FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Women's football

Women's football

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi everyone

As it says in my profile I am Durham women fc fan

Womens football I love watching do any of yous follow a womens football team and what do you think of womens football

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Not really although I thought the last World Cup was good the quality is good now and it seems to be getting bigger and better

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Not really although I thought the last World Cup was good the quality is good now and it seems to be getting bigger and better "
I agree

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My football team can play like women that don’t play football sometimes.

Don’t support any women’s teams but used to run 20 teams and some of the girls that played were outstanding skill wise.

T

I dont even watch men playing football.

I think Sepp Blatters hotpants idea was a great one, just a shame FIFA didn’t adopt it.

#EverydaySexism

By *Wman15Man  over a year ago

Hertford

There are many positive aspects - more respect for match officials, less feigning injury - and the skill and fitness levels are pretty impressive compared to a decade ago

I think the issue that the women's game has is the ability to draw in large numbers of fans on a commercial basis regularly. Most of the well attended games have benefited from free or very cheap tickets and have either been major tournaments or have been played when men's football is on a break

It will be difficult to get many existing men's football fans to go to both a men's and a women's match each weekend because of both time commitment and cost

However, it may attract new or lapsed fans (particularly families) who enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere and lower aggression levels on the pitch

If nothing else it could get more girls interested in playing sport

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"There are many positive aspects - more respect for match officials, less feigning injury - and the skill and fitness levels are pretty impressive compared to a decade ago

I think the issue that the women's game has is the ability to draw in large numbers of fans on a commercial basis regularly. Most of the well attended games have benefited from free or very cheap tickets and have either been major tournaments or have been played when men's football is on a break

It will be difficult to get many existing men's football fans to go to both a men's and a women's match each weekend because of both time commitment and cost

However, it may attract new or lapsed fans (particularly families) who enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere and lower aggression levels on the pitch

If nothing else it could get more girls interested in playing sport"

At community level... Marvellous. Anything to get and keep girls in sport is good.

As an elite and professional sport that can survive on its own funding. I think it's highly unlikely any time soon. Currently I have little interest in watching women's elite football and I don't know many others who are. They may well be fit and skillful and corinthians, but it's far away from the diet we have got used to and will take time to break that mould.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I've watched a lot of decent ladies football matches. They don't argue with the ref or each other much. Less "handbags" out than the mens game!

"There are many positive aspects - more respect for match officials, less feigning injury - and the skill and fitness levels are pretty impressive compared to a decade ago

If nothing else it could get more girls interested in playing sport"

I watched both men's and women's football at the 2012 Olympics. The women's were far better to watch. Excellent sportsmanship meant the women spent so much more time actually playing football, they demonstrated great skill and athleticism and generated a fantastic atmosphere.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"I dont even watch men playing football. "

This At least, not anymore.

» Add a new message to this topic