FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is it wrong? to have feelings ?

Is it wrong? to have feelings ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now we are humans with feelings is that so wrong to show that here in forum posts ... and only should show your feelings to friends and family ... as some see it as week and not a thing to do. ? I have over my time come cross liars cheats and all sorts but i have to stay true to myself and say it how i feel it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iker BullMan  over a year ago

leeds

As long as you stay true to yourself,who cares what others think

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you air your personal life on here then you have to expect good and bad responses.

Everyone has feelings but there is a time and place for everything.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"If you air your personal life on here then you have to expect good and bad responses.

Everyone has feelings but there is a time and place for everything. "

My thoughts exactly....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"If you air your personal life on here then you have to expect good and bad responses.

I agree, i say lots on here but there is lots i dont say. I said on a thread last night a couple of months ago i really opened my heart up on here which is out of character for me. I logged off and didnt log in for three weeks, when i realized id posted so vulnerably i really expected to come back to people saying i was attention seeking. I couldnt believe the response i got it really overwhelmed me, i think maybe the reason was, that i am a regular and those that know and see my threads no it was very out of character. If someone posts everyday emotional stuff it looses any meaning. We all have a breaking point but i dont think its good to constantly go on about negative things.

People can do all sorts of things to themselves if they don't let them out .. Turn into strange people with real hang-ups too.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 30/07/12 09:29:24]

Everyone has feelings but there is a time and place for everything.

I agree, i say lots on here but there is lots i dont say. I said on a thread last night a couple of months ago i really opened my heart up on here which is out of character for me. I logged off and didnt log in for three weeks, when i realized id posted so vulnerably i really expected to come back to people saying i was attention seeking. I couldnt believe the response i got it really overwhelmed me, i think maybe the reason was, that i am a regular and those that know and see my threads no it was very out of character. If someone posts everyday emotional stuff it looses any meaning. We all have a breaking point but i dont think its good to constantly go on about negative things."

I am the same there is lots you just don't say openly on a forum if you have any common seance. You don't give exact locations, you don't give child names or any details on them, you dont give away birthdays or proximity, you dont give bank details and avoid spilling your heart on relationships. Fine to pm people you trust if you want but why on earth someone would want to give personal details to people you don't know or even know exists watching in the background is foolhardy at best.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Post what you like but expect a reaction, after all that's why you post. If you are posting something that impacts other members of the site, do so respectfully, honestly and fairly.

And when offering advice, guidance and kindness do so with genuine intent, consistency and not driven by the OP's genitalia. There is difference between being direct and rudeness.

and all underpinned by your own dignity, once lost it is often difficult to recover.

I'm a very caring person and I do tend to speak from my heart. It's who I can't and won't change that. Yes I've been hurt before and I'll be hurt again I'm sure by being so open but it's who I am. I refrain from posting too much in here cause I've read enough to know I wouldnt like all the negative that comes with it but that's just me.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I'm a very caring person and I do tend to speak from my heart. It's who I can't and won't change that. Yes I've been hurt before and I'll be hurt again I'm sure by being so open but it's who I am. I refrain from posting too much in here cause I've read enough to know I wouldnt like all the negative that comes with it but that's just me. "

Yes it's okay to have feelings.

Without them you'd be DEAD. Literally.

This keeps going round and round and round and round.

I'm asking a serious question - WHY do the people who empathise think they have the monopoly on caring?

Why do the people who empathise think they have the right to call those that don't _ncaring?

Why do the people that empathise or agree with the person seeking comment think that anyone who doesn't agree is being negative?

I SERIOUSLY think that there is a gross misuse of both words 'caring' and 'negative'.

Both words are being used to gain ground on a moral issue that never exists until someone makes it a moral issue by trying to say that their response is 'nice' and someone who doesn't agree is 'nasty'

It is underdeveloped thinking at best.

King's Crustacean

Mercedes

I have quoted you by mistake. My response was not to you but to the whole thread.

nowt wrong with it at all jo

not everyone is comfy with other people showing emotion though

"Now we are humans with feelings is that so wrong to show that here in forum posts ... and only should show your feelings to friends and family ... as some see it as week and not a thing to do. ? I have over my time come cross liars cheats and all sorts but i have to stay true to myself and say it how i feel it."

Of course its not wrong babe we have feelings and the forumsa re a great place to show them.

I say stay true to yourself babe

I think in life what we give out we get back ..and what we think about ourselves become the truth for us .. I am responsible for things in my life the best and the worst .. my thoughts I think the words I speak and wright are my own ..I need peace and harmony and a balace of mind .. and only way for me is to be true to myself ...I dont wish to be a victim of victims frightend and scared and look just on the negative side of life, I like to think positive and posting here helps at times .. I tell you if it was not for some here .. I may have got in a right old mess .. Its not about getting one over on people its not about whos better at wrighting and running rings around people and others looking on as gives them some sort of a power trip .... its about people getting on with others And no ones the same .

I am too transparent for my own good, and peeps can read me like a book, as I show my feelings all the time.

Recently I mentioned to someone that I am rather fond of another person, to be informed that everyone already knows about it, as it is so blooming obvious that I like him!

"I am too transparent for my own good, and peeps can read me like a book, as I show my feelings all the time.

Recently I mentioned to someone that I am rather fond of another person, to be informed that everyone already knows about it, as it is so blooming obvious that I like him!

"

well i think thats really sweet xxxxx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I always ask or wonder the question 'why?', for the actions and steps some people take in their life.

You're quite right, we all do have feelings, we're not human without them.

Perhaps reflect on why you want to share your feelings so liberally with us all. What is it you want to achieve from us knowing your intimate feelings?

When you're clearer on what is that you want to achieve, perhaps then reflect on what it is that you're likely to achieve, from potentially thousands of us on Fab that you do not know. If it's realistic that others would not be interested, might be upset etc, or something that's potentially negative, then question yourself on if this is really fulfiling your motivation.

If you're enlightening, helping others feel more content or fulfiled, or something that's enriching, then it's possibly a bonus.

But, after you've been honest with yourself about why you want/need to share a liberal dose of your feelings, largely amongst strangers, and whether this would generally be socially appropriate for the situation, then you may be on a more sound footing.

Do you pass strangers in public largely sharing some similar stuff (albeit, not related to swinging) etc. Some people do, others don't.

In general, if we've got positive intentions for others, know likely outcomes from what we're doing and are flexible enough to adjust our behaviours such that we modify what's happening, based on feedback, then we're more likely to be cultivating good relationships with others. Most of us on here won't meet you in the flesh, but we touch each other virtually, as you've done by opening this thread.

Good luck!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't think it is wrong, it just isn't what I would normally do....and I just ignore any threads if needed.

I do however think it depends on who is showing their feelings as to what reaction they get and who from.

For me the internet isn't the place to share too much information, but then I am a private person in real life too, so wouldn't be sharing any problems I may have with a shed load of people anyway....but if people want to do so then I am not going to say that they shouldn't.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I don't think it is wrong, it just isn't what I would normally do....and I just ignore any threads if needed.

I do however think it depends on who is showing their feelings as to what reaction they get and who from.

For me the internet isn't the place to share too much information, but then I am a private person in real life too, so wouldn't be sharing any problems I may have with a shed load of people anyway....but if people want to do so then I am not going to say that they shouldn't."

i read this and thought Ruggers said this before, I just noticed you added to it. I thought I had lost a few minutes

There are things I do not share with others, however, not much.

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

Some people use forums as a form of anonymous group therapy.

By *ncMan  over a year ago

Dudley

" Yes it's okay to have feelings. Without them you'd be DEAD. Literally.

This keeps going round and round and round and round.

I'm asking a serious question - WHY do the people who empathise think they have the monopoly on caring?"

Who has either stated or implied that they have a monopoly on caring?

"Why do the people who empathise think they have the right to call those that don't _ncaring?"

Because they have the same right to comment on a post as you have. If they perceive a post as _ncaring and say so, how is that different from you perceiving a post as 'wallowing' and saying so?

"Why do the people that empathise or agree with the person seeking comment think that anyone who doesn't agree is being negative?"

When comments are perceived as being negative, what do you expect people to say?

"I SERIOUSLY think that there is a gross misuse of both words 'caring' and 'negative'.

Both words are being used to gain ground on a moral issue that never exists until someone makes it a moral issue by trying to say that their response is 'nice' and someone who doesn't agree is 'nasty'"

That is an assumption on your part. In the thread I believe you refer to no one mentioned morality but you. No one said they were nice and anyone else was nasty. Comments were made regarding posts perceived by the majority to be either unneccessary or unsympathetic.

"It is underdeveloped thinking at best. "

Indeed. But on your part in my opinion.

"Some people use forums as a form of anonymous group therapy. "
yes if it helps some why not .. to me it just adds to this forum as if just sex boring x

Whatever people post, there will be empathy / sympathy and also there will be those who come back with nasty or unkind responses. The majority like me, hardly ever post. The point is, whatever is posted will get a response of some kind. It's not what's posted in response that defines you, but how you deal with that response. Same in real life as in 'tinternet world, you control how you respond.

King's Crustacean

"Whatever people post, there will be empathy / sympathy and also there will be those who come back with nasty or unkind responses. The majority like me, hardly ever post. The point is, whatever is posted will get a response of some kind. It's not what's posted in response that defines you, but how you deal with that response. Same in real life as in 'tinternet world, you control how you respond."

Disagreeing with a person is not necessarily nasty.

I'd agree with everything else you say.

"Whatever people post, there will be empathy / sympathy and also there will be those who come back with nasty or unkind responses. The majority like me, hardly ever post. The point is, whatever is posted will get a response of some kind. It's not what's posted in response that defines you, but how you deal with that response. Same in real life as in 'tinternet world, you control how you respond."
Well i find if i am true to myself thats how i will respond . You should post more xxx

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

"Some people use forums as a form of anonymous group therapy. yes if it helps some why not .. to me it just adds to this forum as if just sex boring x"

Sometimes empathy is required, sometimes a little joke to raise the mood

Sometimes a vent

Sometimes just the knowledge that someone is listening enough

"Whatever people post, there will be empathy / sympathy and also there will be those who come back with nasty or unkind responses. The majority like me, hardly ever post. The point is, whatever is posted will get a response of some kind. It's not what's posted in response that defines you, but how you deal with that response. Same in real life as in 'tinternet world, you control how you respond.

I'd agree with everything else you say."

Didn't mean it quite that way - just that some would post unkind / nasty replies. Of course disagreeing is not nasty, and everyone should be entitled to an opinion.

"Whatever people post, there will be empathy / sympathy and also there will be those who come back with nasty or unkind responses. The majority like me, hardly ever post. The point is, whatever is posted will get a response of some kind. It's not what's posted in response that defines you, but how you deal with that response. Same in real life as in 'tinternet world, you control how you respond. Well i find if i am true to myself thats how i will respond . You should post more xxx"

Thanks that was a nice thing to say.

"Some people use forums as a form of anonymous group therapy. yes if it helps some why not .. to me it just adds to this forum as if just sex boring x

Sometimes empathy is required, sometimes a little joke to raise the mood

Sometimes a vent

Sometimes just the knowledge that someone is listening enough"

why i love the fourms here on fab its a real mix you just never know what you may read .. x

King's Crustacean

"Whatever people post, there will be empathy / sympathy and also there will be those who come back with nasty or unkind responses. The majority like me, hardly ever post. The point is, whatever is posted will get a response of some kind. It's not what's posted in response that defines you, but how you deal with that response. Same in real life as in 'tinternet world, you control how you respond.

Didn't mean it quite that way - just that some would post unkind / nasty replies. Of course disagreeing is not nasty, and everyone should be entitled to an opinion."

Now I agree with everything you say in your post.

Didn't mean it quite that way - just that some would post unkind / nasty replies. Of course disagreeing is not nasty, and everyone should be entitled to an opinion.

Now I agree with everything you say in your post. "

Now am on a roll today, two people liked my posts.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Once you get three you have to buy the drinks

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

"I always ask or wonder the question 'why?', for the actions and steps some people take in their life.

You're quite right, we all do have feelings, we're not human without them.

Perhaps reflect on why you want to share your feelings so liberally with us all. What is it you want to achieve from us knowing your intimate feelings?

When you're clearer on what is that you want to achieve, perhaps then reflect on what it is that you're likely to achieve, from potentially thousands of us on Fab that you do not know. If it's realistic that others would not be interested, might be upset etc, or something that's potentially negative, then question yourself on if this is really fulfiling your motivation.

If you're enlightening, helping others feel more content or fulfiled, or something that's enriching, then it's possibly a bonus.

But, after you've been honest with yourself about why you want/need to share a liberal dose of your feelings, largely amongst strangers, and whether this would generally be socially appropriate for the situation, then you may be on a more sound footing.

Do you pass strangers in public largely sharing some similar stuff (albeit, not related to swinging) etc. Some people do, others don't.

In general, if we've got positive intentions for others, know likely outcomes from what we're doing and are flexible enough to adjust our behaviours such that we modify what's happening, based on feedback, then we're more likely to be cultivating good relationships with others. Most of us on here won't meet you in the flesh, but we touch each other virtually, as you've done by opening this thread.

Good luck!"

For some, the responses, be they negative or positive, are largely irrelevant. The very act of actually sitting down and putting into words their feelings or fears can be hugely cathartic.

And four means you have to let the single girls loose on you

Dudley

"

Now am on a roll today, two people liked my posts. "

Make that three.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

its a bit like opening your heart to your work 'mates' over the canteen table..

some will openly support you, some will emphasise, some will be _ncomfortable and some sadly will think 'mmm, will store that one for later' as a way of digging you out..

its the nature of the beast tbh..

we all have our own _iewpoint or opinion on most things ...

on most issues those opinions will differ for many reasons..

each is vald and should be respected for that..

"Once you get three you have to buy the drinks "

Invite me down and you have a deal.

"

Now am on a roll today, two people liked my posts.

Make that three."

Appears you are the fourth. Thanks.

"And four means you have to let the single girls loose on you "

Seems I have four now. I am "letting". Form an orderly queue now.

King's Crustacean

"its a bit like opening your heart to your work 'mates' over the canteen table..

some will openly support you, some will emphasise, some will be _ncomfortable and some sadly will think 'mmm, will store that one for later' as a way of digging you out..

"

Halle bloody looley yaaaaaa.... xx

Agreed !

"its a bit like opening your heart to your work 'mates' over the canteen table..

Agreed !"

I was going to say something a bit more _ncouth - opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one.

"And four means you have to let the single girls loose on you

Seems I have four now. I am "letting". Form an orderly queue now. "

First forum rule, do not encourage the single ladies they can spot new prey straight away, your lucky on this occassion as most will be out working

King's Crustacean

Agreed !

I was going to say something a bit more _ncouth - opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. "

It's a bit done to death now that cliche and not as crystal as what you wrote.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Agreed !

I was going to say something a bit more _ncouth - opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. "

yeh but no but yeh but, the site proctologist may differ..

bit _ncouth i know..

First forum rule, do not encourage the single ladies they can spot new prey straight away, your lucky on this occassion as most will be out working"

Seems I got off likely. Probably just as well you are not really next door to me then.

First forum rule, do not encourage the single ladies they can spot new prey straight away, your lucky on this occassion as most will be out working

Seems I got off likely. Probably just as well you are not really next door to me then."

Hang round for a bit you will realize how fortunate you are and watch out for that pearl necklace, she will sneak up on you when your not looking

Seems I got off likely. Probably just as well you are not really next door to me then.

Hang round for a bit you will realize how fortunate you are and watch out for that pearl necklace, she will sneak up on you when your not looking"

I heard that song about her, "Pearl's a swinger...."

I think that people forget just what the long term implications can be when posting things on any internet site - not just this one.

In terms of this one - it is based around anonymity. It is entirely possible for everyone on this Site not to be who they appear to be. We drum it into our kids not to give too much away on the internet because of the risks involved yet some (presumably)adults on here are prepared to lay out their innermost feelings to potentially a football crowd sized b_nch of liars and charlatans - many of whom will say/do anything to get a shag!

As I referred to on the other thread - Big Brother, Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle are creating a section of society with no self respect, no dignity and no shame. According to daytime TV, it is OK to tell as many people as possible about your "issues" but is it really? Many who watch such programmes don't do it to empathise with the guests but to gloat over the public spectacle of emotional breakdown whilst the Guest, as payment, gets their moment of fame on national TV.

Common sense should dictate what you say on an anonymous public forum - but I guess that line is measured by where your own levels of self respect are at.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Agrees

There are some details of our personal life that I/we happy to share on an open forum. But there is alot more that I/we will not share.

Doesn't mean we don't have feelings, just means we like our privacy and we often come on here to escape our everyday life for a short while.

Plus it's not very sensible to share too much personal information with strangers.

South Devon

"I think that people forget just what the long term implications can be when posting things on any internet site - not just this one.

In terms of this one - it is based around anonymity. It is entirely possible for everyone on this Site not to be who they appear to be. We drum it into our kids not to give too much away on the internet because of the risks involved yet some (presumably)adults on here are prepared to lay out their innermost feelings to potentially a football crowd sized b_nch of liars and charlatans - many of whom will say/do anything to get a shag!

As I referred to on the other thread - Big Brother, Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle are creating a section of society with no self respect, no dignity and no shame. According to daytime TV, it is OK to tell as many people as possible about your "issues" but is it really? Many who watch such programmes don't do it to empathise with the guests but to gloat over the public spectacle of emotional breakdown whilst the Guest, as payment, gets their moment of fame on national TV.

Common sense should dictate what you say on an anonymous public forum - but I guess that line is measured by where your own levels of self respect are at.

"

Fair enough, but it's all too easy to watch Jeremy Kyle et al and assume that they reflect society in general.

Fifty years ago in our society Jeremy Kyle shows couldn't possibly have existed. Persecution of homosexuals, systematic abuse of children, overt racism, and husbands legally raping their wives, certainly did.

If the small price we pay for a society that is more open, more able to discuss and share feelings and fears, without retribution, is the extremes of Jeremy Kyle, then I, for one am prepared to live with it.

Dudley

I think its ok too sometimes.

I dont take what i read on the forums that seriously.

not everyone have got the type of family and friends they can talk to about things.

when people post about losing their pets its helpful to know your not the only one who feels that way.

i have a relative though who has bi polar disorder.

i have never known her to be any different though.

when she used to visit us, instead of being happy to see us, all she did was talk about all the bad things that had happened to her and her family.

i found her to be depresing to be around.

i have had my problems as well only i prefer not to go on about them.

i feel better if i can try not to think about them, most of the time.

Far too many live their lives out on the forums and really if you have issues thats what your closest friends are for.

South Devon

"Far too many live their lives out on the forums and really if you have issues thats what your closest friends are for. "

It's 2.45pm there are 11280 presently on line....how many contributing to the forums at the mo 80/90 ?..A lot of those will be regular posters..'Far too many live their lives out on the forums'..Really??

"Far too many live their lives out on the forums and really if you have issues thats what your closest friends are for.

It's 2.45pm there are 11280 presently on line....how many contributing to the forums at the mo 80/90 ?..A lot of those will be regular posters..'Far too many live their lives out on the forums'..Really??"

How anal of you! Did I specify as a percentage of the people on fab, people who swing in the UK, in Europe, in the world?

If you really want to blub your life story out on the forums its pretty much down to not having any real friends to have a heart to heart with and is pretty sad.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"If you really want to blub your life story out on the forums its pretty much down to not having any real friends to have a heart to heart with and is pretty sad. "

And sometimes it's good to talk to someone who is outside the box. You're family and close friends may see only your perspective. Whereas someone on the outside looking in may show a different side to it

Dudley

"

If you really want to blub your life story out on the forums its pretty much down to not having any real friends to have a heart to heart with and is pretty sad. "

Sometimes you just need the catharsis of venting feelings. Sometimes you don't want to share how you feel with real friends because you aren't looking for sympathy, just the ability to get your feelings out there.

Yes, it probably does mean that you're sad in the original meaning of the word. It's the people who can't understand this and prefer to denigrate someone in obvious pain that are sad in the way I believe you used the word.

"Far too many live their lives out on the forums and really if you have issues thats what your closest friends are for. "

I think that you are absolutely correct. The virtual world in whatever guise it comes has become the real world for some people. There has become a greying of the line between real and virtual as facebook friends get _iewed as real friends and forum postings in all sorts of forums get engineered to portray a reputation not always consistent with the truth.

I read a fantastic artice about three years ago by a psychologist and it was about the mindset of prolific internet forum posters and it really made you aware as to how easy it is to lose focus in the real world when all day, every day addicts (in their millions now across the world) flit from one forum to another living out multiple virtual personalities.

"Far too many live their lives out on the forums and really if you have issues thats what your closest friends are for.

I think that you are absolutely correct. The virtual world in whatever guise it comes has become the real world for some people. There has become a greying of the line between real and virtual as facebook friends get _iewed as real friends and forum postings in all sorts of forums get engineered to portray a reputation not always consistent with the truth.

I read a fantastic artice about three years ago by a psychologist and it was about the mindset of prolific internet forum posters and it really made you aware as to how easy it is to lose focus in the real world when all day, every day addicts (in their millions now across the world) flit from one forum to another living out multiple virtual personalities."

In the real world people people often go down the pub, have a drink with people and chat in private or with a couple of friends. If someone went into the pub stood on a table and spilled their guts out to all in there going on and on about their situation.. hang on that doesn't happen though does it!

Not all the time you wish to tell family and friends about things well i dont . some times a person whos not close is better .

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

" Not all the time you wish to tell family and friends about things well i dont . some times a person whos not close is better ."

totally agree with you....

I just hope game has feelings for me....dirty ones!

" Not all the time you wish to tell family and friends about things well i dont . some times a person whos not close is better ."

Go into the middle of your local pub then stand on a table and tell all there then!

South Devon

It's 2.45pm there are 11280 presently on line....how many contributing to the forums at the mo 80/90 ?..A lot of those will be regular posters..'Far too many live their lives out on the forums'..Really??

How anal of you! Did I specify as a percentage of the people on fab, people who swing in the UK, in Europe, in the world?

If you really want to blub your life story out on the forums its pretty much down to not having any real friends to have a heart to heart with and is pretty sad. "

Firstly I assume that when you said..If you really' that was the general 'you' 'and not directed at me specifically!!..Secondly hardly anal, you put a value on the numbers I was simply pointing out that the numbers were likely to be minimal.

Didn't even ask how you know actually know that these people..'live their lives out on the forums'

"

If you really want to blub your life story out on the forums its pretty much down to not having any real friends to have a heart to heart with and is pretty sad.

Sometimes you just need the catharsis of venting feelings. Sometimes you don't want to share how you feel with real friends because you aren't looking for sympathy, just the ability to get your feelings out there.

Yes, it probably does mean that you're sad in the original meaning of the word. It's the people who can't understand this and prefer to denigrate someone in obvious pain that are sad in the way I believe you used the word."

Last people i would go to friends and family never .. my mum can be a nasty peace of work and most my friends in horse world i see weekends and from all over England and theres some things i dont wish when to know . I dont find it sad at all if people need to get things of there chest here as long as its not hurting others doing it .

" Not all the time you wish to tell family and friends about things well i dont . some times a person whos not close is better .

Go into the middle of your local pub then stand on a table and tell all there then! "

I never go to pubs not my thing .

Dudley

"

Go into the middle of your local pub then stand on a table and tell all there then! "

If you can't work out the difference between your local pub and a semi-anonymous internet forum I doubt that it's worth trying to explain it to you.

"I just hope game has feelings for me....dirty ones! "
yes looking at them pics i may have a feeling some place , lol xxxx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 30/07/12 15:29:00]

Firstly I assume that when you said..If you really' that was the general 'you' 'and not directed at me specifically!!..Secondly hardly anal, you put a value on the numbers I was simply pointing out that the numbers were likely to be minimal.

Didn't even ask how you know actually know that these people..'live their lives out on the forums'

"

No you assumed wrongly it wasn't at people in general and it is anal to go look to see how many are on line and post it in an attempt tor try and do who knows what as it was pointless.

As for people living their lives on the forum lol well if you read them as I have over the last 3 years I could tell you at least a dozen peoples ins and outs, woes and tragedies that I really would rather not see. There is an expression that I was taught when I moved here and its you don't air your dirty linen in public.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

if you show vulnerability, you will get sincere good intention advice and a few out to manipulate that vulnerability.

I think it is hugely different between couples and singles on here..

"[Removed by poster at 30/07/12 15:29:00]"
_iew i wish you would keep them on your posts make some good points xx and you have a open mind .. xx

"

Go into the middle of your local pub then stand on a table and tell all there then!

If you can't work out the difference between your local pub and a semi-anonymous internet forum I doubt that it's worth trying to explain it to you."

Attention seeking in any environment is attention seeking and receives similar responses from people its inflicted upon so you really have nothing you could attempt to explain if and its a big if you could grasp the whole picture.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"[Removed by poster at 30/07/12 15:29:00] _iew i wish you would keep them on your posts make some good points xx and you have a open mind .. xx"

I reposted, I had a typo

"

If you can't work out the difference between your local pub and a semi-anonymous internet forum I doubt that it's worth trying to explain it to you.

Attention seeking in any environment is attention seeking and receives similar responses from people its inflicted upon so you really have nothing you could attempt to explain if and its a big if you could grasp the whole picture. "

lol i love your posts .. i am sure alot here do too . xx

Dudley

"

No you assumed wrongly it wasn't at people in general and it is anal to go look to see how many are on line and post it in an attempt tor try and do who knows what as it was pointless.

As for people living their lives on the forum lol well if you read them as I have over the last 3 years I could tell you at least a dozen peoples ins and outs, woes and tragedies that I really would rather not see. There is an expression that I was taught when I moved here and its you don't air your dirty linen in public. "

It's hardly anal to give evidence to support a point rather than just give unsupported opinion.

I hope you reported whoever it was that held a gun to your head to make you read "at least a dozen peoples ins and outs, woes and tragedies that I really would rather not see".

"if you show vulnerability, you will get sincere good intention advice and a few out to manipulate that vulnerability.

"

There is a huge difference between someone being vulnerable and those who seek to massage egos or intention is to court sympathy though. If you are vulnerable then posting your situation on an open forum is not the wisest direction to go in as many will delight in inflicting pain. Myself I avoid the woe is me threads giving neither sympathy or disdain however I really do not want to see them and if they had a flag to indicate their content I would not even _iew.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"if you show vulnerability, you will get sincere good intention advice and a few out to manipulate that vulnerability.

There is a huge difference between someone being vulnerable and those who seek to massage egos or intention is to court sympathy though. If you are vulnerable then posting your situation on an open forum is not the wisest direction to go in as many will delight in inflicting pain. Myself I avoid the woe is me threads giving neither sympathy or disdain however I really do not want to see them and if they had a flag to indicate their content I would not even _iew. "

I am agreeing 100% with you... over the years I have seen it all like you.

There is a huge difference between someone being vulnerable and those who seek to massage egos or intention is to court sympathy though. If you are vulnerable then posting your situation on an open forum is not the wisest direction to go in as many will delight in inflicting pain. Myself I avoid the woe is me threads giving neither sympathy or disdain however I really do not want to see them and if they had a flag to indicate their content I would not even _iew. "

I am totally with you on that one they should be moved or posted in Swinging support and advice not in the lounge.

Dudley

"

Attention seeking in any environment is attention seeking and receives similar responses from people its inflicted upon so you really have nothing you could attempt to explain if and its a big if you could grasp the whole picture. "

It may be attention seeking in your opinion. Judging the difference between attention seeking and a person in pain is of course a personal decision, but luckily it seems most posters here err on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt.

There is a huge difference between someone being vulnerable and those who seek to massage egos or intention is to court sympathy though. If you are vulnerable then posting your situation on an open forum is not the wisest direction to go in as many will delight in inflicting pain. Myself I avoid the woe is me threads giving neither sympathy or disdain however I really do not want to see them and if they had a flag to indicate their content I would not even _iew.

I am agreeing 100% with you... over the years I have seen it all like you."

Its not that I don't feel sympathetic for some people but some have more drama's than a prime time soap opera. Fine pm your friends but If you have a real problem see your doctor and get counselling form people qualified to handle your issues in a manner that will help.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Now we are humans with feelings is that so wrong to show that here in forum posts ... and only should show your feelings to friends and family ... as some see it as week and not a thing to do. ? I have over my time come cross liars cheats and all sorts but i have to stay true to myself and say it how i feel it."

When we got into swinging, we promised we would always be honest, with each other, and with those we met.

Quickly we realised that, in swinging as in real life, we made some good friends, people we genuinely trust and care about.

We talked about it, as it surprised us, we hadn't known what to expect when we first started, but this certainly wasn't something we thought would happen!

It was a pleasant surprise, and when we discussed how we felt about it, both Jayne and I decided that, as these friendships were "different" from our "vanilla life" (more intimate), then we could be more open with these friends, as, in the past, people in our lives had taken advantage when we got close to them, and this had made us wary of making many close friends. We havent regretted that decision, there are many people we have met that we are very open with.

On here, sometimes it seems like if you are open and honest some will pillory you for it... so be it, we will not change.

I say it how I see it, and sometimes I am wrong.

but I always speak honestly about how I feel about things.

"

Attention seeking in any environment is attention seeking and receives similar responses from people its inflicted upon so you really have nothing you could attempt to explain if and its a big if you could grasp the whole picture.

It may be attention seeking in your opinion. Judging the difference between attention seeking and a person in pain is of course a personal decision, but luckily it seems most posters here err on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt."

Thats all you can do with out knowing the in s and outs give them the benefit of the doubt .. some just go start in saying some are d*unk and all sorts of nasty things and thay have not a clue .. I end up thinking what sort of people are thay .

"

It may be attention seeking in your opinion. Judging the difference between attention seeking and a person in pain is of course a personal decision, but luckily it seems most posters here err on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt."

Boy does it show you are now to the forums!

South Devon

I read a fantastic artice about three years ago by a psychologist and it was about the mindset of prolific internet forum posters and it really made you aware as to how easy it is to lose focus in the real world when all day, every day addicts (in their millions now across the world) flit from one forum to another living out multiple virtual personalities."

Amazing, virtually the same polemic was peddled by self appointed moral guardians when technology in the late nineteenth century allowed the masses to be able to afford works of fiction.

Dudley

"

Boy does it show you are now to the forums! "

New to the forums here, not new to forums. If your comment means I'm not as cynical as some then that's a good thing. If you mean something else please explain.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"

It may be attention seeking in your opinion. Judging the difference between attention seeking and a person in pain is of course a personal decision, but luckily it seems most posters here err on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt. Thats all you can do with out knowing the in s and outs give them the benefit of the doubt .. some just go start in saying some are d*unk and all sorts of nasty things and thay have not a clue .. I end up thinking what sort of people are thay . "

But Jo leaving out the whole drink thing.... a single guy on here speaking about a relationship external to the site, would normally be slaughtered and the next one who does will likely be, He would/will be told karma bites you, you reap what you sow etc etc etc..

"

Boy does it show you are now to the forums!

New to the forums here, not new to forums. If your comment means I'm not as cynical as some then that's a good thing. If you mean something else please explain."

No it means what it says nothing t do with being cynical.

"

It may be attention seeking in your opinion. Judging the difference between attention seeking and a person in pain is of course a personal decision, but luckily it seems most posters here err on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt. Thats all you can do with out knowing the in s and outs give them the benefit of the doubt .. some just go start in saying some are d*unk and all sorts of nasty things and thay have not a clue .. I end up thinking what sort of people are thay .

But Jo leaving out the whole drink thing.... a single guy on here speaking about a relationship external to the site, would normally be slaughtered and the next one who does will likely be, He would/will be told karma bites you, you reap what you sow etc etc etc.."

We can only go on his post ... and last one i read i felt a man really down ...and i did feel for him .

"

It may be attention seeking in your opinion. Judging the difference between attention seeking and a person in pain is of course a personal decision, but luckily it seems most posters here err on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt. Thats all you can do with out knowing the in s and outs give them the benefit of the doubt .. some just go start in saying some are d*unk and all sorts of nasty things and thay have not a clue .. I end up thinking what sort of people are thay .

But Jo leaving out the whole drink thing.... a single guy on here speaking about a relationship external to the site, would normally be slaughtered and the next one who does will likely be, He would/will be told karma bites you, you reap what you sow etc etc etc.."

That's the way it happens Its not the ideal environment to seek sympathy

South Devon

As for people living their lives on the forum lol well if you read them as I have over the last 3 years I could tell you at least a dozen peoples ins and outs, woes and tragedies that I really would rather not see. There is an expression that I was taught when I moved here and its you don't air your dirty linen in public. "

Where on my post did I say I wanted to blub out my life story??..how dare you assume that.!!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"

But Jo leaving out the whole drink thing.... a single guy on here speaking about a relationship external to the site, would normally be slaughtered and the next one who does will likely be, He would/will be told karma bites you, you reap what you sow etc etc etc.. We can only go on his post ... and last one i read i felt a man really down ...and i did feel for him ."

yeah he was but posting on a swingers site on the very day it ended that he has lost the love of his life, I am not saying he isnt allowed to do that but normally and wrongly, he would be slaughtered. Nice that he got the support, hope all that follow are shown the shame.

"

But Jo leaving out the whole drink thing.... a single guy on here speaking about a relationship external to the site, would normally be slaughtered and the next one who does will likely be, He would/will be told karma bites you, you reap what you sow etc etc etc..

That's the way it happens Its not the ideal environment to seek sympathy "

If sympathy is called for i am sure thay would get that here as some lovely caring people on fab .And some of the crap that go s with it to from others on fab . You have to take the good with bad in most things in life on fab too x

from my experience in the past exchanging messages with you Jo i have found you to be a most caring woman.

we cannot help the way we are made. it can lead to others abusing our good nature and this is how we are.

dont change, your a lovely woman and always have been when talking to me.

xxxx

"from my experience in the past exchanging messages with you Jo i have found you to be a most caring woman.

we cannot help the way we are made. it can lead to others abusing our good nature and this is how we are.

xxxx"

kisses you i cant be what i am not ... my mum say i am far to soft for my own good and people will walk all over me .. my mum so hard it hurts .

"

That's the way it happens Its not the ideal environment to seek sympathy If sympathy is called for i am sure thay would get that here as some lovely caring people on fab .And some of the crap that go s with it to from others on fab . You have to take the good with bad in most things in life on fab too x"

Yes you will get it from some quarters, others will give it on the chance of a shag while more will give it with sarcasm. There will be many others who roll their eyes and think oh god not again roll eyes and ignore. There are so many who swing partly for attention and feel good about themselves equally there are others who really dislike attention sponges and sycophants that feed them.

"

That's the way it happens Its not the ideal environment to seek sympathy If sympathy is called for i am sure thay would get that here as some lovely caring people on fab .And some of the crap that go s with it to from others on fab . You have to take the good with bad in most things in life on fab too x

Yes you will get it from some quarters, others will give it on the chance of a shag while more will give it with sarcasm. There will be many others who roll their eyes and think oh god not again roll eyes and ignore. There are so many who swing partly for attention and feel good about themselves equally there are others who really dislike attention sponges and sycophants that feed them. "

I normally ignore this type of thread but often you have no idea till its been opened. I think the point about posting them in support and advice is a good one though.

"

That's the way it happens Its not the ideal environment to seek sympathy If sympathy is called for i am sure thay would get that here as some lovely caring people on fab .And some of the crap that go s with it to from others on fab . You have to take the good with bad in most things in life on fab too x

Yes you will get it from some quarters, others will give it on the chance of a shag while more will give it with sarcasm. There will be many others who roll their eyes and think oh god not again roll eyes and ignore. There are so many who swing partly for attention and feel good about themselves equally there are others who really dislike attention sponges and sycophants that feed them. "

well i like to keep a open mind and as i think alot do here , As no one knows in s and outs of peoples lives .. we just go on what we read ...

"from my experience in the past exchanging messages with you Jo i have found you to be a most caring woman.

xxxx kisses you i cant be what i am not ... my mum say i am far to soft for my own good and people will walk all over me .. my mum so hard it hurts ."

i always get panned for saying it Jo.

but i know from experience its true.

nice people finish last.

xxxx kisses you i cant be what i am not ... my mum say i am far to soft for my own good and people will walk all over me .. my mum so hard it hurts .

nice people finish last.

"

Im going to really shock you now and not say anything

South Devon

I read a fantastic artice about three years ago by a psychologist and it was about the mindset of prolific internet forum posters and it really made you aware as to how easy it is to lose focus in the real world when all day, every day addicts (in their millions now across the world) flit from one forum to another living out multiple virtual personalities.

Amazing, virtually the same polemic was peddled by self appointed moral guardians when technology in the late nineteenth century allowed the masses to be able to afford works of fiction.

You're here to troll aren't ya! I've looked back over your last 35 and you are looking to pick one with whoever

Well spotted after looking I have come to a similar conclusion.

You only have to go back as far as penuin's to see goat flesh"

Hilarious!!..and I ate him for breakfast

xxxx kisses you i cant be what i am not ... my mum say i am far to soft for my own good and people will walk all over me .. my mum so hard it hurts .

nice people finish last.

"

I am in no race ... so i will never finish .

nice people finish last.

Im going to really shock you now and not say anything "

diamond i love you xxx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"

"

You mean that you believe the internet forums are full of really honest people? I seem to remember an old saying once made in jest - "welcome to the internet forums, where men are men and so are half of the women."

I am on three sites similar to this and others to do with sport and motor sports and there are more fruitcakes around now than at any time I can previously remember. A friend of mine runs a football related forum decided to do an audit on IP addresses and found that four posters had a total of 123 different profiles between them on the same website. Twenty or so of these profiles were active at the time and represented a diverse group of personalities and sexes. Freaky or what.

King's Crustacean

1 I.P. address six students

"1 I.P. address six students"
lol gran you lost me xx

You mean that you believe the internet forums are full of really honest people? I seem to remember an old saying once made in jest - "welcome to the internet forums, where men are men and so are half of the women."

I am on three sites similar to this and others to do with sport and motor sports and there are more fruitcakes around now than at any time I can previously remember. A friend of mine runs a football related forum decided to do an audit on IP addresses and found that four posters had a total of 123 different profiles between them on the same website. Twenty or so of these profiles were active at the time and represented a diverse group of personalities and sexes. Freaky or what."

most cyberpsychologists commonly refer these to cyberschizophrenia and cybermultipersonality disorder

I am on three sites similar to this and others to do with sport and motor sports and there are more fruitcakes around now than at any time I can previously remember. A friend of mine runs a football related forum decided to do an audit on IP addresses and found that four posters had a total of 123 different profiles between them on the same website. Twenty or so of these profiles were active at the time and represented a diverse group of personalities and sexes. Freaky or what.

most cyberpsychologists commonly refer these to cyberschizophrenia and cybermultipersonality disorder"

you lost me too . x lol can you make it easy . lol

King's Crustacean

I was just saying if a lot of people live in a house with one comp they can be different personalities with the same addy .....

King's Crustacean

Who are you today Paddy. I'm the Queen

"I was just saying if a lot of people live in a house with one comp they can be different personalities with the same addy .....

"

Hi crumpet wanna rub our hanging fannies together?x

paddys Granny

"Who are you today Paddy. I'm the Queen"
I see Gran xxx And thanks. x

King's Crustacean

"I was just saying if a lot of people live in a house with one comp they can be different personalities with the same addy .....

paddys Granny"

Oh GrannyPaddy - has he had dirty women around again ?

Little git ....

paddys Granny

Oh GrannyPaddy - has he had dirty women around again ?

Little git .... "

NOT IN MY HOUSE!

PADDYS DAD

King's Crustacean

Paddy has a dad ?

We've been calling him the wrong name for years !

"Paddy has a dad ?

We've been calling him the wrong name for years !"

god gran he dont have two wifes and 10 babys and 6 loves and just lost the love of his life , lol xxxx

King's Crustacean

Ground control to Major Tom.....

King's Crustacean

"Paddy has a dad ?

We've been calling him the wrong name for years ! god gran he dont have two wifes and 10 babys and 6 loves and just lost the love of his life , lol xxxx"

I want a wife. I hate cleaning up

"Paddy has a dad ?

We've been calling him the wrong name for years !"

yes I have a father...and I'm sick of getting called 'The experiment'

"Paddy has a dad ?

yes I have a father...and I'm sick of getting called 'The experiment'"

despite having some great superpowers!

Paddy has a dad ... don't ask me how I know this.

King's Crustacean

That's better than accident ......

King's Crustacean

"Paddy has a dad ... don't ask me how I know this. "

Oooooooooo tell me more

"Paddy has a dad ?

yes I have a father...and I'm sick of getting called 'The experiment'

despite having some great superpowers!"

my weakness is Klitonyte

"Paddy has a dad ... don't ask me how I know this. "

some time in december 2009...I was masturbating on cam as laine watched...I was d*unk and fell asleep naked and my father came in waved to laine and closed the lappy on me...I woke in such pain as it slammed on my hard cock...thats how it got that little bend at the end

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Paddy has a dad ... don't ask me how I know this.

some time in december 2009...I was masturbating on cam as laine watched...I was d*unk and fell asleep naked and my father came in waved to laine and closed the lappy on me...I woke in such pain as it slammed on my hard cock...thats how it got that little bend at the end"

you wanked on cam the whole of 2009.......

some time in december 2009...I was masturbating on cam as laine watched...I was d*unk and fell asleep naked and my father came in waved to laine and closed the lappy on me...I woke in such pain as it slammed on my hard cock...thats how it got that little bend at the end

you wanked on cam the whole of 2009......."

not when i was asleep...well conciously

King's Crustacean

what did he wave at Laine ?

some time in december 2009...I was masturbating on cam as laine watched...I was d*unk and fell asleep naked and my father came in waved to laine and closed the lappy on me...I woke in such pain as it slammed on my hard cock...thats how it got that little bend at the end"

I am good with my hands you poor boy i may have to sort it for you , lol i am good at backs ,

King's Crustacean

Paddy ....... Get your coat

some time in december 2009...I was masturbating on cam as laine watched...I was d*unk and fell asleep naked and my father came in waved to laine and closed the lappy on me...I woke in such pain as it slammed on my hard cock...thats how it got that little bend at the end I am good with my hands you poor boy i may have to sort it for you , lol i am good at backs , "

sort ma crooked Gspot tickler?? no thanks game...just let me shove it up ya!!!! xxxx

"Paddy ....... Get your coat "
i am not doing cleaning but good with my hands , lol

some time in december 2009...I was masturbating on cam as laine watched...I was d*unk and fell asleep naked and my father came in waved to laine and closed the lappy on me...I woke in such pain as it slammed on my hard cock...thats how it got that little bend at the end I am good with my hands you poor boy i may have to sort it for you , lol i am good at backs ,

sort ma crooked Gspot tickler?? no thanks game...just let me shove it up ya!!!! xxxx"

well i have alot of feeling down there so you take care , lol if crooked Gspot tickler ,

» Add a new message to this topic