FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Would you tell them

Would you tell them

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *trawberryCutie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

My daughter was looking at my phone and she came and asked me what Fab was so I told her the truth . My friend who doesn't use Fab thinks I'm mad for telling her . Anyone any ideas if I did right or wrong

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"My daughter was looking at my phone and she came and asked me what Fab was so I told her the truth . My friend who doesn't use Fab thinks I'm mad for telling her . Anyone any ideas if I did right or wrong"

Kinda depending on her age.

If she's already familiar with Tinder/PoF then no reason not to explain.

If she's 7yrs old, then maybe not.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agreed completely depends on age.

If she is old enough she'll find out herself by searching the Internet

Dublin

Both my girls are 19 . And I've always told them to tell the truth. So for me that works both ways .

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Both my girls are 19 . And I've always told them to tell the truth. So for me that works both ways . "

19. Yeah, you did the right thing so.

Out of interest, what was your explanation of Fab?

If you care to share, obviously.

Dublin

I just said u know mum doesn't want a relationship she said yes . I said well Fab is a place where I can get to meet people like me. Some I will sleep with some I won't . She said just b safe mum . At 19 lol telling mum remember safe sex is a must

By *addy36Man  over a year ago

Mayo

I think you did the right thing, after all they are adults.

I'm curious as to their reaction!

By *addy36Man  over a year ago

Mayo

"I just said u know mum doesn't want a relationship she said yes . I said well Fab is a place where I can get to meet people like me. Some I will sleep with some I won't . She said just b safe mum . At 19 lol telling mum remember safe sex is a must "

Sounds like you did a really good job rearing your kids, well done you.

Well done!

Great to be open with your kids

The first rule of fab

Dublin

My girls took it very well they did ask me some questions . It was my friend that knocked me sideways by saying I shouldn't have told them

Dunboyne & Dublin

Parenting 101.

Nobody has a clue what the last 1 is

In my opinion, you did the right thing. Sounds like you have an open, honest relationship with your kids and that's something many would reach for but don't achieve.

Excellent for all of you

Dublin

The way I look at it is I'm not doing anything wrong. My girls know I'm not doing anything wrong . I'm just sorry that I told my friend

Dunboyne & Dublin

"The way I look at it is I'm not doing anything wrong. My girls know I'm not doing anything wrong . I'm just sorry that I told my friend"

Not everyone can get on board with open discussion in regards to the sexual part of life. It's Ireland. They are not to be dissed. Just know that you are doing the right thing.

If your friend was a 20's aged person, they'd have a different attitude.

Dublin

Yes I think u are right . At the end of the day I only have to answer to myself. And since my girls know it has took a lot of pressure off mep

Dublin

Me

By *wilighteyesWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

A bit like you here cutie, 3 daughters , all computer savy , , the house computer in the kitchen, chatted often, never hid where i was talking, all went well till one day came into chat and a chat friend whispered me, and said , look i dont want you to have a heart attack and i am only telling you cos , i know you well, but, just want ya to know that i'm almost certain I saw your daughter on cam this evening, ,,, so, one reads that , tries to be as open and modern as possible but a little part of me died inside .

Dublin

Can I just say my daughter was 11 when she told me she was gay. That took some bloody guts

By *yno21Man  over a year ago

banbridge

"Can I just say my daughter was 11 when she told me she was gay. That took some bloody guts "

In this social media driven culture she is mature beyond her years. You should be a proud mother and obviously awesome father lol..

In the Bar tonight a girl said too me she

Accepted bisexual because she just had heard about being bisexual lol ??..

Couldn’t understand why I wasn’t surprised lol like I told her bisexual was so 10 years ago lol ??

Friends come and go in life up 2 them 2 deal with who u are...but ur daughters are flesh and blood and will all ways come 1st over every one...well done or ur honesty..good luck and enjoy fab...

Tough decision to make, but at that age i think you done the right thing in telling the truth.

Looking forward to trying to chat your daughter up now because its only a matter of time before she joins

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Ya can only be relieved about telling them....some will agree..some will disagree...i think if you felt comfortable then its the right thing

But if she hadnt found it on your phone would you have still said it

"My daughter was looking at my phone and she came and asked me what Fab was so I told her the truth . My friend who doesn't use Fab thinks I'm mad for telling her . Anyone any ideas if I did right or wrong"

Tell her set up a profile and it's great fun

Dublin

"Ya can only be relieved about telling them....some will agree..some will disagree...i think if you felt comfortable then its the right thing

But if she hadnt found it on your phone would you have still said it"

no I don't think I would have .

If you are comfortable with your decision in telling her about.Then thats all there is to it.You seem to have a good relationship with her.Good luck OP

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"Ya can only be relieved about telling them....some will agree..some will disagree...i think if you felt comfortable then its the right thing

But if she hadnt found it on your phone would you have still said it no I don't think I would have . "

Its a kind of ...i only did it cause i had to....but it has to be a huge relief...and at least youve someone watching out for ya

By *BelfastGuyMan  over a year ago

Belfast

No harm in the truth. Your just being strait and honest. What did she say when you told her?

You did the right thing! It shows you respect your kids by deciding not to lie well done !

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

No, I don't believe in being open with children, or being their friend.

I wouldn't let any kids use my phone or laptop.

I also think its not appropriate to say your child had sexual urges for other women at age 11.

By *ysteryman2009Man  over a year ago

Ireland

Well done, brains , beauty inteligence and maturity and a great mum all in one. Never mind the friends negative feedback, she sounds jealous that she does not have your courage.

By *un4tooCouple  over a year ago

north cork

"No, I don't believe in being open with children, or being their friend.

I also think its not appropriate to say your child had sexual urges for other women at age 11. I agree with you here,i dont want to be friend to my kids,i do want to be mammy,parent,and i dont think i want to explain my sexual life to them,nor i think its their business tbh,but every parent is differnt. "

I would have pawned her off to be honest, im not sure what you were hoping to achieve disclosing such personal information. boundaries have to take precedence in parental relationships. Your disclosure may lead to more questions, concerns and worries from your daughter..

Dublin

Y not she knows how she feels and is 19 now and is still gay that hasn't changed

By *umpkinnMan  over a year ago

Dublin

It sounds like you have a very healthy open dialog with your daughters, so why not. If there is understanding and the first reaction is just to make sure you are safe, rather than trying to change your mind about something that you enjoy, then it was not the wrong thing to do.

You can't apply one rule to everyone, different people have different situations. Your friend should be jealous of the openness instead of shocked.

By *irdnBorisMan  over a year ago

meath

"Y not she knows how she feels and is 19 now and is still gay that hasn't changed"
fair play to you best to tell them the truth x

By *ustforfun90777Man  over a year ago

Enfield

Don’t think I could tbh.... just too weird... saying that I don’t plan on having kids so

By *aughtyTippcplCouple  over a year ago

Nearby

I guess it's different for singles to couples but no I'd never tell my kids that we're on here or why

I'd be terrified of them ever finding out.

Tina

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

Could do with a few more 19 yos around here. Ask them do they fancy joining

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"I guess it's different for singles to couples but no I'd never tell my kids that we're on here or why

I'd be terrified of them ever finding out.

Tina "

sometimes I laugh at what people say and even the way I think at times. All were doing is having sex, a natural normal thing to do in life

Dublin

I always say to my girls always tell the truth . And I do the same with them . It has to work both ways

north cork

"I always say to my girls always tell the truth . And I do the same with them . It has to work both ways "

For me its not the truth or lie question, for me its my prival life, and i dont feeel that i have to share my sex lofe with my kids, and i would never dare or want to know my parents privat life,nor will i push my kids to tell me them privat lifes when they will be adults,only if they want,all my kids should know and i will make sure of it,i will never judge them and be there for them even if all world will be agaist them.

"No, I don't believe in being open with children, or being their friend.

I also think its not appropriate to say your child had sexual urges for other women at age 11."

By *ortobello SionnachWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"My daughter was looking at my phone and she came and asked me what Fab was so I told her the truth . My friend who doesn't use Fab thinks I'm mad for telling her . Anyone any ideas if I did right or wrong

Kinda depending on her age.

If she's already familiar with Tinder/PoF then no reason not to explain.

If she's 7yrs old, then maybe not."

By *exydoctorsCouple  over a year ago

Galway/Clare

Like all parenting advice, it all depends on the type of relationship you have with them and what they are like, so inasmuch as you would like support, it's a decision only you can make and know the impact of. Some parents are more like older friends and that works out well, some are clearly parents and not friends so much and that works too.

For me, I only use fab in incognito mode so if kids have phone it's not in the history or anything, and if caught I'd have said I was browsing or something. But that's me and my kids. From the reaction of yours, I think it sounds like you made the right decision for you and them

north cork

"Like all parenting advice, it all depends on the type of relationship you have with them and what they are like, so inasmuch as you would like support, it's a decision only you can make and know the impact of. Some parents are more like older friends and that works out well, some are clearly parents and not friends so much and that works too.

For me, I only use fab in incognito mode so if kids have phone it's not in the history or anything, and if caught I'd have said I was browsing or something. But that's me and my kids. From the reaction of yours, I think it sounds like you made the right decision for you and them"

"My girls took it very well they did ask me some questions . It was my friend that knocked me sideways by saying I shouldn't have told them"

You are the only person that can decide what is best for your kids. If you think you did right, then I totally salute you! I don’t have kids, so I wouldn’t know where to start.

I’ve told one or two non-fabbers about this site and they were horrified. That is ...until I reminded one of them how she likes to take total randomers home after a d*unken night out. My long winded point is that nobody can really know what’s best for you - it’s a guy instinct thing.

Happy fabbing and we could do with more honesty in this world so don’t change! X

Dublin

"My girls took it very well they did ask me some questions . It was my friend that knocked me sideways by saying I shouldn't have told them

You are the only person that can decide what is best for your kids. If you think you did right, then I totally salute you! I don’t have kids, so I wouldn’t know where to start.

I’ve told one or two non-fabbers about this site and they were horrified. That is ...until I reminded one of them how she likes to take total randomers home after a d*unken night out. My long winded point is that nobody can really know what’s best for you - it’s a guy instinct thing.

Happy fabbing and we could do with more honesty in this world so don’t change! X"

You know your girls better than anyone... Not sure how I'd feel if my mother had told me that

» Add a new message to this topic