FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > what would you do

what would you do

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok guys im in a bit of a sticky moment my cousin is marrying a rude .disrespectful guy who's family imparticular the dad has temper issues and manners of a sow .Do i tell my cousins mother the truth and hope she talks sense into her daughter or continue to be painted as the villian and keep my mouth shut

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd just voice my concern. Wouldn't tell them what to do, just bring up that I was worried.

Hey, if it all goes to shit at least you can say you told them so.

Personally I'd say nothing, it's the messenger who gets shot, and she's marrying the guy and not his family. I know you have good intentions Hun but could back fire on you and cause a rift with you and your cousin

"Personally I'd say nothing, it's the messenger who gets shot, and she's marrying the guy and not his family. I know you have good intentions Hun but could back fire on you and cause a rift with you and your cousin "
oh i know lolli im the villian they all they think i dont like him bcos of his dad but the truth is i dont like him bcos when i said to him wait till you meet the rest of the family he said and i quote i couldnt give a fuck about your family and i said but she is part of my family and her mum and he said it again

"Ok guys im in a bit of a sticky moment my cousin is marrying a rude .disrespectful guy who's family imparticular the dad has temper issues and manners of a sow .Do i tell my cousins mother the truth and hope she talks sense into her daughter or continue to be painted as the villian and keep my mouth shut "
voice your opinion for sure

All you can do is make them aware of what you know & state clearly you not trying to stir the proverbial but this is how this person behaves & please have a think about it at least. After that not a whole lot you can do unfortunately. I've been there & tried without much success & it's still happening. Best of luck xx

Honestly dublins criminals would have more manners and respect no joking

"Honestly dublins criminals would have more manners and respect no joking"
true

"Ok guys im in a bit of a sticky moment my cousin is marrying a rude .disrespectful guy who's family imparticular the dad has temper issues and manners of a sow .Do i tell my cousins mother the truth and hope she talks sense into her daughter or continue to be painted as the villian and keep my mouth shut "

You could talk to her mother like you said & explain you're a bit worried for your cousin! Xx

They say it eventually all comes out in the wash

"Ok guys im in a bit of a sticky moment my cousin is marrying a rude .disrespectful guy who's family imparticular the dad has temper issues and manners of a sow .Do i tell my cousins mother the truth and hope she talks sense into her daughter or continue to be painted as the villian and keep my mouth shut

You could talk to her mother like you said & explain you're a bit worried for your cousin! Xx"

Thanks rosie i just have this fear she will end up like his mother and how the dad treats the mother is appauling

"Ok guys im in a bit of a sticky moment my cousin is marrying a rude .disrespectful guy who's family imparticular the dad has temper issues and manners of a sow .Do i tell my cousins mother the truth and hope she talks sense into her daughter or continue to be painted as the villian and keep my mouth shut

You could talk to her mother like you said & explain you're a bit worried for your cousin! XxThanks rosie i just have this fear she will end up like his mother and how the dad treats the mother is appauling "

But I wouldn't push it with her mother, you're cousins mother will need to be tactful when talking to her daughter, it'll be a tricky convo to have...

You could talk to her mother like you said & explain you're a bit worried for your cousin! XxThanks rosie i just have this fear she will end up like his mother and how the dad treats the mother is appauling

But I wouldn't push it with her mother, you're cousins mother will need to be tactful when talking to her daughter, it'll be a tricky convo to have... "

ye i may aswell face it im coming off this the bad end regardless

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"I'd just voice my concern. Wouldn't tell them what to do, just bring up that I was worried.

Hey, if it all goes to shit at least you can say you told them so. "

I'd do this

By *ussyLicker1971Man  over a year ago

DDD12

Better she does not Marry him, so hard to get divorced nowadays.

Better she does not Marry him, so hard to get divorced nowadays. "

Worst bit she is in oz even harder there not to mention if babies start coming along

By *ub_leitrim_guyMan  over a year ago

Out in the sticks

" i may aswell face it im coming off this the bad end regardless"

Can you not have this type of conversation with him again and record it??

You might have to marry your cousin yourself

Is she on fab?

" i may aswell face it im coming off this the bad end regardless

Can you not have this type of conversation with him again and record it??"

I wish sub they live in oz i was over there living with her myself which is how i saw all this and the other altercation about our family

Honestly, she'll do what she wants regardless of what you think. I would make it learn you don't like them without saying you don't like them. You could end up losing part of your family because of your opinion of it all. Hopefully she'll cop on at some stage and realise.

Out in the sticks

Can you not have this type of conversation with him again and record it?? I wish sub they live in oz i was over there living with her myself which is how i saw all this and the other altercation about our family"

Ahhh.. completely different breed of men! I can visualize that scenario now.

I know Irish guys get slagged about how rude they are etc but they don't hold a candle to some Oz guys!

If he said he couldn't give a fuck then he means he couldn't give a fuck!!

Not really much you can do!!

Can you not have this type of conversation with him again and record it?? I wish sub they live in oz i was over there living with her myself which is how i saw all this and the other altercation about our family

I know Irish guys get slagged about how rude they are etc but they don't hold a candle to some Oz guys!

Not really much you can do!!"

So whatever is said to him, he won't give two flying F**ks about it anyway as it won't make him change his ways....

Out in the sticks

Can you not have this type of conversation with him again and record it?? I wish sub they live in oz i was over there living with her myself which is how i saw all this and the other altercation about our family

Not really much you can do!!

So whatever is said to him, he won't give two flying F**ks about it anyway as it won't make him change his ways.... "

Not to him!

By *ussyLicker1971Man  over a year ago

DDD12

Better she does not Marry him, so hard to get divorced nowadays. Worst bit she is in oz even harder there not to mention if babies start coming along"

Correct.. Custody etc, and bringing children out of the country even for holidays would be so complicated.

Ultimately she'll make her own decision and if that still stands towards marrying him despite the family already knowing you are not a fan of his and his own then saying so again won't change anything I imagine; even with his comment towards your family.

Although you have nothing but good intentions, people will stand up or fall by their own decisions. And, as tough as it can be to see, need to make their own mistakes to learn from them; if of course it comes to that.

Although it might be tough to bite your lip, in my opinion, the best thing you could do is just be there for your cousin if and when needed and hope you're never needed.

"Ultimately she'll make her own decision and if that still stands towards marrying him despite the family already knowing you are not a fan of his and his own then saying so again won't change anything I imagine; even with his comment towards your family.

Although you have nothing but good intentions, people will stand up or fall by their own decisions. And, as tough as it can be to see, need to make their own mistakes to learn from them; if of course it comes to that.

Although it might be tough to bite your lip, in my opinion, the best thing you could do is just be there for your cousin if and when needed and hope you're never needed."

Yep tough one i wont win .i spoke to her tonight snd she said he went into the off licence 3 wks ago and went mental at the guy serving bcos he refused her ID .The guy has a temper

[Removed by poster at 19/06/16 01:19:49]

Oh dear...... I used to go out with a guy like that, he was a bit of a psycho you could say, he'd be nice to you one minute & flip out the next & it could be for a simple thing as me not smiling when he arrived home after one of his spins in his precious car!! I sure am glad that relationship is over!!

"Oh dear...... I used to go out with a guy like that, he was a bit of a psycho you could say, he'd be nice to you one minute & flip out the next & it could be for a simple thing as me not smiling when he arrived home after one of his spins in his precious car!! I sure am glad that relationship is over!!

"

Well apparantly she was mortified and walked out of the off licence .When i said to her thats not normal behaviour she said i know but he doesnt shout at me on the defence straight away so my gut is saying and has said from day 1 he is like his father tempermental and no manners or respect for ppl

Ffs....somebody call the Jeremy Kyle show.....

"Oh dear...... I used to go out with a guy like that, he was a bit of a psycho you could say, he'd be nice to you one minute & flip out the next & it could be for a simple thing as me not smiling when he arrived home after one of his spins in his precious car!! I sure am glad that relationship is over!!

Well apparantly she was mortified and walked out of the off licence .When i said to her thats not normal behaviour she said i know but he doesnt shout at me on the defence straight away so my gut is saying and has said from day 1 he is like his father tempermental and no manners or respect for ppl"

I think you really do need to say something to her mother about his temper & what she told you just recently, I would leave out about what he said about family, just about his temper, sure that's enough isn't it.....

..... my ex flipped out so much at one time that he so nearly hit me, I was scared & felt physically sick after it, I was abroad at the time too..... he never hit me but he certainly is capable of it given his temper over the smallest of things.....

Well apparantly she was mortified and walked out of the off licence .When i said to her thats not normal behaviour she said i know but he doesnt shout at me on the defence straight away so my gut is saying and has said from day 1 he is like his father tempermental and no manners or respect for ppl

I think you really do need to say something to her mother about his temper & what she told you just recently, I would leave out about what he said about family, just about his temper, sure that's enough isn't it.....

..... my ex flipped out so much at one time that he so nearly hit me, I was scared & felt physically sick after it, I was abroad at the time too..... he never hit me but he certainly is capable of it given his temper over the smallest of things....."

ye you this is the thing she lives so far away isolated on a farm think wolf creek outback land in oz no job no friends really so she has no network if anything happened

You'll end up the worst in the world yourself if ya say anything, some people just have to learn the hard way

I didn't have that either and it was awful.... It's a control thing, be mean to a person & you do what he says for the sake of some peace but it never lasted long, he'd go off on one again so you'd never win.....

"I didn't have that either and it was awful.... It's a control thing, be mean to a person & you do what he says for the sake of some peace but it never lasted long, he'd go off on one again so you'd never win..... "
yep rosie me thinks your right .thanks for the advice

"I didn't have that either and it was awful.... It's a control thing, be mean to a person & you do what he says for the sake of some peace but it never lasted long, he'd go off on one again so you'd never win..... yep rosie me thinks your right .thanks for the advice"

Well, I'm only telling you what I went through, it doesn't mean she's going through the same thing, it just sounds like it to me....

...... whatever you decide to do be tactful about it ok, don't push it with your cousins mother....

"I didn't have that either and it was awful.... It's a control thing, be mean to a person & you do what he says for the sake of some peace but it never lasted long, he'd go off on one again so you'd never win..... yep rosie me thinks your right .thanks for the advice

Well, I'm only telling you what I went through, it doesn't mean she's going through the same thing, it just sounds like it to me....

...... whatever you decide to do be tactful about it ok, don't push it with your cousins mother.... "

i will try

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

You can say whatever you want but love is blind and she'll just have to learn by experience, like the rest of us. He could be street devil house angel so she may be oblivious to all you see.

Can you not have this type of conversation with him again and record it?? I wish sub they live in oz i was over there living with her myself which is how i saw all this and the other altercation about our family"

You can download apps on your mobile to record every conversation/cal you make. That might help

I'd say nothing and get out of the villan role. You'll get no thanks for it.

I wouldn't say anything. It's possible you could just make things worse. If she feels like her family don't like him she might become more withdrawn and she'll end up more isolated. Also if does go badly she might be less inclined to contact you's asking for help as her pride might make it more difficult.

Then if he finds out he can use it to persuade her to stay away from her family. Just continue to be there for her and be in a position to help her if thinks do go badly.

I say try to talk to her but not the family and try to said in a way u can make her tink about it more but not in a way like u want to break them up talking to ur cousin will help so just help her think about it but remember never mention any about breaking up to her but the mind is a power think so u could just ask her are u sure u wanna gt married to this guy she will reply why u asking me this and u reply just making sure my cousin is happy wit her new man that all then leave it at that and tell her u have to go see ya later and that will leave her thinking that by avoid!!..

» Add a new message to this topic