FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Not whats on tbe tin!!

Not whats on tbe tin!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abshwinger OP   Couple  over a year ago

dublin

Just wondering anyone had similar experiences when meeting other people and their age is clearly not what is on their profile ?

Like if you arrange to meet a profile say in their 40's and what arrives is in their 50's and no click was made, possibly because of this!

I am not ageist but would you consider it the same as say someone claiming to be large or slim and what arrives is different??? If there is a click then great, but if a turn off....

In my experience honesty is best policy for all involved. Just wondering if people have had similar experiences and if it was a turn off & how they handled it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Sparkie.Man  over a year ago

Ratoath

From what I can see, the are a serious amount of 40+ in the 30s bracket, I know of one person who had a 40th Party 6yrs ago and is 39 on their profile, no point in lying, unless your flat out applying the Oil of Ulay

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have met one or two that is far older than what their profile says

I don't understand this way of operating at all. Dishonesty about a basic like age is not a great start, makes you wonder what else are they lying about.

From the other perspective, I guess it's a 'foot in the door' tactic. Once they get the meet, charm or whatever will see them through maybe?

By *ynchsimonMan  over a year ago

North county Dublin Meath

I met a lady who had 39 on her profile, I'd say she was north of 50

Now we could always spin it the other way... Perhaps your chosen fabber looks younger than the posted age.

Had that happen myself, blocked due to age on fab, but got on great at a party

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

Oh gosh yes... I've even seen people declare their age to be 100% true on these kind of threads before, and know for a fact they've shaved 10 or more years off.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I like tall men. Had bn chatting to someone and arranged to meet. He was supposed to be 6ft but turned out to be about 5ft 7. He told me he was confident but spent the whole social telling me how nervous he was. Big turn off.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Ye I have met a few who were definitely older than they claimed on their profile. I don't get why they lie the moment you meet them you will know and no the meets didn't go beyond a coffee. One guy was meant to be mod 40s he was closer to 60s. I'm 46 and it says so on my profile. I can't see any point in lying.

By *rgasmo87Man  over a year ago

Ballynahinch Area

Im early 30s look to be about 40ish. Have taken id out to prove my age just to show them im not a chancer

By *olm_irishMan  over a year ago

naughtysville

Defo and not just a male thing

It doent bother me too much by the time I meet someone I am going to have seen a few up to date face pics or a video chat at that stage I dont really care what their DOB was

Ballynahinch Area

"I like tall men. Had bn chatting to someone and arranged to meet. He was supposed to be 6ft but turned out to be about 5ft 7. He told me he was confident but spent the whole social telling me how nervous he was. Big turn off."

6ft wide maybe

Ballynahinch Area

"I met a lady who had 39 on her profile, I'd say she was north of 50"

Didnt stop you going for a granny bash

By *r AmbassadorMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Defo and not just a male thing "

I'd go one further with that

It's deffo More a Fem thing,

There ladies on here claiming to in their 40s swearing by it, with kids walking around who have performed heart surgery and gave kids their own who shave,, ffs

If I'm 40 and been battered up and down on sports fields my whole life, I.E in bits

Then WTF has life thrown at these Ladies,

Yep 40 my whole

Last time they saw 40 was on a Bus somewhere,,

Ballynahinch Area

"Defo and not just a male thing

There ladies on here claiming to in their 40s swearing by it, with kids walking around who have performed heart surgery and gave kids their own who shave,, ffs

If I'm 40 and been battered up and down on sports fields my whole life, I.E in bits

Yep 40 my whole

Last time they saw 40 was on a Bus somewhere,, "

this seems oddly specific lol

Dublin

Yep 40 my whole

Last time they saw 40 was on a Bus somewhere,, this seems oddly specific lol"

Actually I'm up to a 4 count now, 3 here 1 else where,

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

Yep 40 my whole

Last time they saw 40 was on a Bus somewhere,, "

Jesus your a bit harsh

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

The amount of messages I get that say I'm really 45+ but their profile says 35 just to meet me is unbelievable.

Know of 2 ladies that look alot older than their profiles say. Dont know them personally. Men I have only met one that was alot older but it was a flying meet as I was catching a train

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It doesn't bother me much if the person interests me and if there's a good vibe, if you're bit tolerant most will confess before a meet how old they are.

I noticed though a few who regularly delete their profile when they've stacked up 'too many veris' just to come back ten years younger or older. The joy of fab.

Dublin

Yep 40 my whole

Last time they saw 40 was on a Bus somewhere,,

Jesus your a bit harsh "

I didn't say this to them when I figured out it was Mrs Rip Van Winkle,

I just left the country,

Sometimes work is the best excuse,

Lol

It's very common.

I meet a girl one day she had her age down as late 30s...clearly she was closer to the late 40's when I meet her in real life. That or she was still getting over one hell of a weekend.

O also know of another that has a single profile and a couples profile a with a a good couple of years shaved off between the both of them.

But who am I to say anything. I'm actually a couple of days younger than my profile would have you believe (not wanting to use my exact date of birth for this place)

your imagination

"It's very common.

I meet a girl one day she had her age down as late 30s...clearly she was closer to the late 40's when I meet her in real life. That or she was still getting over one hell of a weekend.

O also know of another that has a single profile and a couples profile a with a a good couple of years shaved off between the both of them.

But who am I to say anything. I'm actually a couple of days younger than my profile would have you believe (not wanting to use my exact date of birth for this place)"

I don't think anyone is quibbling over a few days... When it comes to decades though, that's a different story. I've been told on many occasions in 'real life' that I look much younger than I am.. I was still getting asked for ID at times until I stopped colouring my hair but I've never been tempted to actually claim to be younger. Would I like to be 38 again? Sure... But I'm not, and lying about it wouldn't make me feel good about myself.

I met a guy who claims to be mid-30`s, clearly visible he's about 20yrs older Not Good, well verified etc... In my opinion he's basically fake

By *ccasionalcpl101Couple  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden

We joined the swing sites when bitch was early 20s. We used to have people messaging who were in their “30s” and “40s” looking to meet who could add 10+ years. Most are lying to get with the younger. However the younger they are lying to get with, if they had an interest in older would meet older. Bitch at the time was very young looking looked around 15 or 16 and had no interest in older as most looked older than her parents who were in their late 40s at the time. However some of the people were trying to claim to be early 30s lol.

But then as commented above when pictures camming etc are arranged pre meet its easy to determine whether people are each other’s cup of tea from both sides!

Dublin

"It's very common.

But who am I to say anything. I'm actually a couple of days younger than my profile would have you believe (not wanting to use my exact date of birth for this place)

I don't think anyone is quibbling over a few days... When it comes to decades though, that's a different story. I've been told on many occasions in 'real life' that I look much younger than I am.. I was still getting asked for ID at times until I stopped colouring my hair but I've never been tempted to actually claim to be younger. Would I like to be 38 again? Sure... But I'm not, and lying about it wouldn't make me feel good about myself. "

I know the 38 bus route lol

By *abshwinger OP   Couple  over a year ago

dublin

If ye met up with someone and the above happened, would you say it to them??

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Just once. Age was out by about ten years which isn't really a big deal but on meeting for a social drink it soon became clear that the photos used recently were also about ten years old. The social drink was pleasant but it was hard to take it serious when the profile was so far removed from the actual couple.

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

I think I look older than I am

Dublin

"If ye met up with someone and the above happened, would you say it to them?? "

I deffo would now

I'm a lot bolder now than when I joined up first, so deffo call it, nothing to loose. And if anything get a laugh from the response,

Do it classy like,,

Hmm hmm how old did you say you were again,, and watch the facial expressions, but be prepared to duck and weave lol

Age is only a number

If there’s connection there connection

If not goes no further

your imagination

"If ye met up with someone and the above happened, would you say it to them?? "

Yes. If it was a prospective play partner I would. I've met people at social events though and said nothing... Just filed it away under 'not who they seem' and left it at that... The lie isn't as important to me then because they weren't deliberately trying to deceive me in particular, it's up to those whom they were/are actually trying to meet to decide if it's important to them.

Dublin

"If ye met up with someone and the above happened, would you say it to them??

Yes. If it was a prospective play partner I would. I've met people at social events though and said nothing... Just filed it away under 'not who they seem' and left it at that... The lie isn't as important to me then because they weren't deliberately trying to deceive me in particular, it's up to those whom they were/are actually trying to meet to decide if it's important to them. "

Did they have their own teeth

Because at the end of the day that is the most important thing,

I can live with unleashed tits hitting the floor but draw the line on a bleach water mix cup on the bedside locker,

By *ucyssbbwWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 24/10/19 16:29:30]

By *ucyssbbwWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

By Lucyssbbw Woman

just this minute! 

Dublin

I know some people are not too worried about age but i still think if you can't be honest about your age then I find it difficult to believe anything they say so I lose interest quickly.

We all have a certain type or look that we're drawn to the most so just be upfront with the details whether thats age, height or shape. You wont be everyones preference but at least you're not wasting someones time aswell as your own.

I've had experiences where people say mid 30s or they've just turned 40 and when you cam with them or meet in person they could clearly add another 10 yrs on. Most of the time the person will admit it then but by that stage I just cant be bothered.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've been told I don't look my age but I've never been tempted to knock a few years off. If people don't want to meet me simply because of my age I've no problem with that. I have age filters so I can't judge anyone else.

I have had messages from ladies in their 20's with profiles showing them as much older to get around filters.

A lot of guys here pretend be older than they are..

And after reading all I only hope Im what you expect from tin

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

Yes had a few experiences like this, and kept it simple sorry you're not what you say on the tin, if they can't be bothered to read our profile I say adios, goodbye, slan

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

All the time. One guy claimed to be 45 went to meet for coffee. I walked passed him he was more 60 but he's pics were him at 45. I told him sorry no can do and left..

I dont know why ppl hide their age. I'm 41 and have no issue saying so..

Clearly age is not just a number to alot

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I look younger then my age. Where does that put me

By *avidc2019Man  over a year ago

dublin

Well not point lying about your age if your going to meet up,from above comments it seems a lot are telling porkys,I’m genuinely 39

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

My first meet was a couple in their early 40s when I was 25. Sent pics, chatted on the phone. All seemed great. Booked a hotel and went to dublin to meet them. Turns out I was closer to my early 40s than they were . Would guess late 50s. What made it even worse, it wasnt even younger pics of themselves they sent me. It was 2 totally different people

Dublin

"My first meet was a couple in their early 40s when I was 25. Sent pics, chatted on the phone. All seemed great. Booked a hotel and went to dublin to meet them. Turns out I was closer to my early 40s than they were . Would guess late 50s. What made it even worse, it wasnt even younger pics of themselves they sent me. It was 2 totally different people "

Ohh good Jesus

Tell me you sent them packing and asked reception for the Dyson vacuum lol

Dublin

There is always the filter hopping reason but come-on within reason,,

I don't find Zimmer-frames attractive one single bit,

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

"My first meet was a couple in their early 40s when I was 25. Sent pics, chatted on the phone. All seemed great. Booked a hotel and went to dublin to meet them. Turns out I was closer to my early 40s than they were . Would guess late 50s. What made it even worse, it wasnt even younger pics of themselves they sent me. It was 2 totally different people

Ohh good Jesus

Tell me you sent them packing and asked reception for the Dyson vacuum lol"

Lol

On the scale of horniness I went from off the scale all week to absolute zero as soon as we met. So disappointed. Definitely was not in the mood to entertain them at that point. No vacuum that night either

Dublin

"My first meet was a couple in their early 40s when I was 25. Sent pics, chatted on the phone. All seemed great. Booked a hotel and went to dublin to meet them. Turns out I was closer to my early 40s than they were . Would guess late 50s. What made it even worse, it wasnt even younger pics of themselves they sent me. It was 2 totally different people

Ohh good Jesus

Tell me you sent them packing and asked reception for the Dyson vacuum lol

Lol

On the scale of horniness I went from off the scale all week to absolute zero as soon as we met. So disappointed. Definitely was not in the mood to entertain them at that point. No vacuum that night either "

Ahhh ffs

That's just not right,

Not right at all,

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

I have found that women lie about their age more and guys about their height.

I know one girl in here and she gets younger every year I get older despite us being the same age..

And another only recently posted pics that are several years old as she had them on another 2 sites years ago..

It's a funny old world... But hey it keeps it interesting

Dublin

Maybe Dorian Grey had a few Sprogs and they never age,

Just sit waiting to suck the soul from another poor unaware Fab head,

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

A wise woman once told me that the easiest way for a woman to stay under the radar on fab is to set your age older than you are...no one would ever guess you’d do that

Dublin

"A wise woman once told me that the easiest way for a woman to stay under the radar on fab is to set your age older than you are...no one would ever guess you’d do that

"

» Add a new message to this topic