FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > I’m sorry but does anyone find

I’m sorry but does anyone find

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The s Word as offensive as I do? I’m not a slut!!!!! I’m a horny woman who’s husband gets a kick out of me meeting people! The s word “slut” disgusts me!!! Am I the only one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The s Word as offensive as I do? I’m not a slut!!!!! I’m a horny woman who’s husband gets a kick out of me meeting people! The s word “slut” disgusts me!!! Am I the only one? "

We find offense in words if we let them still I wouldn't use it as a compliment

"The s Word as offensive as I do? I’m not a slut!!!!! I’m a horny woman who’s husband gets a kick out of me meeting people! The s word “slut” disgusts me!!! Am I the only one? "

This is always a divisive one.

I wouldnt use it personally.

But some people find it a massive turn on.

Its like Daddy

Omg I would actually block someone because of it.

I find it so degrading

By *verage Joe BlackMan  over a year ago

Border Area

"Omg I would actually block someone because of it.

I find it so degrading "

So when does anyone (presumably guys) call you this..?

I find it so degrading "

It comes up daily on my local updates in usernames and status's.

So dont be too harsh in the lads that send it they probably just cant distingush who does and does not enjoy it and forget to use the not slut as default

It is, I'm respectful during intercourse, id grab the ass with both hands and treat it the the respect it deserves

I find it so degrading

So when does anyone (presumably guys) call you this..?"

In last nights verification lol defo won’t be displayed

Have to say it’s an instant block for me I can’t stand it.

Border Area

I find it so degrading

So when does anyone (presumably guys) call you this..?

In last nights verification lol defo won’t be displayed "

Ok.. i notice lots of ladies have preferences called out in their profile, so why not add a line to your profile text that makes that clear from the start?

Leaving aside guys never read profile text, it might at least catch one or two

Border Area

"Have to say it’s an instant block for me I can’t stand it. "

...now the poor guy you met last night who gave you the veri is reading this thread feeling like a total bollocks..!! Lol

He’ll make it up to you next time

Say it on your profile , cause ( I speak from my point of view ) , some women here consider it a compliment , others an insult so I avoid to use it unless I know where I stand .

But id say put on your profile it's a turn off for you

By *illium_cobblersMan  over a year ago

swords & Derby

We are a diverse population here one persons compliment is anothers insult unfortunately. Seems to few talk first to see what the rules of exchange are...

"Have to say it’s an instant block for me I can’t stand it.

...now the poor guy you met last night who gave you the veri is reading this thread feeling like a total bollocks..!! Lol

He’ll make it up to you next time"

Had it on last profile but defo adding it now again

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Some people have different words they like or dont.

I know a black girl and her white bf calls her the N word during sex.

Different strokes for different folks.

By *heilsWoman  over a year ago

Midlands

I have to say I find it very derogatory aswell... certainly not a compliment in my books!

Profile updated

Border Area

"Some people have different words they like or dont.

Different strokes for different folks."

Norma..? Why the hell would he call her Norma..??! Some people are into some kinky shit...

Have to say nothing worse than the sight of a girl having it written across her body and displayed proudly.

It's almost a slight on someones morality. Can't stand the word.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Norma..? Why the hell would he call her Norma..??! Some people are into some kinky shit..."

The mad thing is, she doesnt even like to be called Norma, its not even her name. But she lets him do it during sex.

Border Area

"Profile updated "

Yeah... think you may be assuming a little too much there with the sentence you put on. To put it nicely there is quite a range of male IQs on fab. You might actually have to use the full word or aome guys might think you mean “shit”... or “slapper”...

Just saying

Border Area

Norma..? Why the hell would he call her Norma..??! Some people are into some kinky shit...

The mad thing is, she doesnt even like to be called Norma, its not even her name. But she lets him do it during sex. "

"Profile updated

Yeah... think you may be assuming a little too much there with the sentence you put on. To put it nicely there is quite a range of male IQs on fab. You might actually have to use the full word or aome guys might think you mean “shit”... or “slapper”...

Just saying "

It’s normally 100% block but this was on a verification so what was a great meet now feels shite

Border Area

"Profile updated

Just saying

It’s normally 100% block but this was on a verification so what was a great meet now feels shite "

But sonyou actually feel that he meant it in a derogatory way..? Have you asked him or taken him tontask about it to get an explanation..? If you outline to him its a pet hate of yours he may be mortified, apologise and do up a new veri post-haste...

Definitely as others have said put it clearly in your profile op, then they will know your feelings and hopefully stop it happening again.

I personally don't mind it.... But not from everyone it is acceptable at times. There are other words that would annoy me more

Totally agree with you x

We both love the word

I really dislike being called a slut and find the word very demeaning.

Ahh,yes, it's true. I feel the same way about that word and I'm not sure why.it sounds REALLY. derogatory I think. Perhaps its maybe associated with prostitutes.

......actually,degrading is the word,not derogatory

By *arbiegirl19Woman  over a year ago

Hollymount

I hate the word slut...and to be called it when ur in the act is a real put off... It's so degrading personally.... But there is alot of women out there that wld get turned on by it been called to them...

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Proud slut here! I'm a great believer in reclaiming slurs, if you claim a word then it can't be used against you. I also think there's nothing wrong with being a slut - enjoying sex and having lots of it isn't anything to be ashamed of in my book.

That said, I totally understand that some people hate it and I get why. It's not a word you should use as a compliment unless you know for sure it will be taken as one.

Deleting my account.. I thought everyone was a slut here..

"Proud slut here! I'm a great believer in reclaiming slurs, if you claim a word then it can't be used against you. I also think there's nothing wrong with being a slut - enjoying sex and having lots of it isn't anything to be ashamed of in my book.

That said, I totally understand that some people hate it and I get why. It's not a word you should use as a compliment unless you know for sure it will be taken as one. "

By *xploreingMan  over a year ago

dublin

Words are part of sex... always good to know what the other partner enjoys

Agree

By *uckypuppy007Woman  over a year ago

dublin

"Proud slut here! I'm a great believer in reclaiming slurs, if you claim a word then it can't be used against you. I also think there's nothing wrong with being a slut - enjoying sex and having lots of it isn't anything to be ashamed of in my book.

That said, I totally understand that some people hate it and I get why. It's not a word you should use as a compliment unless you know for sure it will be taken as one. "

Funny though how bbw causes you offence? Horses and courses!!

Fyi men - serious horn block for me - slut whore bitch slapper ...

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

That said, I totally understand that some people hate it and I get why. It's not a word you should use as a compliment unless you know for sure it will be taken as one.

Funny though how bbw causes you offence? Horses and courses!!

Fyi men - serious horn block for me - slut whore bitch slapper ... "

It doesn't offend me, I just find it fetishising and patronising. I have no issue with being called big (though I prefer fat), it's the notion of having an entire separate category for BIG beautiful women, rather than just being included in the standard definition of beautiful.

I don't find being called a slut sexy in the least. But I don't find it remotely offensive. In my mind, a slut is a woman who unapologetically enjoys and expresses her sexuality. I get that lots of people find it offensive, but surely thats because they think being a slut is a bad thing? Maybe if you hate the word so much, it's because the idea of thst kind of woman doesn't sit well with you. Just some food for thought x

"I don't find being called a slut sexy in the least. But I don't find it remotely offensive. In my mind, a slut is a woman who unapologetically enjoys and expresses her sexuality. I get that lots of people find it offensive, but surely thats because they think being a slut is a bad thing? Maybe if you hate the word so much, it's because the idea of thst kind of woman doesn't sit well with you. Just some food for thought x "

Well put

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

I think the reason why people find the word slut offensive is because it is often intentionally used to offend. People use it as an insult out of anger, or jealousy, or to taunt and bait someone into a reaction, much like calling someone a cunt. But in a different context the same words can be used in affectionate, teasing banter between friends ("Oh you're such a slut/cunt"), or even in d/s roleplay ("you're my little slut").

The insult and offense is in the intent, not the word.

Just did a very unscientific survey. Of 50 new female profiles 2 have the word slut in their title.

So for some it's obviously a turn on.

It comes down to respect. If someone says, does or suggests something that you don't like it means they aren't paying attention to your interests.

If they persist having been told you don't like it, they deserve getting kicked out of your life.

Beyond that. The phrase " don't mock me because my kink isn't your kink" seems apt.

Fare enough you dont like the S word but I think youve made a big deal out of it. Its in your profile now so thats good. Theres worse things in verifications.

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

I’m not a fan of any of the derogatory name calling but I’m also not a big fan of pet names either. Both make me cringe slightly. But I wouldn’t be offended by any of it. Like someone said earlier. It’s more about the intent behind how someone says it to you.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Didn't read the entire post but yeah, I hate sugar!

Very sad the OP has had a good experience turned sour, you'd think after checking each other out and having a meet you'd get a sense of the language the person dislikes and er on the side of politeness.

However, the word slut itself should be reclaimed by women. It was used in the middle ages for a woman who owned herself, wasn't married and the chattel of a man. Hence it became derogatory and used by mysoginists.

Take it back sluts! (OP not included in that )

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Anyone called me that I'd slap them, why would anyone want to associate themselves with that word is beyond me....

Lucan

"Anyone called me that I'd slap them, why would anyone want to associate themselves with that word is beyond me.... "

Mmmmmm, promises, promises

"Fare enough you dont like the S word but I think youve made a big deal out of it. Its in your profile now so thats good. Theres worse things in verifications."

In my verification? Likewhat

"Anyone called me that I'd slap them, why would anyone want to associate themselves with that word is beyond me.... "

I am perfectly happy to be associated with a word that describes sexually free women because I am one. It's only negative if u choose to make it. I'd find it faaaaaaaaaar more offensive to be called a prude!

I wouldn't use it unless invited to and, I don't think I ever have been. I certainly wouldn't describe anyone as one without knowing they were ok.

I'm a slut though, or was I suppose, amoral, uninhibited, sex for sex sake, that kind of thing.

That said it's a word that has female associations rather than male, you might see "he's a male slut" as if it has to be pointed out that the word is more usually linked to female behaviour.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I think the OP has every right to be annoyed. Me personally wouldn't be phased at all. I think it's the context it came in. Spending time with a person and thinking you've got a sense of them ,for them to call you a slut in a verie is a bit of a shocker. You seem like a strong woman OP I'm sure you're already passed it.

I totally agree that it shouldn't be used to describe a person unless you've heard them describe themselves that way. Just like the word fat. It still hurts a lot of people, so you have to be considerate about using it.

But I have to say it amazes me to see so many women on a casual sex site be so offended at the idea of being called a slut.

A slut isn't immoral. She's not a disgrace. She's not any less deserving of respect. She's not anything to be ashamed of. She's not a bad mother. She's just a woman who enjoys sex the way men do. Without shame.

What the fuck is the problem with that? Honestly... you'd swear this was a forum on Irish Catolic .com....

middle of nowhere

"I totally agree that it shouldn't be used to describe a person unless you've heard them describe themselves that way. Just like the word fat. It still hurts a lot of people, so you have to be considerate about using it.

But I have to say it amazes me to see so many women on a casual sex site be so offended at the idea of being called a slut.

A slut isn't immoral. She's not a disgrace. She's not any less deserving of respect. She's not anything to be ashamed of. She's not a bad mother. She's just a woman who enjoys sex the way men do. Without shame.

What the fuck is the problem with that? Honestly... you'd swear this was a forum on Irish Catolic .com.... "

What she said.

God bless ya.

"

you'd swear this was a forum on Irish Catolic .com.... "

Well, in a sense it is. Most people on this site are reacting against and working through centuries of shite foisted on them by various self-appointed moral institutions.

"

you'd swear this was a forum on Irish Catolic .com....

Well, in a sense it is. Most people on this site are reacting against and working through centuries of shite foisted on them by various self-appointed moral institutions. "

Of course, we're all products of our environment and finding your way through centuries of residual Catholic guilt takes time. But ffs girls. You're on fab. Might be time to start embracing your sexuality and ditching all of the bullshit morality woes. I for one plan on spending the rest of my days living the slut life proudly.

"Fare enough you dont like the S word but I think youve made a big deal out of it. Its in your profile now so thats good. Theres worse things in verifications.

In my verification? Likewhat "

I never said it was your verification. Your way over sensitive. I meant lots of them.

If someone I didn't know called me a slut, yes I would be offended

But used in a playful kinky fuckery then by someone who knows me well, then no it doesn't offend

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

a lot of women put themselves down bye calling themselves sluts . I would never treat a lady as a slut yes a nice sexy lady yes .

"a lot of women put themselves down bye calling themselves sluts . I would never treat a lady as a slut yes a nice sexy lady yes . "

What do you mean put themselves down? Mother of God. There's nothing wrong with being a slut. A slut is just a woman who isn't ashamed of her sexuality or ashamed of how she expresses it.

I'm amazed to be reading this kind of thing on fab. Should we all start pretending we don't masturbate too? Lest we put ourselves down?

Jesus wept.

I also hate this idea of the gentleman who would never treat a woman like a slut. Ffs. Not acknowledging a woman's right to express her sexuality isn't chivalrous. It's prehistoric.

Sluts should be treated like sluts (slut meaning a sexually free woman). That includes giving them the sex they want, taking their sexual pleasure seriously, not judging them or shaming them for their sexuality or their sexual history, but also being extremely respectful of them as you would any other woman (or man) on earth.

There isn't a different standard here. And if you think there is, you are not a gentleman. You're a misogynist.

"a lot of women put themselves down bye calling themselves sluts . I would never treat a lady as a slut yes a nice sexy lady yes .

What do you mean put themselves down? Mother of God. There's nothing wrong with being a slut. A slut is just a woman who isn't ashamed of her sexuality or ashamed of how she expresses it.

I'm amazed to be reading this kind of thing on fab. Should we all start pretending we don't masturbate too? Lest we put ourselves down?

Jesus wept. "

Amen sister.

While we're on that theme

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and Mother of all the saints I do like sbellex's expletives, and attitude. Dead right. As said earlier, original meaning of slut was a woman who wasn't wife and chattel of a man. Own it girls.

No I’m sorry around here a slut was a local bike who would get up on anyone and had no standards. It was always ment as an insult!!!!

So I’m sorry if I find it insulting!

Lucan

"No I’m sorry around here a slut was a local bike who would get up on anyone and had no standards. It was always ment as an insult!!!!

So I’m sorry if I find it insulting! "

She sounds like my kinda gal if I'm honest

"No I’m sorry around here a slut was a local bike who would get up on anyone and had no standards. It was always ment as an insult!!!!

She sounds like my kinda gal if I'm honest "

Shut up you we all know your a gent

Lucan

Shut up you we all know your a gent "

I'm trying hard to dispel that myth but it's not working

"a local bike who would get up on anyone and had no standards. "

I think it's a local bike that anyone could get up on but anyhoo... now you're referring to sexually free women in objectifying derogatory terms so maybe cut a bit of slack for people who bandy the word slut around?

"a local bike who would get up on anyone and had no standards.

I think it's a local bike that anyone could get up on but anyhoo... now you're referring to sexually free women in objectifying derogatory terms so maybe cut a bit of slack for people who bandy the word slut around? "

middle of nowhere

I'm trying hard to dispel that myth but it's not working "

You're a manslut Michael.

Lucan

I'm trying hard to dispel that myth but it's not working

You're a manslut Michael. "

Woohooo! Recognition at last!

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

Couldn't give a toss about slut cunt bitch wanker whore gobshite or any other words that have zero power over my physical or mental being.

"The s Word as offensive as I do? I’m not a slut!!!!! I’m a horny woman who’s husband gets a kick out of me meeting people! The s word “slut” disgusts me!!! Am I the only one?

Couldn't give a toss about slut cunt bitch wanker whore gobshite or any other words that have zero power over my physical or mental being. "

"The s Word as offensive as I do? I’m not a slut!!!!! I’m a horny woman who’s husband gets a kick out of me meeting people! The s word “slut” disgusts me!!! Am I the only one?

This is always a divisive one.

I wouldnt use it personally.

But some people find it a massive turn on.

Its like Daddy"

Nail on the head

By *ildone300Woman  over a year ago

Big island

Yessss it really irritates me when a guy calls me a slut, I'm sorry but calling me that isn't gonna turn me on by thinking I'll want you or give me the impression your unreal in bed a little respect and politeness goes a loooonngggg way

Is slut or = to slag? I know which one i'd rather be called... slut can be sexy but slag is pretty bad IMO... what about tramp or spunk bucket?....not that i would use these terms...unless i back a losing horse with a female jockey onboard obviously

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Would never use it in a derogatory sense, but know plenty of women who enjoy the term in a talking dirty context. I guess as with many words it is how and when a word is used that determines whether it is offensive or not.

"Yessss it really irritates me when a guy calls me a slut, I'm sorry but calling me that isn't gonna turn me on by thinking I'll want you or give me the impression your unreal in bed a little respect and politeness goes a loooonngggg way "

personally I do not like the term "slut" but some women & men do seem to enjoy using the term, it's not for me but I wont judge on people's preferences as to how they describe themselves

Slut, Slag, Slapper are words I would not be comfortable using referring to women. Why do guys give these names to women just because they may have the same sexual appetite as men! What does this make us men??

"Slut, Slag, Slapper are words I would not be comfortable using referring to women. Why do guys give these names to women just because they may have the same sexual appetite as men! What does this make us men?? "

By *ockhard and SweetcheeksCouple  over a year ago

City

[Removed by poster at 27/02/19 20:39:07]

By *ockhard and SweetcheeksCouple  over a year ago

City

Ah shur the poor fella, surely u could have said it to him first rather then putting it up on a forum for everyone to see!!!

I'm sure he could have re written the verification!!

Theres worse words out there then that though but each to their own I guess!!!

"Slut, Slag, Slapper are words I would not be comfortable using referring to women. Why do guys give these names to women just because they may have the same sexual appetite as men! What does this make us men?? "

Fair play, man of the day. Using demeaning terms demeans the person saying it.

There is a case for women reclaiming the word slut in a positive sense as stated earlier in the thread but when it comes down to the OP's initial hurt at the use of the term I'm right with her on that.

"Ah shur the poor fella, surely u could have said it to him first rather then putting it up on a forum for everyone to see!!!

I'm sure he could have re written the verification!!

Theres worse words out there then that though but each to their own I guess!!!

"

I had said it to him before posting here and he understood but I thought I might be allowed some free speech and to see what others thought. It’s not about the meet it’s about being called that word !!!

I am a proud slut in the right company. And when I called a slut it has always been as a compliment, a gent respecting my sexuality, and sensuality. I have never have been called it in a derogatory manner. As some have suggested, it is the intent that the word is used. Lilred

"I am a proud slut in the right company. And when I called a slut it has always been as a compliment, a gent respecting my sexuality, and sensuality. I have never have been called it in a derogatory manner. As some have suggested, it is the intent that the word is used. Lilred "

Unfortunately I have when once a family member found out what myself and hubby do for fun.

"I am a proud slut in the right company. And when I called a slut it has always been as a compliment, a gent respecting my sexuality, and sensuality. I have never have been called it in a derogatory manner. As some have suggested, it is the intent that the word is used. Lilred

Unfortunately I have when once a family member found out what myself and hubby do for fun. "

That them using it as a put down. Like many who don't understand swinging or possibly even jealous. Not nice to be on receiving end of that. Let the haters hate...and good to see it not stopping you have fun. Lilred

Alexandra thanks for starting this forum topic, from the replies there are many think like you & may have been afraid to say so.

a good open conversation, if only all topics being discussed could go like thst

"Alexandra thanks for starting this forum topic, from the replies there are many think like you & may have been afraid to say so.

a good open conversation, if only all topics being discussed could go like thst"

Thanks for understanding

Met you before and you are far from one. You are classy

Met you before and you are far from one. You are classy"

Aww thanks x

Comments from strangers shouldn’t affect us

Besides, someone is called a slut because they won’t ride that person..... ??

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Some find vulgar and derogatory language kinky. Doesn't do anything for me, quite contrary. Anyhow what I want to say is, I'm pretty sure your last meet meant it in a kinky way, certainly not to insult you. However you could argue after meeting yourself in person he should have known better without even being told. Then again men are only human...

I think if it's used in a private context in the heat of the moment then it's kinky but only for special occasions!

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

The word is used mostly to give offense, mainly to downgrade a woman I've heard it so many times ohh shes a right slut dont go near her or shes a slut that would go with anyone... not said in any nice way so for me i dont like the word dont like to be associated with the word. I font like the c u next Tuesday word either .... I'm no prude far from it I just know what words I find offencive or not and it's my opinion if others like it that's there choice like I have mine not too .

By *arkseductionMan  over a year ago

Drogheda

well said

Would the women on here see any distinction between being called a slut, which def sounds derogatory to me, and "acting a little slutty" which is just a dirty talk description possibly quite apt for swinging fun?

During particularly horny non vanilla sex, “slut” gets bandied about by both me and whoever is at the end of my cock at the time . She wants to be called a slut and I’m happy to tell her she’s a cock slut. That’s a bit different to just labelling or calling a woman a slut which I wouldn’t agree with.

» Add a new message to this topic