FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Sick of the cowards

Sick of the cowards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he rover returned OP   Woman  over a year ago

xxx

Is it ok for men to send threatening and abusive messages on here. Every week theres "they wont respond" posts go up here. Well heres the flipside, there's an undercurrent of nasty abusive men who feel its ok to be abusive and disrespectful. Can we talk about this more ??? Or is me not answering a message a more important topic.

Im sick of these cowards getting away with it.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Often I see ladies mentioning usernames on their status and I don't think they are reprimanded for it(open to correction), so maybe use that.

Report any abusive behaviour to admin, though I'm not sure what good it does.

Obviously block the gobshites (except me, as my abusive messages are just kink of course )

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Part and parcel of the site really I've gotten few messages that werent abusive but tone of them were meant to try tear me down but I either ignore them or tell them to suck my balls lol

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Part and parcel of the site really I've gotten few messages that werent abusive but tone of them were meant to try tear me down but I either ignore them or tell them to suck my balls lol "

Not trying to derail the thread or belittle it but telling them to suck your balls may spur them on

Dunboyne & Dublin

Also Rover, if a message is actually threatening, don't mess around, report that to the Gardai. That could be dangerous.

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

It is definitely not ok, unfortunately it's not just here, it's a common trend throughout the internet. The anonymity afforded to these scum just exacerbates the problem. On any internet public platform where comments can be posted these trolls are never far away. And the worst thing about it is the more attention they get, the more abusive they are.

xxx

"Part and parcel of the site really I've gotten few messages that werent abusive but tone of them were meant to try tear me down but I either ignore them or tell them to suck my balls lol

Not trying to derail the thread or belittle it but telling them to suck your balls may spur them on "

This could be a turn on

xxx

"Also Rover, if a message is actually threatening, don't mess around, report that to the Gardai. That could be dangerous. "

Ive had one guy and yes it was extremely threatening. As far as i know he got away with it

xxx

"It is definitely not ok, unfortunately it's not just here, it's a common trend throughout the internet. The anonymity afforded to these scum just exacerbates the problem. On any internet public platform where comments can be posted these trolls are never far away. And the worst thing about it is the more attention they get, the more abusive they are. "

Im sick of the dont feed them ... its happening and its not trolls. Its guys with legitimate profiles some even verified like tonights halfwit just behaving like entitled spoilt brats

Dunboyne & Dublin

This is a dodgy tactic but...

Perhaps lead them on, to the point of getting their number. At that point the Gardai could take action, I believe, unless it's a burner phone, so you'd actually have to set up a meet.

Hopefully some other Fabber here has work related knowledge on how to do this, or advice on what can/can't be done.

xxx

"Part and parcel of the site really I've gotten few messages that werent abusive but tone of them were meant to try tear me down but I either ignore them or tell them to suck my balls lol

It shouldn’t be part and parcel accepting it is part of the problem. A guy called me out on a forum before because I used my right to choose not to reply to him when I challenged him on it Admin banned me from the forums for 3 days #gofigure

This is what i mean ... i get abused tonight by some moran whis verified and a site supporter.. this is not a troll this is someone with a personality disorder. Its not acceptable in real life it shouldn't be here.

If he's a site supporter, then the company behind the site have his payment details and should be able to pass that to Gardai "

Thats something i didnt think of .. wise one

xxx

"It is definitely not ok, unfortunately it's not just here, it's a common trend throughout the internet. The anonymity afforded to these scum just exacerbates the problem. On any internet public platform where comments can be posted these trolls are never far away. And the worst thing about it is the more attention they get, the more abusive they are.

Im sick of the dont feed them ... its happening and its not trolls. Its guys with legitimate profiles some even verified like tonights halfwit just behaving like entitled spoilt brats I'm not saying I agree with it, but it is true unfortunately. Just like bullies, if they get attention for what they are doing it does spur them on. "

I know what your saying and yes yoy are right but you know what its easy to deal with trolls. Irs more disturbing when its a real person if you get me. These men are neeting women, what happens if she says no in person if they're so volatile here.

The Site Admin never retain payment data.

If threats are reported to gardai/Police, details of the user can be accessed by Site Admin only.

Dunboyne & Dublin

"The Site Admin never retain payment data.

If threats are reported to gardai/Police, details of the user can be accessed by Site Admin only.

"

Thank you for answering Marie.

At least we know that info can be passed to relevant authorities

"The Site Admin never retain payment data.

Thank you for answering Marie.

At least we know that info can be passed to relevant authorities "

Unfortunately the Garda do not have the time or man power to put into this. The nature of the site also results in them turning a blind eye . I know of a case where it was a garda threatening & being abusive, when threatened with reporting to his superiors & gsoc he laughed.

Site admin do not appear to be pro active on this either, trolls when banned just close their profile & re appear.

In the case of an abusive profile with veris, msg the other profiles & see if they are having issues.

Unfortunately the abusers never seem to go away

It shouldn’t be part and parcel accepting it is part of the problem. A guy called me out on a forum before because I used my right to choose not to reply to him when I challenged him on it Admin banned me from the forums for 3 days #gofigure

This is what i mean ... i get abused tonight by some moran whis verified and a site supporter.. this is not a troll this is someone with a personality disorder. Its not acceptable in real life it shouldn't be here. "

I agree with you both but I don't know how you stop its difficult one

By *hors.HammerMan  over a year ago

Newbridge

This is not something that should happen. It is a person's own choice whom they reply to or not.

It shouldn't be part and parcel of the site and the site and Admin should be doing more to stop it.

No one has the right to abuse anyone on here for not answering a mail.

Anyone who does this should be banned from the site, be they a site supporter verified or not. The people who run this site have it in their power to address this in site rules and also enforce it upon evidence of the message being sent to them to rule out false claims.

But people need to cop on and realize people have their own choice. If they don't reply move on. A personal attack because you've been rejected is just childish. They need to take a look at themselves and realize the problem isn't the person they've mailed. It's them, and others like them.

Grow up! we are all Adults here, some of you need to remember that.

I agree with the post above .its not acceptable in this day and age on any online site especially if someone is paid into it

You cant control what some people do and say but admin can do a hell of a lot to stop it too

If memory serves me right remeber reading a articule about another online site where there was a lot of abuse and tighter restrictions were made

[Removed by poster at 31/07/18 07:51:14]

I dont think it's enough to ban them their email and ip address should also be blocked from returning while it might not completely stop them returning it stop the sending abusive messages then deleting their account and the just setting up a new one straight away

Why did u make this comment and then say after it.. this might be a turn on... make up ur mind

By *r MacmullyMan  over a year ago

Tarbert

I believe. That that should not happen and when it does report and block them. I also believe that you should have a screenshot of out and if it threatened you in any way report it to your local Garda station with the details of the site details and the screenshot. I'd also advise my friends about this person and show them the screenshot when I next meet them.

By *r MacmullyMan  over a year ago

Tarbert

"Why did u make this comment and then say after it.. this might be a turn on... make up ur mind"

It was a different poster who said it might be a turn on

xxx

"I agree with the post above .its not acceptable in this day and age on any online site especially if someone is paid into it

You cant control what some people do and say but admin can do a hell of a lot to stop it too"

Admin need to be more proactive about this. I was considering becoming a site supporter but why would i buy into something that does not protect its members. Theres no feedback and these cowards are allowed to continue. Trolls are one thing but men with genuine profiles doing this to women, it needs to be addressed properly

xxx

"I dont think it's enough to ban them their email and ip address should also be blocked from returning while it might not completely stop them returning it stop the sending abusive messages then deleting their account and the just setting up a new one straight away"

This is what i mean by been more proactive. No point slapping people on the wrist for a minor infraction and then ignoring major problems... be consistant and actually do something about it

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I always follow procedure but at the end of the day i just dont think its been taken seriously. Ive screenshot messages and informed the powers that be that ive done this. Ive evidence, not once have i been asked for it.

"

If it is carried out on the site you don't need evidence, once you report Admin can see it. I will paste onto the next post how Admin deal with reports.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS. There is no mod on this thread ( apart from me ) so please, if you need info about how the site works, it is best you put a question in the site help or feedback section where Admin or a mod will be able to confirm for you.