FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Perceptions

Perceptions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

First of all Good morning!...now my thought for the day!....Has being on fab made you more age conscious?.. Now in my day to day life I don't think about it,I feel no different now to how I did say 10,15 years ago and when I see an attractive lady I don't think of their age (within reasonable boundaries)and I would imagine in a normal social situation most people don't!...Imagine you getting chatting to someone when you're out, thinking they're very nice and you fancy them,and suddenly they say "I'm 50"! ..now I doubt you would suddenly think "oh I don't want to meet anyone older than 48", make your excuses and run!...yet that is what some do on Fab ,I understand people having age guidelines, but are we all being very narrow minded in perceiving people by a number?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ebra LoungeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"First of all Good morning!...now my thought for the day!....Has being on fab made you more age conscious?.. Now in my day to day life I don't think about it,I feel no different now to how I did say 10,15 years ago and when I see an attractive lady I don't think of their age (within reasonable boundaries)and I would imagine in a normal social situation most people don't!...Imagine you getting chatting to someone when you're out, thinking they're very nice and you fancy them,and suddenly they say "I'm 50"! ..now I doubt you would suddenly think "oh I don't want to meet anyone older than 48", make your excuses and run!...yet that is what some do on Fab ,I understand people having age guidelines, but are we all being very narrow minded in perceiving people by a number?"

As a rule if someone seems too old to us then that’s that. Getting the exact age number and realizing they actually fall within our age acceptable brackets won’t change anything. Also works the other way. Came across some men and women that really look much better then their age and yes exceptions can then be made

By *illium_cobblersMan  over a year ago

swords & Derby

Age is an unfortunate filter at times, its really frustrating when you try to say hi and you too old but as theres so many of us chasing so few you got to thin the herd somehow and i dont know what my BMI is if they were to use that or some other indicator.

Think you have to accept it (or fib lol)

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"First of all Good morning!...now my thought for the day!....Has being on fab made you more age conscious?.. Now in my day to day life I don't think about it,I feel no different now to how I did say 10,15 years ago and when I see an attractive lady I don't think of their age (within reasonable boundaries)and I would imagine in a normal social situation most people don't!...Imagine you getting chatting to someone when you're out, thinking they're very nice and you fancy them,and suddenly they say "I'm 50"! ..now I doubt you would suddenly think "oh I don't want to meet anyone older than 48", make your excuses and run!...yet that is what some do on Fab ,I understand people having age guidelines, but are we all being very narrow minded in perceiving people by a number?"

We cant criticise folk for having upper limits when we have lower limits lol but that’s simply cos it would be creepy meeting people the age of our children

Each to their own

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have being to a good few m&gs and partys where ladys have asked me why i have never texted them when i tell them i am over their45 age filter its never a problem

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Age is an unfortunate filter at times, its really frustrating when you try to say hi and you too old but as theres so many of us chasing so few you got to thin the herd somehow and i dont know what my BMI is if they were to use that or some other indicator.

Think you have to accept it (or fib lol) "

...BMI! ...think i'm better off using my age!..I don't need to be filtered to oblivion

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Don't think it's being narrow minded....on here it's a guide line and a way of filtering

Age has never been a problem for us and most of the time I seem to go for older men but.... If its getting close to my parents age its just a no And I have not been in a pub and found any of their friends hot so don't think it will be an issue

I dont like going younger.prefer around my own age or older

By *ust4fun555Man  over a year ago

city centre

No, but it has made me more self body conscious. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing tbh

» Add a new message to this topic