FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Happiness

Happiness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *stella OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

What makes you happy?

“Psychologists have scientifically proven that one of the greatest contributors to overall happiness in your life is how much gratitude you show.”

So what are you grateful for?

Below is a beautiful little experiment (7mins long) to see if it works:

https://youtu.be/oHv6vTKD6lg

Yes! Expressing gratitude towards people you live causes an immediate spike in your happiness! And even more so, if you’re already having a low day!

So who are you thankful for in your life and why, and perhaps take the opportunity to tell them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

London

*people you LOVE not live (!)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My son and I tell him every day

London

[Removed by poster at 30/06/20 16:04:43]

London

"My son and I tell him every day "

Why is he so ace?

Far too much to list, but I’m always courteous because it’s a nice thing to do..

Anything that gets my adrenaline going if I was nailed to the world for an answer, motocross skydiving etc, reminds me of being alive and lucky x

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"What makes you happy?

"

Being content. It's as simple as that. If you are constantly wanting things you'll never be really happy.

So who am I grateful to have in my life? Atm I’m very grateful for my daughter, the group of ladies on Telegram who keep me sane & look out for me and a newly acquired friend who listens and is non judgemental. They all know how much I appreciate them.

"My son and I tell him every day

Why is he so ace? "

Because despite having adhd and asd, he is the coolest kid I know, he has loads of friends and everyone thinks he's the best

London

"My son and I tell him every day

Why is he so ace?

Because despite having adhd and asd, he is the coolest kid I know, he has loads of friends and everyone thinks he's the best "

I love this. Love it hard.

Too many to count! All the family and friends whose messages and gifts have made today extra special, I am having such a fantastic birthday! I'm grateful for all the fabulous things that are happening today, it just keeps on giving!

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I'm grateful for the roof over my head.

My daughter and I high-fived this morning because we are grateful we've survived 12 weeks of lockdown.

I'm grateful for my wonderful friends. I lost one recently, buried him yesterday,and that hurts like hell.

That was a wake up call to remind me not to take anything for granted and to let the ones I love know I love them.

Great thread OP

Food, lots of it too!

London

"Too many to count! All the family and friends whose messages and gifts have made today extra special, I am having such a fantastic birthday! I'm grateful for all the fabulous things that are happening today, it just keeps on giving! "

Happy birthday!!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

There's lots of things, family and friends being the obvious ones - they keep me sane, lift me up when I'm down, celebrate with me when I'm up and much more besides

Aside from that though, my health, I've lived a relatively trouble free life in that respect.

Then there are things that have happened, and indeed things that didn't happen that I shall always be grateful for.

On the whole life has had it's ups and downs but it's led me to where I am today and for the most part it's something to be thankful for in one way or another.

I'm grateful for having Estella in my fab life....

Also pretty much grateful for EVERYTHING tbh, my views changed a lot from my previous ungrateful self when my life changed unalterably nine years ago. I love my girl and my puppy the most, but I also love the diversity and challenge of the world....

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

stockton

My daughter's. They are growing into strong independent young women who are not afraid to go out and get what they want. And still remain kind and loving.

I'm thankful for my mother and my aunts, uncles and cousins. They are always there for me wether I need them or not and I love them dearly. The same goes for my housemates, we get on so well I couldnt picture myself living alone again anytime soon.

I'm also thankful for my health, particularly in the current climate, and every day I wake up is a day I smile and think "let's knock this day out of the park".

Lastly, I'm thankful for those of you OP that start lovely threads like this giving folk a reason to reflect on the good in their lives

By *edHeadedFunWoman  over a year ago

Didsbury

I try to find something to be happy or grateful for in every day. Could be something so small but all the small things add up, this mostly works.

Don't get me wrong sometimes horrid or miserable things happen but when I look back I try to focus on the positive instead.

"Too many to count! All the family and friends whose messages and gifts have made today extra special, I am having such a fantastic birthday! I'm grateful for all the fabulous things that are happening today, it just keeps on giving!

Happy birthday!!"

Thank you so much!

Lots and lots, but my dog,where I live , family and the great opportunities I've had spring to mind first and foremost.

But as someone said above...its being content and not always chasing the next thing thats instrumental in happiness I believe. Not easy though

London

After my child I would have to say that time alone in the great outdoors makes me happy

My gf and mother nature herself..outside of these I ve no need for anything else...besides did everything and anything nearly all my life prior to my meltdown...always the drifter

"What makes you happy?

“Psychologists have scientifically proven that one of the greatest contributors to overall happiness in your life is how much gratitude you show.”

So what are you grateful for?

Below is a beautiful little experiment (7mins long) to see if it works:

https://youtu.be/oHv6vTKD6lg

Yes! Expressing gratitude towards people you live causes an immediate spike in your happiness! And even more so, if you’re already having a low day!

So who are you thankful for in your life and why, and perhaps take the opportunity to tell them?

"

Grateful for my full health and limbs and the same for my kids ..and yes l thank the man responsible every morning and night ( each to their own and all that )..to me..our Health is without a doubt our most precious possession.

"Too many to count! All the family and friends whose messages and gifts have made today extra special, I am having such a fantastic birthday! I'm grateful for all the fabulous things that are happening today, it just keeps on giving! "

Happy Birthday.. Wishing you a most brilliant Beautiful day ...

I’m grateful for my dogs, I know it’s sad but they are always happy to see me no matter how depressed I am

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I'm grateful for my boys, love them until my heart could literally burst. But I'm grateful for all the crap I've gone through too, because if I hadn't I wouldn't be me

"I'm grateful for my boys, love them until my heart could literally burst. But I'm grateful for all the crap I've gone through too, because if I hadn't I wouldn't be me "

I'm grateful for you some days Frida. You're an alright best fab mate and you keep me balanced and sane. And you have beautiful boobs....

La la land

[Removed by poster at 30/06/20 21:20:49]

"[bra Removed by poster at 30/06/20 21:20:49]"

La la land

"I'm grateful for my boys, love them until my heart could literally burst. But I'm grateful for all the crap I've gone through too, because if I hadn't I wouldn't be me

I'm grateful for you some days Frida. You're an alright best fab mate and you keep me balanced and sane. And you have beautiful boobs...."

Only some days and I'm only alright! Waw that is high praise

"I'm grateful for my boys, love them until my heart could literally burst. But I'm grateful for all the crap I've gone through too, because if I hadn't I wouldn't be me

I'm grateful for you some days Frida. You're an alright best fab mate and you keep me balanced and sane. And you have beautiful boobs....

Only some days and I'm only alright! Waw that is high praise "

I have high and unrealistic standards....

La la land

I have high and unrealistic standards.... "

Then I'm royally fucked, cause I'm one massively flawed person

I'm grateful for my children, my grandchild, my animals, my job and being alive

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Having a good laugh and a good smile. And trying not to worry about things

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

As I got older/wiser I realise happiness is giving / sacrificing to my kids, team, partners , family and watching them grow, you just gotta remember you need to recharge well and need stronger people doing the same for you or you burnout. Happiness is definitely not about taking, money , stuff even adventures, they are all fun but short lived, true happiness is people to share it with

I have high and unrealistic standards....

Then I'm royally fucked, cause I'm one massively flawed person "

Shush, you know I think you're brilliant! You can't buy loyalty and trust either and that's something we have in spades....

"I’m grateful for my dogs, I know it’s sad but they are always happy to see me no matter how depressed I am "

Dogs are amazing! Their love is so unconditional and pure.

» Add a new message to this topic