FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Princess Diana

Princess Diana

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

Its 23 years since we all lost the Queen of Hearts R.I.P so where was everyone when they found out Our Di had past away

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I was watching ceefax waiting for the clock to flick over to 00.00 as 31st August is my birthday...then the news of her accident came up.....and England changed forever

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I had been out with friends and 4 of us came back to my house. We had been watching something on the television and just left it on. About 4 in the morning a news flash came on to say she had been hurt in a car crash then we watched as the events unfolded so i was one of the first to here the news

By *kdazMan  over a year ago

nottingham \ linc

Was just finished. Djing and got home and it came on the radio

By *palWoman  over a year ago

The Bermuda Triangle in Suffolk

I remember turning on the TV in the morning watching in complete shock, trying to hold back the tears. It is also my son's birthday and he was 5 at the time so I was full of mixed emotions, trying to hide the sadness so he could have a lovely birthday.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Think I was football coaching

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

At home. My mum phoned me with the news. Very sad.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Been out the night before, woke early put bedroom TV on, all news readers in black with pictures of Di volume not working on bedroom tv, ran downstairs to ask what had happened, watched news until her coffin arrived back into Britain

Remember going to supermarket with my mum, they played solemn music and shoppers were silent, was a really strange atmosphere

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

got up out of bed hungover and found TV was full of it... back to bed I went

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Its 23 years since we all lost the Queen of Hearts R.I.P so where was everyone when they found out Our Di had past away

"

In Paris in a bar 2k from the tunnel.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

I remember that morning, my mom woke me for work telling me she had a strange dream that Diana had died, turns out she had heard the radio before waking up.

I was working on a donut van at a steam train event that day, it was all you heard on the news & it rained the whole day!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Walking to work, used to listen to the radio on the way (I was a Baker in a Supermarket so regularly going to work at 4am) the news was going on about this accident but not naming who it was. When they finally named her, I’ll be honest I couldn’t care less and the endless mourning afterwards left me cold.

I was at work at the jewellery shop working away in the work shop and heard it on the radio, at first I didn’t know what was going on, heard someone passed away, then they announced it was Princess Diana I was mortified

By *elshmuzzyMan  over a year ago

Luton

In a cheap motel maybe 45 minutes outside Paris, driving home from a family holiday. Had to translate from the French TV for my parents as to what had happened.

By *ltrMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Had been at a wedding came over speakers about her "accident" pretty sure she was dead at scene but we will never know

By *uriouscouple83Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

I was 14, I always used to go swimming early at the weekends. I clicked the TV on and was in shock. I remember waking my parents up to tell them and my mum thinking I was making it up.

Mr says that the funeral was one of the few times he has cried at the TV (although I have had to ban him from watching call the midwife) and that it was the sight of the young princes having to walk behind the coffin that set him off.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Was about to drive upto Liverpool for a youth team football match. I remember the minute silence before the match kicked off and looking around at people who had that look of utter disbelief on their faces.

I was only 4, so I don't remember.

I was in A and E after a row with my ex husband

By *angerineMan  over a year ago

somewhere inbetween the right and wrong

I was meeting some mates for a thing in town- everyone had a face like a smacked ass and I (not knowing what happend) asked "why the long faces, who died?".

Obviously I got some very filthy looks.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Watching the news.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

I flicked the telly on while waiting for the kettle to boil and when I saw the news I wasn’t sure if I was actually awake or just dreaming what I was seeing, it was very surreal and very sad all at the same time

Watching those two boys walking behind their mothers coffin, looking so brave was truly heartbreaking

By *latinumkittenWoman  over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I woke up after a great night out and it was all over the TV. I don't think I did anything that day, I was just stunned.

The day before was my daughter's first birthday and we had a party for family. My ex husband had fallen asleep on the sofa with the tv on and was awoken with an emergency news report. He then came into our bedroom to wake me up and tell me.

Her x

Shagging in my gf's single bed with the bedside table leant against the door handle in case her parents came in..... True story!

In bed with my wife of two years. Silver wedding coming up!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

We were working on a cattle ranch in west Queensland, we just drove back to base for morning “smoko” , could tell something had happened as we parked, everyone was quiet sat around a little radio and some people were crying,

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I didn't find out until nearly lunchtime as I was sleeping off a hangover!

By *ikesEmBigMan  over a year ago

Herts

Don't remember or care

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Had a big night before. Woken up by my Stepmum and told the news.

There was a local radio station called horizon radio that played sad songs and upset blubbing callers phoning in every five minutes for weeks afterwards.

I doubt we will see the like again with another public figure.

I went away on a stag weekend when the funeral was on and coming back up the M1 the day after was very weird. Lots of flowers and pictures all along.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I can remember as clear as day that night, I was in a hotel The Park Royal in Warrington, but more so the day of the funeral. I flew from Bristol to Aberdeen in the morning and drove down to my mums house, both airports were eerie quiet and I must have passed a handful of cars on the drive south. It was very strange.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I had a house full of GFs from a raucous night out the previous night. We were all shocked I initially thought she had taken her own life

The world lost a great figure head that day but her legacy lives on in her boys.....

By *iberty RedWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Was my best friends 21st birthday on the 31st August so had been out the night before, she stayed at mine & we woke to the news. Was a very sombre birthday

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Mate rang me up. I was still in bed and jumped out when he told me. Then I sat in front of the television in a state of shock all day.

I was up with a night feed... Early hours with my daughter.

» Add a new message to this topic