FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > QUESTION FOR THE LADIES

QUESTION FOR THE LADIES

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Iv been on steriods for 6 months for health reason and feeling very unattractive right now as my body has changed iv tried everything to lose the weight any suggestions

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are you still on them,if not time..

Finished today

Hi OP, sorry to hear about health problems. Assume now you are off steriods your health is better.

Nothing as bad as feeling unhappy with your body. Us ladies are hard on ourselves.

Really the theory is simple, try to have most days calorific deficit I.e. Consume less calories than you use. Its the application that's the hard part..

Always do small.changes otherwise you will get demotivated. Like replace something bad with something healthier. Also move more, so whatever exercise you like,do more of it. And with a friend, always helps.

Just don't buy into all the advertising about replacement meals like shakes etc. Best to change diet to plenty of vegetables, protein, and only eat good carbs. Don't deprive yourself either.

Good luck op

If it's bloating that's bothering you, it should subside over time.

If you feel you have gained weight. Then minimize processed food, cut out white bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. Eat small portions every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Ideally we should eat 5-6 times a day. This boosts the metabolism and helps to use up more energy (calories). Drink plenty of water, probably around the two liters+ mark, but you will know your own body. Exercise 3-4 times a week. Depending on your physical level, that could be going for a walk/jog or going to the gym. High intensity interval training (HIIT) will give the best results in terms of, burning fat and reshaping.

For me it was going brown (behave gangsters) on carbs and finding a salad dressing I loved plus getting more active in and out of the bedroom

We all have hang up's... concentrate on what you like about yourself and you have already made the choice to change what the steroids have done... don't weigh yourself, look at yourself in the mirror naked and admire the view. Best of luck with your health.

Thanks everyone advice appreciated

The only things I excluded completely was junk food. Biscuits, chocolate, soft drinks, takeaways etc.

Other than that I just reduced the portion size of meals.

By *lo1 slo2Couple  over a year ago

newry

I was in the same boat due and the feeling was awful but slimming world helped. I couldn't exercise because it was pneumonia twice and my lung capacity was shot.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

I hear lots of women now raving about slimming world. Some do the meetings some don't but they all seem to be getting great results

By *lo1 slo2Couple  over a year ago

newry

Lost nearly 5 stone at it the menu is so easy to keep too and very tasty

I'm not sure if you are putting the weight issue down to the steroids but I've been on and off them for years due to lung problems and right now I'm back on a heavy course but I have always enjoyed healthy foods. I think with most weight problems we put to much pressure on ourselves when we are sick but eating the right foods in a calorific/nutritional sense should be your number one goal. Joining a weight management program is a great support if you feel you might struggle to do it alone. Good luck OP

"I was in the same boat due and the feeling was awful but slimming world helped. I couldn't exercise because it was pneumonia twice and my lung capacity was shot. "

I agree with this. I've joined slimming world about 3 months ago and have lost 2 and half stone so far...it's definitely something you can easily stick too and I don't feel like im missing out on anything

"I hear lots of women now raving about slimming world. Some do the meetings some don't but they all seem to be getting great results"

Ah so you do actually listen to me

Yes OP slimming world does get results and it's easy to follow.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"I hear lots of women now raving about slimming world. Some do the meetings some don't but they all seem to be getting great results

Ah so you do actually listen to me

Yes OP slimming world does get results and it's easy to follow. "

I was trying to sound like I know lots of women. Ok so I know 1 raving woman who had great results with it

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

I'm not a medic but I think a lot of steroid put on weight fast but when u stop taking them d weight will eventually come off . Check with ur doc . I knew this lady who told me she was on tabs n she was 20 st but wanted to get pregnant n her doc let her come off d tabs we'll she had to to get pregnant but lost lots of weight .

» Add a new message to this topic