has been said all parties know and communication is key, so "her" announcing they have a date and can't see you this weekend is more along the lines of dating multiple partners

I think different rules apply for different people. The two or more people involved can decide their own ground rules.

No one can come on here and say 'you are doing it wrong'.

"I dunno...

I think most women here are pretty polyamorus...

One guy and you become friends...

One guy is unbelievable in bed...

One guy is kind and gentle...

One guy is filthy...

One guy is bi...

One guy is great at oral...

One guy has a huge cock...

But finding ONE man who has all these qualities is almost impossible!!!! "

Sorry i'm not bi

My town

I dont get jealous but am logically minded so I'd only go as far as nsa with other people where my other half is involved if she wanted more she should keep the details to herself and if she even once put the other guy before me then Id end things with her, for example I am free on weekend but she tells me she has a date.

With the greatest of respect thats not how it works, as has been said all parties know and communication is key, so "her" announcing they have a date and can't see you this weekend is more along the lines of dating multiple partners"

call me stupid buy is that not the same thing. I really know nothing about polyamorous, are all involved or just the initial couple who then tell the other couple or person.

" call me stupid buy is that not the same thing. I really know nothing about polyamorous, are all involved or just the initial couple who then tell the other couple or person. "

I believe there'd have to be a level of trust, complete openness, secrets would ruin it

What about white lies to protect each others feelings?

It was good....but you're the bestest kind of thing

"I think different rules apply for different people. The two or more people involved can decide their own ground rules.

No one can come on here and say 'you are doing it wrong'."

No but I gather that the fact they say it at all is the key debate here.

Nobody cares once they know then it's a choice and all open

" call me stupid buy is that not the same thing. I really know nothing about polyamorous, are all involved or just the initial couple who then tell the other couple or person.

I believe there'd have to be a level of trust, complete openness, secrets would ruin it"

blanch

"Let's not complicate things here, most women on here can't even grasp the concept of NSA ffs

A lot of men don't understand the concept either. They just aren't used to a women who just want to cum and run. "

A lot of men also don't lie about wanting NSA just to lure the woman when really it's a relationship they want..... that's why men aren't used to women who cum and run

"Let's not complicate things here, most women on here can't even grasp the concept of NSA ffs

A lot of men don't understand the concept either. They just aren't used to a women who just want to cum and run.

A lot of men also don't lie about wanting NSA just to lure the woman when really it's a relationship they want..... that's why men aren't used to women who cum and run "

That is true, the psychology of clinging onto someone who is just looking for NSA isn't just limited to females is all I was trying to point out.

Londonderry

"call me stupid buy is that not the same thing. I really know nothing about polyamorous, are all involved or just the initial couple who then tell the other couple or person. "

Poly relationships are a big step from dating, theres as has been said a commitment to the partner but an acceptance of the other relationship/s all out in the open

A lot of men also don't lie about wanting NSA just to lure the woman when really it's a relationship they want..... that's why men aren't used to women who cum and run "

No they don't your right a lot of great men here and are very honest and nobody made it a him vs her debate at all. ???

blanch

A lot of men also don't lie about wanting NSA just to lure the woman when really it's a relationship they want..... that's why men aren't used to women who cum and run

That is true, the psychology of clinging onto someone who is just looking for NSA isn't just limited to females is all I was trying to point out. "

Point taken but it's prevalent with many many women on here and for a swingers site it's laughable

I think we're all capable of loving/liking different people for different reasons!

Doesn't mean you will find them in the one person tho..

blanch

No they don't your right a lot of great men here and are very honest and nobody made it a him vs her debate at all. ???"

I'm just pointing out its more prevalent in the women

That is true, the psychology of clinging onto someone who is just looking for NSA isn't just limited to females is all I was trying to point out.

Point taken but it's prevalent with many many women on here and for a swingers site it's laughable "

That's cock and pussy blocking lol and a whole different debate

blanch

Point taken but it's prevalent with many many women on here and for a swingers site it's laughable

That's cock and pussy blocking lol and a whole different debate "

Your dead right lol

My understanding of poly relationships is that the relationships are equal. But I guess it depends on what the individuals agree on.

Can't imagine being in a relationship where I was described as "secondary"

City

If you're gonna be with someone poly make sure they can handle their drink. D*unk poly people arguing is so embarrassing.

"Go off to John or Carl you slut"

"you said I could be with them you arsehole, fuck off to mary"

lol, in a room full of vanillas

"Can't imagine being in a relationship where I was described as "secondary""

Most have a primary and secondary. There are a few different ways of dealing with it though.

"If you're gonna be with someone poly make sure they can handle their drink. D*unk poly people arguing is so embarrassing.

Most have a primary and secondary. There are a few different ways of dealing with it though."

Absolute rubbish!!

Sucessful poly relationships are based on the premise that each individual involved is equal both emotionaly or sexualy.

I have two gay friends, both of them are involved in poly relationships ( not for NSA ) the relationships have lasted years, they would be insulted by your assumption that most poly relationships have a primary or secondary.

Londonderry

"If you're gonna be with someone poly make sure they can handle their drink. D*unk poly people arguing is so embarrassing.

Most have a primary and secondary. There are a few different ways of dealing with it though."

Did you have personal experience of this happening, or maybe it was just a couple arguing

It not good to think of anyone being a primary or secondary in a Poly relationship, equality is the firm Base that is needed its not about being a player as has been said by others

As someone mentioned there there 12 pillars, Google as I don't want to post a link that might not be allowed

Jaysis when i saw the name i thought that a new dinosaur was discoverd.

Most have a primary and secondary. There are a few different ways of dealing with it though.

Absolute rubbish!!

Sucessful poly relationships are based on the premise that each individual involved is equal both emotionaly or sexualy.

I have two gay friends, both of them are involved in poly relationships ( not for NSA ) the relationships have lasted years, they would be insulted by your assumption that most poly relationships have a primary or secondary."

That's my understanding too

Londonderry

Absolute rubbish!!

I have two gay friends, both of them are involved in poly relationships ( not for NSA ) the relationships have lasted years, they would be insulted by your assumption that most poly relationships have a primary or secondary.

That's my understanding too"

City

Most poly relationships do have a primary and secondary.

If you are in an open marriage its a primary/secondary relationship. Your wife is primary, the other girls are secondary.

The only way everyone can be equal is if everyone gets married together, and that is indeed a form of polyamory, called polygamy.

Also, I have never in my life, not once, ever, met someone who is polyamorous who made their other sexual partners/lovers equal to their husband, not once in my life have I met someone like that in person.

And no safe the main word there in your post is most. Poly as far as we can see is open to interpretation and whatever works for the people involved.

Londonderry

"Most poly relationships do have a primary and secondary.

If you are in an open marriage its a primary/secondary relationship. Your wife is primary, the other girls are secondary.

The only way everyone can be equal is if everyone gets married together, and that is indeed a form of polyamory, called polygamy.

Also, I have never in my life, not once, ever, met someone who is polyamorous who made their other sexual partners/lovers equal to their husband, not once in my life have I met someone like that in person."

Seriously have you looked up polyamory on Google, or are you just plowing a furrow and can't see the field your in

Theres a big difference between Polyamory and polygamy, your comparison of the to or indeed your assertion that they are in some way the same shows a lack of getting your head around things, not all people in polyamorous relationships are married to any of the others in the relationship indeed some would see the concept of marriage as being a societal concept they rejected

Have you based your posts on experience, either yours or anyone that has shared theirs with you or from your on mindset on the matter

Really liking artdog right now

Previous experience has thought me there's no point in arguing with some people but artdog you are bang on the money there

A poly relationship is whatever those people in it agree it is. This needs A LOT of open communication.

"A poly relationship is whatever those people in it agree it is. This needs A LOT of open communication.

"

My town

Just today I have chatted with artdog very interesting man to talk to and speaks a lot of sense.

Also in a non patrionising way.

By *longshottMan  over a year ago

Limerick

"Do they work.

Is it more than nsa.

Oh let's stay away from those romantic parrots lol. They repeat everything

"Just today I have chatted with artdog very interesting man to talk to and speaks a lot of sense.

Also in a non patrionising way. "

All checks out Art dog profile lol

My town

"Just today I have chatted with artdog very interesting man to talk to and speaks a lot of sense.

Also in a non patrionising way.

All checks out Art dog profile lol "

ha ha is how viewed will go through the walls now

Londonderry

Thank you letmebe and the others who have commented

I do find it difficult at times not to speak up when something is thrown out there with some false sense of actual authority or based on an opinion that will be argued to the nth degree with little fact

Some do like to do that

Btw the way I never posted for a look at me reason but I am enjoying looking at some of the profiles of others posting

"Thank you letmebe and the others who have commented

I do find it difficult at times not to speak up when something is thrown out there with some false sense of actual authority or based on an opinion that will be argued to the nth degree with little fact

Some do like to do that

Btw the way I never posted for a look at me reason but I am enjoying looking at some of the profiles of others posting

"

You will find little fact is actually used quiet often on here but that's the nature of some people to argue blindly for what you truly believe or at times just to stir the pot, it's nice to see someone with fact to back things up

By *auraxxWoman  over a year ago

east

"Most poly relationships do have a primary and secondary.

Also, I have never in my life, not once, ever, met someone who is polyamorous who made their other sexual partners/lovers equal to their husband, not once in my life have I met someone like that in person."

Sorry your pattern of googling, copying and pasting the editing a few words isn't going to cut it on this topic. You don't seem to have a grasp on poly relationships at all.

Thank you for your constant commentary on topics, you do save me a lot of Google time, but this time (as someone who part of a poly relationship) I can say you have as much a clue about the subject as you do about how to carry yourself on a public forum.

Isnt it just a good old session some ladies love and almost all guys with many arms as in polyarmsonme??

"Isnt it just a good old session some ladies love and almost all guys with many arms as in polyarmsonme?? "

Is anyone able to translate?

"Do they work.

Is it more than nsa.

I'm not knocking these kinds of relationships or saying they can't work - but imo, there are massive obstacles...e.g., how is it possible to devote equal time and attention to each lover ? How can you be spontaneous ? I imagine that meetings have to be scheduled and time-managed strictly. But really, I just don't see how you can grow in each relationship without wanting more and more of one particular lover's time...and you'd have to be ultra-fit too lol !

» Add a new message to this topic