FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Busy people

Busy people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How do people who work, have kids, go gym or volunteer or keep up hobbies along with dating or swinging do it?

How do ye manage yer time? I struggle to go gym, date and work. Usually I just work and date with zero hobbies being kept up. What's yer time management tips?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman  over a year ago

South Dublin

I’ve kids, work full time and doing a degree. I make sure I’ve a fun night out once a month to clear my head! As for college and work I just get it done! I couldn’t live with mout reminders on my calendar lol

"I’ve kids, work full time and doing a degree. I make sure I’ve a fun night out once a month to clear my head! As for college and work I just get it done! I couldn’t live with mout reminders on my calendar lol"

I think I spend way too much time on Facebook, YouTube, messenger, snapchat and fab haha. But I feel even if I cut these i wouldnt be able to be as impressive as you.

South Dublin

"I’ve kids, work full time and doing a degree. I make sure I’ve a fun night out once a month to clear my head! As for college and work I just get it done! I couldn’t live with mout reminders on my calendar lol

I think I spend way too much time on Facebook, YouTube, messenger, snapchat and fab haha. But I feel even if I cut these i wouldnt be able to be as impressive as you. "

I’m not impressive I’m just a mammy lol we learn pretty quick to juggle! If you’d have asked me to do anything before kids I was a mess

By *unnitoesWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 30/03/18 19:08:06]

"I’ve kids, work full time and doing a degree. I make sure I’ve a fun night out once a month to clear my head! As for college and work I just get it done! I couldn’t live with mout reminders on my calendar lol

I think I spend way too much time on Facebook, YouTube, messenger, snapchat and fab haha. But I feel even if I cut these i wouldnt be able to be as impressive as you.

I’m not impressive I’m just a mammy lol we learn pretty quick to juggle! If you’d have asked me to do anything before kids I was a mess "

I had house work to do today. In my head I was going to get it done, meet friends, go gym. Now I have the housework done and want to stay in home and watch tele

South Dublin

I’m not impressive I’m just a mammy lol we learn pretty quick to juggle! If you’d have asked me to do anything before kids I was a mess

I had house work to do today. In my head I was going to get it done, meet friends, go gym. Now I have the housework done and want to stay in home and watch tele "

You did more than me I’ve had a day off lol haven’t moved !

When I say I got all the housework done I mean I skipped corners and put things on the to do list. Basically I got what should be around an hour or twos work done in about 4 hrs and gave up

South Dublin

"When I say I got all the housework done I mean I skipped corners and put things on the to do list. Basically I got what should be around an hour or twos work done in about 4 hrs and gave up "

I made dinner that’s it lol

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I'd go mental if I had full time ties like kids/wife/gf.

"I'd go mental if I had full time ties like kids/wife/gf. "

I want kids and a wife eventually.... I think. I dunno haha I can barely juggle and job and trying to he healthy. Throw kids in it and I'll probably never see a gym or soccer field again. Not unless I can up my productivity which I can't seem to do. I'm always in a rush even when I only have one thing to do. Can't manage my time

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'd go mental if I had full time ties like kids/wife/gf.

I want kids and a wife eventually.... I think. I dunno haha I can barely juggle and job and trying to he healthy. Throw kids in it and I'll probably never see a gym or soccer field again. Not unless I can up my productivity which I can't seem to do. I'm always in a rush even when I only have one thing to do. Can't manage my time "

Give up social media if you're struggling to manage your time.

I want kids and a wife eventually.... I think. I dunno haha I can barely juggle and job and trying to he healthy. Throw kids in it and I'll probably never see a gym or soccer field again. Not unless I can up my productivity which I can't seem to do. I'm always in a rush even when I only have one thing to do. Can't manage my time

Give up social media if you're struggling to manage your time."

I know I should but it's easier said than done. My friends literally don't send text or do phone calls anymore. It's all messenger, Facebook or WhatsApp. But I should be cutting back.

Sorry we are too busy to comment.

"How do people who work, have kids, go gym or volunteer or keep up hobbies along with dating or swinging do it?

How do ye manage yer time? I struggle to go gym, date and work. Usually I just work and date with zero hobbies being kept up. What's yer time management tips? "

Once work became alot busier cut down the length of gym sessions. Less rest more supers didnt really affect the outcome. Try to get cardio workouts on breaks days off. Started beong stricter with how long I would stay in work also.

Belfast

I know I should but it's easier said than done. My friends literally don't send text or do phone calls anymore. It's all messenger, Facebook or WhatsApp. But I should be cutting back. "

I'd love to send you back in time to no internet, no mobile phones and absolutely no social media..you would have your eyes opened! Then you would come back to 2018 with a tine management strategy

I know I should but it's easier said than done. My friends literally don't send text or do phone calls anymore. It's all messenger, Facebook or WhatsApp. But I should be cutting back.

I'd love to send you back in time to no internet, no mobile phones and absolutely no social media..you would have your eyes opened! Then you would come back to 2018 with a tine management strategy "

I wish I was back in that time too. I didn't join fb until I was about 20/21, four or five years later than my friends, same with snapchat, I joined that at like 24. I don't use twitter if insta. I didn't even use phones until I was about 16 haha. Somehow I still waste too much time on the apps I do use though. Life would be better without the 2 million apps I think in alot of ways and obviously worse for us the fab community too haha.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I'd love to send you back in time to no internet, no mobile phones and absolutely no social media..you would have your eyes opened! Then you would come back to 2018 with a tine management strategy

I wish I was back in that time too. I didn't join fb until I was about 20/21, four or five years later than my friends, same with snapchat, I joined that at like 24. I don't use twitter if insta. I didn't even use phones until I was about 16 haha. Somehow I still waste too much time on the apps I do use though. Life would be better without the 2 million apps I think in alot of ways and obviously worse for us the fab community too haha. "

Reading this it makes me aware I'm not the youngest anymore. My first mobile I got in my mid twenties, there was phone calls, text messaging and 3 games! Having said that I couldn't manage more than fab and kik nowadays, everything else goes over my head.

I wish I was back in that time too. I didn't join fb until I was about 20/21, four or five years later than my friends, same with snapchat, I joined that at like 24. I don't use twitter if insta. I didn't even use phones until I was about 16 haha. Somehow I still waste too much time on the apps I do use though. Life would be better without the 2 million apps I think in alot of ways and obviously worse for us the fab community too haha.

Reading this it makes me aware I'm not the youngest anymore. My first mobile I got in my mid twenties, there was phone calls, text messaging and 3 games! Having said that I couldn't manage more than fab and kik nowadays, everything else goes over my head. "

You're as young as you feel and in your case as you look and demonstrate . You're in great shape and show off some good flexibility. We're the same age, you're better looking though.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Reading this it makes me aware I'm not the youngest anymore. My first mobile I got in my mid twenties, there was phone calls, text messaging and 3 games! Having said that I couldn't manage more than fab and kik nowadays, everything else goes over my head.

You're as young as you feel and in your case as you look and demonstrate . You're in great shape and show off some good flexibility. We're the same age, you're better looking though. "

Hahaha thank you young man, I actually think I've more fun being a bit older than when I was green behind my ears and cared what people are saying and thinking and my naughty mind works better and like a well oiled machine than ever before

By *it_tribesmanMan  over a year ago

Galway

I havent time for anything but work. Ive never been on Facebook or twitter or anything. Fab is the only thing I occasionally look at.

Id love to have time for hobbies/ gym or even a relationship. But life is a constant rush

Oh I must state too that my job isn't hard, I don't take work home, I'm not a professional with a hugely stressful job. It's just time consuming with overtime and travelling to and from and trying to eat right around it. I'm bitching but I had to clarify my job is pretty basic and easy enough compared to others.

Belfast

"Oh I must state too that my job isn't hard, I don't take work home, I'm not a professional with a hugely stressful job. It's just time consuming with overtime and travelling to and from and trying to eat right around it. I'm bitching but I had to clarify my job is pretty basic and easy enough compared to others.

"

Ok....listen to me...you are on fast forward, rush rush rush. Let's conduct an experiment...Come to Belfast, take the train, no fone, just prearrange time to meet etc etc....could you do it?? See how you might relax

"Oh I must state too that my job isn't hard, I don't take work home, I'm not a professional with a hugely stressful job. It's just time consuming with overtime and travelling to and from and trying to eat right around it. I'm bitching but I had to clarify my job is pretty basic and easy enough compared to others.

Ok....listen to me...you are on fast forward, rush rush rush. Let's conduct an experiment...Come to Belfast, take the train, no fone, just prearrange time to meet etc etc....could you do it?? See how you might relax "

Haha I've been to Belfast (only for like 30hrs) I loved it. Feels like a foreign holiday but is not . When me and my friends went there we were slow dumb that we decided to go in marching season even though we were never there. We parked the car in some random street got out to get some food in a shop and next thing there was the orange order marching passed us. We were like "cool what's this?" . Great place with very friendly people.

Belfast

Ok....listen to me...you are on fast forward, rush rush rush. Let's conduct an experiment...Come to Belfast, take the train, no fone, just prearrange time to meet etc etc....could you do it?? See how you might relax

Haha I've been to Belfast (only for like 30hrs) I loved it. Feels like a foreign holiday but is not . When me and my friends went there we were slow dumb that we decided to go in marching season even though we were never there. We parked the car in some random street got out to get some food in a shop and next thing there was the orange order marching passed us. We were like "cool what's this?" . Great place with very friendly people. "

Lol! Glad your visit was both cultural and enjoyable ??

Haha I've been to Belfast (only for like 30hrs) I loved it. Feels like a foreign holiday but is not . When me and my friends went there we were slow dumb that we decided to go in marching season even though we were never there. We parked the car in some random street got out to get some food in a shop and next thing there was the orange order marching passed us. We were like "cool what's this?" . Great place with very friendly people.

Lol! Glad your visit was both cultural and enjoyable ??"

We also went to a gay bar for the first time and none of us are gay or bi but yer pubs close early and we were told the gay club was late opening, there was probably other late opening clubs but we didn't question the taxi driver

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Do a Tubridy.

Swap your phone for a Nokia 3310 and all it does is call/text/snake. Only Fab at home on tablet/laptop.

Never Facebook! It sucks your life away with distant friends that can't be arsed to text/phone.

Go old school young man and get your life back

"I havent time for anything but work. Ive never been on Facebook or twitter or anything. Fab is the only thing I occasionally look at.

Id love to have time for hobbies/ gym or even a relationship. But life is a constant rush "

That doesn't sound very balanced. Nobody went to their grave wishing they had spent more time at work.

You always think you won't have time but you do just manage to get on with it and fit things in. I have kid,a husband,I work, I go to college, I volunteer, I see my friends, I'm on most social media apps and I squeeze in some swinging time too I'm not saying I wouldn't like a quieter life at times but hey it works

Galway

"I havent time for anything but work. Ive never been on Facebook or twitter or anything. Fab is the only thing I occasionally look at.

Id love to have time for hobbies/ gym or even a relationship. But life is a constant rush

That doesn't sound very balanced. Nobody went to their grave wishing they had spent more time at work. "

I know. Its crap.

Hard to break the cycle

By *rBakersMan  over a year ago

dublin/kildare/wicklow

We are human Beings!

Not human Doings!

We need to try prioritise the important things in life. I know it's not easy. I've been there done that. Worked 80hour weeks.

Working like that achieves nothing, but pays the tax man and you don't see your family and friends.

At the end of the day your boss doesn't really care about you. In my experience anyway. Learn to say No and take back some of your time back.

"We are human Beings!

Not human Doings!

We need to try prioritise the important things in life. I know it's not easy. I've been there done that. Worked 80hour weeks.

Working like that achieves nothing, but pays the tax man and you don't see your family and friends.

At the end of the day your boss doesn't really care about you. In my experience anyway. Learn to say No and take back some of your time back. "

That doesn't sound very balanced. Nobody went to their grave wishing they had spent more time at work.

I know. Its crap.

Hard to break the cycle "

Well if you don't enjoy it, time to rethink, maybe?

Id love to have time for hobbies/ gym or even a relationship. But life is a constant rush "

Review your priorities!

Im a wife, mother and worked full time most of my life in busy posts. Added to that I also was my late disabled fathers main carer for 12 years.

I did it all with no time to myself but eventually something had to give.....MY health!

Ended up in hospital very ill but learned a very valuable lesson. Listen to your body and realise you are not indestructable!

No one is indispensable in work and most of us are just a number....no more no less!

Work will still be there when we arnt.

Learn the inportant things in life. Family, friends, relaxing and having fun! Enjoy your life, its the only one you will have!

Sorry for being soo deep thinking

Galway

"We are human Beings!

Not human Doings!

At the end of the day your boss doesn't really care about you. In my experience anyway. Learn to say No and take back some of your time back. "

Thanks for that!

» Add a new message to this topic