FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Musician converts

Musician converts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Reading in the news how Sinead o Connor has converted to Islam , I am both shocked and horrified that Sineads search for meaning and truth in her life has brought her to the conclusion that Islam is for her . I had always admired her for not giving a shit about what others thought of her , and her very long battle with her mental health she has worn on her sleeve for years often touching on subjects many an Irish person has brushed under the carpet regarding abuse as a child that she suffered , but I can’t for one minute believe that an educated world travelled single woman with children to care for , plenty of money , a non too shabby place in music history and many fans who care about her has decided to step back a few centuries to an ideology where she herself would have been put to death for her lifestyle and views previous . What the hell happened ?.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I can’t for one minute believe that an educated world travelled single woman with children to care for , plenty of money , a non too shabby place in music history and many fans who care about her has decided to step back a few centuries to an ideology where she herself would have been put to death for her lifestyle and views previous . What the hell happened ?..... "

I think a lot of decisions Sinéad has made over the last few years aren't really based on any logical consistency or good sense - rather, they all seem like cries for help or attention of some kind. She seems particularly desperate to worship some kind of figurehead (religious or otherwise) and to me, this just seems like the latest episode.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I can’t for one minute believe that an educated world travelled single woman with children to care for , plenty of money , a non too shabby place in music history and many fans who care about her has decided to step back a few centuries to an ideology where she herself would have been put to death for her lifestyle and views previous . What the hell happened ?.....

I think a lot of decisions Sinéad has made over the last few years aren't really based on any logical consistency or good sense - rather, they all seem like cries for help or attention of some kind. She seems particularly desperate to worship some kind of figurehead (religious or otherwise) and to me, this just seems like the latest episode. "

Agreed, but conversion to Islam carries with it no get out of jail card , or oops , I made a mistake card , the punishment for apostasy in Islam is death !,,

Apparently it's the natural step of progession for any theologian and that all scripture leads to Islam, that is a what she says anyway.

That sorta irks me as that statement belittles other religions. I'm non religious myself but believe that all should be respected but don't go around saying one is better than the other.

"

Agreed, but conversion to Islam carries with it no get out of jail card , or oops , I made a mistake card , the punishment for apostasy in Islam is death !,, "

Well yeah, it looks like she hasn't exactly followed this one through ! I can't say I was surprised when I heard of this.

By *aisedByWolvesMan  over a year ago

Dublin City

grenade o'connor

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

Wasn't she a Rastafarian a few years back when she released an album of Reggae covers?

She seems very troubled over the last few years. I saw a video of her talking about her death.

She appears to be a clear case of some mental disorder so I can only wish her well and hope this latest episode doesn't turn out to be the potential disaster it might be.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

I thought she was ordained a priest at one point. I don't think her new bedfellows will take it kindly when she makes a mock of their religion which she most likely will.

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Very sad i think....always searching for something..

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"I thought she was ordained a priest at one point. I don't think her new bedfellows will take it kindly when she makes a mock of their religion which she most likely will."

----------------

She was as about 20 years ago she was ordained a priest in the Tridentine Church and called herself Mother Bernadette Mary. 5 years previous to that she had torn up a picture of the Pope on US television...

She then seemed to find solace in the Rastafarian faith and Jamaican music after recording her first reggae album & talking about the spiritual influence of Rastafari...

She then went on to get married for the fourth time only for that marriage to end after 14 days...

Now, she has converted to another faith which as a human being she entitled to do. However the biggest concern should be for the woman's mental health because this time no matter what she does, the eyes on the world will now be on her...

I just hope she's okay at this time...

By *aisedByWolvesMan  over a year ago

Dublin City

"I thought she was ordained a priest at one point. I don't think her new bedfellows will take it kindly when she makes a mock of their religion which she most likely will.

----------------

She was as about 20 years ago she was ordained a priest in the Tridentine Church and called herself Mother Bernadette Mary. 5 years previous to that she had torn up a picture of the Pope on US television...

She then seemed to find solace in the Rastafarian faith and Jamaican music after recording her first reggae album & talking about the spiritual influence of Rastafari...

She then went on to get married for the fourth time only for that marriage to end after 14 days...

Now, she has converted to another faith which as a human being she entitled to do. However the biggest concern should be for the woman's mental health because this time no matter what she does, the eyes on the world will now be on her...

I just hope she's okay at this time..."

wish you could like comments on this!

» Add a new message to this topic