FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Mens mirror vs womens mirror

Mens mirror vs womens mirror

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *egman76 OP   Man  over a year ago

Rathnew

Lads have you ever wondered why when we look in a mirror we always see our best or potentially best selves. Ok, we all suck in the stomach and do a little flex but you know what I mean.

Whereas when a woman looks in an apparently similar mirror she always seems critical of herself and focuses on the negative bits.

I dont mean to offend any ladies here but as a citizen of the world I cannot help my observations.

I used to laugh about this with my ex wife but always had a secret plan to develop male contact lenses to give to women thereby making them happy and making myself rich simultaneously

Any opticians out there who wanna collaborate on this.

Next stop world domination.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because women are always been compared to each other, held up against each other their flaws pointed out, even recently there was a m&s shop window advertisement done with David gandy fully clothed, on one side with the wording "must have outfits to impress" and the female side wearing underwear, wording "must have fancy little knickers"

We as women are led to believe if we have any weight, stretch marks, wrinkles, cellulite etc we are not good enough.

"Lads have you ever wondered why when we look in a mirror we always see our best or potentially best selves. Ok, we all suck in the stomach and do a little flex but you know what I mean.

Whereas when a woman looks in an apparently similar mirror she always seems critical of herself and focuses on the negative bits.

I dont mean to offend any ladies here but as a citizen of the world I cannot help my observations.

I used to laugh about this with my ex wife but always had a secret plan to develop male contact lenses to give to women thereby making them happy and making myself rich simultaneously

Next stop world domination. "

Thats bullshit, women are just more vocal about it..

By *e r usCouple  over a year ago

derry

Have to agree with Steph women always being judged and anybody saying otherwise is either lying to themselves or just plain old lying.

Rathnew

Thank you for your reply Stephinboots,

I think that women are more critical of eachother and themselves than men are. It is natural to be a little self conscious regardless of gender. Please don't think that I am trying to be inflammatory or antagonistic here Im just trying to facilitate a healthy debate among the site members of both genders with a view to exploring the topic in a fun and whimsical way. I was just talking to a friend who works in a gym and he tells me that the men there are constantly consulting the mirror. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but Id be inclined to think thats not very manly. What do you ladies think.

By *e r usCouple  over a year ago

derry

Men are more judgemental than ladies In our experience things like nice tits but otherwise body would fail nct or mot depending which side of border you are from.

"Thank you for your reply Stephinboots,

I think that women are more critical of eachother and themselves than men are. It is natural to be a little self conscious regardless of gender. Please don't think that I am trying to be inflammatory or antagonistic here Im just trying to facilitate a healthy debate among the site members of both genders with a view to exploring the topic in a fun and whimsical way. I was just talking to a friend who works in a gym and he tells me that the men there are constantly consulting the mirror. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but Id be inclined to think thats not very manly. What do you ladies think. "

Seen it in the gym but the guys he is on about are the guys weight lifting etc and not the majority of guys.

As for been self conscious ? When does it start, how does it start? Obviously somewhere along the lines as a kid someone makes the comment about how you look or your size? Where do these kids hear that? Take a 4 yr old happy out not a care in the world, now look at an older child say from 9 up, their body is changing and what happens other kids make fun of them. Which in turn they then become adults and what do adults do when they get rejected they bully back.

I have had some nasty comments made by guys I have politely said no thanks to, one guy messaged me completely out of blue asking "who did I think would have sex with me, the size of me" had never interacted with this guy before. Funny thing was his two veris were from plus size ladies.

Women are definitely more openly critical of each other but I think it's a safety mechanism and it definitely says more about the person who is been critical.

Rathnew

I know that there is a lot of pressure placed on women in the media and always has been. In relation to the school yard men or boys are judged harshly aswell, like being picked last for the football team or not being big or tough enough. I think that stage is fairly similar. With regard to mens comments following female rejection, that is unpleasant to hear. But our behaviour at first impression is a useful tool for selecting decent intelligent partners. That too is a defence mechanism for a glass ego.The trick is to recognize that he is of low intelligence and lacking compassion, these are his faults not yours, his comments are best left on the floor.They say its easier to believe the bad things people say but an individual has the power to filter bullshit. That goes for any gender.

Whad do you think?

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I find the Hall of Mirrors usually puts us all in a good perspective to each other

I disagree.

There are huge mental health issues for men because we cant properly discuss our own insecurities not because we have none.

I personally think women are more judgemental of each other which contributes to their self confidence issues but we all have them

By *lan5200Man  over a year ago

cavan

"Lads have you ever wondered why when we look in a mirror we always see our best or potentially best selves. Ok, we all suck in the stomach and do a little flex but you know what I mean.

Next stop world domination. "

Mirrors are very deceptive you can see what you want in them.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Imagine those male contact lenses the op wants to develop for us women: I'd say there's a good chance that we would find ourselves starring at our own tits or ass having a brain freeze.

By *ack 188Man  over a year ago

Dublin 15

"Imagine those male contact lenses the op wants to develop for us women: I'd say there's a good chance that we would find ourselves starring at our own tits or ass having a brain freeze. "

If only!

By *ildmovementMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I disagree.

There are huge mental health issues for men because we cant properly discuss our own insecurities not because we have none.

I personally think women are more judgemental of each other which contributes to their self confidence issues but we all have them"

I have to agree here! Women are much more judgemental on what can be seen with out even trying to know what’s going on in someone’s head. As for the comment on mental health and the pressures on men, this is also true but two completely different topics. Men don’t talk about feelings, as that is what is breed into us, if we do we are seen to be too week and feminine, our culture has also created the image of woman to be the home maker and then the glamorous entertainer when there are guests.

Neither are correct or right but they do impact on the majority and how society believes we should act! This is why most would shun the swinging community as the wouldn’t understand it and why in Ireland it can not be main stream.

In saying that I have met some wonderful people in this lifestyle who don’t join the flock in their thinking and find it wonderfully refreshing and that is why I will remain in the lifestyle.

Happy New Year to you all. And may 2019 bring everything to you that you deserve.

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

I must have bought those female mirrors for my house

Maybe it’s because I’m short and that I’ve always been made fun that makes me more self conscious but I feel that both male and female mirrors are the same

Well if their husbands were not playing around maybe ladies would have more confidence in themselves

I think regardless of what your reflection tells you it's your state of mind that dictates how you feel about your self.

A while back I decided to stop covering up in changing rooms and let it all hang out, I was just sick of trying to struggle into clothes half damp after a shower holding the towel in my teeth... it was the best thing I ever did! I don’t have a stunning body, far from it but it is an amazing body, like all our bodies. Mine has gotten me to here with no major blips and has given me amazing children.

Equally I think Fab is a great place for reminding us that you don’t have to be a super model, male or female to be attractive

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Women examine their body better than men do, so find more "problems" to focus on. Problems men have but just have not noticed.

Most men would get a fright if they used a bright white light and a magnifying mirror on their face.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I let it all hang out in the changing rooms. Sure all I have is a body and a Willy. Nothing to be shy about

I think both sexes struggle with this...

Men can be harsh on each other but also on themselves just as women can be quick to put a male down.

Work on yourself for the right reason and don't let social media or gratification led your feelings or expectations

I love the mirrors in River island they make you look thinner

"I love the mirrors in River island they make you look thinner "

Let's get some snaps in there then haha

"I love the mirrors in River island they make you look thinner

Let's get some snaps in there then haha"

Think of better things to be doing in there

"I think both sexes struggle with this...

Men can be harsh on each other but also on themselves just as women can be quick to put a male down.

Work on yourself for the right reason and don't let social media or gratification led your feelings or expectations"

Absolutely agree! Ditch the mirror and focus on how you feel not how you look..Focusing on having a healthy body and being grateful for it and all your blessings improves self esteem and confidence. Looking outward instead of inward is the key I think

By *ildmovementMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I think both sexes struggle with this...

Work on yourself for the right reason and don't let social media or gratification led your feelings or expectations

Absolutely agree! Ditch the mirror and focus on how you feel not how you look..Focusing on having a healthy body and being grateful for it and all your blessings improves self esteem and confidence. Looking outward instead of inward is the key I think "

I think a lot of people struggle with looking within, could be due to better no afraid of what they would find and it’s easier to believe what people are saying and go with that. But I do agree the key is looking within

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I let it all hang out in the changing rooms. Sure all I have is a body and a Willy. Nothing to be shy about "

The whole changing room prudishness is an irish thing, you wouldn't find that one on the continent.

By *ack 188Man  over a year ago

Dublin 15

I use the wonderful magic mirror

Rathnew

This debate is shaping up to be a doozie,

Thanks to all the contributions folks.

» Add a new message to this topic