FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Breaking up in lockdown ?

Breaking up in lockdown ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *alefun OP   Man  over a year ago

sale

Has anyone else been through this? Me and my partner just have but can’t go anywhere. How do you get through it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone else been through this? Me and my partner just have but can’t go anywhere. How do you get through it?"

My entire divorce has been through lockdown, you just get on with it and deal with the pain.

Use lockdown to prepare for new beginnings

"Has anyone else been through this? Me and my partner just have but can’t go anywhere. How do you get through it?"

Do you mean you're still in the same house?

I broke up with my partner in October. There's nothing to make the pain go away other than time acceptance.

sale

Yes in the same house, it’s difficult, I’m in the spare room. Been together 11 years so it’s hard right now

"Yes in the same house, it’s difficult, I’m in the spare room. Been together 11 years so it’s hard right now "

Is she on here too? That would be awkward.....

sale

No she isn’t on here...that would be a surprise

"Yes in the same house, it’s difficult, I’m in the spare room. Been together 11 years so it’s hard right now "

When my ex husband and I decided to separate 6 years ago we lived in the same house for 6 months. It was very difficult even though we still got on relatively well. A bit like being in a pressure cooker. Hopefully lockdown won't continue for another 6 months and you can both have your own space soon enough. I'd even recommend staying with family beforehand if it gets too much.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

That is so tough OP. Just take a day at a time and try to find a way of one of you moving out.

sale

"Yes in the same house, it’s difficult, I’m in the spare room. Been together 11 years so it’s hard right now

When my ex husband and I decided to separate 6 years ago we lived in the same house for 6 months. It was very difficult even though we still got on relatively well. A bit like being in a pressure cooker. Hopefully lockdown won't continue for another 6 months and you can both have your own space soon enough. I'd even recommend staying with family beforehand if it gets too much."

Yes she’s trying to stay at her family if she can, we don’t live close to them so can’t just go straight away. I know how much she’s hurting so it’s hard to both be here. Thanks for the advice though x

That must be very hard. My ex moved out a couple of months before lockdown but we’d been living together in separate rooms for about a year before that.

We functioned well as friends though as it has become that long before we moved to separate beds.

Being able to go out and to spend weekends away from each other really helped.

I guess you need to keep talking and to respect each other’s feelings. I wouldn’t be sitting texting the people or scrolling through fab while in the same room. Save that for when you’re alone in your bedroom.

Now you’ve agreed it’s over I’d try to just be friends. No sniping at each other over past arguments etc.

Good luck

sale

"Yes in the same house, it’s difficult, I’m in the spare room. Been together 11 years so it’s hard right now

That must be very hard. My ex moved out a couple of months before lockdown but we’d been living together in separate rooms for about a year before that.

We functioned well as friends though as it has become that long before we moved to separate beds.

Being able to go out and to spend weekends away from each other really helped.

I guess you need to keep talking and to respect each other’s feelings. I wouldn’t be sitting texting the people or scrolling through fab while in the same room. Save that for when you’re alone in your bedroom.

Now you’ve agreed it’s over I’d try to just be friends. No sniping at each other over past arguments etc.

Good luck "

Thank you

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

You're here so you've already mentally checked out. Plan your next step whilst trying to remain civil.

I mentally checked out of my marriage and planned my future. I wasn't going to leave until my youngest was going to secondary school that meant two years in limbo, but we got through it...so will you.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You are allowed to move home during lockdown

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

My ex and I broke up whilst we were still living together and he stayed until he got himself sorted.

It was fairly amicable and eventually I waved him off

and wished him well.

He pops in for a coffee on the odd occasion.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"My ex and I broke up whilst we were still living together and he stayed until he got himself sorted.

and wished him well.

He pops in for a coffee on the odd occasion."

Just coffee ?

Or does he slip his hand into your tight Lacy knickers for old times sake ?

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"My ex and I broke up whilst we were still living together and he stayed until he got himself sorted.

and wished him well.

He pops in for a coffee on the odd occasion.

Just coffee ?

Or does he slip his hand into your tight Lacy knickers for old times sake ? "

Just coffee...been there done that and I don't want to do it again

sale

All giving good helpful advice... it’s good to hear it all

» Add a new message to this topic