FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How far would you go

How far would you go

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Got a few people on here and not wanting me to go long distances to meet I don't drive and would have to get buses and shit I don't think I'm that desperate lol but got me thinking how far would I go for fun

So how far would you all go

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *avidc2019Man  over a year ago

dublin

If there’s was a connection and we have been talking a few weeks I’d travel anywhere time permitting of course

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

If I've already met someone (even just socially) and knew we had really sparked, distance has never been an issue. I've been happy to travel or have them travel. It's when you haven't met someone before that it becomes a bit of a gamble. It's awful when you travel or have someone travel based on some great conversations and what seems to be great chemistry just to find that the physical/sexual attraction isn't there.

The farthest I've travelled to meet someone? My last Fab meet... A wonderful weekend in Manchester with someone I'd met at a previous social. No regrets

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Awk sure Ireland's only small when you think about! I've happily driven to each province

In fact, I'd recommend it! There's no shortage of sights to pass by and visit wherever you go.

Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find me turning down a cuppa wherever it may be

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Anything more than an hours drive is too much for me

Well I was meeting a guy from Kerry a few times. He used to take three trains to get to Kildare to visit but he reckoned it was worth it. Plus I am a nice Mammy at heart I used to send him back on the train with a packed lunch and a flask of tea lol. I think it's why men love Milfs we look after you even if you are horny or hungry

"Got a few people on here and not wanting me to go long distances to meet I don't drive and would have to get buses and shit I don't think I'm that desperate lol but got me thinking how far would I go for fun

So how far would you all go"

I go all the way!

By *appyPandaMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

"If I've already met someone (even just socially) and knew we had really sparked, distance has never been an issue. I've been happy to travel or have them travel. It's when you haven't met someone before that it becomes a bit of a gamble. It's awful when you travel or have someone travel based on some great conversations and what seems to be great chemistry just to find that the physical/sexual attraction isn't there.

The farthest I've travelled to meet someone? My last Fab meet... A wonderful weekend in Manchester with someone I'd met at a previous social. No regrets "

What she said. Distance isn't really an issue if you already know you have great chemistry (well as long as it doesn't require flying half way across the globe (away with ye, flat earthers). For a first meet, I'd be willing to drive a few hours, and for anything after, even more.

Distance isn't an issue for me at all. Hop in the car. Go for a drive go for an adventure see what happens...life is for living.

"If I've already met someone (even just socially) and knew we had really sparked, distance has never been an issue. I've been happy to travel or have them travel. It's when you haven't met someone before that it becomes a bit of a gamble. It's awful when you travel or have someone travel based on some great conversations and what seems to be great chemistry just to find that the physical/sexual attraction isn't there."

This is the biggest fear, meet and than no chemistry or attraction. I gave chatted to one or two guys and thought was a definite spark to be told "no thanks, didn't think there was a spark".

Which for me I find hard as it takes me a while to open to a guy, I'm quite shy and even when I need, I sit there Wondering why is this guy here with me.

This came to mind because women messaged me first time today and asked me to come to Kerry for first meet I think a bit to far cause I don't drive really

I stay in Dublin and get them to come to me

All comes down to personal choice like some said u travel miles and no chemistry. Its the risk u take

"This came to mind because women messaged me first time today and asked me to come to Kerry for first meet I think a bit to far cause I don't drive really "

Is it a social meet or play meet? Ifs it's a play meet thought guys would come running.

"This came to mind because women messaged me first time today and asked me to come to Kerry for first meet I think a bit to far cause I don't drive really

Is it a social meet or play meet? Ifs it's a play meet thought guys would come running."

They'd definitely come running, especially without a car. Then when they eventually arrive, they'd be too bolloxed to do anything but sleep on the couch.

"This came to mind because women messaged me first time today and asked me to come to Kerry for first meet I think a bit to far cause I don't drive really

Is it a social meet or play meet? Ifs it's a play meet thought guys would come running.

They'd definitely come running, especially without a car. Then when they eventually arrive, they'd be too bolloxed to do anything but sleep on the couch. "

Lol

By *hoknows82Man  over a year ago

Nenagh / South Dublin

If you spend any time in the states or Australia, you'll really see how small Ireland is. I love driving in Ireland anyway so I think id take a trip anywhere to be honest!

What Pete said basically

By *gentleman44Man  over a year ago

dublin

"Got a few people on here and not wanting me to go long distances to meet I don't drive and would have to get buses and shit I don't think I'm that desperate lol but got me thinking how far would I go for fun I'd go north south east and west,have done for meets,socials,and meets and greets,ireland is a small place,and there's nothing like a road trip!

They'd definitely come running, especially without a car. Then when they eventually arrive, they'd be too bolloxed to do anything but sleep on the couch. "

Someone bussing it would be a big no for me anyway

"If I've already met someone (even just socially) and knew we had really sparked, distance has never been an issue. I've been happy to travel or have them travel. It's when you haven't met someone before that it becomes a bit of a gamble. It's awful when you travel or have someone travel based on some great conversations and what seems to be great chemistry just to find that the physical/sexual attraction isn't there.

This is the biggest fear, meet and than no chemistry or attraction. I gave chatted to one or two guys and thought was a definite spark to be told "no thanks, didn't think there was a spark".

Which for me I find hard as it takes me a while to open to a guy, I'm quite shy and even when I need, I sit there Wondering why is this guy here with me."

Same and then the whole guilt thing if they have travelled far for a social and nothing there. And feel like iv wasted their time.

If there was a connection, travel wouldn't be an issue. And no guarantees of anything for either person so would be okay either way. Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Most blokes would drive to the other side of Ireland if there was any chance of a shag!!!

I think for a first meet,if there's a fair distance involved you're always taking a chance, so treat it as a day out with no expectations!... No one should feel guilty if there's no spark, it's the nature of the beast!

Distance is never an issue with me If there is a bit of chemistry

I've actually never travelled to meet anyone. I always host them. But I'm considering travelling a fair distance for someone soon. I think when it gets to the point where you HAVE to have them, distance doesn't really matter.

"I've actually never travelled to meet anyone. I always host them. But I'm considering travelling a fair distance for someone soon. I think when it gets to the point where you HAVE to have them, distance doesn't really matter. "

Well unless they live in Australia and aren't willing to at least pay a little money for the ticket.

Is it a social meet or play meet? Ifs it's a play meet thought guys would come running."

it's guaranteed play but I don't drive and don't really have the funds to get buses

I am time constrained right now, so a social meet would have to be within an hour round trip. If we were going to play, we'd put a bit more effort in, halfway is fair, right?

"I've actually never travelled to meet anyone. I always host them. But I'm considering travelling a fair distance for someone soon. I think when it gets to the point where you HAVE to have them, distance doesn't really matter.

Well unless they live in Australia and aren't willing to at least pay a little money for the ticket. "

Haha shut up M! U know what I mean!!

Australia is meant to be nice this time of year

"I am time constrained right now, so a social meet would have to be within an hour round trip. If we were going to play, we'd put a bit more effort in, halfway is fair, right? "

If I arrange a social meet I would meet half way would never expect anytime to travel to meet me.

"I am time constrained right now, so a social meet would have to be within an hour round trip. If we were going to play, we'd put a bit more effort in, halfway is fair, right?

If I arrange a social meet I would meet half way would never expect anytime to travel to meet me.

"

We don't "expect" anyone to suit us, we suit ourselves and what others do is their choice.

If there’s a connection - to the moon and back

Distance isn’t an issue If there’s a connection I don’t have car and have travelled on buses and trains to go to meets and they have been worth it.

"I am time constrained right now, so a social meet would have to be within an hour round trip. If we were going to play, we'd put a bit more effort in, halfway is fair, right?

We don't "expect" anyone to suit us, we suit ourselves and what others do is their choice. "

Good for you. Wasn't trying to be smart sorry

We don't "expect" anyone to suit us, we suit ourselves and what others do is their choice.

Good for you. Wasn't trying to be smart sorry"

No need to apologise, was just clarifying

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

south side

Have passport, can travel. Its the adventure,really with no expectations.

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman  over a year ago

South Dublin

I only travel for social nights. When I had my car the furthest I went was just over an hours drive but that was for an overnight meet. I don’t have the time to travel too far

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

My travel is limited to 1 hr 30

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I wouldn't want anyone to travel too far because I feel it puts pressure on the meet.

Personally, I am a spoiled creature and for a first meet the furthest I'd go would be somewhere in my town or near my office

For someone I'd already met and I knew I liked, I'd definitely go further - but I prefer to host.

By *arcolemMan  over a year ago

Killarney

I prefer to host but would travel an hour for a meet. Have done so a few times.

"I wouldn't want anyone to travel too far because I feel it puts pressure on the meet.

Personally, I am a spoiled creature and for a first meet the furthest I'd go would be somewhere in my town or near my office

For someone I'd already met and I knew I liked, I'd definitely go further - but I prefer to host. "

Would suit me to meet closer to home but the amount of "single" guys won't meet for coffee in a coffee shop in case someone they know comes in, or they know the staff etc "they might think we are on a date "

Seriously so fucking what if they do. Let them mind their own business . Two adults having a coffee and a chat

By *ysteryman2009Man  over a year ago

Ireland

Distance is not a problem, I would travel to meet for a coffee or drink and see if their is a connection.If not then no harm done and if their is then some lovely fab fun.

Have been to m&g s in Cork, Waterford, Limerick, Belfast don’t mind traveling anywhere for the right reason.

By *verage Joe BlackMan  over a year ago

Border Area

"Got a few people on here and not wanting me to go long distances to meet I don't drive and would have to get buses and shit I don't think I'm that desperate lol but got me thinking how far would I go for fun

3700 miles. On a number of occasions

3700 miles. On a number of occasions "

Ha that’s cos you need to lol

Border Area

Ha that’s cos you need to lol "

You can imagine my disappointment if the person cancels last minute..!! Lol

You can imagine my disappointment if the person cancels last minute..!! Lol"

God I hope that never happened ha I promise to cancel before you get on flight

Border Area

You can imagine my disappointment if the person cancels last minute..!! Lol

God I hope that never happened ha I promise to cancel before you get on flight "

Girls like you are the salt of the earth...

By *itIrishCplCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

When mr was a single guy in the scene he drove from Dublin to Mayo for a meet and Dublin to Ballymena for another.

Really not into one off meets unless something about them doesn't hit the spot.

By any means I don't imply that every single person I do decide to meet - I'd want to make it regular. Two, three times a year is good enough.

Knowing how I always struggle to find appropriate time to meet anyone living next door, nevermind in a different town- I set a little rule of not travelling any further than 10 mins out of town which I do bend if someone is truly special.

Furthest I've travelled just for a meet - 2,5h. No regrets whatsoever.

"I wouldn't want anyone to travel too far because I feel it puts pressure on the meet.

For someone I'd already met and I knew I liked, I'd definitely go further - but I prefer to host.

Would suit me to meet closer to home but the amount of "single" guys won't meet for coffee in a coffee shop in case someone they know comes in, or they know the staff etc "they might think we are on a date "

Seriously so fucking what if they do. Let them mind their own business . Two adults having a coffee and a chat "

Most likely the truth is they're attached, since when does a single guy worry about being seen having coffee with a lady?

Travel isn't an issue, but if it's a long way I'll often include another reason in case things go Titanic.

By *ireannCplCouple  over a year ago

Suburbs

We've been know to jump on a flight from Cork to Belfast.. driven there also and have driven to Donegal also..lol

EireCpl xx

Seriously so fucking what if they do. Let them mind their own business . Two adults having a coffee and a chat

Most likely the truth is they're attached, since when does a single guy worry about being seen having coffee with a lady?"

yep I agree but they was one guy who reckoned he was too well known cause he and from a well to fo family

Most likely the truth is they're attached, since when does a single guy worry about being seen having coffee with a lady? yep I agree but they was one guy who reckoned he was too well known cause he and from a well to fo family"

So was he implying his family would think him too good for you by his acknowledgement or was the coffee shop beneath him?

Most likely the truth is they're attached, since when does a single guy worry about being seen having coffee with a lady? yep I agree but they was one guy who reckoned he was too well known cause he and from a well to fo family

So was he implying his family would think him too good for you by his acknowledgement or was the coffee shop beneath him? "

No that he'd be the talk of the Town as he such an eligibile bachelor, he than suggested Tesco car park, when I said no, he suggested inside Tesco, I replied where in the meat aisle? Was politely turned down and I received a tirade of abuse.

Most likely the truth is they're attached, since when does a single guy worry about being seen having coffee with a lady? yep I agree but they was one guy who reckoned he was too well known cause he and from a well to fo family

So was he implying his family would think him too good for you by his acknowledgement or was the coffee shop beneath him?

No that he'd be the talk of the Town as he such an eligibile bachelor, he than suggested Tesco car park, when I said no, he suggested inside Tesco, I replied where in the meat aisle? Was politely turned down and I received a tirade of abuse."

What century is this again?

I've been all over Ireland but the longer trips were events. Its a small country and we have good roads now. No excuses

By *ad IdeaMan  over a year ago

Limerick

4 hours driving one way ,few times.To meet right person distance is not an issue in my case.

Wouldn’t go too far. Too many times I’ve got to the approximate location, awaiting the final address to find I’ve been blocked and/or don’t reply to my messages. It’s a long drive up to Derry for that to happen.

No that he'd be the talk of the Town as he such an eligibile bachelor, he than suggested Tesco car park, when I said no, he suggested inside Tesco, I replied where in the meat aisle? Was politely turned down and I received a tirade of abuse."

Incompatible humour. His loss. Obviously thought too highly of his status too.

I would travel an hour or so for a coffee meet. More if the coffee meet was exceptional. Thats pretty rare though

"Well I was meeting a guy from Kerry a few times. He used to take three trains to get to Kildare to visit but he reckoned it was worth it. Plus I am a nice Mammy at heart I used to send him back on the train with a packed lunch and a flask of tea lol. I think it's why men love Milfs we look after you even if you are horny or hungry "

lol, f'n gobshite ,

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Distance dosent really bother me I'd always insist on half way its only fair on the flip side Carlow is a great place to visit just saying

"Distance dosent really bother me I'd always insist on half way its only fair on the flip side Carlow is a great place to visit just saying "
carlow is a great town and id travel anyday to see you naughty lolly mmmm x

Thing is am looking for someone to clean for be submissive. So need someone near that I can get to fast if needed

I've gone 150km each way before, it was worth it at the time but I regret it now

your imagination

Seriously so fucking what if they do. Let them mind their own business . Two adults having a coffee and a chat "

They're not single If someone can't be seen having coffee with a woman in a public place, more than likely they're attached or your local priest

your imagination

"I've gone 150km each way before, it was worth it at the time but I regret it now "

We live and learn

To be fair it doesn't take to long to get to any certain place in Ireland so distance really doesn't bother me, plus could always be a good excuse for a hotel break and to see some other sights.. That is if the meet doesn't take up all your time

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

I love my road trips.....so distant is not a problem

"I've gone 150km each way before, it was worth it at the time but I regret it now

We live and learn "

True although it was more the person rather than the distance over time they showed the true colours

Definitely learning alot while living

By *ogladyWoman  over a year ago

The bog

When I arrange a social meet I always suggest to meet half way that way if it doesn't work out we both have travelled the same distance

By *hSureFookItMan  over a year ago

Dublin/Drogheda

I have no problem traveling within reason but if it's very far I think meeting half way is a better option. I have travelled almost 2hours before but it was worth it, on the other hand I have travelled half an hour for my time to be wasted. If you meet the right person it doesn't really matter how far you go.

By *orny guy !Man  over a year ago

waterford / tipperary

Is it a social meet or play meet? Ifs it's a play meet thought guys would come running.it's guaranteed play but I don't drive and don't really have the funds to get buses "

Maybe they be coming to tramore for a weekend break. If the meet doesn’t work out , at least they can enjoy the beach view from a cafe or out for a walk

They're not single If someone can't be seen having coffee with a woman in a public place, more than likely they're attached or your local priest "

Serious paranoia either way, even attached people are allowed have coffee

your imagination

"When I arrange a social meet I always suggest to meet half way that way if it doesn't work out we both have travelled the same distance "

I used to try for that too where possible. More recently I preferred just to attend events and mingle with lots of interesting folk... Making a connection with someone you'd already met face to face sure made things easier and cut out the fantasists who claimed to be 10 years younger or 5 inches taller than they really are. You could then make plans with them already knowing that you weren't going to be disappointed

"When I arrange a social meet I always suggest to meet half way that way if it doesn't work out we both have travelled the same distance

I used to try for that too where possible. More recently I preferred just to attend events and mingle with lots of interesting folk... Making a connection with someone you'd already met face to face sure made things easier and cut out the fantasists who claimed to be 10 years younger or 5 inches taller than they really are. You could then make plans with them already knowing that you weren't going to be disappointed "

How many sky remotes make 6ft?

your imagination

They're not single If someone can't be seen having coffee with a woman in a public place, more than likely they're attached or your local priest

Serious paranoia either way, even attached people are allowed have coffee "

That's my thinking too.. I've married friends and ex colleagues I still meet up with to catch up over coffee now and then. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't, and no reason for anyone to assume that anyone I might be seen having coffee with is someone I'm sleeping with In fact the one person I am sleeping with is someone I'm only very very rarely and very briefly seen in public with... Because we've always preferred to make the most of whatever time we have together alone and away from other people

your imagination

"When I arrange a social meet I always suggest to meet half way that way if it doesn't work out we both have travelled the same distance

I used to try for that too where possible. More recently I preferred just to attend events and mingle with lots of interesting folk... Making a connection with someone you'd already met face to face sure made things easier and cut out the fantasists who claimed to be 10 years younger or 5 inches taller than they really are. You could then make plans with them already knowing that you weren't going to be disappointed

How many sky remotes make 6ft?"

I'm sure someone actually knows the answer to this

Imagine if Lego ever produced a sky remote piece?? They'd be sold out and appearing on profiles everywhere within minutes

How many sky remotes make 6ft?

I'm sure someone actually knows the answer to this

Imagine if Lego ever produced a sky remote piece?? They'd be sold out and appearing on profiles everywhere within minutes "

I have a half sized scale model currently in the patient stage with a standibg order from lovehoney

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

If your getting fun away from here and just use here for a bit of added extras you're not going to travel 2 far. There is no need to.

your imagination

"If your getting fun away from here and just use here for a bit of added extras you're not going to travel 2 far. There is no need to. "

I don't know that that holds true. I have a regular playmate for the past 3 years on and off. He is pretty much everything I could ask for in a fwb, and I don't feel the 'need' to meet anyone else, but sometimes I have, because sometimes I simply found someone appealing and it gave me an excuse for a little trip away. Off the top of my head, I've been as far as Dublin, Kildare and Manchester with other people in that time. If the connection and attraction is right, distance doesn't mean anything. In fact, if I didn't enjoy travelling, I wouldn't have met anyone else... I simply wouldn't have had the desire to meet someone conveniently local, as I'm not attracted to any of them. In fact most Wexford lads are long blocked because they just annoyed me by being pushy and pestering to meet, expected it in fact, just because I was local

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Girl from America came to me, girl from Czech republic and one from Italy, France and UK girl came too.

I have only gone as far as France to meet someone, but had planned to go further but flight got cancelled.

Thanks for all the responses was helpful decided not to go that far found a meet closer and then got stood up probably should of went to Kerry for the sure thing lol well I know now

When at home I tend to stick to people within a 45 min drive of Belfast. That covers quite a big area and is convinient enough to arrange more than a one-off if things click.

I'm also lucky that I get to travel quite a lot with work so that gives me freedom to arrange meets across the UK and Ireland.

» Add a new message to this topic