FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hot in Australia

Hot in Australia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Heatwave in Australia and some of the hottest overnight temperatures ever recorded. Bush and forest fires. I wonder if that will drive lots of snakes into the inhabited areas.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I lived in Perth WA I remember nights where the temps didn't drop bellow the mid 30's and days that hit 50°.

As for snakes you rarely see them, I lived less than 100m from a nature reserve and walked my dog over various local parks and never saw one in those places in 10yrs.

Camping and 4x4ing out in the bush you do but not often.

Kangaroos cause far more dramas in road accidents, I hit one once...

After the ones last year they said 3 billion animals had died or been desplaced

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

"When I lived in Perth WA I remember nights where the temps didn't drop bellow the mid 30's and days that hit 50°.

As for snakes you rarely see them, I lived less than 100m from a nature reserve and walked my dog over various local parks and never saw one in those places in 10yrs.

Kangaroos cause far more dramas in road accidents, I hit one once... "

How often did you see those big spiders that look like they should have their own postcode?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes. Snakes and spiders. More in Qld, the NT, and the north of WA, but through most of the country.

But Aussies deal with it pretty well. It's just life.

Manchester (she/her)

"When I lived in Perth WA I remember nights where the temps didn't drop bellow the mid 30's and days that hit 50°.

How often did you see those big spiders that look like they should have their own postcode? "

It's just a huntsman

"Heatwave in Australia and some of the hottest overnight temperatures ever recorded. Bush and forest fires. I wonder if that will drive lots of snakes into the inhabited areas. "

Always with the snakes

Wales

How often did you see those big spiders that look like they should have their own postcode?

It's just a huntsman "

It sounds like it should carry a bow and arrow and ride a horse. And they’re almost big enough to do that!

Manchester (she/her)

It's just a huntsman

It sounds like it should carry a bow and arrow and ride a horse. And they’re almost big enough to do that! "

I grew up in the part of Australia that has both of the deadly spiders. Huntsmen are big but harmless.

I have (not Australian) people send me pictures all the time. "That could eat my cat!" "Eh, I've seen bigger "

Chelmsford

Is a huntsman actually genetically classed as a spider? It am I thinking of a camel spider.. there is one that charges at humans..

In india during the floods then snakes often invade homes.. they have professional snake catchers there.. very very brave men

Wales

It's just a huntsman

It sounds like it should carry a bow and arrow and ride a horse. And they’re almost big enough to do that!

I grew up in the part of Australia that has both of the deadly spiders. Huntsmen are big but harmless.

I have (not Australian) people send me pictures all the time. "That could eat my cat!" "Eh, I've seen bigger ""

Do you get them in the city? Or is it just more rural areas? (Just weighing up whether I’d ever have the bottle to visit Australia - so far it’s not looking good )

Chelmsford

It's not on my list of places to visit.. too risky..

"Is a huntsman actually genetically classed as a spider? It am I thinking of a camel spider.. there is one that charges at humans..

In india during the floods then snakes often invade homes.. they have professional snake catchers there.. very very brave men "

Charges at human ?! You’re thinking of rhinos, very similar looking to a spider, but the easiest way to tell the difference is a spider has 8 legs and a rhino has 4. Hope this helps X

Manchester (she/her)

"

Do you get them in the city? Or is it just more rural areas? (Just weighing up whether I’d ever have the bottle to visit Australia - so far it’s not looking good )"

Yeah. I'm from Sydney, proper urban, and snakes occasionally spiders definitely.

But basically leave them alone (and don't stick orifices where you can't see, avoid outside toilets) and they're no bother.

Manchester (she/her)

"Is a huntsman actually genetically classed as a spider? It am I thinking of a camel spider.. there is one that charges at humans..

In india during the floods then snakes often invade homes.. they have professional snake catchers there.. very very brave men "

It's a name of the giant spiders. They're pretty shy. And *harmless*

How often did you see those big spiders that look like they should have their own postcode? "

As Inaswingdress says the more tropical climate over the Eastern States encourages the more creepier crawlies but shes also right in that its just part of life.

The huntsman spiders I saw but way more common was the red backs, on any given day I could find 5 or 6 in my garden. Related to black widows their venom is deadly but nobody's died of a spider bite in WA in living memory.

I used to finish work in the arvo and saw many times a large mushroom cloud on the horizon from a bushfire.

One time the nature reserve caught fire close to home and the water bombers and helicopters were sent in, they actually sound a siren like a fire engine when they're about to drop the water and can refill there tanks by hovering over your swimming pool if they wish. Me and all the neighbours stood ready with our hoses dousing the gardens and standing ready.

The flora recovers in no time and some gum trees don't shed their seeds unless the bark is burnt.

Sadly most fires are started by people.

Chelmsford

In india during the floods then snakes often invade homes.. they have professional snake catchers there.. very very brave men

Charges at human ?! You’re thinking of rhinos, very similar looking to a spider, but the easiest way to tell the difference is a spider has 8 legs and a rhino has 4. Hope this helps X"

I watch those nature programmes. It's my preference to horror films.. there are some spiders that are very aggressive and will charge a human.. strange but true...

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Charges at human ?! You’re thinking of rhinos, very similar looking to a spider, but the easiest way to tell the difference is a spider has 8 legs and a rhino has 4. Hope this helps X

I watch those nature programmes. It's my preference to horror films.. there are some spiders that are very aggressive and will charge a human.. strange but true..."

They don’t charge at you people cast shadows, spiders like shadows so they move towards the shadow seriously!!

I watch those nature programmes. It's my preference to horror films.. there are some spiders that are very aggressive and will charge a human.. strange but true..."

I like those fish with headlights, when they go backwards their hazard lights come on, truly amazing how nature adapts to its environment,

Manchester (she/her)

As Inaswingdress says the more tropical climate over the Eastern States encourages the more creepier crawlies but shes also right in that its just part of life.

The huntsman spiders I saw but way more common was the red backs, on any given day I could find 5 or 6 in my garden. Related to black widows their venom is deadly but nobody's died of a spider bite in WA in living memory.

I used to finish work in the arvo and saw many times a large mushroom cloud on the horizon from a bushfire.

One time the nature reserve caught fire close to home and the water bombers and helicopters were sent in, they actually sound a siren like a fire engine when they're about to drop the water and can refill there tanks by hovering over your swimming pool if they wish. Me and all the neighbours stood ready with our hoses dousing the gardens and standing ready.

The flora recovers in no time and some gum trees don't shed their seeds unless the bark is burnt.

Sadly most fires are started by people."

Redbacks more common than huntsmen?

No no no no no

Chelmsford

I just watched a clip of the Brazilian Wandering Spider.. they are well aggressive...

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

We spent time Working in North Queensland mostly between Tully and Cape Trib, summers are unbearable in the tropics and brown snakes do come onto sealed roads for the heat and will stand up as high as you and confront you if you come across them

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 29/11/20 13:34:45]

Chelmsford

We spent time Working in North Queensland mostly between Tully and Cape Trib, summers are unbearable in the tropics and brown snakes do come onto sealed roads for the heat and will stand up as high as you and confront you if you come across them "

I have heard a brown snake will charge a human too

Manchester (she/her)

"I just watched a clip of the Brazilian Wandering Spider.. they are well aggressive..."

I grew up in a place with lots of dangerous creepy crawlies and I managed to survive unscathed. Few bee stings and bluebottle stings (note, does not mean the same thing in Australia, freaked me out when I moved here. Stinging jellyfish flying through the air, inland, and people don't think this is a big deal. Fuck this Swing is *out* )

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I watch those nature programmes. It's my preference to horror films.. there are some spiders that are very aggressive and will charge a human.. strange but true...

I like those fish with headlights, when they go backwards their hazard lights come on, truly amazing how nature adapts to its environment, "

Angler fish?!

North West

"I just watched a clip of the Brazilian Wandering Spider.. they are well aggressive...

I grew up in a place with lots of dangerous creepy crawlies and I managed to survive unscathed. Few bee stings and bluebottle stings (note, does not mean the same thing in Australia, freaked me out when I moved here. Stinging jellyfish flying through the air, inland, and people don't think this is a big deal. Fuck this Swing is *out* )"

Oh now this IS funny! Crumbs, that's be great - seeing a jellyfish flying round the kitchen while you find a copy of Women's Weekly to swat it with

Manchester (she/her)

"I just watched a clip of the Brazilian Wandering Spider.. they are well aggressive...

I grew up in a place with lots of dangerous creepy crawlies and I managed to survive unscathed. Few bee stings and bluebottle stings (note, does not mean the same thing in Australia, freaked me out when I moved here. Stinging jellyfish flying through the air, inland, and people don't think this is a big deal. Fuck this Swing is *out* )

Oh now this IS funny! Crumbs, that's be great - seeing a jellyfish flying round the kitchen while you find a copy of Women's Weekly to swat it with "

Those fuckers hurt when they sting you

And you guys are terrified of wasps and you aren't worried by flying bluebottles

My first summer here. You guys )

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

Tom, I would like you to do a wildfire documentary series. I enjoy your narrative on animals. Yes would definitely watch it.

I spent a year in Perth, where abouts did you live?

North West

"Tom, I would like you to do a wildfire documentary series. I enjoy your narrative on animals. Yes would definitely watch it. "

Manchester (she/her)

My concern with the heat is another round of bushfires like last year. I hope the backburning was more rigorous this year, and I'm glad that the virus hasn't posed as big of a problem in Australia: two severe bushfire seasons plus a raging pandemic would be beyond brutal.

Chelmsford

The heat of the fires must surely help to kill the virus if it hangs in the air

Chelmsford

"Tom, I would like you to do a wildfire documentary series. I enjoy your narrative on animals. Yes would definitely watch it. "

I am flattered.. I would call it Toms Tall Tales

Manchester (she/her)

"The heat of the fires must surely help to kill the virus if it hangs in the air"

I mean maybe but it'll also destroy everything else? Yay?

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

"Tom, I would like you to do a wildfire documentary series. I enjoy your narrative on animals. Yes would definitely watch it.

I am flattered.. I would call it Toms Tall Tales "

I would love this!

Sadly most fires are started by people.

Redbacks more common than huntsmen?

No no no no no "

Oh yes yes yes yes yes lol

I only ever saw a couple of big huntsmen in 10yrs but heaps of redbacks, in fact I saw more redbacks than wolf spiders too.

Perhaps its a WA thing

Manchester (she/her)

"

I only ever saw a couple of big huntsmen in 10yrs but heaps of redbacks, in fact I saw more redbacks than wolf spiders too.

Perhaps its a WA thing "

I have no issue with huntsmen. I'm not afraid of redbacks per se, but I have a very healthy respect for them and want them somewhere else please.

I spent a year in Perth, where abouts did you live? "

Canning Vale... 8 Bramdean crescent 6155

"Heatwave in Australia and some of the hottest overnight temperatures ever recorded. Bush and forest fires. I wonder if that will drive lots of snakes into the inhabited areas. "

Tastes like chicken..

Manchester (she/her)

I spent a year in Perth, where abouts did you live?

Canning Vale... 8 Bramdean crescent 6155"

I'll tell you as close as I lived in 21xx postcodes growing up

"

Perhaps its a WA thing

I have no issue with huntsmen. I'm not afraid of redbacks per se, but I have a very healthy respect for them and want them somewhere else please.

"

I think its only the females that bite. Not as bad as a Sydney funnel web though, they got snake sized fangs I think

Chelmsford

Regardless of the complimentary comments.. soon the urban areas will have snakes lapping at their doors

Manchester (she/her)

"

Perhaps its a WA thing

I think its only the females that bite. Not as bad as a Sydney funnel web though, they got snake sized fangs I think "

I'm not messing with either of them thank you

Can't remember which one is more deadly, I just leave them alone

Manchester (she/her)

"Regardless of the complimentary comments.. soon the urban areas will have snakes lapping at their doors "

She'll be right, mate.

Chelmsford

I want people safe but aware

[Removed by poster at 29/11/20 19:04:27]

Never mind the snakes and spiders its the cane toads... THE TOADS!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"I want people safe but aware "

The Australians/people who've lived in Australia are telling you that a) we know, and/or b) we know how to handle this.

Manchester (she/her)

"Never mind the snakes and spiders its the cane toads... THE TOADS!!! "

Chelmsford

Toads ?

"I want people safe but aware "

Its just Strayer mate...

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Redbacks were common and nasty in Perth, but they don't like people and are easily avoided. Don't stick your fingers in places a spider might live, and you won't even notice it's there.

Huntsmans are big cuddly friendly spiders that you're much more likely to see indoors. They look scary, and will give you a fright if they decide to jump, but they're completely harmless. And they eat insects that might otherwise annoy you, so they're good to have around.

I never saw a single snake when I lived there. They can hear big clumsy creatures like us coming a mile away, and scurry off somewhere safe before we even get close.

Drop bears, however. They scare me. Some people will try to tell you they're a tall story invented to frighten tourists. Don't believe them.

And the scariest of them all? WA customs inspectors. Don't even think about smuggling an apple into the state. They have fruit sniffer dogs. They will find you.

Manchester (she/her)

"Toads ?"

They bother me way more than spiders or snakes

Manchester (she/her)

"Redbacks were common and nasty in Perth, but they don't like people and are easily avoided. Don't stick your fingers in places a spider might live, and you won't even notice it's there.

Huntsmans are big cuddly friendly spiders that you're much more likely to see indoors. They look scary, and will give you a fright if they decide to jump, but they're completely harmless. And they eat insects that might otherwise annoy you, so they're good to have around.

I never saw a single snake when I lived there. They can hear big clumsy creatures like us coming a mile away, and scurry off somewhere safe before we even get close.

Drop bears, however. They scare me. Some people will try to tell you they're a tall story invented to frighten tourists. Don't believe them.

And the scariest of them all? WA customs inspectors. Don't even think about smuggling an apple into the state. They have fruit sniffer dogs. They will find you."

Manchester (she/her)

The cure for drop bears is covering yourself in piss.

"Redbacks were common and nasty in Perth, but they don't like people and are easily avoided. Don't stick your fingers in places a spider might live, and you won't even notice it's there.

And the scariest of them all? WA customs inspectors. Don't even think about smuggling an apple into the state. They have fruit sniffer dogs. They will find you.

"

Got caught by that when I lived there.

Picked up an apple in Melbourne, flew back home to Perth, got picked up by a sniffer dog and got a bollocking by the dog handler.

Managed to avoid a fine though

"The cure for drop bears is covering yourself in piss."

Or smearing vegemite behind your ears

By *JohnMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Conveniently, that happens pretty much automatically if you see one.

Manchester (she/her)

"The cure for drop bears is covering yourself in piss.

Conveniently, that happens pretty much automatically if you see one."

Yes. Fortunately for me they never go for Aussies, only tourists

Manchester (she/her)

Picked up an apple in Melbourne, flew back home to Perth, got picked up by a sniffer dog and got a bollocking by the dog handler.

"

I've had many bollockings at Kingsford Smith. I do actually know better

Apparently there is a spider & if it bites a fella the venom can causes painful erections

Manchester (she/her)

Drop bears. https://youtu.be/0qHQHYmsUJc

"Toads ?"

Over east in Queensland they have a lot of sugar cane plantations.

Sometime during the 1930's farmers were complaining about loosing crops to the cane beatle infestation so some bright spark in the government though it was a good idea to import cane toads over from South America as they love to eat the beatles.

Thing is when the toads arrived they found other insects more tasty to eat and didn't do the job they were bought over to do.

As they had little in the way of predators due to them being poisonous they thrived and multiplied beyond belief, not even the crocks will eat them.

Ever since they arrived they've been hopping from Queensland across the top of Australia heading west.

They have now started to reach Perth which is 1000's of miles in distance.

They are big and ugly things but you gotta love 'em lol

I've had many bollockings at Kingsford Smith. I do actually know better "

Hahahah...nice one.

Manchester (she/her)

"Toads ?

Sometime during the 1930's farmers were complaining about loosing crops to the cane beatle infestation so some bright spark in the government though it was a good idea to import cane toads over from South America as they love to eat the beatles.

Thing is when the toads arrived they found other insects more tasty to eat and didn't do the job they were bought over to do.

As they had little in the way of predators due to them being poisonous they thrived and multiplied beyond belief, not even the crocks will eat them.

Ever since they arrived they've been hopping from Queensland across the top of Australia heading west.

They are big and ugly things but you gotta love 'em lol"

I have no fuckin' love for fuckin' cane toads. Flamin' oath.

Chelmsford

Are these Toads dangerous ?

North West

"Are these Toads dangerous ?"

Yes. They could eat a man whole

I've seen old aussie TV shows where they were incouraging everyone to kill them on sight in Darwin lol.

Chelmsford

Seriously.. they are only toads

"Seriously.. they are only toads "

Tell that to an Aussie lol

They have no natural predators and toxic pustules on their skin.

Domestic cats heve taken them only to die from the poison....they are an introduced species and wreaking havoc...

Australia has an exclusive but delicate ecosystem, the toads thrived to plague proportions but at the cost of other indigenous wildlife.

Chelmsford

How big are these toads

"How big are these toads "

Chuffing huge!!

about the size of a rabbit...

Roos and toads!! Once hit a road block of 1000s of the buggers blocking the freeway it was ridiculous.

I loved Perth. Would love to live there one day permanently.

Manchester (she/her)

Hahaa I see someone else has said about the plagues of toads lol. Only a real Aussie would know

Manchester (she/her)

Roos and toads!! Once hit a road block of 1000s of the buggers blocking the freeway it was ridiculous.

I loved Perth. Would love to live there one day permanently. "

Wombats screw up cars pretty badly too

I loved Perth. Would love to live there one day permanently. "

I'd go back in a heartbeat....best days of my life!

Yeah that's the camel back. Fair few of those in Iraq.

Wombats screw up cars pretty badly too"

I bet...they are a big unit...

Roos and Emu were the biggest threat in WA, especially the emu.

All the weight is above the height of the bonnet of your car.

If you hit one, they can come through your windscreen and be thrashing around inside you car....not a good situation for Emu nor occupants

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

Oh now this IS funny! Crumbs, that's be great - seeing a jellyfish flying round the kitchen while you find a copy of Women's Weekly to swat it with

And you guys are terrified of wasps and you aren't worried by flying bluebottles

My first summer here. You guys )"

I,ve never heard of jelly fish flying through the air before unless someone chucks one.. you have the man of war jellyfish in australia I,m not sure where else in the world it might live I,ve not looked it up.

Chelmsford

Can you eat these toads

North West

"Can you eat these toads"

Not advisable. They have poisonous pustules on their skin.

Manchester (she/her)

My first summer here. You guys )I,ve never heard of jelly fish flying through the air before unless someone chucks one.. you have the man of war jellyfish in australia I,m not sure where else in the world it might live I,ve not looked it up."

The Portuguese man o' war is called a bluebottle in Australia. They fucking hurt.

So people, in Manchester, were talking about bluebottles coming through the window and I'm picturing some shit out of a horror film

My first summer here. You guys )I,ve never heard of jelly fish flying through the air before unless someone chucks one.. you have the man of war jellyfish in australia I,m not sure where else in the world it might live I,ve not looked it up.

The Portuguese man o' war is called a bluebottle in Australia. They fucking hurt.

So people, in Manchester, were talking about bluebottles coming through the window and I'm picturing some shit out of a horror film "

Used to get bluebottle jellyfish washing up on the beach..

Had to tell the kids that they are NOT to be stamped on...even though they are dead ....

Chelmsford

Some toads can be licked to get high

Manchester (she/her)

My first summer here. You guys )I,ve never heard of jelly fish flying through the air before unless someone chucks one.. you have the man of war jellyfish in australia I,m not sure where else in the world it might live I,ve not looked it up.

So people, in Manchester, were talking about bluebottles coming through the window and I'm picturing some shit out of a horror film

Used to get bluebottle jellyfish washing up on the beach..

Had to tell the kids that they are NOT to be stamped on...even though they are dead .... "

Oh no no no

Manchester (she/her)

"Some toads can be licked to get high "

Yes. I'm not sure if anyone has tried it with cane toads. Horrible things

"Some toads can be licked to get high "

From now on you shall be known as toad licker...arise Sir Toad Licker lol

Chelmsford

Are these toads food ?

Manchester (she/her)

"Some toads can be licked to get high

From now on you shall be known as toad licker...arise Sir Toad Licker lol "

I hit a roo one night coming back from Bunbury. I managed to miss one but hit the other and it wrote off the front end of my XR8. It was 4x4's after that with roo bars after that.

Wombats are the cutest things aye?

I'd go back in a heartbeat....best days of my life! "

Mine too. Spent some messy times up in Broome too haven’t done the east coast ... yet

"Are these toads food ?"

Nope lol

North West

"Are these toads food ?"

They've run rampant through Australia, no natural predators, they're poisonous (all previously explained here). Do you THINK they're food, Tom?

Chelmsford

The legs must be good eating surely like frog legs

Chelmsford

"Are these toads food ?

They've run rampant through Australia, no natural predators, they're poisonous (all previously explained here). Do you THINK they're food, Tom?"

Depends how you cook them..

North West

"Are these toads food ?

They've run rampant through Australia, no natural predators, they're poisonous (all previously explained here). Do you THINK they're food, Tom?

"

Tom, you go ahead and eat a cane toad. Send us a postcard to let us know how you get on

Chelmsford

"Are these toads food ?

Tom, you go ahead and eat a cane toad. Send us a postcard to let us know how you get on "

Do they attack

derby

"Toads ?

They are big and ugly things but you gotta love 'em lol"

I keep thinging of jabba the hutt in star wars now similar likeness obviously..

Mine too. Spent some messy times up in Broome too haven’t done the east coast ... yet"

Whoa!!! Way up there in WA...nice one

North West

"Are these toads food ?

Tom, you go ahead and eat a cane toad. Send us a postcard to let us know how you get on

Do they attack "

Dunno. You're going to go a catch one to eat, obviously, so include that in your postcard. Who knows? There might be a scientific journal article in this for you

Manchester (she/her)

"Are these toads food ?

Tom, you go ahead and eat a cane toad. Send us a postcard to let us know how you get on "

Chelmsford

"Are these toads food ?

Do they attack

Dunno. You're going to go a catch one to eat, obviously, so include that in your postcard. Who knows? There might be a scientific journal article in this for you "

Are they a danger

North West

"Are these toads food ?

Do they attack

Dunno. You're going to go a catch one to eat, obviously, so include that in your postcard. Who knows? There might be a scientific journal article in this for you

Are they a danger "

Dunno. You tell us. You might need a big postcard

Mine too. Spent some messy times up in Broome too haven’t done the east coast ... yet

Whoa!!! Way up there in WA...nice one "

Mostly stayed in the suburbs of Perth but took a domestic flight for a holiday within a holiday to Broome was incredible.

[Removed by poster at 29/11/20 20:29:01]

Surprised no ones mentioned the drop bears yet ...

Those things are lethal

Chelmsford

They are just bloody toads..

Get over it..

Whoa!!! Way up there in WA...nice one

Mostly stayed in the suburbs of Perth but took a domestic flight for a holiday within a holiday to Broome was incredible. "

Awesome....it's the most amazing place... So glad you got to experience it

North West

"They are just bloody toads..

Get over it.. "

Chelmsford

I read up on them.. a pest but not dangerous...

The brown snake dangerous but not a cane toad...

derby

So people, in Manchester, were talking about bluebottles coming through the window and I'm picturing some shit out of a horror film "

Ah I see that makes sense then ..

Manchester (she/her)

"Surprised no ones mentioned the drop bears yet ...

Those things are lethal

"

We did.

But we've moved on to Tom telling Australians about cane toads

Chelmsford

"Surprised no ones mentioned the drop bears yet ...

Those things are lethal

We did.

But we've moved on to Tom telling Australians about cane toads "

No.. he is just fascinated by your stories About them

Do they kill

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"It's not on my list of places to visit.. too risky.. "

Yes, that's how i feel about essex

"I read up on them.. a pest but not dangerous...

The brown snake dangerous but not a cane toad..."

Your missing the point Tom, they are poisonous to indigenous animals of Australia and therefore endanger the delicate balanced ecosystem.

They won't eat you

Chelmsford

"It's not on my list of places to visit.. too risky..

Yes, that's how i feel about essex "

No dangerous toads here

what did jeremy clarkson say about australia?

North West

No dangerous toads here "

No, but there's clearly other very dangerous features about the county of Essex

Stockport

Your own, or do you do each other? Asking for a friend

Manchester (she/her)

Your own, or do you do each other? Asking for a friend "

They don't attack Aussies, so I've never had to find out

North West

They don't attack Aussies, so I've never had to find out "

Are they racist?!

Manchester (she/her)

They don't attack Aussies, so I've never had to find out

Are they racist?! "

Political incorrectness in Australia? Never

Chelmsford

"what did jeremy clarkson say about australia?"

Full of Australians ?

Chelmsford

So basically the toads are a nuisance but harmless..

Red Herring

North West

"So basically the toads are a nuisance but harmless..

Red Herring"

They're edible

Chelmsford

Red Herring

They're edible "

But are they tasty ?

Stockport

Red Herring"

I don't think they're red, but maybe they do taste like fish?

Manchester (she/her)

Red Herring

I don't think they're red, but maybe they do taste like fish?"

Fish are another introduced species which are a problem

North West

Red Herring

They're edible

But are they tasty ?"

Dunno. Have you ever considered a cookery programme? Toads and red herring

Manchester (she/her)

Red Herring

They're edible

But are they tasty ?

Dunno. Have you ever considered a cookery programme? Toads and red herring "

Add some Bogong moths and witchetty grubs for some proper bush tucker

Stockport

I'm sure that i heard something about a farmer in essex trying out the toad thing. Thought they might keep the pests away from his sugar beet crop. Didn't work out, i believe that the toads escaped. Could have been somewhere near Colchester?

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm sure that i heard something about a farmer in essex trying out the toad thing. Thought they might keep the pests away from his sugar beet crop. Didn't work out, i believe that the toads escaped. Could have been somewhere near Colchester?"

Sugar beet toads?

"what did jeremy clarkson say about australia?

Full of Australians ?"

Probably that they build the fastest cars lol.

Despite what you think Tom its not like living up a tree in Jurassic Park...

Its the most beautiful place I've ever been to and I'm proud to still retain my permanent residency.

Aussies don't live in fear of killer man eating toads or giant deadly galah's... its life just like it is here with hotter summers, better beaches and a swimming pool 6ft from your bedroom window.

derby

No dangerous toads here "

people keep them as pets in glass box,s or terrariums most likely in the uk too check out here on the cane toad.. THE AMPHIBIAN .co.uk not a species you want people releaseing thou thats for sure or fed up of looking after.

Manchester (she/her)

Full of Australians ?

Its the most beautiful place I've ever been to and I'm proud to still retain my permanent residency.

Aussies don't live in fear of killer man eating toads or giant deadly galah's... its life just like it is here with hotter summers, better beaches and a swimming pool 6ft from your bedroom window. "

I worry about flamin' galahs rather than killer galahs

And magpies in swooping season.

And future gardening presenters with golden boxing gloves

Stockport

Full of Australians ?

Aussies don't live in fear of killer man eating toads or giant deadly galah's... its life just like it is here with hotter summers, better beaches and a swimming pool 6ft from your bedroom window. "

If i had a swimming pool 6ft from my bedroom window, my bed would be underwater...

No joke about the magpies aye? I remember on 7 news seeing a girl in Mandurah who'd had any eye pecked out by one. They used to dive bomb me walking the dog in nesting season.

It was only then I realised the cable ties worn on cycling helmets weren't a fashion statement haha.

Manchester (she/her)

"No joke about the magpies aye? I remember on 7 news seeing a girl in Mandurah who'd had any eye pecked out by one. They used to dive bomb me walking the dog in nesting season.

It was only then I realised the cable ties worn on cycling helmets weren't a fashion statement haha."

Definitely not a joke

Used to walk home from primary school wearing an empty (clean) ice cream container on my head. Head down and quickly as possible

North West

Full of Australians ?

Aussies don't live in fear of killer man eating toads or giant deadly galah's... its life just like it is here with hotter summers, better beaches and a swimming pool 6ft from your bedroom window.

If i had a swimming pool 6ft from my bedroom window, my bed would be underwater..."

Polly, you're in Manchester. Being underwater is par for the course

Stockport

Full of Australians ?

If i had a swimming pool 6ft from my bedroom window, my bed would be underwater...

Polly, you're in Manchester. Being underwater is par for the course "

Tis true, we evolve gills...

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Inaswingdress is hot a anyway, whether she's in Australia or rainy Manchester

"No joke about the magpies aye? I remember on 7 news seeing a girl in Mandurah who'd had any eye pecked out by one. They used to dive bomb me walking the dog in nesting season.

It was only then I realised the cable ties worn on cycling helmets weren't a fashion statement haha.

Definitely not a joke

Used to walk home from primary school wearing an empty (clean) ice cream container on my head. Head down and quickly as possible"

I can imagine, many a time I've swung the dogs lead above my head in defence.

Damn it all this talks making me feel homesick

Manchester (she/her)

"Inaswingdress is hot a anyway, whether she's in Australia or rainy Manchester "

Manchester (she/her)

Definitely not a joke

Used to walk home from primary school wearing an empty (clean) ice cream container on my head. Head down and quickly as possible

Damn it all this talks making me feel homesick "

Stockport

Definitely not a joke

Damn it all this talks making me feel homesick "

I hope you didn't still have the dog on the end of the lead Though i guess that a flying dog would be a decent deterrent against the birds...

Chelmsford

Methinks your winding me up.. magpies, giant toads..

What about brown snakes and funnel web spiders and black widows..

Manchester (she/her)

My mum used to catch the funnelwebs in the backyard and take them to the hospital for antivenom

Chelmsford

"My mum used to catch the funnelwebs in the backyard and take them to the hospital for antivenom"

You joke me

Manchester (she/her)

"My mum used to catch the funnelwebs in the backyard and take them to the hospital for antivenom

You joke me "

Nope

Chelmsford

"My mum used to catch the funnelwebs in the backyard and take them to the hospital for antivenom

You joke me

Nope"

Did you have anti venom injections close in case

Manchester (she/her)

You joke me

Nope

Did you have anti venom injections close in case "

Well in the hospital she was taking them to...

Stockport

"My mum used to catch the funnelwebs in the backyard and take them to the hospital for antivenom"

Did the funnelwebs bite their own lips then? Is that why they needed giving some antivenom?

North West

"Methinks your winding me up.. magpies, giant toads..

What about brown snakes and funnel web spiders and black widows.."

Black widows? Do you mean Scottish widows? That nice lady in the red Cape on the telly ads?

Stockport

"Methinks your winding me up.. magpies, giant toads..

What about brown snakes and funnel web spiders and black widows..

Black widows? Do you mean Scottish widows? That nice lady in the red Cape on the telly ads?"

Perhaps confusing the black horse with the scottish widow...

Manchester (she/her)

Did the funnelwebs bite their own lips then? Is that why they needed giving some antivenom?"

I've never gotten up close enough to find out

Manchester (she/her)

The cicadas must be defeating given the heat.

Chelmsford

These Oz buggers are serious players.. glad I don't live there

Manchester (she/her)

Chelmsford

How these ozzie's sleep at night is beyond me.

North West

"These Oz buggers are serious players.. glad I don't live there "

I'm far more fearful of trip to Colchester

North West

"How these ozzie's sleep at night is beyond me."

Carefully

Stockport

Did the funnelwebs bite their own lips then? Is that why they needed giving some antivenom?

I've never gotten up close enough to find out "

I think it's rather sad that they can poison themselves. Very compassionate of your mum to take them to the hospital and get them treated.

Chelmsford

I have no axe to grind with the Ozzie's.. they are all descended from convicts after all but living with these dangerous beasts was punishment enough ..

How they survived so long I don't know

Stockport

"The cicadas must be defeating given the heat."

They are probably quite deafening as well...

Manchester (she/her)

"The cicadas must be defeating given the heat.

They are probably quite deafening as well..."

Fucking auto carrot

Manchester (she/her)

https://youtu.be/kdihHnaOQsk

Manchester (she/her)

"How these ozzie's sleep at night is beyond me.

Carefully "

Stockport

Fucking auto carrot "

You have killer carrots as well? Even the vegetables are dangerous.

"I have no axe to grind with the Ozzie's.. they are all descended from convicts after all but living with these dangerous beasts was punishment enough ..

How they survived so long I don't know"

Your ignorance is awe-inspiring. They are not all descendants of convicts at all.

Really I suggest you find out what your talking about

Whats more dangerous than any animal or insect is a lack of intelligence

Manchester (she/her)

Fucking auto carrot

You have killer carrots as well? Even the vegetables are dangerous."

I did once wince watching Jamie Oliver bite into dunny fruit, completely oblivious.

Manchester (she/her)

"I have no axe to grind with the Ozzie's.. they are all descended from convicts after all but living with these dangerous beasts was punishment enough ..

Your ignorance is awe-inspiring. They are not all descendants of convicts at all.

Whats more dangerous than any animal or insect is a lack of intelligence "

I'm descended from convicts

Whats more dangerous than any animal or insect is a lack of intelligence

I'm descended from convicts "

I could tell by the way you've stolen my

As Australians Tom you really are a Wally

derby

"How these ozzie's sleep at night is beyond me.

Carefully

"

Possums can be quite tame saw one on you tube sleeping in a out building of someones property I think it was in a hammock or something similar quite tame for a wild animal.