FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Olympic gripes

Olympic gripes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am loving the Games so far, but just a couple of things have irritated me.

1. Paul McCartneys karaoke

2. The Queen picking her nails as Team GB entered the stadium

3. Clare 'Pigface' Balding, such negative commentary

4. Cavendish blaming the Aussies for negative tactics. Man up and pedal faster mate

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abloBackMan  over a year ago

London

1 Paul mccartneys miming

2 the producer deciding to show the queen picking her cuticles

3 crap information from locog to the Bbc commentators in the cycling

4 the Aussies negative "anyone but cavandish tactics"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"1 Paul mccartneys miming

2 the producer deciding to show the queen picking her cuticles

3 crap information from locog to the Bbc commentators in the cycling

4 the Aussies negative "anyone but cavandish tactics""

lol so true!!

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"I am loving the Games so far, but just a couple of things have irritated me.

4. Cavendish blaming the Aussies for negative tactics. Man up and pedal faster mate

"

cavendish was quite correct in his statement about 'anyone but a brit' to win cycling gold!,the gb guys did stirling work virtually unaided in bringing back the break to a managable 40 secs but the other nations in the peleton would not come to the front to help close it down!,even though they had fresh legs and no rider in the break to work for they were in fact content to lose the race just to follow gb riders wheels.

i suppose it is hard for non sports people to understand cycling tactics but the gb team were not aided in the race as dutch,germans,french,italians,spanish,would not work with the gb team knowing we had the 1-2 riders in tour de france and fastest roadman sprinter in the world in our 5 man team,when that happens you know you are the top team in the world!.

"

cavendish was quite correct in his statement about 'anyone but a brit' to win cycling gold!,the gb guys did stirling work virtually unaided in bringing back the break to a managable 40 secs but the other nations in the peleton would not come to the front to help close it down!,even though they had fresh legs and no rider in the break to work for they were in fact content to lose the race just to follow gb riders wheels.

i suppose it is hard for non sports people to understand cycling tactics but the gb team were not aided in the race as dutch,germans,french,italians,spanish,would not work with the gb team knowing we had the 1-2 riders in tour de france and fastest roadman sprinter in the world in our 5 man team,when that happens you know you are the top team in the world!. "

the other 2 comments on this thread do highlight how little people know about cycling and it's complexities.

I agree with you to an extent but I personally thought that GB got what they deserved. To try and control the race from so far out was laughable. The lack of a plan B and a Plan A shouted from the rooftops was not great.

If Wiggins Froome and possibly Millar had marked the breaks then the breaks would not have stuck as no one would have given them a free ride.

Every other nation had no interest in a bunch finish so what did they expect?

I suspect Cav will not be a SKY rider next year.

I personally hope he isn't, he should be a team leader with the full team support to get him that green jersey, its been nice to see a English team but I think it has been a failure, the set out aiming for yellow green and 2 Golds in cav and wiggins in the time trial, at the very best there going to get 50 percent of that,

"I personally hope he isn't, he should be a team leader with the full team support to get him that green jersey, its been nice to see a English team but I think it has been a failure, the set out aiming for yellow green and 2 Golds in cav and wiggins in the time trial, at the very best there going to get 50 percent of that,"

cav going for green in tour de france was never ever an aim for this year!,the plan was always for a first british tour de france winner and that was 100% success.

cav when he signed for sky was told pick up stage wins where you can but the record fourth stage win on champs elysees was a main target for cav/sky,100% success there also.

cav was going for points jersey in giro to complete the grand tour set but lost out on last staage and finishedrunner up there.

the road race with only a 5 man team was always going to be dicey,the worlds worked a treat to get cav the win with a full team so maybe worlds in oct in holland is still on for cav to retain title?.

dave brailsford said the other day that the team with 2 gc contenders will be a gc chasing team next tear and cav would be allowed to find another team for next year!.

that opens the door for maybe rabobank who have some good lead out men?.

"

the road race with only a 5 man team was always going to be dicey,the worlds worked a treat to get cav the win with a full team so maybe worlds in oct in holland is still on for cav to retain title?."

Course is way too hard for Cav this year, doubt he'll even be defending. The way GB rode the world's was arrogant and came very close to failing. Of course we didn't fail so it's the stuff of legends.

"dave brailsford said the other day that the team with 2 gc contenders will be a gc chasing team next tear and cav would be allowed to find another team for next year!.

that opens the door for maybe rabobank who have some good lead out men?."

There are 3 GC riders if you factor in how well Uran is developing. Though i suspect that he too will be an ex-SKY rider soon. And Richie Porte too.

Quickstep are the obvious choice for Cav, a lot of HTC staff and riders ended up there and he was supposedly very close to signing last year.

Back on topic Lizzie Armistead on the front of all the Nationals today - great to see.

i suppose it is hard for non sports people to understand cycling tactics but the gb team were not aided in the race as dutch,germans,french,italians,spanish,would not work with the gb team knowing we had the 1-2 riders in tour de france and fastest roadman sprinter in the world in our 5 man team,when that happens you know you are the top team in the world!. "

Is it naive to think that to win a bike race you have to be first? Why would Team GB expect other countries to help them win?

i suppose it is hard for non sports people to understand cycling tactics but the gb team were not aided in the race as dutch,germans,french,italians,spanish,would not work with the gb team knowing we had the 1-2 riders in tour de france and fastest roadman sprinter in the world in our 5 man team,when that happens you know you are the top team in the world!.

Is it naive to think that to win a bike race you have to be first? Why would Team GB expect other countries to help them win? "

There is a reason why cycling is sometimes called chess on wheels.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Is it naive to think that to win a bike race you have to be first? Why would Team GB expect other countries to help them win? "

because there were other countries without men in the break.. notably germany who would have had a huge chance in both road races if they had decided to work with other teams earlier...

by the time the group of 30 got together I knew it was game over as teams with 2-3 men in it weren't going to help....

my olympic gripes...

maccas singing....

the host broadcaster and their splits...

nbc decided not to show it live in the states and putting most of the good stuff on "time delay"

By *ild Bill Thickcock.Man  over a year ago

Wet Beaver Creek

Clare Balding does a great impression of Ray Mears

They even got the same hairstyles

"Clare Balding does a great impression of Ray Mears

They even got the same hairstyles"

And both of them eat in the bush

» Add a new message to this topic