FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Laying concrete blocks

Laying concrete blocks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

About 500 concrete blocks to lay today, at least I'll get to lay something that is covid free lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Eggs?

The virus can live on surfaces. So if someone else has handled them, not necessarily.

It all depends, technically if someone handled the blocks who had the virus, then that could stay on the blocks for up to 3 days, so I still suggest you wear gloves and I also advise wearing a mask too.

"Eggs?"
now that would be funny to see

And if you’re laying anything it’s best to be safe.... wear a condom.

"It all depends, technically if someone handled the blocks who had the virus, then that could stay on the blocks for up to 3 days, so I still suggest you wear gloves and I also advise wearing a mask too. "

Blocks have been stacked for two weeks and on my own land but thanks for the unwanted advice

"It all depends, technically if someone handled the blocks who had the virus, then that could stay on the blocks for up to 3 days, so I still suggest you wear gloves and I also advise wearing a mask too.

Blocks have been stacked for two weeks and on my own land but thanks for the unwanted advice "

Ouch!

"And if you’re laying anything it’s best to be safe.... wear a condom. "

Wearing a condom on my head w/o t keep my blocks level and square lol

"The virus can live on surfaces. So if someone else has handled them, not necessarily."

Really that must be why I spent two weeks in Durham ICU in March surviving the virus.Doh !

"It all depends, technically if someone handled the blocks who had the virus, then that could stay on the blocks for up to 3 days, so I still suggest you wear gloves and I also advise wearing a mask too.

Blocks have been stacked for two weeks and on my own land but thanks for the unwanted advice "

You’re very welcome, I have plenty more unwanted advise, I suggest mixing the mortar 5 parts sand to 1 part cement, add a dash of what we call Feb mix, it makes the blocks easier to lay. If building a cavity wall always keep the back of your blocks clean, these are called ‘snots’ in the trade, this is to prevent damp tracking from one skin to another. Also a good Labourer is worth his weight in gold, in 20 years of being a bricklayer I only managed to find one and I could lay 15% more brick a day.

Blocks have been stacked for two weeks and on my own land but thanks for the unwanted advice

Ouch! "

I know right, was a bit uncalled for, I was only trying to help, but some men simply won’t listen

You’re very welcome, I have plenty more unwanted advise, I suggest mixing the mortar 5 parts sand to 1 part cement, add a dash of what we call Feb mix, it makes the blocks easier to lay. If building a cavity wall always keep the back of your blocks clean, these are called ‘snots’ in the trade, this is to prevent damp tracking from one skin to another. Also a good Labourer is worth his weight in gold, in 20 years of being a bricklayer I only managed to find one and I could lay 15% more brick a day. "

I've it you assume that I'm not a professional bricks lol.

Mixing 4 to 1 today I don't use any additives, leave that for amateurs.

I fired my labourer on Friday coz he couldn't keep up with the job

You’re very welcome, I have plenty more unwanted advise, I suggest mixing the mortar 5 parts sand to 1 part cement, add a dash of what we call Feb mix, it makes the blocks easier to lay. If building a cavity wall always keep the back of your blocks clean, these are called ‘snots’ in the trade, this is to prevent damp tracking from one skin to another. Also a good Labourer is worth his weight in gold, in 20 years of being a bricklayer I only managed to find one and I could lay 15% more brick a day.

I've it you assume that I'm not a professional bricks lol.

Mixing 4 to 1 today I don't use any additives, leave that for amateurs.

I fired my labourer on Friday coz he couldn't keep up with the job "

I literally get paid to lay blocks, that makes me a professional, Every brickie I know uses Feb mix, but you carry on, you obviously you know best

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Let's keep it pleasant!

» Add a new message to this topic