FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Meditation

Meditation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anybody here meditate? If so, why did you start?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Anybody here meditate? If so, why did you start?"

------------

I meditate most nights before bedtime using "brain entrainment music" for a good nights sleep & to feel better and more alert the next morning

It's not for everybody but works for me

"Anybody here meditate? If so, why did you start?

------------

I meditate most nights before bedtime using "brain entrainment music" for a good nights sleep & to feel better and more alert the next morning

It's not for everybody but works for me "

What is "brain entertaining music"? lol

Is this an actual genre or your own vocab?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I meditate on a regular basis listening to reiki or calming music it helps me sleep

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Anybody here meditate? If so, why did you start?

------------

It's not for everybody but works for me

What is "brain entertaining music"? lol

Is this an actual genre or your own vocab?"

---------------------------------

BRAIN ENTRAINMENT not "entertainment" music.

Go google and find out

I do I starated to settle an over active mind lol. And now I use it regular enough , i love guided meditation related sounds.

Started stupid predict

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

I use yoga nidra which is like sleep meditation. This helps me fall asleep and sleep better.

I also do some other meditations when im feeling stressed or anxious. I use an app called insight timer. Its free and has a lot of really good content.

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

Regularly for about 10 years. Initially because of stress/depression/anxiety attacks. Havnt had one attack since. Now I'm happy as fuck I now give group meditation sessions in my free time, to show others it's not so crazy. I think the problem is, most people (especially guys) think it is an activity reserved solely for crazy hippy types. lol

Meditation practice and mindfulness exercises are proven techniques used to treat a variety of things , don’t knock it till you try it .

"I use yoga nidra which is like sleep meditation. This helps me fall asleep and sleep better.

I also do some other meditations when im feeling stressed or anxious. I use an app called insight timer. Its free and has a lot of really good content. "

Haha i use that one too. I really hope they don’t start charging soon!

"Regularly for about 10 years. Initially because of stress/depression/anxiety attacks. Havnt had one attack since. Now I'm happy as fuck I now give group meditation sessions in my free time, to show others it's not so crazy. I think the problem is, most people (especially guys) think it is an activity reserved solely for crazy hippy types. lol

"

Yeh I know what you mean. I’ve only really dabbled over the past year, but the time when I was consistent was the time I could feel Barry any anxiety/depression. What’s the shortest length of time you would meditate for?

"Meditation practice and mindfulness exercises are proven techniques used to treat a variety of things , don’t knock it till you try it . "

I do meditate! I’m just not very consistent and would like to hear from those who can actually keep doing it rountinely.

Headspace is a great app to get started initially, it's brill

"Headspace is a great app to get started initially, it's brill "

Used it up until I realised you had to pay monthly. The bastards with their beautiful app! That guys voice is made for guided meditation

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

"Regularly for about 10 years. Initially because of stress/depression/anxiety attacks. Havnt had one attack since. Now I'm happy as fuck I now give group meditation sessions in my free time, to show others it's not so crazy. I think the problem is, most people (especially guys) think it is an activity reserved solely for crazy hippy types. lol

Yeh I know what you mean. I’ve only really dabbled over the past year, but the time when I was consistent was the time I could feel Barry any anxiety/depression. What’s the shortest length of time you would meditate for?"

Shortest, just 10 mins. But generally 20-30 mins. Most people say they don't have the time, but I find the more time I give to meditation, the more I get done during the day. I put it down to organising your mind leaves you much more organised throughout the day.

By *vprMan  over a year ago

Romsey

I bought a four-cassette-tape box set (which gives an idea about how long ago this was) which taught a type of meditation called Clinically Standardised Meditation. It was a mantra based meditation but with all the religious stuff stripped out. Written by a psychologist.

I've been meditating ever since - once before work and once after. I can honestly say it's probably the most useful and beneficial thing I've done in my life.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I meditate, it's my saving grace. I mostly do it at night, at the end of a busy day. I call that my Beditation.

"Meditation practice and mindfulness exercises are proven techniques used to treat a variety of things , don’t knock it till you try it . "

True it does take a bit of focus to get used to it . I always recommend it to people to relax or help sleep .

"I meditate, it's my saving grace. I mostly do it at night, at the end of a busy day. I call that my Beditation. "

Lol love it

"I meditate, it's my saving grace. I mostly do it at night, at the end of a busy day. I call that my Beditation. "

Haha very creative

[Removed by poster at 27/06/18 13:12:42]

"Meditation practice and mindfulness exercises are proven techniques used to treat a variety of things , don’t knock it till you try it .

True it does take a bit of focus to get used to it . I always recommend it to people to relax or help sleep ."

It’s so hard to focus on not thinking but I’m just going to keep practicing. Beats giving a shit hahaa

By *ipswingCouple  over a year ago

portrush

try just breathing ...

attention on the air coming in ...out ...

through your nostrils ...

repeat as necessary ...

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Love it

I use a combo of bits I have taken from various different sources that works for me. Combined I suppose they are classed as meditation or Madametation

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I meditate, it's my saving grace. I mostly do it at night, at the end of a busy day. I call that my Beditation.

Love it

I use a combo of bits I have taken from various different sources that works for me. Combined I suppose they are classed as meditation or Madametation "

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

I meditate regularly. It's for lots of reasons including my wellbeing. I also lead mindfulness sessions with adults and children

» Add a new message to this topic