FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Sextortion

Sextortion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Gays, girls & couples be careful. This is reported on RTE News

Some Irish companies involved in cyber security receive up to 15 reports of sextortion a week

Some Irish companies involved in cyber security receive up to 15 reports of sextortion a week

A growth in the number of people being targeted by online scammers through so-called 'sextortion' rackets is causing concern among cyber security experts in Ireland.

Sextortion involves gangs posing as young women luring men and asking them to engage in sexual acts during video chats.

The gangs record the footage and then threaten to release it unless the men pay a ransom.

While the number of incidents reported to gardaí is very low, experts tell RTÉ's Prime Time that some Irish companies involved in cyber security receive up to 15 reports of sextortion a week.

Paul Dwyer of Cyber Risk International told Prime Time: "The gangs will target various areas geographically. For example, in August there seems to be a high number of 'Sextortion' crimes in Ireland.

"They will pinpoint people who have been in the media and might be getting a high profile, but really what they are looking for is people they can make pay, this is about money and nothing else".

One victim, who was recorded by a sextortion gang told Prime Time how a Facebook friend request from a seemingly genuine profile, turned out to be a gang that he ended up paying almost €15,000 in the hope they would not publish the video online.

He explains how the gang targeted him within seconds of his exposing himself in a video chat.

"Within five seconds my social media went wallop, it was like they were ready for me. They sent me a list of all my friends saying they would share this video, they wanted money upfront and wanted it straight away.

"They kept looking for money and money and money, and they never stopped. Over a period of about six months they would have sent me over 3,000 e-mails. In total I gave them in the region of €15,000, over about 16 months."

The man explained: "It did destroy me. It did. I'm not sleeping. I wake up every hour and I'm afraid to look at my phone.

"Suicide was in my head and it got so far that at one time I was ready to go. And I don't know what changed my mind. I thought to myself I'm going to have to face this. And not end my life over these bastards."

'Sextored and Shamed' will be broadcast on Prime Time on RTÉ One television tonight at 9.35pm.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No way! This is terrible.

When’s it on?

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Sounds like an episode of BLACK MIRROR

But that's the age we all live in

Poor, poor man

By *hors.HammerMan  over a year ago

Newbridge

"Gays, girls & couples be careful. This is reported on RTE News

"

Why not straight men? Do men not have to be careful

[Removed by poster at 31/05/18 17:56:17]

These scams are not being sufficiently taken seriously by law enforcement.

Some people have taken their own lives as a result of these scumbag criminals.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

happened to me before..was recorded on webcam and then they tried to bl*ckmail me..said they would release the footage to the public if I didn't transfer money through some app..that was 9 years agoI told them i didnt care what footage they hd of me as nobody would care anyway..then i told them to go fook themselves

They said i was the first person that ever reacted that way

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman  over a year ago

South Dublin

"

happened to me before..was recorded on webcam and then they tried to bl*ckmail me..said they would release the footage to the public if I didn't transfer money through some app..that was 9 years agoI told them i didnt care what footage they hd of me as nobody would care anyway..then i told them to go fook themselves

They said i was the first person that ever reacted that way "

Like that poor young lad that took his on life after they tried to extort him!!

So so sad x

By *anther PurrrsWoman  over a year ago

the Shadows Purrring or Roaring

I know of a 16 yr old kid this happened too and he committed suicide.

Tragic how many this happens too...

Some people do anything for money

By *un4tooCouple  over a year ago

north cork

Happened to a friend of mine.

Met a "random" woman in cork city while he was ordering a coffee. Got chatting to her and swapped numbers. Few hours later she skypes him while she's naked, he strips off and starts wanking. All the while she is recording.

She hung up and sent him the video demanding €1000, the same fella isn't all there in the head so didnt take her serious.

She followed through on the threat and posted it on Facebook. "John doe has been sending my 9yr old daughter these videos, watch your kids with this sicko".

Even to this day he doesnt realise the seriousness of it all.

"

happened to me before..was recorded on webcam and then they tried to extort me..said they would release the footage to the public if I didn't transfer money through some app..that was 9 years agoI told them i didnt care what footage they hd of me as nobody would care anyway..then i told them to go fook themselves

"

I've heard of this recently too and that's exactly what I thought I'd do if someone tried extorting me, even if you were worried, make em think you don't give a shit and tell them to go ahead and show it cause no one will care.

Takes away all their power. And for me anyway, even if they called my bluff, anybody that matters to me and I'm close to, worse they'd do is shake thier head and say "Niigel"....ya muppet!" Haha

p.s. Not my name sextorsionists!!!

"Gays, girls & couples be careful. This is reported on RTE News

A growth in the number of people being targeted by online scammers through so-called 'sextortion' rackets is causing concern among cyber security experts in Ireland.

Sextortion involves gangs posing as young women luring men and asking them to engage in sexual acts during video chats.

The gangs record the footage and then threaten to release it unless the men pay a ransom.

While the number of incidents reported to gardaí is very low, experts tell RTÉ's Prime Time that some Irish companies involved in cyber security receive up to 15 reports of sextortion a week.

Paul Dwyer of Cyber Risk International told Prime Time: "The gangs will target various areas geographically. For example, in August there seems to be a high number of 'Sextortion' crimes in Ireland.

"They will pinpoint people who have been in the media and might be getting a high profile, but really what they are looking for is people they can make pay, this is about money and nothing else".

One victim, who was recorded by a sextortion gang told Prime Time how a Facebook friend request from a seemingly genuine profile, turned out to be a gang that he ended up paying almost €15,000 in the hope they would not publish the video online.

He explains how the gang targeted him within seconds of his exposing himself in a video chat.

"Within five seconds my social media went wallop, it was like they were ready for me. They sent me a list of all my friends saying they would share this video, they wanted money upfront and wanted it straight away.

"They kept looking for money and money and money, and they never stopped. Over a period of about six months they would have sent me over 3,000 e-mails. In total I gave them in the region of €15,000, over about 16 months."

The man explained: "It did destroy me. It did. I'm not sleeping. I wake up every hour and I'm afraid to look at my phone.

"Suicide was in my head and it got so far that at one time I was ready to go. And I don't know what changed my mind. I thought to myself I'm going to have to face this. And not end my life over these bastards."

'Sextored and Shamed' will be broadcast on Prime Time on RTÉ One television tonight at 9.35pm.

"

to be fair in these instances got use your common sense although I didn't watch it tonight what exactly happened was there female been used to make them expose themselves and are they married etc

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"

happened to me before..was recorded on webcam and then they tried to extort me..said they would release the footage to the public if I didn't transfer money through some app..that was 9 years agoI told them i didnt care what footage they hd of me as nobody would care anyway..then i told them to go fook themselves

I've heard of this recently too and that's exactly what I thought I'd do if someone tried extorting me, even if you were worried, make em think you don't give a shit and tell them to go ahead and show it cause no one will care.

Takes away all their power. And for me anyway, even if they called my bluff, anybody that matters to me and I'm close to, worse they'd do is shake thier head and say "Niigel"....ya muppet!" Haha

p.s. Not my name sextorsionists!!!"

exactly like who would be interested in watching some 20 something lad pulling himself off..sure eberybody does it..They should have paid me for putting on such a good show

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

Some one tried it on me but had no videos of me and I told him to go and beep beep off. Was not paying anyone .

This happened to me a stunning woman sent me a Facebook friend request and then starts chatting and then asked if i wanted video chat then the screen is blank and your waiting to see a face and a msg is wrote stating one minute and then they try say they have a video of you they are going to send to family and friends

Nasty mfs

[Removed by poster at 31/05/18 23:20:40]

» Add a new message to this topic