FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Who's going to a pub on Saturday?

Who's going to a pub on Saturday?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aomilatte OP   Couple  over a year ago

Midlands

We shall be going in a couple of weeks down by the River Severn. But who's going this weekend for a lovely cold draught beer, or your favourite tipple? What drink are you looking forward too?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not me. I dont drink as there are too many calories in the drinks.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"We shall be going in a couple of weeks down by the River Severn. But who's going this weekend for a lovely cold draught beer, or your favourite tipple? What drink are you looking forward too? "

I'm off out on Saturday, I'm just looking forward to seeing (at a distance) some friends.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"We shall be going in a couple of weeks down by the River Severn. But who's going this weekend for a lovely cold draught beer, or your favourite tipple? What drink are you looking forward too? "

No chance - I love pub culture but not going anywhere near them for a few weeks when hopefully things have calmed down and the fuck wits have had their fun

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

We are if it’s nice. Ours have been open for the last month by the river though ? The ones reopening in town probably not - they are asking for bookings and £50 for a table for 2hrs , will stick to plastic glasses on the riverbank

By *quirt1810Woman  over a year ago

Boston

A pub would be nice, but no like minded people there, clubs look good but too far if there’s no play. Where’s all the house parties is what I want to know

Was never much of a pub goer before, and being in Wales they won't be opening anyway..

"A pub would be nice, but no like minded people there, clubs look good but too far if there’s no play. Where’s all the house parties is what I want to know"

That's a terrible attitude.

House parties are not allowed, only one other household allowed in at a social distance.

This is why we are seeing an increase in cases.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

No my local isn’t open and I won’t return to the pub until my friends can, which is not likely until September.

In addition, I’m keeping myself sealed off as much as possible, so can go see my mum in a couple of weeks

Dudley

"We shall be going in a couple of weeks down by the River Severn. But who's going this weekend for a lovely cold draught beer, or your favourite tipple? What drink are you looking forward too?

No chance - I love pub culture but not going anywhere near them for a few weeks when hopefully things have calmed down and the fuck wits have had their fun"

Thanks, I'll be sure to have some fun for you.

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

Don't drink so never missed shut pubs.

"No my local isn’t open and I won’t return to the pub until my friends can, which is not likely until September.

In addition, I’m keeping myself sealed off as much as possible, so can go see my mum in a couple of weeks "

Very sensible.

What concerns me is how many will be in the pub Saturday night and at the parents Sunday afternoon.

I'm all for opening the economy but it has to be about social responsibility.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Probably not, though I'm looking forward to enjoying it at some point. It's a grossly stupid day to reopen them. A midweek day would have been sensible

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I won’t be going anywhere near a pub.... this first weekend will be like party season extraordinare and in a few weeks we will be back in lockdown

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

[Removed by poster at 30/06/20 19:02:58]

Boston

"A pub would be nice, but no like minded people there, clubs look good but too far if there’s no play. Where’s all the house parties is what I want to know

That's a terrible attitude.

House parties are not allowed, only one other household allowed in at a social distance.

This is why we are seeing an increase in cases."

Well excuse me for messing about. God forbid I have a terrible attitude

Hopefully it will clean people of the beaches and I can go there instead

"I won’t be going anywhere near a pub.... this first weekend will be like party season extraordinare and in a few weeks we will be back in lockdown "

A&E's have put special measures in place and are treating it like a busy NYE.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Not us, we will hope for a beer garden in the future but don’t really fancy sitting inside one, much prefer the outdoors.

"I won’t be going anywhere near a pub.... this first weekend will be like party season extraordinare and in a few weeks we will be back in lockdown

A&E's have put special measures in place and are treating it like a busy NYE. "

Its a bit depressing that humans are so predictable in their behaviour isnt it. I bet all the emergency services are dreading it

"I won’t be going anywhere near a pub.... this first weekend will be like party season extraordinare and in a few weeks we will be back in lockdown

Its a bit depressing that humans are so predictable in their behaviour isnt it. I bet all the emergency services are dreading it "

It really is.

This hasn't happened in other countries that have relax lock down. I just don't understand why we can't act like responsible adults.

By *uncouple0512Couple  over a year ago

wakefield

Table booked and our Favourite restaurant and a Birthday to celebrate too.

We are both been working extra shifts through this pandemic, so in need of a little light relief.

If only quest was open later that evening ????

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Definitely not, the forest pubs will be full of day trippers so I shall be on the cloudy beach snuggling with a bottle of wine

On a mooch

"No my local isn’t open and I won’t return to the pub until my friends can, which is not likely until September.

In addition, I’m keeping myself sealed off as much as possible, so can go see my mum in a couple of weeks

Very sensible.

What concerns me is how many will be in the pub Saturday night and at the parents Sunday afternoon.

I'm all for opening the economy but it has to be about social responsibility. "

Not sensible just practical. My priority is seeing my family, after 15 weeks. If they were around the corner, that would have happened already.

Same if my friends were in London, I would have meet up with them whilst SDing, etc, abd it’s more than likely we’d be supporting a local business if we could this Saturday.

Everyone will make their own choices on how they wish to live their lives, no one can judge others on what they choose to do or make assumptions on how they will act on Saturday.

Very sensible.

Not sensible just practical. My priority is seeing my family, after 15 weeks. If they were around the corner, that would have happened already.

Same if my friends were in London, I would have meet up with them whilst SDing, etc, abd it’s more than likely we’d be supporting a local business if we could this Saturday.

Everyone will make their own choices on how they wish to live their lives, no one can judge others on what they choose to do or make assumptions on how they will act on Saturday. "

Yes I certainly can judge people like you did when you didn't feel you could take your son for a walk because people weren't respecting social distancing.

Unfortunately other people's behaviour and actions impacts all of us.

So yes what other people do does impact on me and my family and on you and yours.

On a mooch

Very sensible.

Everyone will make their own choices on how they wish to live their lives, no one can judge others on what they choose to do or make assumptions on how they will act on Saturday.

Yes I certainly can judge people like you did when you didn't feel you could take your son for a walk because people weren't respecting social distancing.

So yes what other people do does impact on me and my family and on you and yours.

"

That personally impacted me and was a local situation. It upset my lad as he and I had been following the rules, as lockdown got to him he got more and more frustrated with it, that’s one of the reasons I choose for us not to go on a daily walk.

Did I berate them, tell them off... no, I just gave them a wide berth and altered our behaviour. What people do away from my area is no business of mine, as had no impact on me or my lad.

People are too quick on here to make assumptions about other people’s lives, what they should or should not be doing as each restriction is lifted.

No one should be belittled for wanting to find a bit of normality back in their lives and if that means they want to go shopping, go to the pub, out for a meal, etc which will all be within the rules, then I say go enjoy if they choose to.

It doesn’t impact me as the people I intend on seeing through July are making the same choices not to do any of the new activities, so we can spend time together

Very sensible.

That personally impacted me and was a local situation. It upset my lad as he and I had been following the rules, as lockdown got to him he got more and more frustrated with it, that’s one of the reasons I choose for us not to go on a daily walk.

Did I berate them, tell them off... no, I just gave them a wide berth and altered our behaviour. What people do away from my area is no business of mine, as had no impact on me or my lad.

People are too quick on here to make assumptions about other people’s lives, what they should or should not be doing as each restriction is lifted.

No one should be belittled for wanting to find a bit of normality back in their lives and if that means they want to go shopping, go to the pub, out for a meal, etc which will all be within the rules, then I say go enjoy if they choose to.

It doesn’t impact me as the people I intend on seeing through July are making the same choices not to do any of the new activities, so we can spend time together

"

No but you chose to moan about it on here.

Is that not what others are doing?

Midlands

"Table booked and our Favourite restaurant and a Birthday to celebrate too.

We are both been working extra shifts through this pandemic, so in need of a little light relief.

If only quest was open later that evening ????"

Just remembered we've booked a table for the 11th for a pub meal, but that's with the kids so it doesn't count as a night out

On a mooch

Very sensible.

"

I talked about my experience, that others weren’t following SD during lockdown, sitting or playing sports in the park

What I have not done, and has happened on this thread and many others, is tell someone what they are choosing to do within the rules is wrong, calling them idiots for wanting a bit of normality by visiting a pub or going shopping.

Very sensible.

I talked about my experience, that others weren’t following SD during lockdown, sitting or playing sports in the park

What I have not done, and has happened on this thread and many others, is tell someone what they are choosing to do within the rules is wrong, calling them idiots for wanting a bit of normality by visiting a pub or going shopping. "

And neither have I.

I may not agree with you but i have not been rude to anyone.

Tin town

Its a bit depressing that humans are so predictable in their behaviour isnt it. I bet all the emergency services are dreading it

It really is.

This hasn't happened in other countries that have relax lock down. I just don't understand why we can't act like responsible adults."

I heard a rumour it was someone else's fault

Midlands

What's happening to our thread? Who's going for a drink on Saturday?

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

No thanks. Hate the pubs.

Does a bear shit in the woods...

Have fun......... and one for me

Midlands

"Does a bear shit in the woods... "
That's more like it What you having?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

If only quest was open later that evening ????"

Pandora's is

Not this weekend I won't, maybe in a couple of weeks time if my local reopens and a friend fancies it. Most of my friends are not local so it's not that simple for me to have a catch up with them. I won't go to the pub on my own. I'm happy with Socially distanced coffee for now.

I hope everyone that does go has a great time

Boston

To those judging( whilst saying they don’t judge) I work with children with disabilities and have barely had a day off in 4 months, I haven’t been able to see any of my family or precious grandchildren for fear of passing covid to them , yet I was allowed to look after other people’s children. I WILL be going out Saturday but before I get berated again I will be SI for 2 weeks after to protect everyone. This is my choice, my decision and I won’t apologise.

YES IM GOUNG TO THE PUB

Dudley

Yep, I'm not going to apologise for it, I will be practicing social distancing except for with the person I'm going with, we have no intention of having any physical contact with anyone else.

So far since the lockdown came into effect I've been to the shop twice and my sisters house once. All were following the guidance and I haven't put anyone at risk.

To be honest, it's abit crappy telling people that they will affect your lives simply for going to have some down time, I, for one, need it. I won't apologise for it.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I’m not that desperate for a drink that I’ll risk my health and by that I mean the dickheads fighting not because of the virus.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Maybe, I went to my local on the last day before they were forced to close so it would be nice to go again especially since a lot of establishments will struggle financially.

Although I don't know if I can put up with the whole booking a table, paying by app only and table service only stuff.

Tin town

"Yep, I'm not going to apologise for it, I will be practicing social distancing except for with the person I'm going with, we have no intention of having any physical contact with anyone else.

So far since the lockdown came into effect I've been to the shop twice and my sisters house once. All were following the guidance and I haven't put anyone at risk.

To be honest, it's abit crappy telling people that they will affect your lives simply for going to have some down time, I, for one, need it. I won't apologise for it. "

It's amazing how much and how quickly we've changed isn't it? Almost like one of those Steve Spielberg films..when we get fed a diet of fear and approbation for so long.

Let's hope the emergency services aren't needed much.

Have a great time with whomever is joining you

Dudley

"Yep, I'm not going to apologise for it, I will be practicing social distancing except for with the person I'm going with, we have no intention of having any physical contact with anyone else.

To be honest, it's abit crappy telling people that they will affect your lives simply for going to have some down time, I, for one, need it. I won't apologise for it.

It's amazing how much and how quickly we've changed isn't it? Almost like one of those Steve Spielberg films..when we get fed a diet of fear and approbation for so long.

Have a great time with whomever is joining you"

What on earth has Steven Spielberg got to do with anything?

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Yes, I feel the need to support my local village public house.

Midlands

"Yes, I feel the need to support my local village public house."
Good, give them a good bit of support, but not too much that you need support walking home

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"

Maybe he's going to the pub??

Nope. I don't drink anyway and I'm still only leaving the house when I have to.

Yes. Booked a table for six even though there is only 5 of us... just to be safe. Lol.

But more desperate to dip my wick, its been far too long!

Dudley

Maybe he's going to the pub??"

Ah, maybe

Having been in isolation for 3 weeks longer than everyone else ... (just before lockdown in March, I returned from Toyko, Japan) ... Yes, I looking forward to going to the pub, the city centre, or anywhere on Saturday, on

4th July - Independence Day

... just to enjoy the spectacle of young (and old) people enjoying themselves again. Free at last - Can't wait ... !!

"We shall be going in a couple of weeks down by the River Severn. But who's going this weekend for a lovely cold draught beer, or your favourite tipple? What drink are you looking forward too?

No chance - I love pub culture but not going anywhere near them for a few weeks when hopefully things have calmed down and the fuck wits have had their fun"

Well said I agree

We would have done, although we so used to our shot measures now in cocktails that we would probably be disappointed in pub drinks now

Missing the clubs more so then bars anyways so we will probably wait to be honest x

Not i

No pub for me I'm working all weekend... I can wait...

By *edHeadedFunWoman  over a year ago

Didsbury

Definitely not

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Do bears sh.t in the woods

Of course I'm going to the pubs on Saturday

Pint of stowfords will do very nicely thank you very much.

Nope... Don't want to go until I can hug my mates n stand at the bar n listen to a band

Midlands

"Do bears sh.t in the woods

Pint of stowfords will do very nicely thank you very much."

One pint and home for an early night?

Still shut here in Wales

I can't think of anything worse!! I'll have a panic attack if I think about it too much

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

If I get finished work at a reasonable time, there is a working mens club a couple of villages away. I’m a member and I think I’ll go in for pint and then go home.

It does a lot to support the local community with fund raising and they don’t rob the members on prices, so I think a bit of reciprocal support would be appreciated by them.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Do bears sh.t in the woods

Pint of stowfords will do very nicely thank you very much. One pint and home for an early night? "

That's always the intention but I'm easily lead astray

By *haggy_bearMan  over a year ago

Sligo

"Not me. I dont drink as there are too many calories in the drinks."

You sound like great craic!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I have no need or want of 'Primark' or a pub lol

I'll just continue to do my shopping on line, and after seeing soo many idiots at beaches, demo's and shops, but think it is too dangerous to put their little darlings back to school but will still take them to all I have mentioned above, then this country is really NOT what I expected it to be!

So the rest can do what they want, and I'll just keep myself to myself.

By *W_RedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Not a chance. It'll be nuts while they try and find their feet with the social distancing etc. A little like the supermarkets it'll take a while to get right. When it is right though don't get me wrong I'll be there!

I'd rather be at home wanking with sandpaper.

No fan of drinkers

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

It's not going to be the experience that most of you will be expecting!!!!

"I won’t be going anywhere near a pub.... this first weekend will be like party season extraordinare and in a few weeks we will be back in lockdown "

THIS!

Totally agree with you...another lockdown is looming if everyone doesnt adhere to social distancing this weekend

Dudley

"It's not going to be the experience that most of you will be expecting!!!! "

Glad you know what I'm expecting when I don't even know

No chance at all yet for me

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

"It's not going to be the experience that most of you will be expecting!!!!

Glad you know what I'm expecting when I don't even know "

That's why I said "most".

"Most" will be expecting agood piss up with all their mates, just like old times.

Nope.

» Add a new message to this topic