FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Breadcrumbing

Breadcrumbing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isAdventure69 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

My experience of being breadcrumbed

"Being occasionally flirted with but no move to hang out again are being made. Receiving memes via text or social media with no or little other communication. Making ambiguous/lose plans with me that never seem to pan out on...a yearly basis "

I have my very own " breadcrumber " , been going on for years , it's probably 6 years since we last met , we met on here.

He gets in touch every 18 months or so , the breadcrumbs goes on for a few weeks then he vanishes.

And for whatever reason I let it happen ( I suspect it's lust )

Have you been breadcrumbed ? Please share your story

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not someone who just texts when they think of you, no? Doesn't seem malicious to me. How does this impact on you negatively?

Breadcrumbing is only breadcrumbing when it bothers you or it gets you excited and then let down (in my opinion). I have had it a few times but really took the power back by either blocking them altogether so they no longer had access to me or just moving on from it and weighing up if it was worth Staying friends. I’m sure on some occasions it was a buzz for them knowing they had me on hook, and I’m equally sure for some they were just flaky and a bit shit at keeping convo going (and just not that into me and that’s ok) either way - I don’t get breadcrumbed anymore because I choose not to see it. Not sure if that’s helpful

Or not!!!

"Not someone who just texts when they think of you, no? Doesn't seem malicious to me. How does this impact on you negatively?"

Yeah, I also took this approach, I could choose to get upset and scream about it, or just be like - cool, they’ve been in touch - that’s nice and move on.

By *abarellaWoman  over a year ago

Warminster

"My experience of being breadcrumbed

"Being occasionally flirted with but no move to hang out again are being made. Receiving memes via text or social media with no or little other communication. Making ambiguous/lose plans with me that never seem to pan out on...a yearly basis "

I have my very own " breadcrumber " , been going on for years , it's probably 6 years since we last met , we met on here.

He gets in touch every 18 months or so , the breadcrumbs goes on for a few weeks then he vanishes.

And for whatever reason I let it happen ( I suspect it's lust )

Have you been breadcrumbed ? Please share your story "

It has happened to me but no more.

If I think that someone is playing games then I'm off. It can be hard sometimes but you need to cut all ties.

This is all new to me. The culprit is looking for an ego boost then?

How do you identify this from someone who is reminded of "that person I went on a nice date with once" and texts to say hi?

Hampshire

"

It has happened to me but no more.

If I think that someone is playing games then I'm off. It can be hard sometimes but you need to cut all ties. "

I think it's more out of boredom and then he thinks better of it

But yes blocking would definitely be the way to go

Men seem to get in touch when they are horny then go quiet again till next time. No meets due to lockdown so nothing can be planned. Just random shite texts and vaguely inferring there may be a meet again some day.

Don't know if they are too shy or polite to ask for a shag, or if I'm their last resort.

Hampshire

"Breadcrumbing is only breadcrumbing when it bothers you or it gets you excited and then let down (in my opinion). I have had it a few times but really took the power back by either blocking them altogether so they no longer had access to me or just moving on from it and weighing up if it was worth Staying friends. I’m sure on some occasions it was a buzz for them knowing they had me on hook, and I’m equally sure for some they were just flaky and a bit shit at keeping convo going (and just not that into me and that’s ok) either way - I don’t get breadcrumbed anymore because I choose not to see it. Not sure if that’s helpful

Or not!!!"

It bothers me partly because yes I get a little exited at the beginning but mostly because I'm annoyed at myself for allowing it to happen .

But of course the block button would be the logical way forward

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

I didn't know what this was, never heard of it before. But it sounds so fucking cute like tossing a sprinkle of breadcrumbs over some baby ducks like a shower of crumbly goodness covering them.

Or it's something you used to do with your nan in her kitchen on rainy Saturday afternoons whilst grandad was snoring on the sofa.

Like a lot of these new expressions, there seems to be more in what they are supposed to mean than it what they actually describe.

Wasnt this once known as an 'old flame' or 'being hit on again' or 'sniffing about'.

Its happened to me

It wont happen again

You either give me your full attention, or fuck off.

I'm done being a slot in when it suits kinda girl

"Its happened to me

It wont happen again

I'm done being a slot in when it suits kinda girl"

I totally love you woman

"Its happened to me

It wont happen again

I totally love you woman "

And you know what?

I love me too

Its only taken 54 yrs to be able to say that

I love me so much that I deserve alot better than I've had

"Its happened to me

It wont happen again

I totally love you woman

And you know what?

I love me too

I love me so much that I deserve alot better than I've had"

Well you get my attention thats for sure...

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

Learn something new everyday.. I didn't even knew this term existed until this thread. I get that quite a lot and now I know why

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Ye I was for a while but 2 guys when I was first on here chatting for ages making arrangements to meet then they would not mention it or go quiet for a bit then chat again and of course always asking for pics or to cam and I despise camming .It went on for months one guy even made up the most elaborate stories as to why he couldn't meet or had gone quiet at times .In the end I told them both to forget it and stopped interacting with them even tho one appears again every so often.I wouldn't even have minded if they hadn't been the ones who asked to meet in the first place.

I've been here long enough now to spot the ones who do this and stop interacting with them.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I think I've been both the breadcrumbee and the breadcrumber

Although if it was nothing serious and just sex initially I don't see why it's such an issue that you don't talk regularly or meaningfully.

It's happening to me right now with a girl that worked at the gym some time ago. Really frustrating cause she's so gorgeous lol

Never heard of this term before so thanks OP. Aren’t we all sort of playing this game atm due to lockdowns?

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

I'm guilty of this, but not the malicious intentional type. I'm just crap at keeping in touch!

My real life friends know this, so understand it. I guess it's more tricky on here where things tend to be fleeting anyway.

By * New YorkieMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Never heard of this term before so thanks OP. Aren’t we all sort of playing this game atm due to lockdowns? "

Never heard of this either..... Taking note to stay up with the times. lol

"Its happened to me

It wont happen again

I totally love you woman

And you know what?

I love me too

I love me so much that I deserve alot better than I've had"

Love this

"Never heard of this term before so thanks OP. Aren’t we all sort of playing this game atm due to lockdowns? "

I would agree, it's hard to maintain contact, especially when you can't seem to make plans

Hampshire

To some extend , although this particular guy gets in touch every couple of years , for a few weeks , suggesting meeting but not committing to an actual date and time then withers away ... So regardless of the pandemic he is rather elusive, our exchanges which he always instigate consist mostly of memes or funnies from his part .

Having met him a few times about 6/7 years ago I know that there is nothing wrong with his social skills, he is perfectly capable of stringing sentences together, he just seems to chose not to.

Which I feel makes this a classic case of "breadcrumbing" , throwing little crumbs occasionally whilst not investing much effort into it.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’d never heard of this term

By *moothshaftMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"I’d never heard of this term "

Nor me! x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I didn't know what this was, never heard of it before. But it sounds so fucking cute like tossing a sprinkle of breadcrumbs over some baby ducks like a shower of crumbly goodness covering them.

Or it's something you used to do with your nan in her kitchen on rainy Saturday afternoons whilst grandad was snoring on the sofa. "

Or it's what Bird's Eye do to make a fish finger look like it's got fish in it.

King's Crustacean

"I’d never heard of this term

Nor me! x"

I heard it here last week.

It's just metamorphosed from being thrown a few breadcrumbs to being breadcrumbed to breadcrumbing.

I am offering explanations, I have explained I am explaining.......

"I think I've been both the breadcrumbee and the breadcrumber

Although if it was nothing serious and just sex initially I don't see why it's such an issue that you don't talk regularly or meaningfully. "

i was thinking that when i first read it , but then actually i dont think thats breadcrumbing its just flowing in and out of phases where you want that casual sex with them - i think breadcrumbing is a more conscious decision where someone manipulates the situation by giving you just enough to keep you on the hook

King's Crustacean

"I think I've been both the breadcrumbee and the breadcrumber

Although if it was nothing serious and just sex initially I don't see why it's such an issue that you don't talk regularly or meaningfully.

i was thinking that when i first read it , but then actually i dont think thats breadcrumbing its just flowing in and out of phases where you want that casual sex with them - i think breadcrumbing is a more conscious decision where someone manipulates the situation by giving you just enough to keep you on the hook "

Yup. Giving you a few crumbs to maintain interest. Like keeping the chickens busy.....

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

O thats what its called.

Hmmm.

"I didn't know what this was, never heard of it before. But it sounds so fucking cute like tossing a sprinkle of breadcrumbs over some baby ducks like a shower of crumbly goodness covering them.

Or it's something you used to do with your nan in her kitchen on rainy Saturday afternoons whilst grandad was snoring on the sofa. "

The “u up” fairy sprinkling magic breadcrumbs across the land.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I think this is what I say to a few friends when they talk to me about their interactions in the dating world ‘you are just their puppet on their string, they tug and you go running forgetting how it made you feel last time’

» Add a new message to this topic