FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Verification social

Verification social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey folks, this is for any new users that have been on the site for a month say by the weekend of the 26th-28th October.

If, like myself, you've been struggling to get verified because of the sheer volume of single guys on here, or as a girl who for one reason or another hasn't been verified either, I am proposing a potential group meeting on Saturday 27th in Belfast town.

Basically I was thinking if people meeting the criteria above were prepared to meet in town for a coffee/tea or whatever with the purpose of having a chat and getting to know each other, it might be fun and less daunting to anyone feeling nervous about their first 1 to 1 meet. Also there is something to be said for safety in numbers, and this might be important for some too. It would be a way to get verified as I said making yourself more appealing to other users and also potentially opening up doors to meet and greets etc.

To those that have been on the site longer:

If this were to go ahead I would make it clear to all that attend that any verifications must make clear that a meeting of newbies was how it this verification was obtained. That would then allow any of you to consider this if you were more interested in those vefied by long term more trusted users; if that makes sense.

Anyone who objects to this or has an idea as to why it might not work and how it could be tweaked to make it work, please comment here as any help is much appreciated. Anyone meeting the criteria above and interested in the meet then please express your interest to me in a private message. Obviously this won't go ahead if it's 10 guys and 1 girl or myself and 10 girls(not that I would be so lucky ), but if the right even numbers show interest then we can make it happen.

Thanks for taking the time to read, whether you respond or not, and good luck to all of you on FAB!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just a little tip You’ll need at least 1 person that’s verified as as an unverified person can not verify another

Hope it works out

Logistics.

You will probably be inundated with folks who say they wish to be involved.

Then when you get round to choosing a date/time and venue you will find the numbers who actually follow-through will dive to about one-tenth of the original list.

Of those who say they can attend - about half will just not turn up and about a quarter will let you know they cannot attend at the last minute.

However, if you factor in all of the above, you will find yourself with a lovely group of smiley faces all keen to start mingling.

Enjoy your event

"Logistics.

Then when you get round to choosing a date/time and venue you will find the numbers who actually follow-through will dive to about one-tenth of the original list.

Of those who say they can attend - about half will just not turn up and about a quarter will let you know they cannot attend at the last minute.

However, if you factor in all of the above, you will find yourself with a lovely group of smiley faces all keen to start mingling.

Enjoy your event

"

Thank you both for your feedback, hopefully an event can be organized but I understand after reading above that it may not go to plan. I will try though.

As for a little extra then: considering the stated logistical issue, anyone verified who does want to attend you are all more than welcome.

By *ivelifeMan  over a year ago

Fair play to you

By *ink lady69Woman  over a year ago

nurney

great idea hope it works out for you x

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"Logistics.

Enjoy your event

"

So true

Im familiar with 2 or 3 events like this that have been arranged in the past.

One in particular was supposed to be attended by about 2 dozen people ..... 5 turned up!

By *m389Man  over a year ago

Bromley

It can still go ahead even with just guys no?

By *ivelifeMan  over a year ago

"It can still go ahead even with just guys no?"

I couldnt see why not ,all here for the one reason and lifestyle

By *ilbearniMan  over a year ago

peninsula

I would be interested, let me know what is arranged. Will try to keep the day Free.

Hi..After 11 months of here..I just got photo verified...and I have to say OMG

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Might be interested too

I'll keep you folks posted but so far, regards the suggested meet, not any messages to my inbox. All who are interested keep an eye here in the furum thread and sure just express your interest here. I was verified last night, for which I am very grateful, and this as it says above is needed for verifications of newbies at the social. We'll play it by ear but all being well it will go ahead.

"I'll keep you folks posted but so far, regards the suggested meet, not any messages to my inbox. All who are interested keep an eye here in the furum thread and sure just express your interest here. I was verified last night, for which I am very grateful, and this as it says above is needed for verifications of newbies at the social. We'll play it by ear but all being well it will go ahead."
Anybody else want to come along to ours

I think the only problem you will have is a straight guy with verifications only from guys. It doesn't help guys when females and couples are looking for straight guys... because the only meets they have are guys

I was thinking this myself but couldn't find the right words to explain it when the guys above mentioned it could still happen if it was all or mostly guys. This is why I wanted a more mixed crowd. Plus, I've never written a Veri before and as a straight man how do I give a Veri about another man that will get him noticed by women without wen seeing me writing like 10 veri's, all for guys, and not thinking I'm bi or in the closet?

Would it not make sense to just have one from a guy and just be something simple like “had a beer with this chap, great laugh” etc etc. I don’t understand where the value would be in multiple ones

I’d b interested

By *ocketman99Man  over a year ago

fermanagh

"I'll keep you folks posted but so far, regards the suggested meet, not any messages to my inbox. All who are interested keep an eye here in the furum thread and sure just express your interest here. I was verified last night, for which I am very grateful, and this as it says above is needed for verifications of newbies at the social. We'll play it by ear but all being well it will go ahead.Anybody else want to come along to ours"

I’m sure you could get a few interested people...??????

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

A guy to guy veri doesn’t have to be sexual. Just say on it that ye chatted at a social and he seem like a cool guy. It’s mainly a way to prove that someone is willing to go to the effort of showing up when that say they will.

"Logistics.

Enjoy your event

Thank you both for your feedback, hopefully an event can be organized but I understand after reading above that it may not go to plan. I will try though.

As for a little extra then: considering the stated logistical issue, anyone verified who does want to attend you are all more than welcome."

Avoid a that potential disappointnent by simply arranging the venue at a hotel bar where people are just meeting. Nothing to arrange. If 5 or 30 turn up great. Not all will stay the whole time nor arrive at same time. It's sold as simply a place to get your first couple of veris. That's simple enough OP and if only a few turn up no disappointments as it's an afternoon having a couple of drinks and a bit of craic. I'd come along if I was free to verify people.

"I was thinking this myself but couldn't find the right words to explain it when the guys above mentioned it could still happen if it was all or mostly guys. This is why I wanted a more mixed crowd. Plus, I've never written a Veri before and as a straight man how do I give a Veri about another man that will get him noticed by women without wen seeing me writing like 10 veri's, all for guys, and not thinking I'm bi or in the closet? "

The fact he has a veri from a social means he turned up, he was verified as to who he says he is, a little about his character his interests etc... shows he can converse too.

"I was thinking this myself but couldn't find the right words to explain it when the guys above mentioned it could still happen if it was all or mostly guys. This is why I wanted a more mixed crowd. Plus, I've never written a Veri before and as a straight man how do I give a Veri about another man that will get him noticed by women without wen seeing me writing like 10 veri's, all for guys, and not thinking I'm bi or in the closet?

The fact he has a veri from a social means he turned up, he was verified as to who he says he is, a little about his character his interests etc... shows he can converse too."

The Instigator, you have the right idea my friend and yes I'd be more than happy to have you there if you can make it to give veri's. A hotel sounds like it might work better than a coffee shop etc. I was planning on spending a few hours in town on Saturday and had thought I would just tie in with anyone who turned up in town potentially moving about from place to place as I did and meeting wherever was handy rather than sitting in one coffee shop for several hours. If the hotel thing sounded like a better idea to everyone else I'd be more than happy stopping in the lobby bar for a set few hours and getting to meet people over a drink or 2 as you suggest.

Interested if this goes ahead. If I've time I could pop by and say hello.

By *ustkrissMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm going to a social on Sat night in Belfast. Search the forum I think here is a couple of different meets going on.

"I was thinking this myself but couldn't find the right words to explain it when the guys above mentioned it could still happen if it was all or mostly guys. This is why I wanted a more mixed crowd. Plus, I've never written a Veri before and as a straight man how do I give a Veri about another man that will get him noticed by women without wen seeing me writing like 10 veri's, all for guys, and not thinking I'm bi or in the closet?

The fact he has a veri from a social means he turned up, he was verified as to who he says he is, a little about his character his interests etc... shows he can converse too.

The Instigator, you have the right idea my friend and yes I'd be more than happy to have you there if you can make it to give veri's. A hotel sounds like it might work better than a coffee shop etc. I was planning on spending a few hours in town on Saturday and had thought I would just tie in with anyone who turned up in town potentially moving about from place to place as I did and meeting wherever was handy rather than sitting in one coffee shop for several hours. If the hotel thing sounded like a better idea to everyone else I'd be more than happy stopping in the lobby bar for a set few hours and getting to meet people over a drink or 2 as you suggest."

Didn't see it was to be this Saturday... I'm in Dublin for the Ideal Home Exhibition.

But I'd still be up for it another time as Im sure would another lady friend of mine. Keeping it simple is the way to go.

The Instigator, you have the right idea my friend and yes I'd be more than happy to have you there if you can make it to give veri's. A hotel sounds like it might work better than a coffee shop etc. I was planning on spending a few hours in town on Saturday and had thought I would just tie in with anyone who turned up in town potentially moving about from place to place as I did and meeting wherever was handy rather than sitting in one coffee shop for several hours. If the hotel thing sounded like a better idea to everyone else I'd be more than happy stopping in the lobby bar for a set few hours and getting to meet people over a drink or 2 as you suggest.

Didn't see it was to be this Saturday... I'm in Dublin for the Ideal Home Exhibition.

But I'd still be up for it another time as Im sure would another lady friend of mine. Keeping it simple is the way to go."

Folks it is this Saturday, but another social could easily be arranged for a later date. There are other socials happening on Saturday around Belfast, if your lucky enough to be attending any of them I'm sure you'll have a great time. Anyone that has expressed interest to meet this Saturday afternoon please confirm on Friday via this thread if you could.

Just one last time for anyone new. This social was suggested for non verified new users who would like to get verified on the site, but it's also open to those who have been here longer.

It will likely be a meet between say 2pm and 5pm over a drink or two, giving myself and potentially a couple of other verified users(a well verified girl and a well verified guy) the chance to get a chat with you and then write a little something about you. As above, if your planning to attend please say so here by Friday and if enough show an interest I will pm you all with a venue for Saturday.

Thanks!

» Add a new message to this topic