FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Rant time

Rant time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hawshank. OP   Man  over a year ago

local

I've read so many times about men being rude, arrogant abusive etc on this site, of which I like to think I'm neither.

Yet having a conversation on this site is so hot or cold. Initial conversation is great and then all of a sudden without a word being said it goes from a good conversation to wtf.

Is it wrong to ask for people to be straight up with u without having to be constantly reading between the lines.

Ffs a spade is a spade so call it a spade.....unless if it's a shovel

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Feel better now????

local

"Feel better now????"

Alittle lol.

Go again so

local

"Go again so"

Kinda had my fill atm

"I've read so many times about men being rude, arrogant abusive etc on this site, of which I like to think I'm neither.

Yet having a conversation on this site is so hot or cold. Initial conversation is great and then all of a sudden without a word being said it goes from a good conversation to wtf.

Is it wrong to ask for people to be straight up with u without having to be constantly reading between the lines.

Ffs a spade is a spade so call it a spade.....unless if it's a shovel "

Having conversations by text is always challenging especially with someone you don't know and who doesn't know you. Things can be misconstrued and you can't gauge the receivers reaction in the same way as a face to face..Don't lose heart. The good guys come out on top

local

"I've read so many times about men being rude, arrogant abusive etc on this site, of which I like to think I'm neither.

Having conversations by text is always challenging especially with someone you don't know and who doesn't know you. Things can be misconstrued and you can't gauge the receivers reaction in the same way as a face to face..Don't lose heart. The good guys come out on top "

If you seen the conversation I'm referring to even you would be baffled, but I get what your saying. Thanks

Having conversations by text is always challenging especially with someone you don't know and who doesn't know you. Things can be misconstrued and you can't gauge the receivers reaction in the same way as a face to face..Don't lose heart. The good guys come out on top "

I agree and I know I've learnt to be cautious what I say or tell in a text conversation because ive had my personal info thrown back at me when I refused to send nudes pics.

local

Having conversations by text is always challenging especially with someone you don't know and who doesn't know you. Things can be misconstrued and you can't gauge the receivers reaction in the same way as a face to face..Don't lose heart. The good guys come out on top

I agree and I know I've learnt to be cautious what I say or tell in a text conversation because ive had my personal info thrown back at me when I refused to send nudes pics. "

See I can understand that, and anyone that does that is a creep and a scumbag.

But when your not 1 of those peeps and your treated as such without provocation then it's very frustrating.

I agree and I know I've learnt to be cautious what I say or tell in a text conversation because ive had my personal info thrown back at me when I refused to send nudes pics.

But when your not 1 of those peeps and your treated as such without provocation then it's very frustrating. "

And that's the issue and I have chatted to you and can say a gentleman

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Sadly it happens on here a lot. You think you are getting in great and then it just goes cold. I no longer take any notice when it happens I usually think it's because they got a better prospect so move on. It's fab it will happen. I learnt my lesson early on here not to invest too much on one chat as there are some on here just to get their kicks and won't meet. It happens to both sexes you just have to learn to move on and forget.

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Sadly it happens on here a lot. You think you are getting in great and then it just goes cold. I no longer take any notice when it happens I usually think it's because they got a better prospect so move on. It's fab it will happen. I learnt my lesson early on here not to invest too much on one chat as there are some on here just to get their kicks and won't meet. It happens to both sexes you just have to learn to move on and forget. "

--------------

Agreed...

Also, if you're looking to form genuine friendships with people ...FAB is probably not the place . A person can share a bed with you one night then ignore or delete a message you send to them a day or week later...

So, if you're chatting and getting on with someone, that's no gaurentee that it will go any further...

So Op, best to chat don't take Fab too seriously have fun be polite and classy and if someone doesn't want to take it further. shout "Next" and move on

...as thankfully there are some classy lovely people here too!

local

But when your not 1 of those peeps and your treated as such without provocation then it's very frustrating.

And that's the issue and I have chatted to you and can say a gentleman "

That you have and thank you.

People probably realize after a few texts that the person they're chatting to isn't for them,I've always said getting a lady's attention is one thing, keeping it is something completely different,while the sex part is exactly that ,if a guy can't keep a lady's interest or attention in chatting it's dead in The water..game over ..that's just the way it is ..imho anyway.

People probably realize after a few texts that the person they're chatting to isn't for them,I've always said getting a lady's attention is one thing, keeping it is something completely different,while the sex part is exactly that ,if a guy can't keep a lady's interest or attention in chatting it's dead in The water..game over ..that's just the way it is ..imho anyway.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

A spade is a spade. Yes.

Yet why oh why do people feel the need to spell it out?

We are all here for the same thing. Different versions of it, but the same.

We write profiles describing what we're looking for, tick the boxes of interests and preferences...

Example: a single guy, joins fab to meet women and couples.

Sees some photos he likes, doesn't read or completely ignores profile. Sends us a polite message saying "Hi, I'm 6ft bearded, tattooed guy, people say I'm easy on the eye. I'm looking to meet couples. Would love to join you two for fun. ".

Now... you may say - nothing wrong with the message.

I say - everything wrong with the message.

Not wrong on any moral levels, just not our type of personality. Grinds my gears when someone is stating the obvious (which this person clearly does). Stating the obvious because you've nothing else to say- may as well say nothing imo.

Kudos to all single guys for their efforts. Shame 90% of them are purely clueless.

Disrespect? Rarely receive anything abusive or out of sorts.

Think disrespect mostly comes from how people portray themselves and how vulgar they choose to make themselves look and lack of filters. We are all masters of our destiny.

Mary

local

People probably realize after a few texts that the person they're chatting to isn't for them,I've always said getting a lady's attention is one thing, keeping it is something completely different,while the sex part is exactly that ,if a guy can't keep a lady's interest or attention in chatting it's dead in The water..game over ..that's just the way it is ..imho anyway."

If only that were the reason. My rant in particular wasnt that the conversation went dead but when the conversation went to day 2 it went frosty without even starting after a flowing first convo.

By *exyDownUnderWoman  over a year ago

Westmeath

Happens to the best of us OP. Don't take it to heart.

By *shoreMan  over a year ago

cork

Its great to have a rant.....

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"

If only that were the reason. My rant in particular wasnt that the conversation went dead but when the conversation went to day 2 it went frosty without even starting after a flowing first convo."

----------------

People's moods change from day to day Op so not always possible to

take up where you left off with a convo in some cases...

The person chilling with a glass of wine in hand on a Friday night can be in a very different place the following Monday morning having dropped kids to school and with work & a "To do" list of 20 things

Just another side of the coin

"Is it wrong to ask for people to be straight up with u without having to be constantly reading between the lines"

Nothing wrong asking people to be straight with you,but it is wrong to expect everyone's plans and expectations to fall in line with your own

local

"

"Is it wrong to ask for people to be straight up with u without having to be constantly reading between the lines"

Nothing wrong asking people to be straight with you,but it is wrong to expect everyone's plans and expectations to fall in line with your own"

Well you would think. Me personally I think it's a much better way to be with people. Unfortunately not everyone shares that idea.

If only that were the reason. My rant in particular wasnt that the conversation went dead but when the conversation went to day 2 it went frosty without even starting after a flowing first convo."

I'm also of the opinion that if a guy has been chatting to a lady for a while and if she doesn't send a first text anytime anywhere along the line to the guy then she has Absolutely no interest in meeting the guy ..as in if the guy is the one that always initiates the conversations ,he's always the one that drops the text first to the lady and she just replies ,well then to me ,that guy isn't on her mind at all as she only thinks of him when he texts her cause if a lady was really genuinely interested in the guy she would at some stage drop a first text or message to him on one of the days ..

If only that were the reason. My rant in particular wasnt that the conversation went dead but when the conversation went to day 2 it went frosty without even starting after a flowing first convo.

I'm also of the opinion that if a guy has been chatting to a lady for a while and if she doesn't send a first text anytime anywhere along the line to the guy then she has Absolutely no interest in meeting the guy ..as in if the guy is the one that always initiates the conversations ,he's always the one that drops the text first to the lady and she just replies ,well then to me ,that guy isn't on her mind at all as she only thinks of him when he texts her cause if a lady was really genuinely interested in the guy she would at some stage drop a first text or message to him on one of the days .."

And vice versa men are guilty of the same thing

I'm also of the opinion that if a guy has been chatting to a lady for a while and if she doesn't send a first text anytime anywhere along the line to the guy then she has Absolutely no interest in meeting the guy ..as in if the guy is the one that always initiates the conversations ,he's always the one that drops the text first to the lady and she just replies ,well then to me ,that guy isn't on her mind at all as she only thinks of him when he texts her cause if a lady was really genuinely interested in the guy she would at some stage drop a first text or message to him on one of the days ..

And vice versa men are guilty of the same thing "

I'd believe it... suppose it's just when it happens the people involved just realize that the ones they've been chatting to aren't ones they want to meet so go down the road of not engaging and hope the others get the hint ..

local

I'm also of the opinion that if a guy has been chatting to a lady for a while and if she doesn't send a first text anytime anywhere along the line to the guy then she has Absolutely no interest in meeting the guy ..as in if the guy is the one that always initiates the conversations ,he's always the one that drops the text first to the lady and she just replies ,well then to me ,that guy isn't on her mind at all as she only thinks of him when he texts her cause if a lady was really genuinely interested in the guy she would at some stage drop a first text or message to him on one of the days .."

I agree with you 100%. Then we have the debate whether it's right or wrong where the other person should say "I'm only being polite and I'm not interested"

Yes this is a swingers site and some of us needs to have a connection with people before having fun, so why dont people just be straight with 1 an other.

» Add a new message to this topic