FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > workplace pension advice please

workplace pension advice please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

Long one but stick with me please.

I (her) work in a local authority school, my workplace pension was paid into the local authority pension scheme (workplace)

Just over a year ago, my job was contracted out to another company, a private contractor, each payday, the private company take out my pension scheme contribution and I thought they were putting it into NEST pensions as that is who they are with.

Recently found out that the private contractor is holding onto our pension money because (in their words) they are trying to put it and keep it with our other money in the local authority scheme, this so far has taken about 13 months and we have all (work colleagues) tried to get answers but no one seems to know or do anything.

My question is, what can we all do?? is there a "body" we can report our concerns to?? any help/ideas would be welcome. hope this all makes sense.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *indergirlWoman  over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Financial conduct authority is who I would go to with anything like that

notts

"Financial conduct authority is who I would go to with anything like that"

That's an idea, thank you

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

If it’s a Defined Benefit pension you maybe stuck. If it’s a Defined Contribution fund then you can invest in whatever fund suits you best.

notts

"If it’s a Defined Benefit pension you maybe stuck. If it’s a Defined Contribution fund then you can invest in whatever fund suits you best. "

it's the compulsory government workplace pension, you have to opt out or you're automatically put into it,

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Were you TUPED from the LA/School to the third party?

If so then as part of that they should be able to lay into your LGPS and only pay into a different pension if you opted out of the LGPS.

That is what happened to me when we were outsourced to a 3rd party from a LA.

But pension issues can be serious so you need to take this up with your employer amd former employer if you were TUPED.

Failing that seek legal advice.

My employer fucked up with 1 of our employees by taking them out of the LGPS and putting them into the company pension. They ended up having to lay £1000’s in employee contributions due to how the calculations worked out.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Tarka trail

Have you contacted the local authority pension department.

I personally would be worried that the private company that you work for now. Has not taken the money out from there.

Your new boss could be a R Maxwell

notts

"Were you TUPED from the LA/School to the third party?

If so then as part of that they should be able to lay into your LGPS and only pay into a different pension if you opted out of the LGPS.

But pension issues can be serious so you need to take this up with your employer amd former employer if you were TUPED.

My employer fucked up with 1 of our employees by taking them out of the LGPS and putting them into the company pension. They ended up having to lay £1000’s in employee contributions due to how the calculations worked out."

these jokers are not putting it into anything... big company with thousands of employees and they are holding it in their personal account is what they told me when i made enquiries with them

By *octor DeleriumMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"

My question is, what can we all do?? is there a "body" we can report our concerns to?? any help/ideas would be welcome. hope this all makes sense."

I'd be inclined to telephone the local Citizen's Advice Bureau on Monday armed with a very large mug of coffee, a pen and a pad of A4 paper.

CAB are incredibly helpful and will provide information on the most appropriate way forward.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My employer fucked up with 1 of our employees by taking them out of the LGPS and putting them into the company pension. They ended up having to lay £1000’s in employee contributions due to how the calculations worked out.

these jokers are not putting it into anything... big company with thousands of employees and they are holding it in their personal account is what they told me when i made enquiries with them"

I had a similar problem with Local Authority I worked for not putting my pension contributions into my Teachers Pension. It got paid in finally but there is a loophole that they can defer paying them in for 2 years. Government needs to treat pension contributions like VAT and ensure all monies are paid in quarterly to stop companies spending it. If you belong to a Union I suggest you get them involved.

notts

these jokers are not putting it into anything... big company with thousands of employees and they are holding it in their personal account is what they told me when i made enquiries with them

I had a similar problem with Local Authority I worked for not putting my pension contributions into my Teachers Pension. It got paid in finally but there is a loophole that they can defer paying them in for 2 years. Government needs to treat pension contributions like VAT and ensure all monies are paid in quarterly to stop companies spending it. If you belong to a Union I suggest you get them involved. "

didn't know about the loophole, thanks, will look in to that

notts

"

My question is, what can we all do?? is there a "body" we can report our concerns to?? any help/ideas would be welcome. hope this all makes sense.

I'd be inclined to telephone the local Citizen's Advice Bureau on Monday armed with a very large mug of coffee, a pen and a pad of A4 paper.

CAB are incredibly helpful and will provide information on the most appropriate way forward.

"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had a similar problem with Local Authority I worked for not putting my pension contributions into my Teachers Pension. It got paid in finally but there is a loophole that they can defer paying them in for 2 years. Government needs to treat pension contributions like VAT and ensure all monies are paid in quarterly to stop companies spending it. If you belong to a Union I suggest you get them involved.

didn't know about the loophole, thanks, will look in to that"

I only found out because I asked my pension provider for a pension forecast as I wanted to take it early and it had almost 2 years contributions missing - both their contributions and mine that had been deducted from my pay. Took about 3 months of constant nagging to get it paid and interest on top so I didn’t miss out when I started my pension.

» Add a new message to this topic