FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > self employed

self employed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any 1 no about doing end of the year tax returns giz a mail im a rubber head at stuff like that

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rdreamMan  over a year ago

kerry limrick clare

Same as. When do tax return have to be in

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

November 12th if you're doing in online. October 31st if by post. Best thing is get yourself an accountant

"November 12th if you're doing in online. October 31st if by post. Best thing is get yourself an accountant "
any accountants on this lol

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"November 12th if you're doing in online. October 31st if by post. Best thing is get yourself an accountant any accountants on this lol "

Jaysos nothing more boring than an accountant! That's an absolute No No for me...

You can do it yourself it's not rocket science, your income minus expenses, ros online will do the rest for ye...

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"November 12th if you're doing in online. October 31st if by post. Best thing is get yourself an accountant any accountants on this lol

Jaysos nothing more boring than an accountant! That's an absolute No No for me...

You can do it yourself it's not rocket science, your income minus expenses, ros online will do the rest for ye..."

Ohhh fancy doing my books I can pay in kind but only if u wear those specs and pencil skirt with ur hair in a bun

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"November 12th if you're doing in online. October 31st if by post. Best thing is get yourself an accountant any accountants on this lol

You can do it yourself it's not rocket science, your income minus expenses, ros online will do the rest for ye..."

. Why would an accountant be boring?. You can do most things in life yourself . However when completing a tax return you need to ensure that only claim for allowable expenses . Whilst it is not rocket science , you also want to ensure that you only claim for allowable expenses..Get it wrong and you might flag yourself up for investigation .

By *adgaggzMan  over a year ago

N'S

My first return this year as well and it's recking my head, I'm going back to paye worker next year, feck this self employed crap!

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"My first return this year as well and it's recking my head, I'm going back to paye worker next year, feck this self employed crap! "

First one and no accountant a good one will save u the cost of his/her services

It's not that bad! Even this dimwit got hers done though I'm glad I won't have to do another for a long time!!

on the hill NordWest of

You can do it yourself it's not rocket science, your income minus expenses, ros online will do the rest for ye.... Why would an accountant be boring?. You can do most things in life yourself . However when completing a tax return you need to ensure that only claim for allowable expenses . Whilst it is not rocket science , you also want to ensure that you only claim for allowable expenses..Get it wrong and you might flag yourself up for investigation ."

I had once a coffee meet with an accountant, the shortest coffee meet ever and up to that moment I didn't know how fast I can run even in a short dress and heels...

Doing the returns myself saved me a lot of money however it's the most boring duty there is...

depending on whether you a sole trader , a partnership or a limited company , the services of an accountant are definately required , if you a small business and are not liable to be v a t registered , its possible to do the returns yourself and have an auditor sign them off for a reduced fee , this is probably only suitable of you have no P A Y E workers and are a sole trader , for partnerships and companies , the correct paperwork must always be filed , i have been both a sole trader , a partnership and a company director over the last 20 or so yrs , average cost of accountants fees for a sole trader liable to v a t are circa 3000 euro per anum , a parnership would be a similar fee and a company directors annual accounting fee would be in the region of 8000 euro per anum . Hope this helps . Message me if you need any clarification .

"depending on whether you a sole trader , a partnership or a limited company , the services of an accountant are definately required , if you a small business and are not liable to be v a t registered , its possible to do the returns yourself and have an auditor sign them off for a reduced fee , this is probably only suitable of you have no P A Y E workers and are a sole trader , for partnerships and companies , the correct paperwork must always be filed , i have been both a sole trader , a partnership and a company director over the last 20 or so yrs , average cost of accountants fees for a sole trader liable to v a t are circa 3000 euro per anum , a parnership would be a similar fee and a company directors annual accounting fee would be in the region of 8000 euro per anum . Hope this helps . Message me if you need any clarification ."
cant mail ya im 2 young lol

Accountant here. And I don't think I'm boring.

But then I'm a younger generation.

on the hill NordWest of

"depending on whether you a sole trader , a partnership or a limited company , the services of an accountant are definately required , if you a small business and are not liable to be v a t registered , its possible to do the returns yourself and have an auditor sign them off for a reduced fee , this is probably only suitable of you have no P A Y E workers and are a sole trader , for partnerships and companies , the correct paperwork must always be filed , i have been both a sole trader , a partnership and a company director over the last 20 or so yrs , average cost of accountants fees for a sole trader liable to v a t are circa 3000 euro per anum , a parnership would be a similar fee and a company directors annual accounting fee would be in the region of 8000 euro per anum . Hope this helps . Message me if you need any clarification ."

Only a limited company requires an accountant by law as far as I'm concerned.

Soletrader and partnership returns without employees with/without Vat are straight forward returns and don't need to be done by an account, I definitely couldn't afford one at 8000 a year...

8k is more like the cost of an audit, most smaller companies are audit exempt anyway.

No sole trader or partnership without employees is going to be charged anything like that for a simple set of accounts or tax return. Depending on how complex one's business is, and how valuable your own time is - is a few hours paid to someone who knows the ins and outs of taxation really that big a cost compared with spending time doing a tax return when you could have earned income instead?

It depends on the individual's needs.

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

"8k is more like the cost of an audit, most smaller companies are audit exempt anyway.

No sole trader or partnership without employees is going to be charged anything like that for a simple set of accounts or tax return. Depending on how complex one's business is, and how valuable your own time is - is a few hours paid to someone who knows the ins and outs of taxation really that big a cost compared with spending time doing a tax return when you could have earned income instead?

It depends on the individual's needs."

got to agree with casey lee, employing someone who knows the ins and outs of taxation is the best money I spend every year..

» Add a new message to this topic