FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Is it normal....

Is it normal....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oghunter33 OP   Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

...that you've to see your gp first if you want to do a sti test in your regular gp clinic rather than going straight to the nurse who takes the samples?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes that’s what I suffer every time but my gp is a women and I’ve already embarrassed myself by explaining I was swinging.

" ...that you've to see your gp first if you want to do a sti test in your regular gp clinic rather than going straight to the nurse who takes the samples? "

Theres a place in smithfield where you can just book in for sti checks... very good and very quick

By *sexybitchWoman  over a year ago

north dublin

Is all a money scum even to get your pill if u are over 18 and doctors already told u what pill is good for u why dont u just go to farmacy i so hate it

In my GP clinic it's the doctor who takes the samples.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

We have a ladies clinic on a Wednesday so I just book in with them

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

In my clinic it’s the gp that takes the samples not the nurse. Thankfully my gp is a very open minded female.

on the hill NordWest of

It's just ridiculous if you ask me, like they wouldn't want to make it easy.

The free clinics are good but have often rather inconvenient opening hours or you have to hang around waiting.

So I thought I go with my gp clinic and just book an appointment with the nurse to get the tests done. Not possible, gp first only to be referred to the nurse for the samples which of course needs another appointment. I'm not sick, I don't need to see a gp. Just simple sti check up. Ffs I have better things to do than driving twice to my gp clinic to get it done.

So back to the free clinic, at least I only have to call in once.

Rant over...

Charter medical is the one I was talking about, its not a free clinic and I think a full screening is about €120. They also do late evening screenings a couple of days a week. Also special rates for couples and students. Works best for me

By *squaredCouple  over a year ago

Dublin/westmeath/kildare

Few places around o connell st dublin where u can go with gp.

Ifpc do them & u book slot.

They call me with results so dont have 2 go back in again.

Heard also of good place abbey street again no gp required.

I would imagine the doctor sees you for a general sexual health check up though? No? Which perhaps the nurse is not qualified to do?

In respect of the pill this is serious medication with potentially fatal side effects (deep vein thrombosis) so the doctor will want to check you every so often I would imagine in case your circumstances change which might mean the type of pill may need to change too?

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I found out my Doctor in Dundrum who I havent been to in like 25 years, makes most of his money from std testing, and yes you have to see him before the test.

Mu GP does the testing...

He is pretty cool about it though.

Does it say something that my default expectation would be him judging me

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

I don't know about individual practices, but my local one doesn't let anyone see the nurse without speaking to their doctor first. My doc knows I'm a swinger and aside from a little understandable curiosity, she takes it all in her stride... No judgement.

"Mu GP does the testing...

Does it say something that my default expectation would be him judging me"

Yes, interesting isn't it,perhaps not all swingers are open-minded and not all doctors are judgemental fuddy-duddies

"I don't know about individual practices, but my local one doesn't let anyone see the nurse without speaking to their doctor first. My doc knows I'm a swinger and aside from a little understandable curiosity, she takes it all in her stride... No judgement. "

I've never had anything but a professional yet approachable attitude from my GP,no matter what the situation. I think quite often our perception of being judged lies in us not entirely being able to square our own behaviour with the image we like to have of ourselves.

As the person with overall responsibility for patient care in a practice,I would expect the doctor to want to see the patient and assess for themselves what is required in terms of both testing and treatment

By *avidc2019Man  over a year ago

dublin

There’s a clinic in st James hospital that does free sti checks 2 days a week walk in it’s on there website or charter medical Centre

Shay Keating Harold’s Cross Surgery.... does mainly std checks.... he is very good €120 ye would be in and out in 20 minutes everything checked. No BS very down to earth..... when i said I was swinging... he said he wasn't a priest hearing confessions ....lol ...made me laugh ..broke the ice and i have been comfortable going back since

By *oseredWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

You can book a full STI check in family planning clincs all in one sitting and results via phone. As regard judging, there is no obligation to disclose anything more than you are sexually active and being careful.

"Mu GP does the testing...

Does it say something that my default expectation would be him judging me

Yes, interesting isn't it,perhaps not all swingers are open-minded and not all doctors are judgemental fuddy-duddies "

I never claimed to be anything but simple minded

on the hill NordWest of

"I don't know about individual practices, but my local one doesn't let anyone see the nurse without speaking to their doctor first. My doc knows I'm a swinger and aside from a little understandable curiosity, she takes it all in her stride... No judgement.

I've never had anything but a professional yet approachable attitude from my GP,no matter what the situation. I think quite often our perception of being judged lies in us not entirely being able to square our own behaviour with the image we like to have of ourselves. "

As usual I couldn't be arsed what the gp thinks of me or my sex life. I've absolutely no issues in this regard.

But lets say you do sti tests three times a year, quarterly or even just every half a year surely I don't need a overall health check every time. So a simple test does the job without seeing a gp. The free clinics do serve for that but imo you should be able to do so in clinics all over the country.

on the hill NordWest of

Anyhow thanks for all the tips, will do some more research.

"I don't know about individual practices, but my local one doesn't let anyone see the nurse without speaking to their doctor first. My doc knows I'm a swinger and aside from a little understandable curiosity, she takes it all in her stride... No judgement.

I've never had anything but a professional yet approachable attitude from my GP,no matter what the situation. I think quite often our perception of being judged lies in us not entirely being able to square our own behaviour with the image we like to have of ourselves.

As usual I couldn't be arsed what the gp thinks of me or my sex life. I've absolutely no issues in this regard.

But lets say you do sti tests three times a year, quarterly or even just every half a year surely I don't need a overall health check every time. So a simple test does the job without seeing a gp. The free clinics do serve for that but imo you should be able to do so in clinics all over the country.

"

There are online test kits available,why not use those if convenience is the issue?

on the hill NordWest of

There are online test kits available,why not use those if convenience is the issue?"

I don't trust those internet test kits but I have second look at them.

By *irishladMan  over a year ago

Malahide

I’ve used Charter Medical and they text the results of all clear. Thankfully I’ve never had to get any other result so I don’t know how they’d handle that. Also if cost is a concern keep an eye out on Groupon they regularly have offers of 50% off. Not sure which clinic they are for though.

St James's do free std clinics as well. But you would need a day off to attend as you could be waiting hours .... better off paying a few quid imo

» Add a new message to this topic