FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > mobile phone manufacturers

mobile phone manufacturers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

do they have an ombudsman or organisation you can complain to?

getting rather fucked off with HTC

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *acciWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Not sure to be honest,but you could try trading standards they should be able to help or point you in the right direction

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Leanne, work in the industry, what's the problem?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ooo sup with your HTC phone ??

* CReEpS rOunD cRypT * -l-

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"do they have an ombudsman or organisation you can complain to?

getting rather fucked off with HTC "

the networks have an ombudsman... if it is an actually shop then either the shop where you got it from, or the manufacterers.... if you get thru that lot then trading standards.. or watchdog...

i think watchdog did a feature in the last series about people having an issue with HTC and their repairs.... might be worth looking up...

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Leanne, work in the industry, what's the problem?"

my phone developed a fault (the screen went black...when it came back it was dull and 'streaky')

i phoned them the day it happened and was told it had to go in for repair. they sent me the ticket details a UPS label and arranged collection the next day.

apparently the phone was logged with the incorrect IMEI number against the ticket and so my phone was jyst left in limbo for 2 weeks (despite several calls from me concerned that it had been lost in transit etc)

Finally got a call from their care centre last week and was told they had found my phone and it was being repaired as a priority case...this was on Wednesday and i still have not got it back ad have not heard from them since to update me.

sent an email asking for an update today, providing times i could be contacted and yet have heard from no one!

systemic failures in their procedures have caused all these problems and want to take my complaint higher

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Largely as a consumer your rights and claims will be against the purveyor of any item sold to you, even if, for example, a phone is 'free' as part of a contract phone service. So if, Voda or another network provided a handset and network service, your claim would in the first instance be against them. This would be covered by the Sales of Goods Act, where products must be fit for purpose. Even after the notional 1 year 'guarantee' period that many sellers state, if a product is a premium product, that would rightly be expected to last far in excess of this, then you could still have redress. If someone like Asda sold an HTC phone on pay as you go, your claim would still be against Asda. The retailer will need to replace or repair the product appropriately.

If the retailer fails to provide redress appropriately, then you may at that point be able to claim against the manufacturer.

The Citizens Advice Bureau etc could help explain such processes, though there's likely to be help from moneysavingexpert and other sites online.

Good luck!

» Add a new message to this topic