FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Grammar

Grammar

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Something that has been bothering me... I have notice a couple of profiles demanding correct grammar and to be able to put two sentences together which is perfectly understandable and reasonable request but the irony of it is the people that mentioned this their whole profile and even the sentences requesting proper sentences is in text speak

U know wat I mean, if U cant do dat put a sentence 2gether, ye can fuk off im not replyin n yer blocked

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Something that has been bothering me... I have notice a couple of profiles demanding correct grammar and to be able to put two sentences together which is perfectly understandable and reasonable request but the irony of it is the people that mentioned this their whole profile and even the sentences requesting proper sentences is in text speak

U know wat I mean, if U cant do dat put a sentence 2gether, ye can fuk off im not replyin n yer blocked "

Why does it bother you ?

"Something that has been bothering me... I have notice a couple of profiles demanding correct grammar and to be able to put two sentences together which is perfectly understandable and reasonable request but the irony of it is the people that mentioned this their whole profile and even the sentences requesting proper sentences is in text speak

U know wat I mean, if U cant do dat put a sentence 2gether, ye can fuk off im not replyin n yer blocked

Why does it bother you ? "

I find things/people that don't lead by example and just demand annoying that's why !

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Why does it bother you ? I find things/people that don't lead by example and just demand annoying that's why !"

Just ignore them - everyone else does

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why does it bother you ? I find things/people that don't lead by example and just demand annoying that's why !

Just ignore them - everyone else does "

Stick a siren on this post ... grammar police are around. While we judge dyslexia exists

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

I think he is commenting on people who generally moan about poor grammar .... not people who suffer with Dyslexia .

Thats my initial thoughts .

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Is nobody going to point out the irony in the original post talking about bad grammar but failing to apply this to his own post?

"I think he is commenting on people who generally moan about poor grammar .... not people who suffer with Dyslexia .

Thats my initial thoughts ."

Probably. . Your right .. my apologies

[Removed by poster at 21/09/17 17:46:28]

"Is nobody going to point out the irony in the original post talking about bad grammar but failing to apply this to his own post? "
im guessing you are referring to last sentence of post, it was a bit of sarcasm as well as highlighting the kind of text I was referring of but I guess it's very hard for you to understand way over your head

"Is nobody going to point out the irony in the original post talking about bad grammar but failing to apply this to his own post? im guessing you are referring to last sentence of post, it was a bit of sarcasm as well as highlighting the kind of text I was referring of but I guess it's very hard for you to understand way over your head "

Ooops a bit harsh

No read the first paragraph again yourself and tell us what's wrong with it.

Why does it bother you ? I find things/people that don't lead by example and just demand annoying that's why !

Stick a siren on this post ... grammar police are around. While we judge dyslexia exists "

I'm not judging anyone with dyslexia is a very tough and frustrating condition to have, I was referring purely to people writing in text speak

U, 2morrow, wat, dat, etc

"No read the first paragraph again yourself and tell us what's wrong with it. "

I did spot something. ... but don't want to say now

"No read the first paragraph again yourself and tell us what's wrong with it.

I did spot something. ... but don't want to say now "

There's more than one

"No read the first paragraph again yourself and tell us what's wrong with it.

I did spot something. ... but don't want to say now

There's more than one "

You want a lend of that siren ...lol

So sad ... but don't worry I have noticed

"So sad ... but don't worry I have noticed "

I wasn't on about a spelling mistake they just happen via autocorrect.

"So sad ... but don't worry I have noticed "

Big kiss to you,laugh along its better

"So sad ... but don't worry I have noticed

I wasn't on about a spelling mistake they just happen via autocorrect. "

still sad ... given that English isn't my first language and that I certainly give it my best effort , I don't do too bad at it either! It is extremely sad and ignorant of you to try to point out a redaction error!

By *safunwituMan  over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Stick a siren on this post ... grammar police are around. While we judge dyslexia exists I'm not judging anyone with dyslexia is a very tough and frustrating condition to have, I was referring purely to people writing in text speak

U, 2morrow, wat, dat, etc "

Sort of like some demanding pics straight out, with out having any on their profile.

Usually stay clear of profiles like these myself...

I'm with you OP. I hate text talk

Stick a siren on this post ... grammar police are around. While we judge dyslexia exists I'm not judging anyone with dyslexia is a very tough and frustrating condition to have, I was referring purely to people writing in text speak

U, 2morrow, wat, dat, etc

Sort of like some demanding pics straight out, with out having any on their profile.

Usually stay clear of profiles like these myself..."

sort out the same idea, I mean is not that it makes me wanna mail them but it's an annoyance similar to the guy that takes 2 parking spaces in a busy parking area

I wasn't on about a spelling mistake they just happen via autocorrect. still sad ... given that English isn't my first language and that I certainly give it my best effort , I don't do too bad at it either! It is extremely sad and ignorant of you to try to point out a redaction error! "

Your English is good enough to point out other's failings in it.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I wasn't on about a spelling mistake they just happen via autocorrect. still sad ... given that English isn't my first language and that I certainly give it my best effort , I don't do too bad at it either! It is extremely sad and ignorant of you to try to point out a redaction error!

Your English is good enough to point out other's failings in it. "

I think you're bit too harsh on him, laid. He was merely pointing out the irony that some profiles demanding perfect grammar but themselves using text language which obviously is a contradiction in itself. He didn't claim to be a grammar hero himself.

I wasn't on about a spelling mistake they just happen via autocorrect. still sad ... given that English isn't my first language and that I certainly give it my best effort , I don't do too bad at it either! It is extremely sad and ignorant of you to try to point out a redaction error!

I think you're bit too harsh on him, laid. He was merely pointing out the irony that some profiles demanding perfect grammar but themselves using text language which obviously is a contradiction in itself. He didn't claim to be a grammar hero himself. "

Did you do that intentionally

on the hill NordWest of

I think you're bit too harsh on him, laid. He was merely pointing out the irony that some profiles demanding perfect grammar but themselves using text language which obviously is a contradiction in itself. He didn't claim to be a grammar hero himself.

Did you do that intentionally "

Yes.

Yes. "

Go back over to your own thread, or have ya a pain in your ass with it

on the hill NordWest of

Yes.

Go back over to your own thread, or have ya a pain in your ass with it "

Oi! Who are you telling me where to go? Behave yourself or I crack the whip! And we will see who has a painful ass and who's a pain in the ass.

Don't need good grammar when your bogged to the Bllas in a psusy.

I think you're bit too harsh on him, laid. He was merely pointing out the irony that some profiles demanding perfect grammar but themselves using text language which obviously is a contradiction in itself. He didn't claim to be a grammar hero himself. "

» Add a new message to this topic