FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Skiing / boarding

Skiing / boarding

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eedsmale36 OP   Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Anybody got away this year or plans to get away ?

Interested to hear your views for next season, just booked for 30th Jan 2022 but will it happen ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

We have deferred ours till 2022, there's quite a lot of us going so we need to get it right

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I've never been abroad I will go to the Scottish ones if I can

By *melf1Couple  over a year ago

Stoneybridge

Plenty of lovely snow up here just not open. Have been boarding in several European countries but there's no place like home, if its sunny

Let's hope for lockdown easing and a cracking April.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never been skiing but its on my bucket list... Hopefully 2022.. Recommendations?

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

i can skiing but i was quite good in snowboarding when i lived in Switzerland

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Rebooked for same place in Jan 21 and hoping we will be able to go. Skiing for me, not a fan of boarding so much.

"Rebooked for same place in Jan 21 and hoping we will be able to go. Skiing for me, not a fan of boarding so much. "
Where would that be? Looking to add to recommendations. Thanks

"Rebooked for same place in Jan 21 and hoping we will be able to go. Skiing for me, not a fan of boarding so much. Where would that be? Looking to add to recommendations. Thanks "
ooohh and you don't have to give exact place you are staying on a public forum!! Just the resort area is good for me!!

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Rebooked for same place in Jan 21 and hoping we will be able to go. Skiing for me, not a fan of boarding so much. Where would that be? Looking to add to recommendations. Thanks "

I love Austria for its hospitality and great slopes. Not as high as Mont Blanc area (Chamonix for example) but less crowded, less pushy at slopes and food places much better value for money. I guess it is a personal preference.

"Rebooked for same place in Jan 21 and hoping we will be able to go. Skiing for me, not a fan of boarding so much. Where would that be? Looking to add to recommendations. Thanks

I love Austria for its hospitality and great slopes. Not as high as Mont Blanc area (Chamonix for example) but less crowded, less pushy at slopes and food places much better value for money. I guess it is a personal preference. "

Austria seems really popular and I imagine the resorts would be good there too. Thanks for the tip.. This time next year please god i might get to go. Friends have been and said its great fun. Might pick up some ski gear during summer when it's cheap! Thanks again

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

All but written this season off. We had hoped to get away March/April but it's highly unlikely now.

Hopefully (crosses everything) if all goes to plan I want to get away 3 times next year... Once with the husband as he learns and two trips with 'the boys'.

Thinking Bansko, Austra (we love Bad Gastein) and either Passo Tonale or Val Thorens.

Leeds

"All but written this season off. We had hoped to get away March/April but it's highly unlikely now.

Hopefully (crosses everything) if all goes to plan I want to get away 3 times next year... Once with the husband as he learns and two trips with 'the boys'.

Thinking Bansko, Austra (we love Bad Gastein) and either Passo Tonale or Val Thorens. "

Love VT, nice and high

Leeds

"Rebooked for same place in Jan 21 and hoping we will be able to go. Skiing for me, not a fan of boarding so much. Where would that be? Looking to add to recommendations. Thanks

I love Austria for its hospitality and great slopes. Not as high as Mont Blanc area (Chamonix for example) but less crowded, less pushy at slopes and food places much better value for money. I guess it is a personal preference. Austria seems really popular and I imagine the resorts would be good there too. Thanks for the tip.. This time next year please god i might get to go. Friends have been and said its great fun. Might pick up some ski gear during summer when it's cheap! Thanks again "

Anywhere is good if your on the mountain having fun but I tend to go to big areas like the 3 valleys or Morzine / Avoriaz if I’m away for the week, plenty of choice with runs.

Leeds

"Plenty of lovely snow up here just not open. Have been boarding in several European countries but there's no place like home, if its sunny

Let's hope for lockdown easing and a cracking April....."

I’ve skied and boarded since 1988 all over the US / Canada / Europe but the coldest I have ever been in my life was stuck on a chair lift in Glenshee around 1996 it was a clear sunny day but absolutely Baltic !

Leeds

"I've never been abroad I will go to the Scottish ones if I can "

I can’t see those opening this season the way things are going unfortunately.

Is Glencoe still open ? I know it closed for a few years but heard it opened again, had some fun weekends their back in the late 90,s not a big area but enough to scratch the itch

Not much hope of getting away this season. I’ll be hitting Castleford a lot more than usual this year (when everything finally opens). It’s not the same but better than nothing,

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’m hoping to be back in Morzine in 2022

Leeds

"Not much hope of getting away this season. I’ll be hitting Castleford a lot more than usual this year (when everything finally opens). It’s not the same but better than nothing, "

I live 5 mins from Xscape at Cas, will go to try the new board out.

Leeds

"I’m hoping to be back in Morzine in 2022 "

Love Morzine

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I’m hoping to be back in Morzine in 2022

Love Morzine "

Me too, it’s a great resort

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"I've never been abroad I will go to the Scottish ones if I can

I can’t see those opening this season the way things are going unfortunately.

Is Glencoe still open ? I know it closed for a few years but heard it opened again, had some fun weekends their back in the late 90,s not a big area but enough to scratch the itch "

There's 5 in total in Scotland, none of which are open for anyone outside of the local area, they're checking & cancelling passes.

So no they might as well be shut...

"Not much hope of getting away this season. I’ll be hitting Castleford a lot more than usual this year (when everything finally opens). It’s not the same but better than nothing,

I live 5 mins from Xscape at Cas, will go to try the new board out. "

That’s very handy, they’ve been trying to build on up near me for years but It keeps falling through

» Add a new message to this topic