FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > What are the main difference in Irish and English cultures ?

What are the main difference in Irish and English cultures ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just having an interesting discussion with an Irish workmate, about the difference in our two cultures, what do you think seperate us apart from the accent and a bit of sea ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

1 is Irish and 1 is English.

FFS

Go quora to get that info.

"1 is Irish and 1 is English.

FFS"

Brilliant. Thanks for your valuable input.

"Go quora to get that info. "

Is Quora near Dublin ?

One's history is founded on an empire of pillage the others is a reactionary culture of the oppressed. Brexit is also a good indicator. Irish people are quite comfortable being European as well as Irish.

"1 is Irish and 1 is English.

FFS

Brilliant. Thanks for your valuable input. "

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ab

"Go quora to get that info.

Is Quora near Dublin ?"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha brilliant

By *azmazMan  over a year ago

City centre

Well said Bro as the brilliant film black 47 shows ext that it wasn't just the plaque that killed our ancestors

English are definitely more aggressive by nature.

In no way do I dislike the English, I go over a few times a year and nice and cheap and some great boozers.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Henry the VIII and with him the English people got rid of the Catholic church in 15something, the Irish never did.

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

One has inept and corrupt politicians who never resign and are never responsible or accountable but still get reelected because of which side their ancestors were during the civil war and the other just has inept politicians.

By *attiejoejoeMan  over a year ago

Any town

Well let’s see , I believe that the Irish have a better sense of humor, nicer regional accents , friendly people and their Irish ?? . That’s just an opinion and yes I do have a lot of English friends too , so I’m not going to offend them .

By *m389Man  over a year ago

Bromley

We’re a lot less into pastries and pies.

It’s a shame because I do love Greggs.

By *urlyloverMan  over a year ago

n Ireland

Na,but they are looking rid of it now

Watch Black 47 then we can have a chat about the difference between the Irish and the English

"Watch Black 47 then we can have a chat about the difference between the Irish and the English "

Well said

"Watch Black 47 then we can have a chat about the difference between the Irish and the English "

Or the wind that shakes the barley

By *rudenMan  over a year ago

dublin

Well said

Is that a movie or a documentary?

"Watch Black 47 then we can have a chat about the difference between the Irish and the English

Is that a movie or a documentary? "

Movie ....

"Watch Black 47 then we can have a chat about the difference between the Irish and the English

Is that a movie or a documentary? "

Movie but is a good historical representation along with The Wind That Shakes The Barley.

Jimmy's Hall is a good sequel to the The Wind That Shakes The Barley and gives a good insight into how the country became such a reactionary shithole in the years after the civil war.

[Removed by poster at 18/09/18 20:24:29]

Also you can go back to the slave trade of the Irish too. To Hell or Barbados is a good book on it.

By justifying the pain of the past, by blaming, all we are doing is recommitting to the pain.

"Of course I am going to feel like this, this happened to us, that happened to us, they did this and they did that"

But all we are doing is signing another contract to continue with the pain but if we say "Those things happened to us but we want to move forward" we have an opportunity to re-imagine our world and re-imagine our place in it.

I know terrible things happend in the past but by holding on to that pain we recommit to reliving it.

Of course it was wrong what happened to us but what's even worse is that we still allow it to effect our consciousness in the now, when we could be free.

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

We as irish are a strong proud nation as are the English. Our pride is based on our culture, language, music,dance, stories. Englands pride is based on conquest and ownership, rule Britannia.

We are very similiar in some ways but fundamentally we are completely different. The irish lack the arrogence of the engish..things have moved on, were friends now....the same but miles apart. Acceptance of each others past, respect for each others differences and humility for each others history is vital. We're the sane but different

Why dwell on the differences when the similarities are infinitely more fun to explore?

"By justifying the pain of the past, by blaming, all we are doing is recommitting to the pain.

"Of course I am going to feel like this, this happened to us, that happened to us, they did this and they did that"

But all we are doing is signing another contract to continue with the pain but if we say "Those things happened to us but we want to move forward" we have an opportunity to re-imagine our world and re-imagine our place in it.

I know terrible things happend in the past but by holding on to that pain we recommit to reliving it.

Of course it was wrong what happened to us but what's even worse is that we still allow it to effect our consciousness in the now, when we could be free.

"

It seems that one thing the Irish are great at is bearing grudges.

"By justifying the pain of the past, by blaming, all we are doing is recommitting to the pain.

It seems that one thing the Irish are great at is bearing grudges. "

I think they have every right to bear a grudge against the English. for what they did to the Irish people over the years.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

You can't rewrite history but we can learn from it and move on. No one benefits from holding grudges

"You can't rewrite history but we can learn from it and move on. No one benefits from holding grudges "

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"You can't rewrite history but we can learn from it and move on. No one benefits from holding grudges "

Yet people protest over the pope's visit to Ireland. Because of what happened years ago the same people don't want Trump visiting Ireland yet without America's help over the century Ireland would be in a very sad state.They get the red carpet out for the Royals and we all know how they love to rule.

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman  over a year ago

South Dublin

I grew up in Scotland, I was never treated differently for being Irish. When I would come back to Ireland I was treated differently for living in the UK Irish people can’t move on from the past they hold grudges. I didn’t live with the troubles but my parents did. I don’t let that affect my view on the UK people now. They are not the ones who did all that so why should they still be getting crap really annoys me in this country. I have an English best mate, I have been around her family for over 20yrs not one of them have ever been arrogant or whatever other terms were used up above. Slatting a while country based on what is perceived of them is very one track brained

"I grew up in Scotland, I was never treated differently for being Irish. When I would come back to Ireland I was treated differently for living in the UK Irish people can’t move on from the past they hold grudges. I didn’t live with the troubles but my parents did. I don’t let that affect my view on the UK people now. They are not the ones who did all that so why should they still be getting crap really annoys me in this country. I have an English best mate, I have been around her family for over 20yrs not one of them have ever been arrogant or whatever other terms were used up above. Slatting a while country based on what is perceived of them is very one track brained "
They still have the crown on our country's head that's today's news.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"

Excellent post.

Some of the views aired on this thread are very depressing - saying “watch Black 47” is like saying “watch Braveheart” for a précis of England/Scotland relations .....

Excellent post.

Some of the views aired on this thread are very depressing - saying “watch Black 47” is like saying “watch Braveheart” for a précis of England/Scotland relations ....."

Im sure it was more depressing for the Irish people that had to live through those brutal times.

Excellent post.

Some of the views aired on this thread are very depressing - saying “watch Black 47” is like saying “watch Braveheart” for a précis of England/Scotland relations ..... Im sure it was more depressing for the Irish people that had to live through those brutal times. "

I was talking to one of my friends in Sarajevo about this the other day.... beats him the difference between Irish and English...

"Same cow, different moo." says he.

"Ah, be fair," says I, "they don't think of themselves that way. There's centuries of history and bloodshed there--"

And then I listened to myself, remembering... if anybody has a right to hold grudges, it's the people in the Balkans...

Funnily enough, an ex-lover of mine, also Irish, said he knew lots of ex-gardaí and PSNI working in Kosovo... apparently the similarities between here and there lend them an extra advantage in dealing with regional factionaslosdm and sectarian anti-social behaviour.

Excellent post.

Some of the views aired on this thread are very depressing - saying “watch Black 47” is like saying “watch Braveheart” for a précis of England/Scotland relations ....."

I hold zero animosity towards the average English person but do believe that traumatic historical events can leave a mark for generations afterwards.

I see the merit in focusing on the future but the past should never be ignored or the same mistakes can be made again.

xxx

Excellent post.

I thought this myself ...what happened then cant dictate now. Weve seen where that gets us

Excellent post.

Some of the views aired on this thread are very depressing - saying “watch Black 47” is like saying “watch Braveheart” for a précis of England/Scotland relations .....

I thought this myself ...what happened then cant dictate now. Weve seen where that gets us"

But yet you protest about the pope's visit even though a lot of what happened was before he became pope. What's the big difference between the two.

By *ensualandslow321Man  over a year ago

Tullamore

Differences

sense of humour

Need to be fighting a war somewhere

English can play soccer

Language: pudding instead of desert

We colonised the Aran Islands the English colonised half the planet

UK has better TV

Must say we have a lot more in common now.

Belfast

Excellent post.

I thought this myself ...what happened then cant dictate now. Weve seen where that gets us But yet you protest about the pope's visit even though a lot of what happened was before he became pope. What's the big difference between the two. "

Who mentioned the pope? Straw man argument

"Differences

sense of humour

Need to be fighting a war somewhere

English can play soccer

Language: pudding instead of desert

We colonised the Aran Islands the English colonised half the planet

UK has better TV

Must say we have a lot more in common now.

"

Im not so sure about the soccer part.

Excellent post.

I thought this myself ...what happened then cant dictate now. Weve seen where that gets us But yet you protest about the pope's visit even though a lot of what happened was before he became pope. What's the big difference between the two.

Who mentioned the pope? Straw man argument "

Isn't he part of the Irish culture in a lot of ways.

Belfast

Excellent post.

I thought this myself ...what happened then cant dictate now. Weve seen where that gets us But yet you protest about the pope's visit even though a lot of what happened was before he became pope. What's the big difference between the two.

Who mentioned the pope? Straw man argument Isn't he part of the Irish culture in a lot of ways. "

If history has taught us anything,it's that it's all in the past.

Time to move on,unite,theres a greater enemy on our doorstep.

One that will effect us all.

Belfast

"If history has taught us anything,it's that it's all in the past.

One that will effect us all."

Now I can’t get that UK Subs classic outta my head ......

I've no negative feelings towards the UK, although I come from a family that when you trace it back where heavily persecuted for being Catholic but I'm not so it's not my cross to bare.

I'll never forget the things I was told, they're apart of who I am and my heritage. I'm proud of my ancestors who fought "unsuccessfully" at the time for this countries freedom against a foreign occupier

But I respect people that respect me so I bare no ill will against anyone.

Who cares!

We prefer to focus on what unites us and what we have in common and not what divides us.

Politics on this island has always been toxic regardless of religion.

The bonus from threads like this is that it lets us know who to avoid.

Same cow, different moo!!!!

I love That.

By *ub_1Man  over a year ago

Northside

Yorkshire pudding.....

Warm ale....

"If an enemy did not exist, it would be necessary to invent one"

Are you quoting Game of Thrones??

[Removed by poster at 19/09/18 14:10:49]

who is that ????

One that will effect us all.who is that ????"

Nietzsche

They be Celts, We be Anglo Saxons (on the whole)...

Could be that simple ?

By *xplicitMan  over a year ago

donegal

They have 2 syllables in 'vehicle'...we have 3..simples..

.must say, there does appear to be a huge amount of progressive forward thinking irish swingers on the site..

.oh..yeah..forgot, we are much better at sarcasm then the english

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Born on the little island live on the big island next to the mainland.

I think that somes it up perfectly.

Britain always felt inferior to the mainland of Europe but was bigger than us so felt quite secure in iitself.

We were stuck on the fringes of the mainland so always felt happy to get to the party , so f*ck it we are going to enjoy it

The big island was never satisfied being the middle child & always needed to prove itself, where as we are the small island kind of got away with tormenting the feck out of em .

Or you could just you tube

"twtwtw class sketch ".

Somes it up pretty well .

By *ittlePinkUnicornWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"I grew up in Scotland, I was never treated differently for being Irish. When I would come back to Ireland I was treated differently for living in the UK Irish people can’t move on from the past they hold grudges. I didn’t live with the troubles but my parents did. I don’t let that affect my view on the UK people now. They are not the ones who did all that so why should they still be getting crap really annoys me in this country. I have an English best mate, I have been around her family for over 20yrs not one of them have ever been arrogant or whatever other terms were used up above. Slatting a while country based on what is perceived of them is very one track brained "

By *oupleuncutCouple  over a year ago

dun laoghaire

We love to talk about the weather more, I found myself doing it today, I'd say I said 'it's a windy one' a million times today, I just can't stop myself, it's like a tick

One that will effect us all.who is that ????

Nietzsche"

...?????

Nietzsche...?????"

German philosopher

"Well said Bro as the brilliant film black 47 shows ext that it wasn't just the plaque that killed our ancestors "

The plague?

By *eys00Man  over a year ago

have boots will travel

"Well said Bro as the brilliant film black 47 shows ext that it wasn't just the plaque that killed our ancestors

The plague?"

*the plaque.

Gum disease was the real killer

Nietzsche...

?????"

Ya I thought the same.

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same."

As a above Friedrich Nietzsche was a German philosopher

He wrote beyond good and evil

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

He wrote beyond good and evil "

I'm well aware of who Nietzsche is, thanks.

Someone asked who is the enemy. The answer they got is Nietzsche. I don't think the great enemy they were asking about is Nietzsche.

[Removed by poster at 19/09/18 19:14:44]

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

Someone asked who is the enemy. The answer they got is Nietzsche. I don't think the great enemy they were asking about is Nietzsche.

Ah but the response is funny, because aul Freddie predicted this whole post truth era

"

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

Ah but the response is funny, because aul Freddie predicted this whole post truth era

"

If you say so

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

If you say so "

It's not just me but ya I do say so

Welcome back Penelope in case no one has said it yet

other stuff aside we have different population densities

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

If you say so

Welcome back Penelope in case no one has said it yet "

I thought you had a permanent forum ban

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

If you say so

I thought you had a permanent forum ban "

Nope just a misunderstanding but that cleared up

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

If you say so

Welcome back Penelope in case no one has said it yet "

She’s always welcome in Devon.

on the hill NordWest of

"Born on the little island live on the big island next to the mainland.

Britain always felt inferior to the mainland of Europe but was bigger than us so felt quite secure in iitself.

We were stuck on the fringes of the mainland so always felt happy to get to the party , so f*ck it we are going to enjoy it

The big island was never satisfied being the middle child & always needed to prove itself, where as we are the small island kind of got away with tormenting the feck out of em .

"twtwtw class sketch ".

"

Pmsl Britain and feeling inferior hahaha that's why they collonialised half of the world... fab never ceases to entertain....

Is England not now the capital of Pakistan????

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

If you say so

I thought you had a permanent forum ban "

It's not what you know it's who you know.

"Born on the little island live on the big island next to the mainland.

"twtwtw class sketch ".

Pmsl Britain and feeling inferior hahaha that's why they collonialised half of the world... fab never ceases to entertain.... "

Yes they were always good at taking what didn't belong to them.

Barrys tea and Dennys sausage

"Is England not now the capital of Pakistan????"

No

By *ublincpl24Couple  over a year ago

Citywest

In the context of this lifestyle, Irish culture is still very conservative in many ways.

"Is England not now the capital of Pakistan????

No"

Unfortunately colonialism does come back to bite you in the ass eventually but for me it was human nature conquer or be conquered, and I'm certain we would have taken over the world along time ago except for the Feckin drink

Nietzsche...

?????

Ya I thought the same.

If you say so

She’s always welcome in Devon. "

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

The main difference is the English don't have an identity any more. As a society they have become completely diluted. Ireland is also heading that way. Whether yiu agree with multiculturalism or not that's the way things seem to be headed.

There is a big Irish culture for people to move to England

By *ickbigdickMan  over a year ago

Newcastle West

Wtf ha ha it wasn't a plague it was a famine.... and it wasn't actually a famine it was an orchestrated genocide by the British as they did all over the world....

"The main difference is the English don't have an identity any more. As a society they have become completely diluted. Ireland is also heading that way. Whether yiu agree with multiculturalism or not that's the way things seem to be headed. "

What a load of ill informed nonsense

By *appytoadsCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Well said

By *appytoadsCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Well said

"The main difference is the English don't have an identity any more. As a society they have become completely diluted. Ireland is also heading that way. Whether yiu agree with multiculturalism or not that's the way things seem to be headed.

What a load of ill informed nonsense "

How is it ill informed nonsense...what happens in England over time usually comes to our shores to...

"The main difference is the English don't have an identity any more. As a society they have become completely diluted. Ireland is also heading that way. Whether yiu agree with multiculturalism or not that's the way things seem to be headed.

What a load of ill informed nonsense How is it ill informed nonsense...what happens in England over time usually comes to our shores to..."

Its not just england its one of the problems of an integrated europe countrys lose their unique identity i visit a lot of european citys and walking down the high streets u could be in any country in europe with the same shops and coffee chains etc

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

What a load of ill informed nonsense "

Care to elaborate or is that your iq used up for the week?

By *uniorendowedMan  over a year ago

London Derbyshire

the cracks different

What a load of ill informed nonsense How is it ill informed nonsense...what happens in England over time usually comes to our shores to...

Its not just england its one of the problems of an integrated europe countrys lose their unique identity i visit a lot of european citys and walking down the high streets u could be in any country in europe with the same shops and coffee chains etc "

And that's why you have to love capitalism kids it works

What a load of ill informed nonsense

Care to elaborate or is that your iq used up for the week? "

Im not the person who replied to you but I agree with them. English society has not become completely diluted. Head of state is the head of the Church. Language and customs remain the same. English food has gotten better though.... how exactly do you think their society has been diluted?

By *ancylaceloverTV/TS  over a year ago

Limerick

Beans on the full Irish breakfast

"The main difference is the English don't have an identity any more. As a society they have become completely diluted. Ireland is also heading that way. Whether yiu agree with multiculturalism or not that's the way things seem to be headed. "

So are you saying that citizenship in a state should be limited to one ethnic, cultural, religious, or identity group?

So are you saying that citizenship in a state should be limited to one ethnic, cultural, religious, or identity group?"

Nail on head

on the hill NordWest of

Embracing diversity is more fruitful to a society than heading towards nationalism. Multiculturalism and identity don't exclude each other, it all depends how it's dealt with.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

The word “three”

A lot more Irish views than British on here, though I should say English as the real animosity is towards the English only!

Good job we have the best self deprecating humour in the world, it’s funy how history can be rewritten in many ways. It I wanted to be inflammatory I could say if not for Britain, Herman would be the language of Ireland. But we all have pluses and minuses

I love Ireland and have visited numerous times, and 99.99% of Irish people are very welcoming, you won’t get the higher percent anywhere else in the world

South Dublin Area

"A lot more Irish views than British on here, though I should say English as the real animosity is towards the English only!

Good job we have the best self deprecating humour in the world, it’s funy how history can be rewritten in many ways. It I wanted to be inflammatory I could say if not for Britain, Herman would be the language of Ireland. But we all have pluses and minuses

I love Ireland and have visited numerous times, and 99.99% of Irish people are very welcoming, you won’t get the higher percent anywhere else in the world "

If not for Britain....

Russia is the main reason the Germans lost the war, only for the channel yis were done for.

"A lot more Irish views than British on here, though I should say English as the real animosity is towards the English only!

I love Ireland and have visited numerous times, and 99.99% of Irish people are very welcoming, you won’t get the higher percent anywhere else in the world

If not for Britain....

Russia is the main reason the Germans lost the war, only for the channel yis were done for.

"

Errr Britain was offered a pact to stay out the war, you’ve jumped a little bit there. Though yes the fog over the channel helped as did Russia in not losing the war, want my point though!! Remember there were some very influential royals close to Hitler he would not of invaded if Britain had declared neutral

"The word “three” "

In what way?

South Dublin Area

If not for Britain....

Errr Britain was offered a pact to stay out the war, you’ve jumped a little bit there. Though yes the fog over the channel helped as did Russia in not losing the war, want my point though!! Remember there were some very influential royals close to Hitler he would not of invaded if Britain had declared neutral "

similar to the pact he had with Russia? That he soon broke. Theres no way he would’nt have turned on you either way, pact or no pact

I love Ireland and have visited numerous times, and 99.99% of Irish people are very welcoming, you won’t get the higher percent anywhere else in the world "

If not for Britain Irish would be our language

If not for Britain Irish would be our language "

So why isn’t it now?

If not for Britain....

Errr Britain was offered a pact to stay out the war, you’ve jumped a little bit there. Though yes the fog over the channel helped as did Russia in not losing the war, want my point though!! Remember there were some very influential royals close to Hitler he would not of invaded if Britain had declared neutral similar to the pact he had with Russia? That he soon broke. Theres no way he would’nt have turned on you either way, pact or no pact "

Russia started advancing into areas that threatened Germany and they were bolsheviks. Totally different scenario

South Dublin Area

So why isn’t it now? "

Everyday i wake up and thank England that we speak their language and not that absolute pox

South Dublin Area

If not for Britain....

Errr Britain was offered a pact to stay out the war, you’ve jumped a little bit there. Though yes the fog over the channel helped as did Russia in not losing the war, want my point though!! Remember there were some very influential royals close to Hitler he would not of invaded if Britain had declared neutral similar to the pact he had with Russia? That he soon broke. Theres no way he would’nt have turned on you either way, pact or no pact

Russia started advancing into areas that threatened Germany and they were bolsheviks. Totally different scenario "

You think hitler would have kept his word? Really

So why isn’t it now? "

Because the English occupation of Ireland was pretty successful in that regard and the penal laws made sure that our heritage would not survive but hey ho we found a way to keep it going but it will die out and that lies with Britianna.

I only mention it because you said if it was not for Britian we'd be speaking German which technically isn't correct either but let's not start knit picking

If not for Britain....

Errr Britain was offered a pact to stay out the war, you’ve jumped a little bit there. Though yes the fog over the channel helped as did Russia in not losing the war, want my point though!! Remember there were some very influential royals close to Hitler he would not of invaded if Britain had declared neutral similar to the pact he had with Russia? That he soon broke. Theres no way he would’nt have turned on you either way, pact or no pact

Russia started advancing into areas that threatened Germany and they were bolsheviks. Totally different scenario You think hitler would have kept his word? Really"

He had half the royal family as friends! So that’s the big difference, we’d no doubt of been a proxy state but we would of not been annexed. He would of wanted Ireland and do you think the proxy state would of said no.

We are both hypothesising but to my mind him having Britain as an ally would of helped him smooth things with the yanks too, can’t be proven can’t be dis proven

It wasn't the Germans that invade our country and stuck an unwanted crown on its head.

South Dublin Area

Anyway...

My personal opinion..

I find the brits dont get our humour, i find them not the warmest of people compared to other nations in europe, they seem to be tight with money or cautious perhaps, i notice this when i go drinking and they are very naive in regards to how much they need to bring with them.

As an irishman i am very fond of them though, i find their women incredibly sexy, i also would want them with me in a street fight over any other race in europe, they have cajones. I find them smart and articulate are more arrogant than they let you think they are. I also love the way they always give us lots of points in the Eurovision. They are far more honest than some of their european counterparts.

on the hill NordWest of

If not for Britain....

Russia started advancing into areas that threatened Germany and they were bolsheviks. Totally different scenario You think hitler would have kept his word? Really

He had half the royal family as friends! So that’s the big difference, we’d no doubt of been a proxy state but we would of not been annexed. He would of wanted Ireland and do you think the proxy state would of said no.

We are both hypothesising but to my mind him having Britain as an ally would of helped him smooth things with the yanks too, can’t be proven can’t be dis proven "

Doesn't speak for the royals...

"It wasn't the Germans that invade our country and stuck an unwanted crown on its head. "

I hate the monarchy do we British have any choice of it? They have the worlds largest council house, I hate all religions too yet they get forced on all unfortunately thars life

If not for Britain....

Russia started advancing into areas that threatened Germany and they were bolsheviks. Totally different scenario You think hitler would have kept his word? Really

We are both hypothesising but to my mind him having Britain as an ally would of helped him smooth things with the yanks too, can’t be proven can’t be dis proven

Doesn't speak for the royals... "

Love the royals me

Denise Royle: Dad, stop fiddling with yourself.

Jim Royle: I'm not fiddling with meself, I paid a quid for these underpants and I've got about 50 pence worth stuck up me arse.

Barbara Royle: She's right. If you're not picking you're arse, you're pecking you're teeth.

"It wasn't the Germans that invade our country and stuck an unwanted crown on its head.

I hate the monarchy do we British have any choice of it? They have the worlds largest council house, I hate all religions too yet they get forced on all unfortunately thars life"

Worlds largest council house s drawing parallels between the royals and chavs as ye call them

"It wasn't the Germans that invade our country and stuck an unwanted crown on its head.

I hate the monarchy do we British have any choice of it? They have the worlds largest council house, I hate all religions too yet they get forced on all unfortunately thars life"

Do all council houses pull in tourists from all over the world, there’s always a load of Japanese stood outside my house taking photos ?!

I hate the monarchy do we British have any choice of it? They have the worlds largest council house, I hate all religions too yet they get forced on all unfortunately thars life

I wanna live like common people...i wanna sleep with common people....

Do all council houses pull in tourists from all over the world, there’s always a load of Japanese stood outside my house taking photos ?!"

No matter where you are born in the world or under what religion, you are always born into the right God, lucky that

If not for Britain....

Errr Britain was offered a pact to stay out the war, you’ve jumped a little bit there. Though yes the fog over the channel helped as did Russia in not losing the war, want my point though!! Remember there were some very influential royals close to Hitler he would not of invaded if Britain had declared neutral similar to the pact he had with Russia? That he soon broke. Theres no way he would’nt have turned on you either way, pact or no pact "

it took more the Russia to beat hitler even they couldn't have done it on their own.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Just having an interesting discussion with an Irish workmate, about the difference in our two cultures, what do you think seperate us apart from the accent and a bit of sea ? "

Very little difference tbh..we both speak the same language and support english football teams..many people who identify themselves as irish can barely string a sentence together in irish what does that tell you..the only people who can call themselves irish are people who can speak fluent irish anybody else is a plastic paddy might as well be english

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

Well said we can't change the past, or change tomorrow so live in the present, negativity sorts nothing x

"Just having an interesting discussion with an Irish workmate, about the difference in our two cultures, what do you think seperate us apart from the accent and a bit of sea ?

Very little difference tbh..we both speak the same language and support english football teams..many people who identify themselves as irish can barely string a sentence together in irish what does that tell you..the only people who can call themselves irish are people who can speak fluent irish anybody else is a plastic paddy might as well be english "

Sure some of the English themselves can barely speak English so where does that leave them.

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Well, looking at cultural differences re: swinging...

You'll see English singles & couples with full face pics on their profiles ...whereas the Irish are a bit more discreet re: face pics

There seems to be more of a club culture in England, not as much here ....but it's getting bigger

English forums talk predominately about swinging... whereas the Irish forums is where Irish people get to talk about everything ...and yes sometimes, even swinging!!!

Apart from that we all love a bit of sex

...so let's all mingle in an Irish English orgy!

[Removed by poster at 21/09/18 08:58:08]

Two separate countries with distinct though intertwined histories separated by a common language... funnily enough if everyone in Ireland still spoke Irish and not English I don’t think this would have come up as a discussion point...

Except maybe if you were a grudge... then id definitely hold on..!

I think people should be able to debate a topic on the forums and

Not agree without telling them to go fck themselves in my humble opinion

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"

I’ve received bans for less than that ..... quality moderating as usual ....."

I'm sorry I wasn't online over night, I like to get in at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Belfast

"

I’ve received bans for less than that ..... quality moderating as usual .....

I'm sorry I wasn't online over night, I like to get in at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep."

The comment related to consistency not speed of response

"

I’ve received bans for less than that ..... quality moderating as usual .....

I'm sorry I wasn't online over night, I like to get in at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

The comment related to consistency not speed of response "

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"Just having an interesting discussion with an Irish workmate, about the difference in our two cultures, what do you think seperate us apart from the accent and a bit of sea ?

Very little difference tbh..we both speak the same language and support english football teams..many people who identify themselves as irish can barely string a sentence together in irish what does that tell you..the only people who can call themselves irish are people who can speak fluent irish anybody else is a plastic paddy might as well be english "

Which irish should tbey speak...old irish?archaic irish...munster irish..middle irish..connacht irish...ulster irish?or scottish gaelic??so which one would we have to speak?

xxx

Well thought out response as usual from you... really trying hard for that reaction plastic paddy. Stop a bhí dúr

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Very little difference tbh..we both speak the same language and support english football teams..many people who identify themselves as irish can barely string a sentence together in irish what does that tell you..the only people who can call themselves irish are people who can speak fluent irish anybody else is a plastic paddy might as well be english

Well thought out response as usual from you... really trying hard for that reaction plastic paddy. Stop a bhí dúr "

Whats a bhí dúr....

English people generally don't sing or play instruments.

When they do sing it's something really lame like "sweet chariot."

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Where do I start.

Well. We are ( the Irish ) more relaxed in general

We aren’t too bothered with people’s impressions of us. Well I’m not

We will always just get on with it

The general feeling over here regarding life is sure if it will happen it will so what’s Point in worrying

And

We talk differently and don’t suffer fools

Other than that we do love a drink but who doesn’t

By *ortobello SionnachWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Irish guys are generally more chilled but then they do drink a lot more. Apart from that there are more things in common than different.

Bromley

Irish ppl would dress up for the postman, British won’t give a toss what they’re wearing.

"English people generally don't sing or play instruments.

When they do sing it's something really lame like "sweet chariot.""

Yep no musical tradition in England at all

"English people generally don't sing or play instruments.

When they do sing it's something really lame like "sweet chariot."

Yep no musical tradition in England at all

"

Ya sure no one's heard of the Beatles obviously or any of the great British icons oh that was a ridiculous comment, the English have more to offer the musical world then a flat rendition of sweet chariot after world cup matches

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

The biggest culture shock for me going to England the first time was finding out they don't do bacon wheelies, burger bites, kinder buenos,mint crisp or brunches. Imagine my disgust.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Just why is it that we can hardly speak our own language,was hardly anything to do with our language and culture being suppressed for centuries now was it?

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

A bit like what they did with the "Welsh not"

Bromley

"The biggest culture shock for me going to England the first time was finding out they don't do bacon wheelies, burger bites, kinder buenos,mint crisp or brunches. Imagine my disgust. "

No chicken fillet rolls either.

Just why is it that we can hardly speak our own language,was hardly anything to do with our language and culture being suppressed for centuries now was it?"

Not centuries, maybe from 1830, with the introduction of the national school system that banned the speaking of Irish. Irish is still the official language of Ireland too, I don’t believe the British can be blamed for any suppression of Irish since 1922.

By *yno21Man  over a year ago

banbridge

Tayto crisps and buckfast lol ??

» Add a new message to this topic