FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > What should I do

What should I do

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Found cash in paper bag should I hand it in or say nothing just cash in bag nothing else

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yes hand it in for sure

How much cash?

"300"

Local garda station so Id say....

Not sure why you would even need to ask that could be someones rent or child schools supplies money.

I think I'll give it to the homeless guy in town

Yes ur right will do

By *razy-88Man  over a year ago

belfast

"300

Local garda station so Id say....

Not sure why you would even need to ask that could be someones rent or child schools supplies money. "

I was at Tesco and there was a women crying cause she lost all her holiday money! Felt so sorry for her. I gave her £100, which seems like a lot to give a stranger, but I found £1000 in the car park

By *ildmovementMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Oh keep it, where ever you hand it in they will just say thanks and pocket it.

I wouldn’t hand it direct to any person but would try do good with it. By soup and a sandwich or a Burgerking and hand it to homeless. Go into some of the homeless shelters round town and dontate to a few of them and take a general look around and see who is deserving of a €50 note and just give it to them randomly. Paying it forward all ways feels good.

Then when this is done sit down and have a pint somewhere quietly and have a few pints with the rest and a smile on your face knowing the people you have helped.

"I think I'll give it to the homeless guy in town"

...."the homeless guy"?

Only one in town?

But, fair play.

By *oseredWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Oh keep it, where ever you hand it in they will just say thanks and pocket it.

I wouldn’t hand it direct to any person but would try do good with it. By soup and a sandwich or a Burgerking and hand it to homeless. Go into some of the homeless shelters round town and dontate to a few of them and take a general look around and see who is deserving of a €50 note and just give it to them randomly. Paying it forward all ways feels good.

Then when this is done sit down and have a pint somewhere quietly and have a few pints with the rest and a smile on your face knowing the people you have helped. "

But you wouldn't have help anyone though, someone else did with their lost money. I found a wallet once with no ID. €550 cash in it. Handed it into the local garda for that area and left my details. Got a call from garda 3 weeks later to say it was claimed and forwarded on a thank you from the person with their details. Single mum who had been using her late grandfathers wallet and it was her rent money for that week. She was as happy about the wallet to fair.

By *r tayt2Man  over a year ago

Trim

Then when this is done sit down and have a pint somewhere quietly and have a few pints with the rest and a smile on your face knowing the people you have helped.

But you wouldn't have help anyone though, someone else did with their lost money. I found a wallet once with no ID. €550 cash in it. Handed it into the local garda for that area and left my details. Got a call from garda 3 weeks later to say it was claimed and forwarded on a thank you from the person with their details. Single mum who had been using her late grandfathers wallet and it was her rent money for that week. She was as happy about the wallet to fair."

By *iss_dont_tellMan  over a year ago

Clare

... unless you have a way to identified the person, i wouldnt put a sign around where you found it! dont put the amount just say you found this paper bag, owner would know but no one else!

but if not keep it, a Fubar situation

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Keep it.

In the past I would have said hand it in. But Dublin no one will hand in stuff I lose, so they can go get fucked if they lose stuff. End of the day its only going to even itself out with stuff I lose and stuff they find.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

Hand it in the the Gardaí. If it's not claimed you'll get it back after a time and can decide what to do with it then with a clear conscience, but if you dispose of it now and see a notice somewhere tomorrow where someone lost their rent money, grocery money, car repair money, or money they'd taken out to buy oil for the winter, you'll feel pretty shitty. A paper bag might seem a strange place to find €300... But anyone who spends time with kids know how easy it is for them to do daft things like feeding the contents of your wallet into the dvd player or slipping notes between the slats of a vent... The person who lost it might not have even known it was in the bag!!

By *aughtyglintWoman  over a year ago

Any

"Hand it in the the Gardaí. If it's not claimed you'll get it back after a time and can decide what to do with it then with a clear conscience, but if you dispose of it now and see a notice somewhere tomorrow where someone lost their rent money, grocery money, car repair money, or money they'd taken out to buy oil for the winter, you'll feel pretty shitty. A paper bag might seem a strange place to find €300... But anyone who spends time with kids know how easy it is for them to do daft things like feeding the contents of your wallet into the dvd player or slipping notes between the slats of a vent... The person who lost it might not have even known it was in the bag!! "

Could even be back to school money kept separate for that purpose alone. Times are hard for a lot of people.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Stick a few notices up local to where u found it

Found one brown bag u know who u are

By *r tayt2Man  over a year ago

Trim

So if you found a large sum of cash in a quarry in North meath should I return it also

By *hors.HammerMan  over a year ago

Newbridge

OP no one can tell you what to do.

But do what makes you feel right.

Be that try find the owner, get a hotel room with one of the ladies off fab, or donate it.

But end of the day it's up to you.

Clare

dont be a fool bro , really unless you are sure to know who dropped ... dont hand it anywhere, Gardai are not gonna hand you back 300 if not claimed... they will find someone that will claim it ! make you feel better! put a post and bring a lady out for a crazy night out wine dine and drinks you might get lucky !!!!

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Nice to see so many honest people about.

Clare

"Nice to see so many honest people about."
this really has nothing to with honesty!!!

honesty is if you see the person drop the bag and you return it !

but if you dont know who dropped it or how to identity the person, even putting a sign up about the bag will get you many hits and you will never know who dropped it for sure!

in the case I would do with the money as I see fit! but i wouldn't hand it in anywhere! that just stupid!

it would be different if it was in a wallet and you can id the person

When into town today and gave six homeless 50 each

middle of nowhere

"Nice to see so many honest people about. this really has nothing to with honesty!!!

honesty is if you see the person drop the bag and you return it !

but if you dont know who dropped it or how to identity the person, even putting a sign up about the bag will get you many hits and you will never know who dropped it for sure!

in the case I would do with the money as I see fit! but i wouldn't hand it in anywhere! that just stupid!

it would be different if it was in a wallet and you can id the person "

It has everything to do with being honest. I wouldn't have that on my conscience. If I found money it's not mine to keep. Each to their own and all that.

I know it not mine to give but it will get them a hot meal or something and down the road if and when someone appears looking for the money I'll give it out of my own pocket

middle of nowhere

"I know it not mine to give but it will get them a hot meal or something and down the road if and when someone appears looking for the money I'll give it out of my own pocket"

Then when this is done sit down and have a pint somewhere quietly and have a few pints with the rest and a smile on your face knowing the people you have helped. "

It’s not his money, therefore to keep it is dishonest. Someone lost €300 and are probably searching everywhere for it. If it was me, I hand it in to the Garda Station with my name and get a receipt. I’d also contact whatever shop was around where I found it and let them know I found a sum of money. If he gives it to someone else helping them out, it’s not paying it forward. For starters it wasn’t his to pay forward and secondly, It’s actually theft as it was not his to begin with and by putting it in his pocket and doing nothing is theft in this country I’m afraid but sure paying it forward sounds cool doesn’t it when it’s not your money

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"Nice to see so many honest people about."

I know, most people would lie and say they would give it to the cops and keep it.

But I am too honest, and say I would keep it 100%, I would also not help someone with engine trouble.

I think General Custer had a lot of that ould ingine trouble

By *ackk25Man  over a year ago

Kilkenny

The boss wants his money back... You have 24hrs...

Lost about that much one december on the bus while doing christmas shopping. I was delighted to get it back from the bus company. Just think of the most logical place someone would look for it, maybe a facebook group

"Lost about that much one december on the bus while doing christmas shopping. I was delighted to get it back from the bus company. Just think of the most logical place someone would look for it, maybe a facebook group"

He split it with some homeless guys in town. Paying it forward apparently, with someone else money too.

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Hand it in the the Gardaí. If it's not claimed you'll get it back after a time and can decide what to do with it then with a clear conscience, but if you dispose of it now and see a notice somewhere tomorrow where someone lost their rent money, grocery money, car repair money, or money they'd taken out to buy oil for the winter, you'll feel pretty shitty. A paper bag might seem a strange place to find €300... But anyone who spends time with kids know how easy it is for them to do daft things like feeding the contents of your wallet into the dvd player or slipping notes between the slats of a vent... The person who lost it might not have even known it was in the bag!! "

This

» Add a new message to this topic