FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > knee replacement surgery

knee replacement surgery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok totally not the place for this, but has anyone had one??

Whats the recovery time roughly, I've looked it up n it says 6-12 wks.

But im looking for personal experience. Pain wise.. How long before been mobile ?? Usual questions, tia xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ok totally not the place for this, but has anyone had one??

But im looking for personal experience. Pain wise.. How long before been mobile ?? Usual questions, tia xxx"

Know somebody who did their cruciate ligaments..once that happens your knee is never the same again unless you're a top athlete you'll never recover properly..I dont know about recovery time but this lad has had operations over the course of 5 years and hes still not right..He thinks they fucked up the last op because his knee swelled to a mental looking size..anyway its not good news whatever way you look at it

Depends on the person realky cha. But expect 6-8 weeks. In your case expect about 2 years

"Depends on the person realky cha. But expect 6-8 weeks. In your case expect about 2 years "

Thanks for the replies. Ye snow that's what im thinking.. I've so much going on ATM I've not time for messing about. Im heartless really, but too busy to b held bk

"Depends on the person realky cha. But expect 6-8 weeks. In your case expect about 2 years

Thanks for the replies. Ye snow that's what im thinking.. I've so much going on ATM I've not time for messing about. Im heartless really, but too busy to b held bk "

Not heartless... also not his carer. Tell him to find someone else to mind him.

By *erekdebMan  over a year ago

meath

But im looking for personal experience. Pain wise.. How long before been mobile ?? Usual questions, tia xxx"

Is it knee replacenent or knee cartilage surgery??

Haven't had knee replacement but had acl surgery, I was walking normal after 12 weeks. Not properly recovered and running until about 6-7 months.

Pain wasn't so bad as had a brace on for 12 weeks and pain killers

"Depends on the person realky cha. But expect 6-8 weeks. In your case expect about 2 years

Thanks for the replies. Ye snow that's what im thinking.. I've so much going on ATM I've not time for messing about. Im heartless really, but too busy to b held bk

Not heartless... also not his carer. Tell him to find someone else to mind him. "

Its for my daughter, id like for things like swimming n stuff without the excuse "leg too sore" he missed so much of her youth n i want them to be able to do things, but i Aldo want him to recover well and explain it all to the child

But im looking for personal experience. Pain wise.. How long before been mobile ?? Usual questions, tia xxx

Is it knee replacenent or knee cartilage surgery??"

WS suppose to the the 2nd one, but surgeon said it was too badly damages so went for replacement

"Haven't had knee replacement but had acl surgery, I was walking normal after 12 weeks. Not properly recovered and running until about 6-7 months.

Pain wasn't so bad as had a brace on for 12 weeks and pain killers"

thanks for reply x

» Add a new message to this topic