FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > hope

hope

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

is there any ? , i know only for my kids and wife i do find it very hard if not near impossible to go through the mundane things needed every day,

What do other people do to get out off the darkness when it descends , i left home at an early age so i lost all my child hood friends , my friends are now through my wife ,

i sincerly appreciate any helpful comments , cause sometimes i dont see hope

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is always hope sometimes ye just need to see things differently . If you keep thinking of what is hopeless you can never see the reasons to feel anything else .look at the positives and be thankful for them

Try and find the bright spots OP...tough at times I know but I always try to create an event in life in the near future so I have something to look forward to...a pint with friends..an evening out with family..anything. life is hard but still beautiful.

i know im probably wrong in saying this , but i dont think doctors are the answer , talking is yes not drugs i think they mask the issue not resolve it

There’s always hope bud, shot gets on top of us all, some handle it better than other, i struggle at times and the day to day life can be tough but there’s always light at the end.....

By *yeCandyDublinCouple  over a year ago

Lucan

I know you don't believe in doctors but consider going. I never realised I suffered with depression, I thought how I felt must be how everyone always felt until one day I got sick of crying, sick of feeling tired all the time but yet sleeping as much as I could and until one Christmas morning I felt literally no feelings when Santa had arrived. I went to counselling and to the doctor and I haven't looked back. The fog has lifted and is gone, I can think clearly now and what I realise is that sometimes getting help isn't a sign of weakness...it's a sign of inner strength. I feel happiness now and I never thought I would. Please consider help even in the short term X

Thanks guys

Feeling shit myself today i suffer with aniexty and depression tho just have think of positives to get you through and try get outside as much as possible that helps I find fresh air and that

I was always one of them people that thought people always over think depression/anxiety. I felt that way up until recently until myself and my ex broke up for mutual reasons. Even tho i knew it was for the best and still do, i cant help feeling depressed at times and anxiety has ruined countless nights of sleep for me.

I hate taking tablets but im beginning to feel like they might be the only help at this stage. Im not hugely depressed just a bit. I still enjoy plenty and have great craic but i cant imagine how hard it must be for someone suffering really bad with it.

Dont give up, you will always find something in life thats worth living for (in your case its probably your wife and kids). Dont be afraid to seek help

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

I know I've said it a few times on here, but I am a great advocate of meditation. I started it about 10 years ago and it changed my life. Having suffered panic/anxiety attacks on a weekly basis it was ruining my life. I literally havnt had one since. Check out the monroe institute, they developed a type of meditation called hemi-sync (hemispheric syncronisation) which i would definitely recommend to people starting off. Though I think medication does cover a lot of issues, I would still suggest you see your gp.

keep the head up bud

By *ensualandslow321Man  over a year ago

Tullamore

Whenever I feel like there's a dark cloud over my head following me around, I stop everything I'm doing, go to a quiet place and just think how lucky I am to have 3 super men for kids, no financial worries, a lovely place to live in, an area I adore and remember something that really puts a smile on my face (normally sex related)

This always get me out of a head rut.

Think how lucky you are and count your blessings. God knows there are a he'll of a lot of people who are worse off than you and me.

Hope this helps.

"is there any ? , i know only for my kids and wife i do find it very hard if not near impossible to go through the mundane things needed every day,

What do other people do to get out off the darkness when it descends , i left home at an early age so i lost all my child hood friends , my friends are now through my wife ,

i sincerly appreciate any helpful comments , cause sometimes i dont see hope"

It’s only on the darkest nights we see the brightest stars.

Stay positive man.

By *cilWoman  over a year ago

Wexford

Get through today. Tomorrow can always be better. Each morning when you wake up decide to be happy. It's hard at first. It's seems very unnatural to make such a decision. After a while it becomes normal. Thoughts and feelings can ladt just for moments until we think of something else. There is always somebody to talk to. Don't be afraid to do that.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"i know im probably wrong in saying this , but i dont think doctors are the answer , talking is yes not drugs i think they mask the issue not resolve it"

The first step is asking for help and you're doing that now so well done you.

Doc may be able to refer you for counselling, cbt,worth enquiring about the talking therapies available.

Some workplaces offer an employee assistance scheme which allows you access to helpline, counselling etc,a good resource if that's something available to you.

The Samaritans are good when you need to vent to a listening ear. Sometimes you just need to get it out there.

The Mind website is very user-friendly and has links to other support.

Don't dismiss meds out if hand. They can be helpful for some people in the short term or long-term. You need to find what works for you.

A hug of support.

I know what your say ive been there and no i foud that the antidepressants didn't work for me but everybody is different

A shower every morning helps its like a mini pick me up

The thing is i ave 3 beautiful healthy children a strong wife (who is battling her own demons daily ) who ive to be strong for as long as they here i going nowhere

They are your strength mate your children to make you laugh when they aren't killing each other and your wife probably feels the same about you it sounds like you are each others rocks chin up mate

A good line to remember is from a great film is:

it cant rain all the time

The crow great film words of wisdom my friend

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

Chin up hun , been there hard place friends are great if you can talk to them x

By *omtom7Man  over a year ago

Tralee

Talk, always talk. No point bottling it up, you'd be surprised how many people are the same. Maybe get involved in something outside your group it can give you a different environment to forget your problems for a while.

It's easy to say, but practise thinking positively. Think of all the good things in your life, think of all the good things you'd like in your life. Positive thinking breeds positivity, negative thinking breeds negativity. If you focus on what you don't have, you'll always feel deprived, focus on the good stuff and more good stuff will happen. It sounds trite and simple, but I'm living proof of it.

That's not to say there won't e dark days, some of us just have to share our lives with darkness from time to time. Face it, feel it, cry it out or talk it out, and let it go.

I'm on meds and I see a psychologist. I'm managing most of the time. There's always hope, you just have to look in the right places for it. I wish you peace and contentment xx

Just remember guys anybody out there who is feeling low or down. To ask for help and to talk is a sign of strength not weakness. There are always people ready to help and people who love you dearly and care about you.

"I know you don't believe in doctors but consider going. I never realised I suffered with depression, I thought how I felt must be how everyone always felt until one day I got sick of crying, sick of feeling tired all the time but yet sleeping as much as I could and until one Christmas morning I felt literally no feelings when Santa had arrived. I went to counselling and to the doctor and I haven't looked back. The fog has lifted and is gone, I can think clearly now and what I realise is that sometimes getting help isn't a sign of weakness...it's a sign of inner strength. I feel happiness now and I never thought I would. Please consider help even in the short term X "

Fantastic advice from everybody on here. Help is a multi facated approach ... your GP, medication, counselling, talking, keeping busy ... i volunteer with Aware & this would be our basic advice to people... that said everyone is different & you do need to find what works best for you ... but never feel there is no hope & keep talking ... if not to family or friends, talk to a counsellor or Aware,Pieta or Samatatins

I agree now to listen

» Add a new message to this topic