FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Absolute Fuckin Scum !!

Absolute Fuckin Scum !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

After watching those US Cops in Minneapolis deliberately and callously watch that poor guy die , I'm hoping the cop with his knee on his throat is locked up for life , and the others who stood by and let it happen should be thrown in prison too .

That was hard to watch

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I cried watching the footage. It was incredibly hard to watch. There is no justification for that behaviour, and the onlooker telling him to check his pulse. Horrific

Den of Iniquity

"I cried watching the footage. It was incredibly hard to watch. There is no justification for that behaviour, and the onlooker telling him to check his pulse. Horrific "

Horrific ain't the word , I can't even find the right words to sum it up

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

The problem is police officers in the US are on a virtual power trip. They have zero skills in de escalation and conflict resolution. They often use disproportionate and deadly force for anything they perceive as a threat, no matter how small. It literally is the shoot first, ask questions later mentality. It's gotten a lot worse over the past 30 years Sadly, many get away with it.

La la land

"I cried watching the footage. It was incredibly hard to watch. There is no justification for that behaviour, and the onlooker telling him to check his pulse. Horrific

Horrific ain't the word , I can't even find the right words to sum it up "

You're right but I be damned if I can find the right words without melting down

Den of Iniquity

"The problem is police officers in the US are on a virtual power trip. They have zero skills in de escalation and conflict resolution. They often use disproportionate and deadly force for anything they perceive as a threat, no matter how small. It literally is the shoot first, ask questions later mentality. It's gotten a lot worse over the past 30 years Sadly, many get away with it."

Yep agreed

La la land

"The problem is police officers in the US are on a virtual power trip. They have zero skills in de escalation and conflict resolution. They often use disproportionate and deadly force for anything they perceive as a threat, no matter how small. It literally is the shoot first, ask questions later mentality. It's gotten a lot worse over the past 30 years Sadly, many get away with it."

I agree to a point, but the disproportionate amount of their victims are black. Indicating that they do posses the skills they use them depending on skin colour

Den of Iniquity

"I cried watching the footage. It was incredibly hard to watch. There is no justification for that behaviour, and the onlooker telling him to check his pulse. Horrific

You're right but I be damned if I can find the right words without melting down "

Sorry if I've made you feel bad by mentioning it, I just feel angry and this wont go away .

There will be massive repercussions from this !!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

He was tortured to death in front of a crowd a slow horrible way to go.

Nothing short of jail for life for that cop and the ones that did nothing should also pay the price.

La la land

You're right but I be damned if I can find the right words without melting down

Sorry if I've made you feel bad by mentioning it, I just feel angry and this wont go away .

There will be massive repercussions from this !!"

You didn't I furious at what I've seen, I melt down in anger

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I haven't seen the article but from these comments I'm pleased I've not they think they are above the law I hope the man's family get the justice that is needed xx

Den of Iniquity

"I haven't seen the article but from these comments I'm pleased I've not they think they are above the law I hope the man's family get the justice that is needed xx"

I'm sure they will get huge compo , but it wont bring their son back , its just so wrong .

This.

It’s interesting seeing time and time again the responses on social media police pages when footage of violent offenders being dealt with by UK police are shown. Many American officers openly admit that they would have used deadly force.

Thankfully, that is a last resort in the UK. Maybe because police officers have much more accountability here.

"The problem is police officers in the US are on a virtual power trip. They have zero skills in de escalation and conflict resolution. They often use disproportionate and deadly force for anything they perceive as a threat, no matter how small. It literally is the shoot first, ask questions later mentality. It's gotten a lot worse over the past 30 years Sadly, many get away with it.

This.

It’s interesting seeing time and time again the responses on social media police pages when footage of violent offenders being dealt with by UK police are shown. Many American officers openly admit that they would have used deadly force.

Thankfully, that is a last resort in the UK. Maybe because police officers have much more accountability here."

My mom worked for a number of years in a business that supplied and repaired uniforms for a number of local precincts in the California bay area and she knew a lot of cops. The older generation were lamenting how training methods had changed and that new officers often had an "us vs them" mentality. They also shockingly revealed that the psych profile of many officers was no different from a criminal's! This was 25 years ago!

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple  over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

"The problem is police officers in the US are on a virtual power trip. They have zero skills in de escalation and conflict resolution. They often use disproportionate and deadly force for anything they perceive as a threat, no matter how small. It literally is the shoot first, ask questions later mentality. It's gotten a lot worse over the past 30 years Sadly, many get away with it.

This.

Thankfully, that is a last resort in the UK. Maybe because police officers have much more accountability here."

Don't know if it's accountability but perhaps the 'gun culture' in the US gives the officers some form of perception that every situation they enter has a higher level of risk attached than it would in the UK.

Not a defence and the actions of the officers are completely indefensible. It was refreshing to hear the comments of the mayor in a press conference where he really went for the officers involved rather than defend them.

Sad incident and it won't be the last.

This is not the first or last time it's happened.

The problem is that nothing will change, and the cop won't go to prison.

That's one of the reasons why I would never want to live in that fucked up country.

Den of Iniquity

"This is not the first or last time it's happened.

That's one of the reasons why I would never want to live in that fucked up country."

True .

For a visit , yes . To live there , hell no .

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

We moan about the UK Police and the abuse of power but its nothing compared to this.

I haven't watched it or read the articles, the headline was too much for me.

Another story of a woman calling the cops on a guy in NY Central Park because he asked her to put her dog on a lead. She called 911 and said "an African American man is threatening me". Thankfully he videoed it for evidence. She was choking her dog as she was on the phone. Dog taken off her and she was sacked.

What a cuntry.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

The recent video with the white woman with the dog in Central Park, really got to me as well. It’s like she’s phoning for a firing squad rather than the Police who you’d expect to just deal with a civil matter.

African Americans have to now just accept, that if there’s a dispute between black person and a white person their life is on the line. It’s madness.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"I haven't watched it or read the articles, the headline was too much for me.

Another story of a woman calling the cops on a guy in NY Central Park because he asked her to put her dog on a lead. She called 911 and said "an African American man is threatening me". Thankfully he videoed it for evidence. She was choking her dog as she was on the phone. Dog taken off her and she was sacked.

What a cuntry. "

Just beat me to it

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 10:12:30]

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

"After watching those US Cops in Minneapolis deliberately and callously watch that poor guy die , I'm hoping the cop with his knee on his throat is locked up for life , and the others who stood by and let it happen should be thrown in prison too .

That was hard to watch "

Beyond heartbreaking

North Bucks

What a cuntry. "

She was an utter piece of work. She tried to use her privilege and it backfired spectacularly.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Seen both videos both disgusting

What a cuntry.

Just beat me to it "

Xx

By *uncouple4u19Couple  over a year ago

SHEFFIELD

"He was tortured to death in front of a crowd a slow horrible way to go.

Nothing short of jail for life for that cop and the ones that did nothing should also pay the price. "

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"This is not the first or last time it's happened.

That's one of the reasons why I would never want to live in that fucked up country."

Was absolutely indefensible. The mayor's comments were very refreshing and that he didn't suspend them, went straight to sacking. Hopefully criminal charges to follow.

I love America and have said I'd gladly live there before.

But with shit like this, and Trump's handling of covid19, even how amateur the press conferences look, they're starting to look more like a third world country than a global superpower.

I can’t watch the videos but if the so called president promotes an Us Vs Them approach based in the colour of your skin, what do you expect?

I’ve toyed with whether or not I could muster the courage to comment on this topic on fab. Maybe I’ll regret this but here goes. Watching that video honestly broke my heart again after the countless videos I’ve watched previously of the same or similar things already broke it. Specifically there were echoes of Eric Garner, whose family are STILL fighting for justice. It’s incredibly difficult watching I imagine for anyone, it’s of course difficult knowing that this is a reality for people that look just like you in the States. Having family out there, it’s just horrifying.

But I just want to add, that this conversation about racism and police brutality is not one we should look at in the UK and use score points on how we’re less racist. Racism is not in competition. The experiences with the police for black people seemingly across the entire western world are scary to say the least. If you don’t think anything like this could happen here, then I’ll just say the name Rashan Charles. A young man whose mum will never get to see him again. Whose mum had to watch footage of her son dying. Our lives should matter more than they seem to. And I’ve said in the forums before but my gf is pregnant. I have lived 23 years coming to terms with the fact that this is the reality for people that look like me across the world and even lived things that have made it clear to me. But it’s scary having to have that conversation with my child one day. Just as I know it was for my mum to have with me. I still remember my Nan sitting me down and teaching me about Stephen Lawrence.

And we can’t keep individualising these instances of racism. They’re systemic; they’re systematic; They’re allowed to happen without justice because of a system designed to allow it. Academic, Charles Mills’s definition of white supremacy comes to mind here but I just feel as though we have a duty to at least try to actively understand the way racism operates and actively fight it, because that’s the only way things are going to get better. I don’t know what I’m even saying at this point but I’ve just been so broken since yesterday morning about this news and firing the officers just doesn’t seem enough.

[Removed by poster at 28/05/20 13:39:46]

It was bad enough watching the video. I couldn't of stood there and watched it happen without attacking that officer.

That's probably because a white female isn't treated the same way a black one is so doesn't understand the fear and power dynamic, doesn't understand how repressed it is in America for black people. Still in 2020! When they as a group felt powerless to stop it,that's shocking and the other officer condoning it.

"It was bad enough watching the video. I couldn't of stood there and watched it happen without attacking that officer.

That's probably because a white female isn't treated the same way a black one is so doesn't understand the fear and power dynamic, doesn't understand how repressed it is in America for black people. Still in 2020! When they as a group felt powerless to stop it,that's shocking and the other officer condoning it. "

I think as a Black person, I completely understand not getting involved. They’re literally killing a black man. The safest thing to do is, unfortunately, what they did.

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will get the punishment he deserves. Many a policeman in America got away with beating etc and shooting dead for very little reason. And an awful lot are on black people. Deep rooted issue sadly.

"I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will get the punishment he deserves. Many a policeman in America got away with beating etc and shooting dead for very little reason. And an awful lot are on black people. Deep rooted issue sadly. "

Of course he won’t.

North Bucks

"I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will get the punishment he deserves. Many a policeman in America got away with beating etc and shooting dead for very little reason. And an awful lot are on black people. Deep rooted issue sadly.

Of course he won’t. "

I know it feels that way for the reasons you have stated in this thread. And I can’t blame you feeling that way.

But this time I see a shift (hopefully)

Fox reported that the 4 officers involved have been fired so they are not officers any more and that's because they are gonna get roasted over this and there's nowt ya gonna do or say to change this ..that's when the rozzers act fast

"I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will get the punishment he deserves. Many a policeman in America got away with beating etc and shooting dead for very little reason. And an awful lot are on black people. Deep rooted issue sadly.

Of course he won’t.

I know it feels that way for the reasons you have stated in this thread. And I can’t blame you feeling that way.

But this time I see a shift (hopefully)

"

It’s literally Eric Garner all over again.

"Fox reported that the 4 officers involved have been fired so they are not officers any more and that's because they are gonna get roasted over this and there's nowt ya gonna do or say to change this ..that's when the rozzers act fast "

Apparently there’s a big police presence outside his home so they’ve hardly washed their hands off them.

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Fox reported that the 4 officers involved have been fired so they are not officers any more and that's because they are gonna get roasted over this and there's nowt ya gonna do or say to change this ..that's when the rozzers act fast "

To me being sacked isn't punishment for a murder. Should be life in jail or worse.

Cops everywhere are a reflection of the society they police. Where do you think they recruit from?

There will always be extremes, bad and good but society generally gets the policing it deserves. The US is always considered a developed nation because of it's wealth and power on the world stage. It's culture is only @ 250 years old and still evolving in a rapidly changing world.

"I’ve toyed with whether or not I could muster the courage to comment on this topic on fab. Maybe I’ll regret this but here goes. Watching that video honestly broke my heart again after the countless videos I’ve watched previously of the same or similar things already broke it. Specifically there were echoes of Eric Garner, whose family are STILL fighting for justice. It’s incredibly difficult watching I imagine for anyone, it’s of course difficult knowing that this is a reality for people that look just like you in the States. Having family out there, it’s just horrifying.

But I just want to add, that this conversation about racism and police brutality is not one we should look at in the UK and use score points on how we’re less racist. Racism is not in competition. The experiences with the police for black people seemingly across the entire western world are scary to say the least. If you don’t think anything like this could happen here, then I’ll just say the name Rashan Charles. A young man whose mum will never get to see him again. Whose mum had to watch footage of her son dying. Our lives should matter more than they seem to. And I’ve said in the forums before but my gf is pregnant. I have lived 23 years coming to terms with the fact that this is the reality for people that look like me across the world and even lived things that have made it clear to me. But it’s scary having to have that conversation with my child one day. Just as I know it was for my mum to have with me. I still remember my Nan sitting me down and teaching me about Stephen Lawrence.

And we can’t keep individualising these instances of racism. They’re systemic; they’re systematic; They’re allowed to happen without justice because of a system designed to allow it. Academic, Charles Mills’s definition of white supremacy comes to mind here but I just feel as though we have a duty to at least try to actively understand the way racism operates and actively fight it, because that’s the only way things are going to get better. I don’t know what I’m even saying at this point but I’ve just been so broken since yesterday morning about this news and firing the officers just doesn’t seem enough.

"

I certainly don’t want to get into a debate but I am more than aware of the detailed story of Rashan Charles. You have used his name to try to make a comparison- but I am not sure there is. He swallowed or attempted to swallow a package while running away from a police officer and suffocated (can’t use the word I want to as it’s banned!) on it. Police were cleared of any wrong doing.

For sure there has been deep rooted racism within the uk police in years gone by but I do not believe this is the case now. In fact, I know officers are now even more cautious of stopping black people because of the likelihood of them being called racist.

I watched a documentary awhile ago about US cops trying UK tactics (more talk, less force). Apparently it went well and defused alot of violent situations without the use of force.

However, nothing changed in the departmentthat trialed it.

I haven't seen the footage but the image is horrific. There was no reasonable force used by leaning on someone's neck and i hope justice is done and he goes to prison.

North Bucks

"Fox reported that the 4 officers involved have been fired so they are not officers any more and that's because they are gonna get roasted over this and there's nowt ya gonna do or say to change this ..that's when the rozzers act fast

Apparently there’s a big police presence outside his home so they’ve hardly washed their hands off them. "

To keep the peace I suspect every move they (The Police) make now will be scrutinised.

The sacking was hopefully the first move followed by charges.

"I’ve toyed with whether or not I could muster the courage to comment on this topic on fab. Maybe I’ll regret this but here goes. Watching that video honestly broke my heart again after the countless videos I’ve watched previously of the same or similar things already broke it. Specifically there were echoes of Eric Garner, whose family are STILL fighting for justice. It’s incredibly difficult watching I imagine for anyone, it’s of course difficult knowing that this is a reality for people that look just like you in the States. Having family out there, it’s just horrifying.

I certainly don’t want to get into a debate but I am more than aware of the detailed story of Rashan Charles. You have used his name to try to make a comparison- but I am not sure there is. He swallowed or attempted to swallow a package while running away from a police officer and suffocated (can’t use the word I want to as it’s banned!) on it. Police were cleared of any wrong doing.

For sure there has been deep rooted racism within the uk police in years gone by but I do not believe this is the case now. In fact, I know officers are now even more cautious of stopping black people because of the likelihood of them being called racist."

There’s no use getting into what we think of the case I’m the forums. I don’t doubt your knowledge of it, just that we’re probably not going to agree lol.

And on the other thing, we’re still nine times more likely to be stopped. I live that. They don’t seem that cautious about stopping us.

"I haven't seen the article but from these comments I'm pleased I've not they think they are above the law I hope the man's family get the justice that is needed xx

I'm sure they will get huge compo , but it wont bring their son back , its just so wrong ."

I just saw about it on the news what an absolute cunt

Just saw this. He was cuffed, there was no need for the officer to keep punishing him with his knee on his neck.

America's shame

" And on the other thing, we’re still nine times more likely to be stopped. I live that. They don’t seem that cautious about stopping us. "

Yep, because knife crime is much higher for Afro- Caribbean’s. not racist, just fact sadly.

I can’t remember how many times I’ve watched it. And everytime I just want to jump into the video and whack that guy in the head with a metal pole and the other cops just letting it happen.

When he cried “mama,mama” I broke down. He knew exactly what was happening to him and he knew there was nothing he could do.

And then you watch similar videos and you just can’t believe this is still going on and it’s not a one off!

Truly truly heartbreaking and so frustrating to watch.

" And on the other thing, we’re still nine times more likely to be stopped. I live that. They don’t seem that cautious about stopping us.

Yep, because knife crime is much higher for Afro- Caribbean’s. not racist, just fact sadly."

And what if the reports that found that stops of young White men are more likely to result in drugs being found? We could go around justifying all day long. It’s not nice being stereotyped And vilified by the people supposed to protect you.

By *nB23Man  over a year ago

London

It was truly horrific but I'm pessimistic about the police officers facing justice.

They say it's easier to indict a Ham Sandwich in the states than a police officer. And when police officers are charged, they tend to be acquited. It's happened multiple times before from the Amadou Diallo case in the 90s to the recent high profile cases we know about. And it won't be a surprise if this happens again. The long history of systemic racism in the judicial system and law enforcement, unfortunately still persists despite some great progress in other civil rights areas.

Here was me expecting a thread about Celtic

By *okemanMan  over a year ago

Near and Far

"I’ve toyed with whether or not I could muster the courage to comment on this topic on fab. Maybe I’ll regret this but here goes. ....

For sure there has been deep rooted racism within the uk police in years gone by but I do not believe this is the case now. In fact, I know officers are now even more cautious of stopping black people because of the likelihood of them being called racist."

I agree with you that we shouldn't debate it. However there's no way you would understand how it is unless you're the one affected. I still get funny like when a few police officers see me driving. I've been followed 3 miles on my drive home and as I pulled up, my partner who is white was asked to step out and take our 1 year old son with her. The other officer went over to her to ask her if she was ok and if she was with me of her free will. The officer with me searched me then asked what I did to afford my car and wrist watch I was wearing. He radioed in to check if I was known to the police. He kept making jokes about how he couldn't afford my car. When my partner started crying and wouldn't stop they called it a day. No apologies, nothing. So please if you're not sure don't assume. I've given up complaining about it.

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan  over a year ago

sheffield

No one can compare this situation to any other... it’s horrific... the look in that officers face says it all... he needs to be on trial and sent to prison or if in my court he would get the death penalty if that is the state of the law... his intention was to suffocate him not to detain him, he knew he wasn’t breathing... he didn’t stop and check or clear his air wave, just threatened everyone else who were there telling him that he is not moving and doesn’t look conscience... this officer has been investigated before many time’s and was let off with a slap on the wrist...

"I can’t watch the videos but if the so called president promotes an Us Vs Them approach based in the colour of your skin, what do you expect?"

It makes me wonder what happened prior to this that led up to this happening? Why was he restrained in such a manner? What did he do to get stopped in the first place? Was he actually a criminal? Did he resist arrest? Did he threaten or actually attack one of the officers?

Doesn't matter what country I am in, if an officer was to come at me, whether I had done anything or not, I'd instantly put my hands up and surrender to avoid a situation similar to this.

Everyone jumps straight to the "race card" bandwagon because it was a white man on a black man. The officer who stood by and let this happen looked Asian to me? If you're a racist, you're racist towards all, you dont pick and choose.

Unfortunately some police abuse their powers and they think they're untouchable. I was once out in west London when I over heard a conversation between two young off duty police men and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"It makes me wonder what happened prior to this that led up to this happening? Why was he restrained in such a manner? What did he do to get stopped in the first place? Was he actually a criminal? Did he resist arrest? Did he threaten or actually attack one of the officers?

Doesn't matter what country I am in, if an officer was to come at me, whether I had done anything or not, I'd instantly put my hands up and surrender to avoid a situation similar to this.

Everyone jumps straight to the "race card" bandwagon because it was a white man on a black man. The officer who stood by and let this happen looked Asian to me? If you're a racist, you're racist towards all, you dont pick and choose.

"

He was arrested for forgery... basically had a fake dollar note.. and he was walking towards their car in a calm manor then the next video shows him on the floor.. with 4 officers on top of him... the one who had his knee on him.. had no remorse.

Police brutality in the states doesn't necessarily discriminate based on race. I've seen countless videos of police brutality targeting blacks, whites, latinos, etc.

Police forces in the US have a large presence of minorities within their ranks. The issue, I think, is no longer institutionalised racism, but rather how the security forces approach in dealing with crime or with the citizenry in general. They tolerate no resistance or dissent, and often interpret inoffensive behaviour as threatening. This all goes back to the training. America's police has been increasingly militarised, particularly over the past 20 years

"It makes me wonder what happened prior to this that led up to this happening? Why was he restrained in such a manner? What did he do to get stopped in the first place? Was he actually a criminal? Did he resist arrest? Did he threaten or actually attack one of the officers?

"

Doesn’t really matter seen as he is not resisting arrest at all in the video, handcuffed and saying he can’t breathe. He even stops moving completely and breathing and the officer keeps his knee on his neck. It wasn’t resistance that killed him.

Shoot or be shot

"Fox reported that the 4 officers involved have been fired so they are not officers any more and that's because they are gonna get roasted over this and there's nowt ya gonna do or say to change this ..that's when the rozzers act fast

Apparently there’s a big police presence outside his home so they’ve hardly washed their hands off them. "

Who's home ??

"Police brutality in the states doesn't necessarily discriminate based on race. I've seen countless videos of police brutality targeting blacks, whites, latinos, etc.

Police forces in the US have a large presence of minorities within their ranks. The issue, I think, is no longer institutionalised racism, but rather how the security forces approach in dealing with crime or with the citizenry in general. They tolerate no resistance or dissent, and often interpret inoffensive behaviour as threatening. This all goes back to the training. America's police has been increasingly militarised, particularly over the past 20 years "

With respect, I disagree. I think racism is extremely relevant in the context of police brutality in the US. Black people are also more *likely* to be killed due to police brutality over there. As in they’re disproportionately the victims. Not to negate your other points though, I just think the issue in a US context especially is invariably linked with race.

This latest incident is horrific. I do not accept that 4 cops cannot contain a handcuffed man better than that, and without killing him.

The other variables are many. A 2015 study suggested 26% of civilians shot by police in the US were black, despite black people making up only 12% of the population. The same study found that most black and hispanic police shooting victims were shot by black and hispanic cops.

North Bucks

Sadly as the worlds eyes turn towards this now they see the property damage and looting being beamed across all networks.

The real message getting diluted.

"Sadly as the worlds eyes turn towards this now they see the property damage and looting being beamed across all networks.

The real message getting diluted. "

Ridiculous

"Sadly as the worlds eyes turn towards this now they see the property damage and looting being beamed across all networks.

The real message getting diluted. "

You talk as though burning and looting properties is not the way to address injustice and police brutality. That's crazy talk!

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

It looked to me like they knew full well what they were doing, and out of shear bloody mindedness and refusal to acknowledge that they were in the wrong, carried on. That's how much these people value black people's lives.They would kill a man rather than admit they were doing something wrong. I hope they are going to prison for this, without isolation from the other inmates.

It's happening more and more often. You would think that the fact that that they were being fined, very obviously, would have stopped them. Arrogance? Stupidity? They really do think they can keep getting away with this stuff. And is it any wonder? Usually they do!

» Add a new message to this topic