FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Music Festivals

Music Festivals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Not concerts with a particular artist , but actual Music Festivals.

What's been your favourite one you've ever been to ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Glastonbury ... 2007

You don't know man ... you weren't there ... you weren't there

Or maybe you were

Den of Iniquity

"Glastonbury ... 2007

Or maybe you were "

No I wasnt lol . I've never been to a Glastonbury festival actually, may have to change that one day

Den of Iniquity

Any others ??

By *akbearMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Wasn't quite a festival but oasis at knebworth in the 90s

Bootleg Beatles

Ocean colour scene

Chemical brothers

Manic Street Preachers

The Prodigy

Oasis.

Prodigy were amazing and stole the show.

Chemical brothers mid afternoon with the sun blaring down on you were terrible (might have been a great set but totally out of place)

Den of Iniquity

"Wasn't quite a festival but oasis at knebworth in the 90s

Bootleg Beatles

Ocean colour scene

Chemical brothers

Manic Street Preachers

The Prodigy

Oasis.

Prodigy were amazing and stole the show.

Chemical brothers mid afternoon with the sun blaring down on you were terrible (might have been a great set but totally out of place)"

Sounds amazing, I loved Oasis and the Prodigy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Showing my youth here but wireless when it was headlined by Kanye West (in place of Drake). I got to see all my favourite rappers when they were up and coming and I got to see an amazing Kanye set (I used to LOVE him, not so much now).

Den of Iniquity

"Showing my youth here but wireless when it was headlined by Kanye West (in place of Drake). I got to see all my favourite rappers when they were up and coming and I got to see an amazing Kanye set (I used to LOVE him, not so much now). "

Cool , yes he seems a bit up himself these days

Radio 1 Big Weekend many years ago when Adel was first on the scene, saw some amazing acts !

Den of Iniquity

"Radio 1 Big Weekend many years ago when Adel was first on the scene, saw some amazing acts !"

Cool , who else played ??

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Isle of Wight 2018...I enjoyed it so much more than the bigger festivals like Glasto etc, great lineups, great vibe, beautiful weather, and no tension/bad behaviour at all that I saw. I think mainly because the ages there ranged from 3 - 83, there seems to be more problems when people are closer to the same age.

Brilliant weekend.

"Radio 1 Big Weekend many years ago when Adel was first on the scene, saw some amazing acts !

Cool , who else played ??"

The Kooks , Wombats, Zutons, Goldfrapp , Newton Faulkner , Nelly , Kelley Rowland and many more I can’t rem_mber lol , just an amazing day all round x

Den of Iniquity

"Isle of Wight 2018...I enjoyed it so much more than the bigger festivals like Glasto etc, great lineups, great vibe, beautiful weather, and no tension/bad behaviour at all that I saw. I think mainly because the ages there ranged from 3 - 83, there seems to be more problems when people are closer to the same age.

Brilliant weekend."

This is one I would love to go to as I go to the Isle of wight every year with Pooch

Den of Iniquity

"Radio 1 Big Weekend many years ago when Adel was first on the scene, saw some amazing acts !

Cool , who else played ??

The Kooks , Wombats, Zutons, Goldfrapp , Newton Faulkner , Nelly , Kelley Rowland and many more I can’t rem_mber lol , just an amazing day all round x"

Sounds excellent

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Donington 1984 - AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, Gary Moore, Y & T, Motley Crue and Accept. Weather was hot for once!

Den of Iniquity

"Donington 1984 - AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, Gary Moore, Y & T, Motley Crue and Accept. Weather was hot for once!"

I love Motley Crue

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

This year was going to be my first at a music festival abroad but I shall have to wait till next year to go

Den of Iniquity

"This year was going to be my first at a music festival abroad but I shall have to wait till next year to go "

Its shit innit .

I was due to go to one in Holland next month too , obviously cancelled but my ticket stands for next year

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

I was planning to go to Latitude this year too, which I've wanted to go to for years. Sadly not to be!

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Not so much a Music Festival, but as someone mentioned already, the Radio 1 Road Show - but with a difference!

It was hired in by a Banking Group for a charity event they organised, at the hotel I worked at in the mid 80's.

Coincidentally, staying in the hotel that same day was the USA group, Manhattan Transfer, and playing at a local venue that evening was Leo Sayer (who was staying at my hotel), to whose gig, Elton John and Eric Clapton attended.

Leo, Eric and Elton came back to the hotel, met up with M.T., then heard about the Roadshow event going on in our Conference hall and got themselves invited.

Within an hour, there was an impromptu hour long "jam session" with M.H., Leo, Elton, Eric, and the BBC R1 Roadshow at full blast.

Pity there wasn't recording equipment then of the type we know of today, or I could have made a fortune!

Worthing

"Donington 1984 - AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, Gary Moore, Y & T, Motley Crue and Accept. Weather was hot for once!

I love Motley Crue "

Unfortunately the coach we were on was stuck in traffic so we did not see them

Download, Donnington 2008.

Great weekend

Den of Iniquity

"Donington 1984 - AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, Gary Moore, Y & T, Motley Crue and Accept. Weather was hot for once!

I love Motley Crue

Unfortunately the coach we were on was stuck in traffic so we did not see them "

Oh what a shitter

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s nener about the music, always the adventures. Best has to be 12 of us driving to Glastonbury in 1993 in a transit full of beer with no tickets, losing the prop shaft on the M5 , dumping the van, losing most the beer, hitching .Buying a fake MNE ticket with backstage passes outside for £10, going in and coming out with a UV stamp to share with everyone one by one.

Den of Iniquity

"I was planning to go to Latitude this year too, which I've wanted to go to for years. Sadly not to be!"

I feel ya , same here ( not the same festival obvs )

Den of Iniquity

"It’s nener about the music, always the adventures. Best has to be 12 of us driving to Glastonbury in 1993 in a transit full of beer with no tickets, losing the prop shaft on the M5 , dumping the van, losing most the beer, hitching .Buying a fake MNE ticket with backstage passes outside for £10, going in and coming out with a UV stamp to share with everyone one by one. "

Now that is an epic day

Worthing

I love Motley Crue

Oh what a shitter "

Gutted and just caught last few songs of Accept. Rest of the day was great though and we got a good spot.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Download 2010 - acdc, rage against the machine, aerosmith.

Or oxegen 08 in Ireland, REM, rage against the machine and kings of Leon

Den of Iniquity

I love Motley Crue

Oh what a shitter

Gutted and just caught last few songs of Accept. Rest of the day was great though and we got a good spot."

They were one of the few 80s 90s rock bands I didnt get to see live , which is sad

Den of Iniquity

"Download 2010 - acdc, rage against the machine, aerosmith.

"

Rage were great

By *olo911Couple  over a year ago

wigan

We loved going to festivals and gigs so much so we run small festivals for a charity we are part off.

Dubai & Nottingham

Rage were great "

Used to love Donington , I often cycled there. When Metallica played The Black album, new black shirts , just as they turned into a shit band , Kirk hamster took his off and threw it towards me, but about 100 people thought the same so it was messy

Slayer on the little stage were insane

Den of Iniquity

"We loved going to festivals and gigs so much so we run small festivals for a charity we are part off."

Wow that's awesome , what kinda festivals if you dont mind me asking ??

Bestival 2012 (I think. I went we very year )

Scorching weather, good line up and it was just such a laid back vibe!

Lolaplooza Paris 2017 too. Some of the girls and I were in Paris for a week boozing and site seeing with a 2 festival in the middle. Dreamy

Den of Iniquity

Rage were great

Used to love Donington , I often cycled there. When Metallica played The Black album, new black shirts , just as they turned into a shit band , Kirk hamster took his off and threw it towards me, but about 100 people thought the same so it was messy

Slayer on the little stage were insane "

I went that year in sure , I was on someones shoulders and waved at James Hetfield , sure he waved back at me

Den of Iniquity

"Bestival 2012 (I think. I went we very year )

Scorching weather, good line up and it was just such a laid back vibe!

Lolaplooza Paris 2017 too. Some of the girls and I were in Paris for a week boozing and site seeing with a 2 festival in the middle. Dreamy "

Sounds amazing , Lolaplooza uses to be great back in the day , the brainchild of Perry Farrell I believe

Not sure I can narrow it down to one as I’ve been to so many, it’s part of my job. But Rock Wertcher and Danube island festival and Benicassim and latitude and Creamfields spring to mind first so one of them

Den of Iniquity

"Not sure I can narrow it down to one as I’ve been to so many, it’s part of my job. But Rock Wertcher and Danube island festival and Benicassim and latitude and Creamfields spring to mind first so one of them "

Oooooh Creamfields how I miss those

By *edHeadedFunWoman  over a year ago

Didsbury

Too many but one sticks out in my mind. V Festival 2008 **Prodigy** my shorts fell down I was jumping that much

Den of Iniquity

"Too many but one sticks out in my mind. V Festival 2008 **Prodigy** my shorts fell down I was jumping that much "

And I wasnt there , dammit

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Woodstock of course... Joke. I wish even though it may have just been a myth or maybe people were so fucked up it distorted the reality of it all.

Download 2013 was quite good for a contemporary lineup. Maiden, Slipknot, Rammstein, Korn, Motorhead, Alice in Chains, Queens of the Stone Age.

Reading Festival 2013. More suited to the teen market but the most chaotic crowd I have ever experienced, particularly for Chase and Status. I was near the front when the barriers broke twice and people kept falling over each other. It was chaos and scary for some, but people quickly got over it and resumed crazy levels of raving.

Den of Iniquity

"Woodstock of course... Joke. I wish even though it may have just been a myth or maybe people were so fucked up it distorted the reality of it all.

Download 2013 was quite good for a contemporary lineup. Maiden, Slipknot, Rammstein, Korn, Motorhead, Alice in Chains, Queens of the Stone Age.

Reading Festival 2013. More suited to the teen market but the most chaotic crowd I have ever experienced, particularly for Chase and Status. I was near the front when the barriers broke twice and people kept falling over each other. It was chaos and scary for some, but people quickly got over it and resumed crazy levels of raving. "

Sounded awesome

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I've been lucky to have been to a lot of festivals in my younger years. The best was probably the first one I got excited about - Phoenix festival 1995. I was just 13 and excited to see Public Enemy and Faith No More. Dylan however was the set I rem_mber the most.

They really don't do 'em like that anymore.

I loved Phoenix.

Den of Iniquity

"I've been lucky to have been to a lot of festivals in my younger years. The best was probably the first one I got excited about - Phoenix festival 1995. I was just 13 and excited to see Public Enemy and Faith No More. Dylan however was the set I rem_mber the most.

I loved Phoenix. "

Faith No More were Epic

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

Is anyone else here old enough to rem_mber one of the originals?

Bath and west showground back in the late 60's?

Utter chaos getting there queuing for hours in traffic and walking miles to the actual grounds!.

I can't now rem_mber who was on but it was an awesome experience to be in on at the time. Amazingly enough the weather was fine which was just as well as I only took a coat! No tent,no supplies. Nothing! My abiding memory was sitting on a hillside in the early hours watching a band in the distance. Peace and love man..

Den of Iniquity

"Is anyone else here old enough to rem_mber one of the originals?

Bath and west showground back in the late 60's?

Utter chaos getting there queuing for hours in traffic and walking miles to the actual grounds!.

I can't now rem_mber who was on but it was an awesome experience to be in on at the time. Amazingly enough the weather was fine which was just as well as I only took a coat! No tent,no supplies. Nothing! My abiding memory was sitting on a hillside in the early hours watching a band in the distance. Peace and love man.. "

Not old enough but sounds cool

By *aldyreynoldsMan  over a year ago

Oldbury

Reading 1978.

Den of Iniquity

"Reading 1978."

Blimey I was 1

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

Done Glastonbury in my younger days and always wanted to go back. Was a frequent camper at t in the park but the ned (chav) culture crept in over the years so started attending the smaller festivals like wickerman, knockengorroch and Belladrum.

Slam dunk is the only one I have been to, been 2 years in a row, loved it

Den of Iniquity

"Slam dunk is the only one I have been to, been 2 years in a row, loved it"

Ah now heres one I haven't heard of ??

Details??

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"Slam dunk is the only one I have been to, been 2 years in a row, loved it"

I went when Jimmy Eat World played the other year. I was really happy with the whole festival and would definitely go again! Good shout.

By *adbutsanecoupleCouple  over a year ago

Calne

WOMAD brilliant atmosphere and they have a Spa where you can go nude ????

Bham

Slam dunk looks pretty good ,will have to keep a lookout for the lineup next year.

Den of Iniquity

"WOMAD brilliant atmosphere and they have a Spa where you can go nude ????"

Exact location please

By *ezza4Woman  over a year ago

Nr Wellingborough

I've been on the last 3 Monsters of Rock Cruise. All 3 were absolutely awesome

I've been very lucky here

I've been all over uk and europe touring with bands for a events firm I used to work for

The best concert I went to was in Manchester with the red hot chilly peppers...amazing

The worst was guns and Rose's...complete arsehole

The best touring band was stereophonics and what a cracking set of lads

Best time I've had whilst being a wagon driver

By *adbutsanecoupleCouple  over a year ago

Calne

"WOMAD brilliant atmosphere and they have a Spa where you can go nude ????

Exact location please "

Malmesbury Wiltshire ??

Den of Iniquity

"I've been on the last 3 Monsters of Rock Cruise. All 3 were absolutely awesome"

I didn't even know they still did them

Den of Iniquity

"WOMAD brilliant atmosphere and they have a Spa where you can go nude ????

Exact location please

Malmesbury Wiltshire ??"

* Looks at Google now *

Den of Iniquity

"I've been very lucky here

I've been all over uk and europe touring with bands for a events firm I used to work for

The best concert I went to was in Manchester with the red hot chilly peppers...amazing

Best time I've had whilst being a wagon driver"

RHCP

Even got to meet my childhood crush

Debbie Harry

Best after show parties was probably U2

They always looked after everybody after the show

Done Glastonbury quite a lot as a worker, but wouldn't go if I had to pay for a ticket.

Beautiful Days is lovely, but can be a bit samey if you know what I mean.

Think I would have to say that Download was my all time favourite to go to as a punter, although I did cheat and stay in a hotel for the weekend.

By *im himCouple (MM)  over a year ago

bedworth

Stonehenge 1984

Never been to a festival like since .

By *olarbear73Man  over a year ago

The Pole (Glasgowish)

10 T in the Parks over the years - unbeatable!

By *olo911Couple  over a year ago

wigan

"We loved going to festivals and gigs so much so we run small festivals for a charity we are part off.

Wow that's awesome , what kinda festivals if you dont mind me asking ??"

We do gin and music ( tribute)and craft beer and music

Bham

"Done Glastonbury quite a lot as a worker, but wouldn't go if I had to pay for a ticket.

Think I would have to say that Download was my all time favourite to go to as a punter, although I did cheat and stay in a hotel for the weekend."

Yeah I cheat these days. I've done my time as a youth in tents, I like a proper bed and a shower now

Glastonbury is top of my list, but has lost some it’s magic over the last 20 years. Gutted though that this year isn’t on. I’ve done everyone since I was a baby due to hippy parents

Reading was good, but I’m too old for it now as I don’t know most of the bands

Green Man and Beard Theory are both good

The Good Life festival in North Wales is a nice chilled festival

"Done Glastonbury quite a lot as a worker, but wouldn't go if I had to pay for a ticket.

Think I would have to say that Download was my all time favourite to go to as a punter, although I did cheat and stay in a hotel for the weekend.

Yeah I cheat these days. I've done my time as a youth in tents, I like a proper bed and a shower now "

Also good for festival meets

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Phoenix Festival 1996 - it was my first full weekend festival

Dubai & Nottingham

"I've been lucky to have been to a lot of festivals in my younger years. The best was probably the first one I got excited about - Phoenix festival 1995. I was just 13 and excited to see Public Enemy and Faith No More. Dylan however was the set I rem_mber the most.

I loved Phoenix.

Faith No More were Epic "

They were epic! When they played at Rock city in tiny little disco 2, 100 people maybe, previous singer who sang we care a lot, it was crazy and we partied with the afterwards in a local squat

[Removed by poster at 29/05/20 18:04:20]

By *borofucktoyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Leeds 2018..saw eminem it was amazing!

But as festivals go v was always my favourite.. shame it's not around anymore

I've been very lucky here

Best time I've had whilst being a wagon driver

Snap, how long ago was you driving for them?? Probably bumped into you over the years

I've been to many festivals over the last 30 years but I think my favourite has to be Incider in January this year simply because I got to see so many of my favourite bands just before the madness of lockdown started

By *randMrsJones500Couple  over a year ago

london

finally made it to glastonbury for the first time in 2015 at the age of 50. the closing set from the chemical brothers on sunday night was majestic!

My work is/was festival based, I’ve not missed Glastonbury since 94, but for me, a place to really play and not work, it had to be burning man. It’s amazing and would suit many here..

Download Festival, been to a few different festivals but download always has a good atmosphere, and I prefer rock music so that's a win as well

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"Pity there wasn't recording equipment then of the type we know of today, or I could have made a fortune!"

Going to concerts and festivals before recording equipment was much better then, we could enjoy the act without a sea of mobile phones blocking the view..

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Boom town, shambala, Glastonbury then Womad. I can't pick one as my favourite as they offer different vibes etc

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"My work is/was festival based, I’ve not missed Glastonbury since 94, but for me, a place to really play and not work, it had to be burning man. It’s amazing and would suit many here.. "

I went to the burning man exhibition in Washington last year.made me really wana go

By *igtattooedbeardedGuyMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

Reading 99-04 great times.

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

stockton

Bloodstock last year

Rewind South

Luminosity

Rock Werchter

and every single Leeds in the rain...

"Glastonbury ... 2007

Or maybe you were "

Endorset. Northern Green Gathering. Glastonbury. Torpedo Town. The Big Green Gathering. WOMAD. To name a few

"Slam dunk is the only one I have been to, been 2 years in a row, loved it

Details??"

It is a 1 day festival, but held in 3 different locations, I went to the birmingham one but they dont do it there now so didnt go last year.

It is for pop punk, ska, 90s skater bands etc.

I go mainly for Reel Big Fish as they are my favourite band

"Slam dunk is the only one I have been to, been 2 years in a row, loved it

Details??

It is a 1 day festival, but held in 3 different locations, I went to the birmingham one but they dont do it there now so didnt go last year.

It is for pop punk, ska, 90s skater bands etc.

I go mainly for Reel Big Fish as they are my favourite band"

Slam Dunk

Devastated am not seein NOFX this year!!

By *exyfuncouple-40Couple  over a year ago

Bloxham

Sw4 Clapham Common

Or zoo festival Ibiza

Bloodstock is our regular, we go most years!

Such a shame it had to be cancelled, Judas Priest were headlining....

"My work is/was festival based, I’ve not missed Glastonbury since 94, but for me, a place to really play and not work, it had to be burning man. It’s amazing and would suit many here..

I went to the burning man exhibition in Washington last year.made me really wana go "

It’s so good, hard work and expensive, but where else can you hook up with a stranger and head to a 300 person orgy dome?

Den of Iniquity

"We loved going to festivals and gigs so much so we run small festivals for a charity we are part off.

Wow that's awesome , what kinda festivals if you dont mind me asking ??

We do gin and music ( tribute)and craft beer and music"

Gin Beer and Music , the perfect combo

Den of Iniquity

"Luminosity

Rock Werchter

and every single Leeds in the rain..."

Yay someones heard of Luminosity, that's what I HAD a ticket for this year .

Fucking Virus

"Donington 1984 - AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, Gary Moore, Y & T, Motley Crue and Accept. Weather was hot for once!"

Y&T one of my faves x

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

Womad and blue dot are both great and I've been recently.

In my youth Phoenix festival, T in the park and Reading.

Den of Iniquity

"Womad and blue dot are both great and I've been recently.

In my youth Phoenix festival, T in the park and Reading."

Cool

Bham

Being locked down, smelling BBQs wafting through the air, hearing people from other gardens pumping up inflatables, having a beer from a can in the sun and this thread have all made me desperate to be at a festival again.

Den of Iniquity

"Being locked down, smelling BBQs wafting through the air, hearing people from other gardens pumping up inflatables, having a beer from a can in the sun and this thread have all made me desperate to be at a festival again. "

Same

By *omesticflightMan  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

Supersonic in Birmingham. Been going annually and volunteering over 10 years.

Fat Out fest in Salford. Avantgarde meltdown

Den of Iniquity

"Supersonic in Birmingham. Been going annually and volunteering over 10 years.

Fat Out fest in Salford. Avantgarde meltdown"

By *obwithkiltMan  over a year ago

Belton

one of my favourite festivals hasn't been cancelled...yet!...moved from may to Sept_mber....otherwise the 5 others i would have been working at have all been cancelled

best festival?....too many experiences to choose...however it may be one of the following...

watching 1975 play at Ynot 2013 in a small rammed tent from side of stage just after first album came out....to then have Electric 6 play and have the headline act say to me "how do we compete with that?"

having Suggs hand me his tequila after headlining Bearded 2017

having Wayne Hussey of The Mission throw a mic stand at my head during an encore at Bearded in 2016

I have had beers with too many to mention... however I must say Ivy that Reel Big Fish are a pleasure to work with and they bought lots of beers

» Add a new message to this topic