FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Any IT experts around please?

Any IT experts around please?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *alaciousCurves OP   Woman  over a year ago

Gainsborough

I really need some help! I'm trying to download Origin to play Sims 4 on, but I keep getting these error messages-

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found

and

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found.

They both say to reinstall the program. I discovered the program it means is 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable' I've tried this but it's still not working, I've tried repairing the C++ 2015 program but that hasn't fixed it either.

I found someone with the same issue as me on the Microsoft support forum, and somebody advised her to uninstall all older Visual C++ programs. I have several, from 2005 to 2013. Should I uninstall them too? Will it fuck things up? Why can't stuff just work?

If someone could please help me with this it would be amazing because I've been trying to figure this out all day.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I really need some help! I'm trying to download Origin to play Sims 4 on, but I keep getting these error messages-

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found

and

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found.

They both say to reinstall the program. I discovered the program it means is 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable' I've tried this but it's still not working, I've tried repairing the C++ 2015 program but that hasn't fixed it either.

I found someone with the same issue as me on the Microsoft support forum, and somebody advised her to uninstall all older Visual C++ programs. I have several, from 2005 to 2013. Should I uninstall them too? Will it fuck things up? Why can't stuff just work?

If someone could please help me with this it would be amazing because I've been trying to figure this out all day."

try restoring your laptop/pc to one of the restore points, that's my advice, as maybe you lost something?

If you uninstall older runtimes then other programs which need the older runtimes will stop working.

I did a search for and found this forum posting https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/missing-VCRUNTIME140-dll-and-MSVCP140-dll-Origin-wont-open/td-p/6415724

Try what it says and let me know if it worked.

Gainsborough

By the way I've had the laptop a week. It was my grandmas but she doesn't use it anymore so she gave it to me. She had it wiped and had windows 10 put on it for me. There is nothing else on it, this is the only thing I've tried to do with it so far!

Gainsborough

"If you uninstall older runtimes then other programs which need the older runtimes will stop working.

I did a search for and found this forum posting https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/missing-VCRUNTIME140-dll-and-MSVCP140-dll-Origin-wont-open/td-p/6415724

Try what it says and let me know if it worked. "

Thank you, I'll have a look in a bit when my toddler goes for his nap.

Try some of the things mentioned in this article

https://www.tricksntech.com/fix-vcruntime140-dll-is-missing/

It is specifically for Windows 10.

How old is the laptop? Window 10 won't always run well if the laptop is too old. If the original version of Windows on it was 7 or 8 then it should be alright.

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

I would do a Windows Update to download and install all of the outstanding Operating System patches and then take it from there if it's still not working.

Gainsborough

"Try some of the things mentioned in this article

https://www.tricksntech.com/fix-vcruntime140-dll-is-missing/

It is specifically for Windows 10.

How old is the laptop? Window 10 won't always run well if the laptop is too old. If the original version of Windows on it was 7 or 8 then it should be alright. "

I'm sure exactly, but I looked at the underneath of the laptop and it has a Windows 8 sticker so it looks like Windows 8 was original to it.

By *hedark_knightMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

For the VCR message, it sounds like it’s just a missing file and likewise for the other one.

This thread should help: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/vcruntime140dll/b1a15b0e-e389-41a3-bc49-f4fc85bac575

» Add a new message to this topic