FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > NOT WORTH WATCHING

NOT WORTH WATCHING

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has the GAA destroyed the game of football by building Dublin into an unbeatable team.I don't blame Dublin for what they have become which in all but name is a professional team.If the GAA spread the money a little more evenly maybe we might actually have something worth supporting.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's fucked for the foreseeable future alright. Starting to distribute funds on an equitable basis won't solve the mess either although it might slow down the growth of the gulf in class.

"It's fucked for the foreseeable future alright. Starting to distribute funds on an equitable basis won't solve the mess either although it might slow down the growth of the gulf in class. "
Maybe if they had distributed the funding a little more evenly to begin with this gulf would not have happened.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

But how do the redistribute funds

Per capitia goes to dublin

Per team goes to dublin

I think they have to look at the system where 23 guys repesent nearly 50% of the population and break up dublin in to three or four areas bring the ratio to near thst of a regional county

But thats just me

By *crumtasticMan  over a year ago

D14

In relation to the funding you could potentially group it into one big pot then split it up so every county gets a cut inversely proportional to how they finished the previous years championship/league. I.e AI winner gets the least and those that get knocked out first round gets the most in order to try help bridge the gap. Something along those lines...

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

well i think the gaa put the funds all around . you only have to go to some small town and they have a big stadium ..

It's what was being looked at 20 years ago as the population imbalance was being considered a threat to the future of the gaa. Instead of going down that path they went ahead and created a golem instead. Now there is no future unless the 5th province is created.

To be fair if you drive into Carlow you see a welcome to Carlow sign, same in meath but when entering Dublin you are welcomed to Fingal or South Dublin. Them counties have been in existence a very long time now without getting a proper representation from the Gaa.

limerick

"well i think the gaa put the funds all around . you only have to go to some small town and they have a big stadium .."

Haha mostly likely funded by club fundraising and lotto money

D14

The issue that would arise from splitting Dublin up is that would anyone identify with finglas or south Dublin etc.?

"well i think the gaa put the funds all around . you only have to go to some small town and they have a big stadium .."
It wasn't the GAA that give the money to build them.

"The issue that would arise from splitting Dublin up is that would anyone identify with finglas or south Dublin etc.?"

It would be problematic for sure. I'd reboot the railway cup so their would still be a Dublin team.

limerick

"The issue that would arise from splitting Dublin up is that would anyone identify with finglas or south Dublin etc.?"

Most probally do already they live and vote in those area's

"The issue that would arise from splitting Dublin up is that would anyone identify with finglas or south Dublin etc.?

It would be problematic for sure. I'd reboot the railway cup so their would still be a Dublin team. "

I don't Dublin should be split.The Gaa made this mess they should sort it out.

"The issue that would arise from splitting Dublin up is that would anyone identify with finglas or south Dublin etc.?

It would be problematic for sure. I'd reboot the railway cup so their would still be a Dublin team. I don't think Dublin should be split.The Gaa made this mess they should sort it out."

D14

I’d be against it as well. Not beyond all realms of possibility that the four teams could end up in the semi finals

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Nobody was shouting about splitting Dublin into 3 teams .pre 2011 .when laois westmeath .lips are Meath. We're all beating them in Leinster. And kerry armagh Tyrone if they happen to win Leinster.

No one was asking for Kerry in football Kilkenny in hurling to be split up .

Do you not think it's about time all the wingers get their act together and first support your county's financially by going and paying .and maybe then they can put some structures in place to bring your young players along ....where do you think the likes of Tyrone and monaghan get their money to build their centre of excellence grounds .from the centra6 council .and where do they get the bulk of their money .from the thousands and thousands of Dublin supporters who travel up and down the country .outnumbering the home support 10 to 1 ....get out and do something for your county and don't be so jealous of others who do

Up the drive for five

limerick

"Nobody was shouting about splitting Dublin into 3 teams .pre 2011 .when laois westmeath .lips are Meath. We're all beating them in Leinster. And kerry armagh Tyrone if they happen to win Leinster.

Do you not think it's about time all the wingers get their act together and first support your county's financially by going and paying .and maybe then they can put some structures in place to bring your young players along ....where do you think the likes of Tyrone and monaghan get their money to build their centre of excellence grounds .from the centra6 council .and where do they get the bulk of their money .from the thousands and thousands of Dublin supporters who travel up and down the country .outnumbering the home support 10 to 1 ....get out and do something for your county and don't be so jealous of others who do

Up the drive for five "

Ur right nobody was but then the money wasn't being plied into the structuors within dublin, since then a noticable imblance has devoloped on the amount invested per capitia which dublin is now reaping rewards

"Nobody was shouting about splitting Dublin into 3 teams .pre 2011 .when laois westmeath .lips are Meath. We're all beating them in Leinster. And kerry armagh Tyrone if they happen to win Leinster.

Up the drive for five "

But don't you think Dublin get much more funding than all the other teams put together.They also play all these games at home so no travelling also probably all work in Dublin no travelling for training.They have more trainers and backroom staff than a premier league team. So in my opinion they are professional players.As for getting out and supporting your county we all do it and we don't get to play all our matches in our back garden.

skerries

And ? ...Dublin county board got their act together .got a descent manager in place .....now im .sure there has to be guys . in other counties with a half descent football brain .Dublin didn't win any of their matches by much .it was decisions from the line that mattered in a couple of them .if Dublin for some reason wasn't there we would have to look at the crap we saw from Donegal on Saturday .Tyrone at least tried to play something that resembled Gaelic football ....and Dublin have the same amount of players on the field as anyone else.

Up the drive for five "

Do you not think if the likes of Kerry got the same funds as Dublin they would be right up there challenging them for sam.

skerries

Kerry are .were always up there fighting for sam ..thats one county you never hear whinging ...they get on with it ...

skerries

Kerry have plenty of money .you go to any club game in kerry and see the supporter.. get out and support your clubs and county .and spend less on Liverpool and Manchester United/city .jerseys

Its not Dublins fault they are that good a team.

How many chances did Mayo have to win the All Ireland again?

How many times did they loose their balls and screw it up?

"Its not Dublins fault they are that good a team.

"

No it's not Dublins fault they get all the funding to become professional players it's the GAA.

"

Nobody said it was Dublin's fault and they are not a good team, they are clearly the greatest team in the history of the Gaa and still getting better and younger every year.

The problem is that it is not healthy for a sport that one team has so many natural and unnatural advantages.

By the way that Mayo team never lacked bottle and are also arguably the best team ever not to win an all ireland.

"It's fucked for the foreseeable future alright. Starting to distribute funds on an equitable basis won't solve the mess either although it might slow down the growth of the gulf in class. Maybe if they had distributed the funding a little more evenly to begin with this gulf would not have happened. "

Dublin needs to be divided, only way to level the playing field

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman  over a year ago

Bangor

And it's this attitude that is causing the mess. Even outside of short term 2-5 year fix but problem goes alot further. My friend is married to the 1 (one) full time gaa hurling coach for primary schools, in ulster

One coach for 9 counties! He gets to each primary. School for 2 hours every 12 months. And what Benefit is that? There were 23/24 in dubln alone he told me

Splitting Dublin won't make a difference as there are only 5 or 6 teams (na fianna, ballymun, crokes, cuala off Top of my Head) and most would either move. Clubs or clubs amalgate to get round it.

"And it's this attitude that is causing the mess. Even outside of short term 2-5 year fix but problem goes alot further. My friend is married to the 1 (one) full time gaa hurling coach for primary schools, in ulster

One coach for 9 counties! He gets to each primary. School for 2 hours every 12 months. And what Benefit is that? There were 23/24 in dubln alone he told me

Splitting Dublin won't make a difference as there are only 5 or 6 teams (na fianna, ballymun, crokes, cuala off Top of my Head) and most would either move. Clubs or clubs amalgate to get round it.

"

There are 32 clubs in the Dublin senior football championship alone and the standard is very high throughout even if plenty of clubs would be short of household names.

I did make an attempt at mapping out what clubs go in which of the 4 Dublin counties and it is not straightforward but there would be a decent enough balance with the super clubs generally being well split up from each other.

Why even bother playing football when we have hurling! Seriously there is no comparison the game is far better, both to play and watch. It baffles me why there as so many teams in football compared to hurling, why is that actually when football is clearly the inferior sport. P. S. Yes I am a tipperary man

skerries

See you are from kildare .maybe you should be looking at the geography of your own county .and try and get that sorted .you'd can't even ..get a descent stadium in Newbridge ..I suppose that's Jim Gavins fault

Hurling snob

Kildare minors are going fairly well though, beat offaly at the weekend. As ever though they will be treated as third class citizens when they get to senior leveland fall away. An example would be winning the Christy Ring a couple of years back and were forced to play antrim 6 days later to gain promotion. Played something like 6 games in 7 weeks.

skerries

Bangor girl is right

There are dozens of football teams in fingal ..the fastest growing area in the country .and not one of them have a regular player on the Dublin team .swords balbriggan skerries malahide portmarnock and the rural towns and villages ....close on 80.000 population and only Darren Daly. Gets the odd game ...so it's not all about population .....it's about healed work

"Hurling snob

Kildare minors are going fairly well though, beat offaly at the weekend. As ever though they will be treated as third class citizens when they get to senior leveland fall away. An example would be winning the Christy Ring a couple of years back and were forced to play antrim 6 days later to gain promotion. Played something like 6 games in 7 weeks. "

Not snobby at all, on the contrary, this is what I love to here, pity GAA don't organise it better for these counties, is it that football counties or GAA have less consideration for hurling so there schedules are awful. Would love it if all 32 counties plus Newyork etc... Were all as competitive as each other and not just munster, kk and galway

Less tiers, more respect and more aid to weaker counties would be a start. Another disgrace this year occurred in the Lory Meagher Cup where Leitrim played away to Lancashire, there was no neutral linesmen or umpires for the game. That is what the gaa thinks of the lower tiers.

"See you are from kildare .maybe you should be looking at the geography of your own county .and try and get that sorted .you'd can't even ..get a descent stadium in Newbridge ..I suppose that's Jim Gavins fault "
Maybe if the GAA didn't spend so much on the Dubs there might be more money to go round on other counties like kildare.

Nobody said it was Dublin's fault and they are not a good team, they are clearly the greatest team in the history of the Gaa and still getting better and younger every year.

The problem is that it is not healthy for a sport that one team has so many natural and unnatural advantages.

By the way that Mayo team never lacked bottle and are also arguably the best team ever not to win an all ireland. "

Maybe the other counties need to up their game then.

Completely agree that there is a lack of respect for weaker clubs, but why do counties play football over hurling? I'm not trying to be smart or snobby but how do ppl find it a better game?

"Less tiers, more respect and more aid to weaker counties would be a start. Another disgrace this year occurred in the Lory Meagher Cup where Leitrim played away to Lancashire, there was no neutral linesmen or umpires for the game. That is what the gaa thinks of the lower tiers. "
But sure Leitrim and other small counties don't matter because they can't bring in enough money for the fat cats in the GAA.

It's an easier game to master than hurling and despite all the negativity that surrounds football it is still a superior sport than many others. I struggle to see the appeal in egg chasing myself but eaches own and all that.

Egg chasing lol, if that's how ya see it, an old saying, football is a game for lads who can't hurl. A lot more skill and courage needed to play than the big ball game.

skerries

Kildare have a massive population. And knowing the way it's county board run and organise things .I in house fighting etc etc .if they won the Euro millions they still wouldn't win an all Ireland. Not a football manager in the county

Newbridge or nowhere ..lol

Egg chasing isn't referring to hurling

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman  over a year ago

Bangor

"Less tiers, more respect and more aid to weaker counties would be a start. Another disgrace this year occurred in the Lory Meagher Cup where Leitrim played away to Lancashire, there was no neutral linesmen or umpires for the game. That is what the gaa thinks of the lower tiers. "

I see your point and totally agree with you but.. As an "amateur" sport I'm sure referees barely get travel expenses (I'm open to correction) so it might be hard to get a referee and linesmen to travel? Pro 14 Rugby only got neutral officials in last few years. Was always host country who provided touch judges. Also as well

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Its the culshies fault they should be stopped moving to Dublin. Its their children who making the Gaa team stronger....

"Its the culshies fault they should be stopped moving to Dublin. Its their children who making the Gaa team stronger.... "
now now you leave the culshies alone

skerries

Cork v Kerry . Munster final

Attendance 16000....that's what's wrong with funding .they won't go out and support your counties..

skerries

Kerry should be devided .winning to many Munster champions

Up the drive for five "

..hello my friend...just on your point regards where Tyrone etc get their funds from ..what you may not know is that because Tyrone are one of the six counties in Northern Ireland they also get a sizable purse from sports funding and grants from the English Government....and yes l do agree with you about the Dubs fan support... in my opinion it is on par with with any English professional club..if not even more so...

"Egg chasing lol, if that's how ya see it, an old saying, football is a game for lads who can't hurl. A lot more skill and courage needed to play than the big ball game. "

...played both my friend as well as handball...and all three have one thing in common...hand to eye coordination...you either have it or you don't...the greatest ever GAA photo taken ( in my humble opinion )was in the KERRY V DUBLIN all lreland final 1979...you should look it up...Brian Mullins of Dublin is reaching for the ball at full stretch...Seanie Walsh's hips are on Brian Mullins Shoulders....I know you say football is for guys that can't hurl ..but as l said l played both ..to a high standard for years and l've seen and played against hurlers that couldn't kick snow off a rope...great hurlers no doubt ..but totally shit footballers...

skerries

Get out and support your counties. I am involved with a club in co Dublin . Not a senior club

..at the moment we are running a monster draw 100eu a ticket ..first prize a 2bed house ..cruise .holiday cash .etac in prizes .great support from our community ...we are not getting lots of this cash the everyone thinks Dublin clubs are getting .we have No one from croke park working for us .we have lots of people who give their time free of charge .and they will all be in croke park tomorrow supporting their county ...personally I think that's what's wrong with all the whingers ...Get out and do a bit and shut up whinging..there is plenty of money coming from croke park to lots of counties for their centre of excellence and big stadiums...monaghan Tyrone Kerry to name but a few .

it's not GAA on or off the pitch any more

it's a mix of soccer and rugby

pulling , dragging ,falling, rolling ,moaning

Munster final was brilliant just now!

And I’m a neutral who hates both teams

skerries

Yes great entertainment .Kerry have now won 9 of the last 10 Munster finals...without whinging about what others get or don't get ...

"Yes great entertainment .Kerry have now won 9 of the last 10 Munster finals...without whinging about what others get or don't get ..."

9 of the last 10? They should be broken up into 4 Kerrys!

skerries

Lol.we will have to see what pat spillane and Colm O rourke think of that .lol..lol

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

If it was money then why dont Dublin clear up in hurling every year too?

Its a bit disrespectful to the Dublin football lads who put in the work of pro athletes and say its just cause of money.

It's obviously more to do with them having a huge pool of football players to pick from.

The only thing they could really do would be to enter DLRCOCO, Fingal, South Dublin and Dublin City as seperate teams, as technically there is no County Dublin anymore anyway.

My understanding is, they want to avoid this as it would create the wrong type of rivalry inside Dublin.

it could turn into a Tallaght vs Inner City Dublin vs Ballymum/Finglas affair.

"If it was money then why dont Dublin clear up in hurling every year too?

Its a bit disrespectful to the Dublin football lads who put in the work of pro athletes and say its just cause of money.

It's obviously more to do with them having a huge pool of football players to pick from.

The only thing they could really do would be to enter DLRCOCO, Fingal, South Dublin and Dublin City as seperate teams, as technically there is no County Dublin anymore anyway.

My understanding is, they want to avoid this as it would create the wrong type of rivalry inside Dublin.

it could turn into a Tallaght vs Inner City Dublin vs Ballymum/Finglas affair."

Because Dublin football has the best hurling team in Leinster

skerries

It's very disrespectful to those lads that ..like every other intercounty in the country ...these guys do a lot of great things with kids and sick people and fundraising . For numerous charities ......and only .thefatcats in croke park that never kicked a ball in their lives have big salaries and big cars .while players all over the country struggle ..so give them all a break and enjoy the games .and you can say in years to come that you witnessed the greatest football team of all time .so com on the dubs..

"Yes great entertainment .Kerry have now won 9 of the last 10 Munster finals...without whinging about what others get or don't get ..."

....Munster football has been dominated by Both Kerry & Cork ..that was Kerry's 81st Munster title....only Clare have won one ,1992, in the last , what ?... Nearly 75 yrs...Tipp & Limerick did come close a couple of times but ..close but no cigar...

"It's very disrespectful to those lads that ..like every other intercounty in the country ...these guys do a lot of great things with kids and sick people and fundraising . For numerous charities ......and only .thefatcats in croke park that never kicked a ball in their lives have big salaries and big cars .while players all over the country struggle ..so give them all a break and enjoy the games .and you can say in years to come that you witnessed the greatest football team of all time .so com on the dubs.."

...Kerry '78-'86....7 titles in 9 yrs...and only for two last minute goals in the dying seconds of two games in ' 82 all Ireland & '83 Munster Final ...may well have had 9 in a row...and l know it's all part of the game but how lucky were Dublin in two finals against Mayo .. extremely so....so atm..in my humble opinion.. Kerry still hold the title of the greatest football team of all time ...

"It's very disrespectful to those lads that ..like every other intercounty in the country ...these guys do a lot of great things with kids and sick people and fundraising . For numerous charities ......and only .thefatcats in croke park that never kicked a ball in their lives have big salaries and big cars .while players all over the country struggle ..so give them all a break and enjoy the games .and you can say in years to come that you witnessed the greatest football team of all time .so com on the dubs..

...Kerry '78-'86....7 titles in 9 yrs...and only for two last minute goals in the dying seconds of two games in ' 82 all Ireland & '83 Munster Final ...may well have had 9 in a row...and l know it's all part of the game but how lucky were Dublin in two finals against Mayo .. extremely so....so atm..in my humble opinion.. Kerry still hold the title of the greatest football team of all time ... "

And they hadn't someone to wipe their ass every time they did an number two like the Dubs have.

skerries

Kerry won most of their all Ireland's playing a very few games .example. beat Waterford in semi final cork in Munster final .Sligo in all Ireland semi and bingo ....they were in the final

Now if that wasn't wiping their arse I don't know what was.

Now my dear at 4pm today sir back and watch poetry in motion ...the greatest football team of all time. Even pat spillane Colm o'rourke. Joe brolly.. and that dick head from.monaghan.agree on .

Jealousy is a terrible infliction

"Kerry won most of their all Ireland's playing a very few games .example. beat Waterford in semi final cork in Munster final .Sligo in all Ireland semi and bingo ....they were in the final

Now my dear at 4pm today sir back and watch poetry in motion ...the greatest football team of all time. Even pat spillane Colm o'rourke. Joe brolly.. and that dick head from.monaghan.agree on .

Jealousy is a terrible infliction "

Don't forget who they beat in a lot of those finals.

skerries

No I won't ever forget .and will I whinge about it ...no....look get over it the dubs are here to stay .don't be a bitter person .enjoy the games today ..

"No I won't ever forget .and will I whinge about it ...no....look get over it the dubs are here to stay .don't be a bitter person .enjoy the games today .. "
Sure their here to stay.Sure they are the only professional team in the country.

skerries

The difference between Dublin and the rest ...excuse Kerry.. Dublin get money and they had a vision and they have Jim Gavin the rest have no vision .no brains .....plus they are getting plenty of money from their supporters to give them a few bob as well.as the rest have no supporters .look at us on the hill today....lol

"The difference between Dublin and the rest ...excuse Kerry.. Dublin get money and they had a vision and they have Jim Gavin the rest have no vision .no brains .....plus they are getting plenty of money from their supporters to give them a few bob as well.as the rest have no supporters .look at us on the hill today....lol"

..said it in previous post here .. Dublin have a fan base similar or if not better to a professional soccer team in England...

"The difference between Dublin and the rest ...excuse Kerry.. Dublin get money and they had a vision and they have Jim Gavin the rest have no vision .no brains .....plus they are getting plenty of money from their supporters to give them a few bob as well.as the rest have no supporters .look at us on the hill today....lol"

..said it in previous post here .. Dublin have a fan base similar or if not better to a professional soccer team in England...

Money talks as usual and Dublin gets above and beyond their fair share. As already mentioned by someone they have everything in their back garden. They don't have to travel the length and breadth of the country for training.So you can keep pretending it's because this Dublin team is the best thing since sliced bread but in reality it's because their the only professional Gaelic football team in Ireland.

skerries

We have only won1 minor title in the last 12 years .Kerry have won 6 .please tell me why .

Is the Dublin minors not getting any money .get over it.

...they're...

skerries

If the likes of mayo .Galway. cork monaghan ..won the Euro millions they still wouldn't win an all Ireland .because they wouldn't know how to use the money .that's the trick .brains ...John Costello . Jim Gavin. Etc etc ...mayo got rid of a great manager in Rochford..because they couldn't get their goalkeeper right .now he's turning Donegal into a serious team with his coaching .mucky Graham doing same with cavan as he did with the Langford champions ..it's called football brains ..few have it outside dublin

"We have only won1 minor title in the last 12 years .Kerry have won 6 .please tell me why .

Is the Dublin minors not getting any money .get over it."

I believe the fact that Dublin haven't won a minor title in years proves my point that Dublin are professional footballers when they reach senior football.

"If the likes of mayo .Galway. cork monaghan ..won the Euro millions they still wouldn't win an all Ireland .because they wouldn't know how to use the money .that's the trick .brains ...John Costello . Jim Gavin. Etc etc ...mayo got rid of a great manager in Rochford..because they couldn't get their goalkeeper right .now he's turning Donegal into a serious team with his coaching .mucky Graham doing same with cavan as he did with the Langford champions ..it's called football brains ..few have it outside dublin"
Wrong few have the money to do it outside of Dublin.

By *un for 2Couple  over a year ago

The West

Well said

skerries

Sorry lads going to the Leinster final .lol

"Kerry won most of their all Ireland's playing a very few games .example. beat Waterford in semi final cork in Munster final .Sligo in all Ireland semi and bingo ....they were in the final

Jealousy is a terrible infliction "

..the " Greatest Football team of all time " ..the " poetry in motion " have scored 5 points in 30 minutes in a Leinster final ....a terrible .. terrible game of football...no score from Meath after 30 minutes ...the standard of inter county football is at an all time low ....

skerries

Lol.lol.lol.even professional have an off day ...Messi. Ronaldo . Salah .etcetc .

L

Plus the Waterford hurler's lol

"Lol.lol.lol.even professional have an off day ...Messi. Ronaldo . Salah .etcetc .

L

Plus the Waterford hurler's lol"

5 points to 1 in a leinster final.. Enough said

skerries

And that's coming from some one form the powerhouse of the gaa carlow.lol

skerries

Any comments lads ..sexy professional second half ...1-13.from play ...let's drive for 5...

Look lads only going through the motions in the first half..

Pure muck how anyone can say that shite is exciting 4 points in 78 minutes of football that's pathetic

skerries

Lol.im on my first pint ..

I'm going to have more pints this evening than meath got.lol

"Lol.im on my first pint ..

I'm going to have more pints this evening than meath got.lol"

Well what did you expect from a professional team again amateur team.

skerries

Expected to win by more .should have played better in the first half .16 points win is not good enough

By *B 2001Man  over a year ago

Donegal

"Has the GAA destroyed the game of football by building Dublin into an unbeatable team.I don't blame Dublin for what they have become which in all but name is a professional team.If the GAA spread the money a little more evenly maybe we might actually have something worth supporting."

I agree with and have seen saying for years a Dublin team should be split into 4 at least 2 north and south. Make a better game. I know actually know players that if they had to choose would pick their area.

skerries

So we would then have Jim Gavin managing south and pat Gilroy the northside ...2 best managers in the country .croke park would be full for the Leinster and all Ireland finals .because no other teams have the brains to get a team to win .Sam would be still staying in Dublin .whether northside or south side .lol

skerries

See Donegal have reverted to Jimmy mcguinness 's puke15 men behind the ball football again

"See Donegal have reverted to Jimmy mcguinness 's puke15 men behind the ball football again "
Sounds to me like your already making excuses for when the amateur team from Donegal beat the professional Dubs.

skerries

Kerry win Munster again think that's at least 8 in a row ..should be devided .

North Kerry. Tralee area .v south Kerry killarney area .... they also would win Munster..when your good your good

"See Donegal have reverted to Jimmy mcguinness 's puke15 men behind the ball football again "

Spec savers have offers on at the minute you need to get your eyes checked

skerries

Lol. Lol.lol.

By *exmark12Man  over a year ago

Rathcoole/Roscommon/Mayo

Every area of the city now has a huge GAA following Big clubs in all areas.It could easily be divided up on Local Authority boundaries....Could end up in September Fingal v Dublin South in The All Ireland

skerries

How many senior clubs in fingal..

How many fingal players on the Dublin team ? .. nearly 100.000 people live in fingal .and not one player started from there yesterday ....so I think you should do more research before you make silly statements

"Expected to win by more .should have played better in the first half .16 points win is not good enough "

I lost all interest in Gaelic football..a game l totally loved and played all my life ... when l saw the line balls being kicked 50 yards BACK to the goalie...both yesterday's games were poor BUT on any given Sunday no one knows how or what way games will turn out..Dublin got the majority of their scores when Meath were out on their feet..not Dublin's fault...their superior fitness and strength in dept mean they're going as strong at the end as the start...Meath were punch d*unk ..gave what they had but the chances they missed were inexcusable for an inter county senior football team...chances that a better team will punish..and that my friend is why ,in my opinion , Dublin won't win the all Ireland ...their defense is not what it was or what it should be...and plus...the GAA don't do 5 in a rows...just ask Kerry or Kilkenny...

"Expected to win by more .should have played better in the first half .16 points win is not good enough

I lost all interest in Gaelic football..a game l totally loved and played all my life ... when l saw the line balls being kicked 50 yards BACK to the goalie...both yesterday's games were poor BUT on any given Sunday no one knows how or what way games will turn out..Dublin got the majority of their scores when Meath were out on their feet..not Dublin's fault...their superior fitness and strength in dept mean they're going as strong at the end as the start...Meath were punch d*unk ..gave what they had but the chances they missed were inexcusable for an inter county senior football team...chances that a better team will punish..and that my friend is why ,in my opinion , Dublin won't win the all Ireland ...their defense is not what it was or what it should be...and plus...the GAA don't do 5 in a rows...just ask Kerry or Kilkenny..."

...PS...I'm not from Waterford either .

skerries

Lol.well you say your from waterford

"Lol.well you say your from waterford"

And you say the Dubs are " the greatest football team of all time "...so l suppose that makes it quits ...both statements are misleading...

skerries

You will still be living in the same place .1st of September and the dubs will have made gaa history .5 in a row and greatest football team of all time. Lol.and I'm gonna get back to you then if you on here

"You will still be living in the same place .1st of September and the dubs will have made gaa history .5 in a row and greatest football team of all time. Lol.and I'm gonna get back to you then if you on here"
17 million reasons why the Dubs are top of the pile and it all comes down to money, money, money.

skerries

Brains brains brain's. Lol.lol

"You will still be living in the same place .1st of September and the dubs will have made gaa history .5 in a row and greatest football team of all time. Lol.and I'm gonna get back to you then if you on here"

....maybe l will have won the lotto in the meantime and have moved ...who knows ...and I will be up in Dublin some time at a gig and will buy you a pint if Dublin win it ..but l dont think they will ..like l said ..the GAA don't do 5 in a row...but..but ...the super 8 group stage suits Dublin down to the ground..cause if they had an off day ,they'd get the chance to recover..so there's only 2 chances that they can be beaten with no chance of recovery..the semi final or the final itself...we await with interest.. we'll talk again my friend ..and something that might surprise you ,l have Unbelievable time for one of the greatest ever to pull on a Dubs Jersey,Brian Mullins ,he was absolutely brilliant to me at a particular stage in my life as a teenager..stay safe my friend and we will chat again in September..or maybe before it..

skerries

Yes Brian was an amazing footballer AND man

..the more he got hit .the better he played ..and his good friend Anton passed away couple of weeks ago clubmen of mine played on that team George Wilson and Stephen Rooney

» Add a new message to this topic