FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Now and Then

Now and Then

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

From when you first joined Fab to now, how much has your profile and outlook changed on here?

Were you someone who just messaged randomly and now rarely message?

Did you join merely for sex but now enjoy the social side just as much, if not more?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’ve been here a while (although this is my first day back since about April)

My profile has changed over the years but I haven’t changed it in months. I don’t message as much as I used to. Probably the reason is I’m 50 and not in many people’s age ranges.

By *00KissesCouple  over a year ago

Stourbridge

We joined to get on guest list for xtasia...

Can't do that currently..

But now enjoy forums and debating wether to try some cam play.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I started out as a couple and now I'm single...nothing to do with swinging.

But even as a single my approach and what I'm looking for has evolved. I've cometely rewritten my profile a few times (as a sidenote, it's amazing how the tone of messages received differs when the tone of your profile is different). I started off being adamant that I just wanted one-off meets, completely NSA...now I much prefer regular meets and the social side.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I started out on fab as part of a couple ...here on my own for just over a year, don’t reply to many messages these days unless they particularly grab my interest

When I first joined in 2010, I was in full sexual predator mode

It was about meets, meets, meets

Then I discovered the forums and the will to meet for sex slowed a lot

I made 2 or 3 good mates, who I'm glad to say I'm still in touch with whether I'm here or not

Ten years on, a lot of water and several profiles under the bridge, I come here mainly for you guys

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

My profile has remained pretty much unchanged since day one to be honest

As for my outlook, that's certainly evolved over time both in terms of my attitude to the site and the experience I'm looking to get from the place - my approach is fairly constant though, still try to present as authentic a version of me as I can in textual format. Never really did go for the messaging people "blind" approach either - always felt a bit cold and clinical, found it much easier to build connections via the forum.

With all that is going on currently I'm not looking to make new connections right now either.

I came here as a couple over 10 years ago so the dynamic has totally changed anyway.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I became active 3 years ago and my profile evolved over the course of a year until what it currently is.

I'm far less flirty than I once was and certainly the novelty has worn off. Changes i've seen have mainly occured since COVID began and not for the better, sadly.

"I’ve been here a while (although this is my first day back since about April)

My profile has changed over the years but I haven’t changed it in months. I don’t message as much as I used to. Probably the reason is I’m 50 and not in many people’s age ranges. "

I was only thinking about you recently

It’s nice to see you back.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

We started out as soft swing and quite shy.

Now Mrs has her own profile and we believe it's given her a great deal of confidence and most importantly we don't take ourselves or swinging too seriously.

Out look has changed so much over the year I been on and off fab from 2010

At first it was more for just sex but as I gotten older as I was still young when I joined and still in my shell afraid off what people would think

Now it more open up to the social side off things and geting to know people and have fun days out and night out obviously post Covid as well as the sex

But now it seems sex is starting to fall down the list of priorities more interested in meeting and becoming friends with like minded people

Had is it leads to sex that’s a bonus if it doesn’t then still had a grate night out and I shour we have more even if sex isn’t on the cards

I'm not sure my profile or outlook has changed much in the 3 or so years I've been here...I was cynical when I arrived.

By *igmaMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I was young & stupid when I first joined

Now I’m old & stupid

"I came here as a couple over 10 years ago so the dynamic has totally changed anyway. "

Wow we must have joined or first times around the same time it’s scary to think how fast time flys x

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

When I first started swinging, about 15 years ago I was very enthusiastic. Wandering off at all hours, meeting people I barely knew, spending weekends travelling up and down the country going to large social gatherings.

Now, largely due to my work in the crimial justice sector, I'm very, very careful (perhaps too much) about who I meet. I haven't met anyone new for about 18 months.

"I'm not sure my profile or outlook has changed much in the 3 or so years I've been here...I was cynical when I arrived.

"

I was quite innocent when I first joined, I’m now extremely cynical.

"When I first started swinging, about 15 years ago I was very enthusiastic. Wandering off at all hours, meeting people I barely knew, spending weekends travelling up and down the country going to large social gatherings.

Now, largely due to my work in the crimial justice sector, I'm very, very careful (perhaps too much) about who I meet. I haven't met anyone new for about 18 months."

I cringe when I think of things I did when I first joined. I was very trusting of people and took lots of risks.

I’d be much more wary now if I was meeting (if it was possible obviously)

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

My outlook on fab has changed quite a lot (particularly recently)

My profile has only had two versions, the latest only a few months ago. Despite my age, my inbox still has regular footfall

I now know what I’m looking for and what to look for. The social side has turned out to be far more fruitful than I imagined

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

When I first joined I thought I was one of the unlucky ones to have been through an abusive relationship and find myself here, looking to spread my wings, meet new people and learn about the dynamics of relationships that were so concrete and full of love (plus a whole host of kinky shizzle)

Took about a year for me to discover that I wasn't all that unlucky at all. That actually there are more twisted, manipulative and sneaky cunts roaming this earth and on here than I could have ever believed possible. Those concrete couples, those in truly beautiful relationships are actually the minority group and an awful lot of people here are "damaged"

Whether that be carrying hurt or lacking trust, to seeing other people as objects to use and abuse, or even worse, get a kick out of manipulating.

I believe I'm truly blessed to have made the friends I have, but believe me, I've also come across some bad apples.

I'm more cynical now than I've ever been in my life and I've no intention of meeting anyone new. Socials for me and maybe the odd rendezvous with those I've met before.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I've been here 18 months, spent the first 5 months like a kid in a sweet shop busy building my poly stable, found the forums and fab party socials in november.

I am very content playing with my local long term regular friends and occasionally the long distance people that I have connected with. So my profile is very minimal now as I am not looking for anyone new. I am concentrating on what I have

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I’ve been here a while (although this is my first day back since about April)

My profile has changed over the years but I haven’t changed it in months. I don’t message as much as I used to. Probably the reason is I’m 50 and not in many people’s age ranges.

I was only thinking about you recently

It’s nice to see you back."

Thank you

When I joined I genuinely thought I’d find someone to have a relationship! I had a huge ranty profile.

Now I know I’d never find anyone off here so I just use the place for the forums now.

» Add a new message to this topic