FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Afraid

Afraid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So if your friend told you that they had hiv would you hug them. I came across this question yesterday and i was rather surprised by the responses that the person received back so i decided to post the same question here to see the responses.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

You can't catch HIV from a hug.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of course, it's tough to live with, but not the end of life.

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

The power of touch or a few kind words can be literally transformative to someone who really needs it...

Of course I'd hug someone if that had HIV.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Of course I would hug him/her without thinking twice. Sure in that situation you can do with a good hug and also a good friend.

A good hug and a chat. And probably bring for a good drink.

I'd have thought there'd be no question here, the answer is an absolute yes.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

"I'd have thought there'd be no question here, the answer is an absolute yes. "

Sadly it depends on people actually knowing a bit about hiv and the education in this country isnt the best when it comes to this stuff.

Of course theres no reason not to hug someone with hiv but people still panic at the idea of it despite the fact its not as lethal as it was.

"I'd have thought there'd be no question here, the answer is an absolute yes.

Sadly it depends on people actually knowing a bit about hiv and the education in this country isnt the best when it comes to this stuff.

Of course theres no reason not to hug someone with hiv but people still panic at the idea of it despite the fact its not as lethal as it was."

It is sad to think in this day and age...people are not informed but would be nasty in the process...humanity gone awry...someone having a shitty day gets a hug...end of, nothing else matters here except a friend needs a hug.

"I'd have thought there'd be no question here, the answer is an absolute yes.

Of course theres no reason not to hug someone with hiv but people still panic at the idea of it despite the fact its not as lethal as it was."

I would totally agree with this, there needs to be more awareness and education about the subject in order to end the stigma associated with this disease. I would be the first to admit that untill I educated myself in the last few years about the subject, I knew very little about it only the very basics. I think there is much more information and awareness in the LGBT community than the heterosexual community, when heterosexuals have the second highest rates of Hiv in Ireland.

Forgot to answer the question

Yes if a friend or someone I loved was diagnosed with this I would hug them and support them in any way I could

Hiv is not a death sentence

But feeling unloved and inadequate can be.

Hug and hug more. And remember this they will in all likelihood have the chance to outlive you.

Much worse out there then hiv

Hard (tested clean for all 25/1/17) but still careful

By *eanontiWoman  over a year ago

Limerick

I watched Philadelphia here over Christmas with my gay son. Was a shocker for him to see how people were treated. Nowadays the biggest rise is in the heterosexual community.

Would I hug a friend. I give the same response now as I'd have given in the eighties. Damn sure I would

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That question came up on one of news feeds and i daid i would throw it out there. The guy that posted it had alot of genuine feedback but also had some negative feedback. Aids is not as rampant as it was but the stigmata will always stick regardless because of ignorance we created around it. A person who has aids has the right to be loved regardless of it or any other illness and also has the right to be respected because they have to live with it too but also as a human being has the right to be respected. When people become self judging of sny illness they become narrow minded judgemental un compassionate self ignorant and shallow because to be that way inclined is to not live with compassion respect love and understanding. We are each human and so deserving of more but sometimes society is too closed off from itself and tries to hide away. The system needs to be addressed so that as a society we csn be more understanding and caring and loving. Why should we be afraid.

"That question came up on one of news feeds and i daid i would throw it out there. The guy that posted it had alot of genuine feedback but also had some negative feedback. Aids is not as rampant as it was but the stigmata will always stick regardless because of ignorance we created around it. A person who has aids has the right to be loved regardless of it or any other illness and also has the right to be respected because they have to live with it too but also as a human being has the right to be respected. When people become self judging of sny illness they become narrow minded judgemental un compassionate self ignorant and shallow because to be that way inclined is to not live with compassion respect love and understanding. We are each human and so deserving of more but sometimes society is too closed off from itself and tries to hide away. The system needs to be addressed so that as a society we csn be more understanding and caring and loving. Why should we be afraid. "

I agree with everything you said there except Hiv is not Aids. A person with Hiv is only diagnosed with Aids when their immune system can no longer fight off any infections or their Cd4 levels fall below a certain number. With the right medication and healthy lifestyle someone with Hiv can live too old age and never progress to Aids.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

It reminds me of the early 90s when it was a major thing for Princess Diana to shake hands with someone who had aids. Its not that long ago that was seen as something dramatic that made headlines around the world. Peoples information just hasnt kept up. Having a diagnosis of aids or hiv is scary enough without people treating you like an outcast because of it.

Yes why not of a hug if they are are an enough of a friend to tell you then a hug would be only natural to support them.

"So if your friend told you that they had hiv would you hug them. I came across this question yesterday and i was rather surprised by the responses that the person received back so i decided to post the same question here to see the responses. "
No was would I hug them don't know what you might catch.lol

By *s ParisWoman  over a year ago

My Dungeon Room

[Removed by poster at 17/02/17 10:55:55]

By *s ParisWoman  over a year ago

My Dungeon Room

Absolutely yes I'd hug them you can't catch it from hugging or holding there hand

"So if your friend told you that they had hiv would you hug them. I came across this question yesterday and i was rather surprised by the responses that the person received back so i decided to post the same question here to see the responses. No was would I hug them don't know what you might catch.lol"

You may catch some humanity, god forbid LOL

It is shocking how misinformed or not informed at all people are to this day still. It all starts at home. Parents who are afraid of telling their children the simple truth. Even body parts. Schools don't teach sex education till 6th class. Personally I think that's too late. It should be in 4-5th class. Sex. HiV. All should be taught at school. Kids need to know.

Without a shadow of a doubt I'd give them the best hug ever and make sure they know they are loved xxx

I would definitely hug a person with HIV but... let's face it some people in the world and I would dare to say that have posted might think twice about especially if it's someone they don't know well! I think there is always a huge amount of hypocrisy on the Internet.

While in many aspects of life I would love to save the world and people in it, I and many of us would experience by standard effect for one reason or another. Which is a very sad but true representation of reality this days

"I would definitely hug a person with HIV but... let's face it some people in the world and I would dare to say that have posted might think twice about especially if it's someone they don't know well! I think there is always a huge amount of hypocrisy on the Internet.

While in many aspects of life I would love to save the world and people in it, I and many of us would experience by standard effect for one reason or another. Which is a very sad but true representation of reality this days "

Very valid point...change the scenario a bit to homeless person with a plaquard saying I have HIV and need a hug...how many now would hug based on the same information that you don't catch HIV from a hug.

"So if your friend told you that they had hiv would you hug them. I came across this question yesterday and i was rather surprised by the responses that the person received back so i decided to post the same question here to see the responses. No was would I hug them don't know what you might catch.lol

You may catch some humanity, god forbid LOL "

I might catch something far more dangerous.lol

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

This thread belongs in the early 90s. That's the last time I heard anything like this being discussed

» Add a new message to this topic