FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Belfast fabbers/rugby fans

Belfast fabbers/rugby fans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was wondering if there are any Ulster rugby fabbers that could help me out, I want to bring the gason to an ulster game and was wondering about places to stay close to Ravenhill, (Bear in mind at all times I’m from Cavan, so we are looking for cost effective), have no knowledge of Belfast and don’t want to be like a flute driving around lost all bloody day?? I’d be greatful for any help

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

We've often used the Ivanhoe in Carryduff.

Not a million miles from Ravenhill and easy to get to. Regular buses into the Ormeau road from outside the hotel only a couple of quid.

Thanks Datenight, I’ll look it up

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any of the city centre hotels are fine too , and then you can get taxis out. Also I think there are buses on match days from Europa although I’ve never used them myself.

Cheers derrym, as long as there are taxis, the last time I got on a bus was to go and see ET at the pictures!!

No bother with Taxis , I’ve stayed in premier inn in cathedral quarter and got taxi out no problem , coming back you have to queue until they let taxis into the concourse ( after crowds disperse a bit ) but once they start moving it’s a quick process ( I normally prop up the bar until such times ). Have also used premier inn for nights other than rugby lol ??

Unfortunately there will be no funny business or shenanigans going on but could be good to suss out for the future!!!

By *Belfast_FellaMan  over a year ago

belfast

There are various B&Bs on the Ravenhill Road, but I can't honestly vouch for the quality of any of them. The Parador Bar on the Ormeau Road also has rooms but it might be a tad loud if you're staying with a young child. Datenite's suggestion of the Ivanhoe is probably the best one you'll get, TBH.

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

I’d go city centre to be honest

It’s as close as the Ivanhoe but in the opposite direction and I’d say better hotels

It is worth the trip though, if Ulster perform the crowd are generally in good form

It can be quite quiet though if we’re getting hammered

lots of hotels around only a few quid from ravenhill jurys some times has good deals holiday inn as well google them and jkeep a eye for offers stay clear of fitz william.unless u have £ 160+ uid for one night

Cheers guys, it’s just a first time experience and rather than make him sit another three hours in a car home I want to make an evening of it. I think they are playing on the 18th of August but the few hotels I did look at were booked out

Lavery's bar were running an offer last season(? I'm not a rugby fan) for a match ticket, bus & a beer. Chek them out if they're still running it. Its facing benedicts hotel in Bradbury place, so walking distance to any other hotels or B&Bs in the city centre

» Add a new message to this topic