FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > dreaded water bill

dreaded water bill

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So this morning i got the dreaded water bill firstly wrong address secondly was charged 128 euro when i looked at the tarrif type it came up unmeterd,they be fooked cause im not paying no fecking way.How can i be chared for unmetered water.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Another Irish Water feck up!!! Im not paying mine...tax was added yrs ago to cover water!

Burn it and come to Dublin saterday for the right2water protest march

By *ceryMan  over a year ago

Malahide & Waterford

Been metered can make quite a difference if you have good water savings practice's in place. Mine was just over 11 euro.

"Another Irish Water feck up!!! Im not paying mine...tax was added yrs ago to cover water!"

I know its a joke.

"Burn it and come to Dublin saterday for the right2water protest march "

yea going under my collection of fook off bills ha ha.

"Been metered can make quite a difference if you have good water savings practice's in place. Mine was just over 11 euro.

"

i only got a letter saying lastweek i hadnt been connected to the meter none of us had in the appartment block where i live.

as far as i know u wont be metered when its an apartment block

This is your first bill Biggleswade? I got my first one in April, what took you so long? Mine is around twenty per quarter.

"This is your first bill Biggleswade? I got my first one in April, what took you so long? Mine is around twenty per quarter."

Oops, who the hell is Biggleswade?

"as far as i know u wont be metered when its an apartment block "

I have to contact the landlord now and find out there trying to charge me an extra 60 euro for water wasted but how can they tell when i have no meter ha ha.

"This is your first bill Biggleswade? I got my first one in April, what took you so long? Mine is around twenty per quarter."

whoes biggleswade ha ha ha yea this is my first one.

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"So this morning i got the dreaded water bill firstly wrong address secondly was charged 128 euro when i looked at the tarrif type it came up unmeterd,they be fooked cause im not paying no fecking way.How can i be chared for unmetered water."

Dont pay it they are goin bust so they are looking to scare people into paying and if you pay you wont see any of that money back when irish water is gone

Stacking the up

Need some kindling for my stove for the winter

Won't be paying - and I de say the figure of how many paying is a lot less than what there saying

By *aughtyTippcplCouple  over a year ago

Nearby

Got mine in June. It lit up lovely I must say

They can take a running jump I'm not giving a cent to that pack of gangsters

Tina

By *cobieeMan  over a year ago

Meath

I never even open my letters from Irish Water....F@@K THEM!!

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I haven't registered, hence no bill...

By *illbillMan  over a year ago

dublin

"I haven't registered, hence no bill..."
im bill

on the hill NordWest of

"I haven't registered, hence no bill...im bill"

There are bills I like and some I don't...

Nearby

"I haven't registered, hence no bill..."

I didn't register either. My landlady registered me

on the hill NordWest of

"I haven't registered, hence no bill...

I didn't register either. My landlady registered me "

That's illegal as far as I'm concerned....

Your landlady should pay not you!! If she is the owner then she & only she should be paying it!! If I were you I would threaten not to pay rent until she puts the water bills in her name!!

thats illegal my landlord said it was up to me to sort everything out.

That's illegal as far as I'm concerned...."

I don't understand how a person can register somebody else to pay watercharges!! I would contact the water people to tell them you are not the registered owner of the house & give your landladys name!! Go to the county council as well!! The fact you're renting, you shouldn't have to pay it unless it's agreed between you & the landlord!!

on the hill NordWest of

Your landlady should pay not you!! If she is the owner then she & only she should be paying it!! If I were you I would threaten not to pay rent until she puts the water bills in her name!!"

well I guess it's the user and not the owner who has to pay if...as the landlord/lady wouldn't pay your electricity bill either. However the registering process cannot be done by someone else than yourself until the new law kicks in our lovely government forced through in the last week before the summer break...

It's amazing how quick new laws can be introduced or changed when it's about squeezing more money out of the normal people, while others ie concerning their own pension payments cannot be changed saying it's very difficult to change those law because of legal implications...

I didn't register and still the bills have arrived in the post.I have no intention of paying them at any stage.I have been to the protests in Dublin and will be there again this coming weekend to protest not alone about the water charges but to show my opposition to austerity measures imposed on people who where/are supposed to be represented by government and are being put upon instead by those who were elected.

The business model that this present government has adopted is in my opinion not good in the medium to long term is not good for the fabric of our society,credit is starting to flow again and while we are told that changes have been made to Euro member countries budgetary rules,financial supervision,bank regulation and resolution,capital requirements etc.. I am not at all hopeful that these measures are adequate as futureproofing an individual member states economy.I don't want to see a federal Europe nor do I want life decisions made for me by those who see the boom and bust of credit and debt as the bases for decision making.I also am very sceptical about the push for the acceptance of the TTIP which is being driven in the European parliament by corporate interests and their lobbyists.

Nearby

That's illegal as far as I'm concerned....

I don't understand how a person can register somebody else to pay watercharges!! I would contact the water people to tell them you are not the registered owner of the house & give your landladys name!! Go to the county council as well!! The fact you're renting, you shouldn't have to pay it unless it's agreed between you & the landlord!!"

As far as I know the tenant is to pay the charges not the landlord. I never registered when my landlady gave me the info on it. But yet I got a bill to this address in my name. So if I didn't register me,,,,,,,

Doesn't matter a jot to me anyway coz I'm not paying either way

Tina

[Removed by poster at 24/08/15 13:43:38]

Nearby

"So if you rent will the landlord keep your security deposit if you don't pay & if you move? "

My deposit can only be kept if there was damage done to the house when I leave. It specifies it in the contract. She would have no right to keep my deposit for anything other than that.

So if you rent will the landlord keep your security deposit if you don't pay & if you move?

I'd say any new tenancy will have a bigger security deposit now as well.

"So if you rent will the landlord keep your security deposit if you don't pay & if you move?

My deposit can only be kept if there was damage done to the house when I leave. It specifies it in the contract. She would have no right to keep my deposit for anything other than that."

Even if you want to leave and she will be left with the bill? That doesn't sound very fair. But if they have your name & address, I suppose they will just pursue you through the courts.

I'm also in a dispute with my landlord as he signed me up without my permission he would not sign me up too sky or a phone company or any other private company he has no legal right to sign Ms up too a private company like irish water as that's what it is however I said too him what ever bills come it will be deducted from the rent as I don't want any dealings with irish water now his come back was well if you don't pay your rent you can't live here and so on and has a legal right too issue me with an eviction letter but what gives him the right too hang over private information too this company bank info pps number and names surely that has too be illegal too what he done giving my private stuff away too a third party just not right

Yeah, I thought as much. He certainly shouldn't have handed over your personal details but he does have the right to evict if tenants refuse to pay rent.

"Yeah, I thought as much. He certainly shouldn't have handed over your personal details but he does have the right to evict if tenants refuse to pay rent."
that's what I'm saying so we both lose he lose his tenants and we lose our home not that we would be homeless but it's not the point

By *galway1988Man  over a year ago

galway

I wouldn't mind the water tax most of Europe pay for water , wheb they braught in water chargers they should of scrapped the universal social charge , that tax is a joke

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

Your landlady should pay not you!! If she is the owner then she & only she should be paying it!! If I were you I would threaten not to pay rent until she puts the water bills in her name!!"

lol...will you put them up when they get evicted

Your landlady should pay not you!! If she is the owner then she & only she should be paying it!! If I were you I would threaten not to pay rent until she puts the water bills in her name!!

lol...will you put them up when they get evicted"

Well, it's not right that the landlady registered the water charges to the people who are renting!! You have to fight for what is right!!

Can't pay won't pay NO WAY they won't put us all in jail over 50% in Donegal haven't paid

city

Well, it's not right that the landlady registered the water charges to the people who are renting!! You have to fight for what is right!! "

it actually is right that she regestered the water charges to the Tenant. ..if she didn't they could leave the tap on all the time and the landlady would have no control over it and still have to pay.

by the way I am boycotting the water charges and so should the tenant and the landlady.

Nearby

Well, it's not right that the landlady registered the water charges to the people who are renting!! You have to fight for what is right!!

it actually is right that she regestered the water charges to the Tenant. ..if she didn't they could leave the tap on all the time and the landlady would have no control over it and still have to pay.

by the way I am boycotting the water charges and so should the tenant and the landlady."

Boycotting big time, no way will I pay. Landlady lives in England and rarely hear from her so dont know what she thinks.

She's just happy to be getting her rent each week

Tina

"I wouldn't mind the water tax most of Europe pay for water , wheb they braught in water chargers they should of scrapped the universal social charge , that tax is a joke "

I would consider paying the water charge if the got rid of the usc and the property tax. They are both much bigger scams in my books. No transparency whatsoever. Where does that money go??? Complete rip off. There should have been a similar outrage and protest.

The landlord have no right in registering there tenants or threaten them with eviction if they could every person that is a tenant of every council in ireland would get evicted as a person in right2water we are up on the laws they can't turn you off. turn it down to a trickel or take it from wages social welfare or bank accounts with out a court order and that is not going to happen as it would hold up the courts for a long time with 57% of the country not paying as only 27% have paid and will notice there money back when it's gone ad we already pay 5% from car tax and 2% from vat

"The landlord have no right in registering there tenants or threaten them with eviction if they could every person that is a tenant of every council in ireland would get evicted as a person in right2water we are up on the laws they can't turn you off. turn it down to a trickel or take it from wages social welfare or bank accounts with out a court order and that is not going to happen as it would hold up the courts for a long time with 57% of the country not paying as only 27% have paid and will notice there money back when it's gone ad we already pay 5% from car tax and 2% from vat "
where private renting from a landlord so don't no weather that makes a difference but every bill that comes in is in the fire I rang irish water an explained it too them clearly I did not sign up too your company and that it was done by a third party without my consent and permission too which I fully refuse too pay there response was your sign up too which have too pay just like any other bills and we have no proof that it was done by a third party or without your permission at that stage I just that's fine I won't be paying so need too Send me letters of outstanding bills and just hung up the phone

city

"The landlord have no right in registering there tenants or threaten them with eviction if they could every person that is a tenant of every council in ireland would get evicted as a person in right2water we are up on the laws they can't turn you off. turn it down to a trickel or take it from wages social welfare or bank accounts with out a court order and that is not going to happen as it would hold up the courts for a long time with 57% of the country not paying as only 27% have paid and will notice there money back when it's gone ad we already pay 5% from car tax and 2% from vat "

if the landlord doesn't live in the property then it up to the tenant to register....it doesn't matter to the landlord then weather the tenant pays or not.The bill will not be the landlords problem,so there is no reason for the landlord to threaten eviction.

"The landlord have no right in registering there tenants or threaten them with eviction if they could every person that is a tenant of every council in ireland would get evicted as a person in right2water we are up on the laws they can't turn you off. turn it down to a trickel or take it from wages social welfare or bank accounts with out a court order and that is not going to happen as it would hold up the courts for a long time with 57% of the country not paying as only 27% have paid and will notice there money back when it's gone ad we already pay 5% from car tax and 2% from vat where private renting from a landlord so don't no weather that makes a difference but every bill that comes in is in the fire I rang irish water an explained it too them clearly I did not sign up too your company and that it was done by a third party without my consent and permission too which I fully refuse too pay there response was your sign up too which have too pay just like any other bills and we have no proof that it was done by a third party or without your permission at that stage I just that's fine I won't be paying so need too Send me letters of outstanding bills and just hung up the phone "

The government though the water protest where losing its momentum. not over 100.000 people marched in dublin on Saturday from hueston station and connelly station to oconnall street

"So this morning i got the dreaded water bill firstly wrong address secondly was charged 128 euro when i looked at the tarrif type it came up unmeterd,they be fooked cause im not paying no fecking way.How can i be chared for unmetered water."

Did you not see the protest over the weekend ? Don't be a sap - don't pay this charge - it's a private company charging you for water AGAIN !!! GRRRRR. No wonder Ireland is in the mess it is, we serfs do everything our masters bid us to do - no questions asked !!!!

"I wouldn't mind the water tax most of Europe pay for water , wheb they braught in water chargers they should of scrapped the universal social charge , that tax is a joke

I would consider paying the water charge if the got rid of the usc and the property tax. They are both much bigger scams in my books. No transparency whatsoever. Where does that money go??? Complete rip off. There should have been a similar outrage and protest."

Well said.

By *squaredCouple  over a year ago

Dublin/westmeath/kildare

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/water_services/water_charges.html

"The tenant of a property is the occupier and is responsible for paying the water charges. Landlords can provide the names of their tenants in order to prove that they are not the occupier, and Irish Water will then contact the tenants." "Property owners will have to provide information to Irish Water on the occupiers of the property within 20 days of the start of a tenancy."

As clearly stated in citizen information the landlord is meant to pass on the tenants name and it is not illegal. It is the user who pays not the landlord same as ESB etc.

» Add a new message to this topic