By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

any ideas to help a migraine

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Dark room get ur self prescribed I imigraine and sleep

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Baltic amber beads...you wear the necklace all the time. Vitamin B6 and evening primrose oil.

Decapitation works well, i'm told.

Span your index finger & thumb then pinch/massage the flesh slowly but firmly.

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Dark room get ur self prescribed I imigraine and sleep "

This ^^^ use hot and cold method for 15 minutes on cold and 15 minutes on warm across the forehead.

Get an eye test done if the migraines are recent.

You dont say whether its the mrs whos asking, but hormonal changes like your period due can be a trigger also.

Thanks guys for those great tips Its Mrs Osmium here woke up this morning seeing stars then head thumping got some tablets from doc and staying in the dark seems to help it at the moment its the worse thing ever it must be the cold weather or I have been too much Easter eggs over Easter lol

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

Dark room and possibly something like neurofen plus. Ordinary paracetamol does nothing or makes mine worse.

Thank god I have not had any in years, I think it was a side effect if marriage lol. Have you tried divorce, lol

Mr always takes ibuprofen too, it stops the throbbing.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"Thanks guys for those great tips Its Mrs Osmium here woke up this morning seeing stars then head thumping got some tablets from doc and staying in the dark seems to help it at the moment its the worse thing ever it must be the cold weather or I have been too much Easter eggs over Easter lol "

There's many reasons and triggers for migraine unfortunately there's no one remedy that works for every one

Diet ie dairy can be a trigger for some

Light ie bright sunlight or flashing lights

Hormonal as in some suffer monthly along with their peroid

Imigraine works well for most if it's used properly stay away from popping paracetamol it causes rebound headache which can be as bad if not worse than the ache u took it for

If it persists as in more than three days a month or seems to occur regular get ur self to the doc and ask for a referral to the migraine clinic in Beaumont there's a clinical nurse there that can give u great advice but records are every thing for them to set up on the right path

Record

Severity 1-10 daily

Meds taken frequency and strength

No more than 8 paracetamol a month

Things that u think may affect ur headache

Migraine is the 4th most dibilating illness in the world belive it or not

Sex

"Mr always takes ibuprofen too, it stops the throbbing. "

yeah I was thinking that sex might help god help Mr Osmium when I get my hands on him

Thank you for that some interesting stuff there I never knew I must keep a diary when they happen . Its the worse pain ever makes u feel so sick thanks again

I'd suggest getting off the phone or laptop. When I get migraine, or the warning aura that comes before it, I need to lie down and I've found that, as daft as it might sound, tying a scarf securely over my eyes relieves the pain a bit. No point being in a darkened room with a phone/laptop on.

"I'd suggest getting off the phone or laptop. When I get migraine, or the warning aura that comes before it, I need to lie down and I've found that, as daft as it might sound, tying a scarf securely over my eyes relieves the pain a bit. No point being in a darkened room with a phone/laptop on."

totally agree with u laptop turned off now and sleep is the best scarf idea love that

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

I've had them on and off for years. Mine tend to start in the middle of the night and if I take brufen straight away it takes the edge off if it. Almost a year ago I had a particularly bad in which blurred my vision pretty badly and cost me three days in hospital.

The doctors were full of info but they all say that taking any meds isn't curing it but simply masking the pain.

If at all possible just use brufen, almost every other over the counter med will do you more harm than good while not doing much to stop the attack. Its really a case of trying different things but on my last visit I was given sumatriptan. Not something you want to take very often but when you have to get a day's work done it's worth asking your GP about. Really hope it clears up OP, zero craic

Excedrin are great and I find migraleve good too.. I feel ur pain. It's horrific.

Imigrain .. can buy over counter

I used to suffer bad with them about 7 years ago I thought they kinda went away my neurologist told me the body has a threshold and if u go over it I get the migraine it runs in my family aswell we all have them I'm actually lucky cause i dont suffer as much as them water is my friend today I take it imigran kinda works i am able to nag

"I've had them on and off for years. Mine tend to start in the middle of the night and if I take brufen straight away it takes the edge off if it. Almost a year ago I had a particularly bad in which blurred my vision pretty badly and cost me three days in hospital.

The doctors were full of info but they all say that taking any meds isn't curing it but simply masking the pain.

If at all possible just use brufen, almost every other over the counter med will do you more harm than good while not doing much to stop the attack. Its really a case of trying different things but on my last visit I was given sumatriptan. Not something you want to take very often but when you have to get a day's work done it's worth asking your GP about. Really hope it clears up OP, zero craic "

thank you

"Excedrin are great and I find migraleve good too.. I feel ur pain. It's horrific. "

Used to get bad migraine headache.I get them from dairy products like cheese real butter chocolate the sun fluorescent lights sprays.hope this help a little. If you need more information let me know

I've heard placing your feet in a dish of hot water and a cold compress on the back of your neck draws the blood down towards your feet and away from your head which is causing the blood vessels to dialate, maybe worth a try.

By *ixpackCouple  over a year ago

South

I suffer with chronic migraines have for the last few years it's hell. If mine get hold that's it for 3 days I vomit with them an all. I have tired all the over the counter meds all the remedies to no avail. Only thing that works for me now is samatrapan. Stress is my biggest trigger and time of the month

By *s louWoman  over a year ago

Enniskillen

There's a piercing you can get in a certain part of your ear that is supposed to work. I know a few people who have it - some swear by it and others say it doesn't really work. I suppose like anything else it's trial and error. I have migraines but thankfully over the years they've settled a bit. Hope you get some relief

By *un17Man  over a year ago

Ennis

Curl into a ball and eyes closed and quilt over head is the only thing that works for me they are horrible fuckers

"Curl into a ball and eyes closed and quilt over head is the only thing that works for me they are horrible fuckers "
they are the worst took the meds hopefully tomorrow it goes away

"There's a piercing you can get in a certain part of your ear that is supposed to work. I know a few people who have it - some swear by it and others say it doesn't really work. I suppose like anything else it's trial and error. I have migraines but thankfully over the years they've settled a bit. Hope you get some relief"

never knew that i did not realise so many people suffer from it too its awful thing

"I suffer with chronic migraines have for the last few years it's hell. If mine get hold that's it for 3 days I vomit with them an all. I have tired all the over the counter meds all the remedies to no avail. Only thing that works for me now is samatrapan. Stress is my biggest trigger and time of the month "

yeah stress seems to be the main offender

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

A friend the only thing that gave him relief was a good sleep . He get very violent migranes and no amount of medicine helps he says .

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Sit with your feet in a basin of cold water with the lights out. Always works for me. The cold water slows blood circulation and lowers blood temp thus slowing and cooling the flow of blood to your head or so I was told

By *omtom7Man  over a year ago

Tralee

Dark room, soluble solpadeine(gotta love the codiene) and an ice pack. Thrust me I suffer from sinus migraines.

» Add a new message to this topic