FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Separate bedrooms

Separate bedrooms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not in a relationship atm (obviously) but a little too much wine and JD after a really long week has got me thinking... Don't separate bedrooms just make so much sense?

I don't get why we go our whole lives having our own rooms but then when we become a couple we have to suddenly share? I feel like I'd still want my own room if I moved in with someone (and not half because of the amount of useless shit I own!). Also absence makes the heart grow fonder, no? Plus I just like my own space.

Do any couples on here have separate rooms?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm not in a relationship atm (obviously) but a little too much wine and JD after a really long week has got me thinking... Don't separate bedrooms just make so much sense?

I don't get why we go our whole lives having our own rooms but then when we become a couple we have to suddenly share? I feel like I'd still want my own room if I moved in with someone (and not half because of the amount of useless shit I own!). Also absence makes the heart grow fonder, no? Plus I just like my own space.

Do any couples on here have separate rooms? "

I’ve always had a room/man cave. Own space is important

We have our own space but I like that time when we are close sharing a bed. Until he starts snoring then I'm off!

By *ovefab2023Man  over a year ago

Worthing

Does make some sense, my preference would be to share, never like being alone

Allotments, sheds only car drivers etc.

By *urious_Female89Woman  over a year ago

great yarmouth

I've thought about this before and I'd totally prefer the option. I lived with an ex who worked nights 8pm-8am a few times a week and I secretly loved this time alone - going to bed whenever I wanted, no one making me hot and I didn't have to listen to her snoring! she wouldn't have been so keen though so its not for everyone.. but more couples seem to do this these days and I think it sounds brilliant!

By *ersey GirlCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not for me. I'd much rather be wrapped around Sam and snuggle in than sleep alone. We also have enough self interests and do our own thing that the time spent together is amazing

R

With a ex sort off had separated rooms was a two bedroom house

When I say sort off my stuff was in one her stuff was in the other but we sleep in the one room

"With a ex sort off had separated rooms was a two bedroom house

When I say sort off my stuff was in one her stuff was in the other but we sleep in the one room "

Or should I was we sleep in the same bed and room

"We have our own space but I like that time when we are close sharing a bed. Until he starts snoring then I'm off! "

Exactly this for us too.

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

we live in separate houses does that count lol

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

My ex and I sleep separately but I think it was for different reasons though. My marriage was rocky towards the end so it was a matter of just having our own space really. It does get tricky when your kids starts to notice and ask questions. I suppose we are all brought up with ideas that couples or even parents should have joint bedrooms. It just becomes part of the norm I guess and I would say having separate rooms may have been a good idea but it depends if you have the space for it.. if not then sofa it is then

By *unover40Couple  over a year ago

yeovil

Interesting post. We actually have separate rooms. All started when I was working some rather unsociable shifts and has just carried on. Adds that little something when we have sex, it's a case of my place or yours lol. We have an open relationship and handy for entertaining too, if either of us want a guest

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

If I ever moved In with anyone I'd love separate rooms

We started out having separate beds and now have separate rooms and it works just fine.

As you say you grow up with your own bed (usually)

By *UCKER56Man  over a year ago

Walsall

Yes .. since I caught her cheating... Not slept together since either.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

If we could afford it, I'd love this. I mostly don't mind sleeping together but sometimes I get insomnia and it would be cool to have my own room to go to. Mostly though I'd just love to have my own space.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I like middle of the night, sleepy, roll on roll off sex too much to enjoy having separate bedrooms. Walking across the hall to do it just doesn't have the same vibe

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Not for me I love snuggling at night and there have been times when we’ve slept apart when one of us has been in hospital and I hated it and struggled to sleep.According to my husband I sleep like a octopus so he would probably miss my arms and legs everywhere .

I love this concept. Own rooms and then a joint one for sexual times. Wasnt own rooms a thing in victorian times?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Not for us. Having alone time in bed, snuggling up and talking quietly is special. It's helps to keep a relationship healthy.

Not for me, like to snuggle, grope and be groped!

What is quite nice that at first I thought wouldn't work is seperate duvets/blankets

Nah, I want to be able to poke someone with my penis in the mornings

Surely it wouldn’t be as funny giving yourself a ‘Dutch oven’

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Nah, I want to be able to poke someone with my penis in the mornings "

Oooh ooooh!

I love getting up at 6am for my morning wee, getting all cold then snuggle in to a warm body, feeling it stir against me.....

I've always needed a separate bed to go to when in a relationship. I didn't always use it, maybe 60% of the time, but I just don't sleep well next to someone else. I've got stupidly sensitive hearing and snoring, even heavy breathing, can stop me from sleeping. Cuddles were always had last thing at night and first thing in the morning though.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

We have separate houses. It makes the nights we do spend together special but can be frustrating when you wake up, like this morning, with morning horn and the other person isn't there

K

"I'm not in a relationship atm (obviously) but a little too much wine and JD after a really long week has got me thinking... Don't separate bedrooms just make so much sense?

No I would never co-habit again. Separate houses a few miles apart are the nearest I would get.

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

I’ve had a few meets with one chap of here, whom asked me to sleep in the “spare room”

When he asked, my heart leapt with joy! I fidget, like to spread out snd knew if I was in a bed on my own I’d get a far better nights sleep. Was a school night

So he asked ever so politely, I responded with a yes sure, he then showed me the room made sure I was comfortable and tucked in and I had my glass of water, cannot sleep without one!

then just before he went off to his own room, he asked if I was really ok with this as most ladies kick of at the idea and thrown a hissy fit, I reassured him it was all good, while thinking thank fuck I don’t have to worry about farting/fidgeting etc...

On other occasions with exes or others in here I have got up and made camp on the sofa in the middle of the night before where I’ve not been able to sleep next to the person for whatever reason

I need either my own room or a man who sleeps like a log and doesn’t wake up or get annoyed with my fidgeting

By *dynlisaCouple  over a year ago

Notts

[Removed by poster at 27/02/21 09:25:57]

By *dynlisaCouple  over a year ago

Notts

"Yes .. since I caught her cheating... Not slept together since either. "

But your on here cheating mmmmmmmm

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

I’d like separate houses! I like my personal space and quiet time too much to share now.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I like my man next to me.

But some folk do snore and that can get pretty miserable really, so understand why some have desperate bedrooms.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"I like my man next to me.

But some folk do snore and that can get pretty miserable really, so understand why some have desperate bedrooms.

"

Separate

"I like middle of the night, sleepy, roll on roll off sex too much to enjoy having separate bedrooms. Walking across the hall to do it just doesn't have the same vibe "

This

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Well without wanting to sound patronising clearly you haven't found the right person yet???

Sharing your life with someone is just that sharing everything.

Separate beds for a healthy fit young couple is frankly odd.

You can have your own space this is important to keep your identity and individuality but sleep in separate rooms.

Weird.

Use to do it with my ex partner as her snoring was atrocious. And now I'm so use to sleeping alone I'll probably do that with any new partner I get with

By *ice and PeasCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

A few years ago I would have been all for this. In many ways it does make sense especially in a practical way. However I'm loved up now so I now disagree lol

(Mrs L)

Not for me. I’m all for own space and will always give the mrs space but I love sharing a bed with her. Makes me feel great and she feels the same. Cuddling up and drifting off will always have me at peace

I think you all think I'm some sort of cold hearted monster that hates cuddles and intimacy

I LOVE cuddles!!! And I love being able to snuggle into someone in the middle of the night. But what I'm saying is I would like to have the OPTION of having my own room and being able to have some nights alone. Or at least my own wardrobe

Liverpool

Well without wanting to sound patronising clearly you haven't found the right person yet???

You can have your own space this is important to keep your identity and individuality but sleep in separate rooms.

Weird."

Kinda rude. You do you.

Separate bedrooms are very useful if you're considering sharing your relationship with others, especially when cuckolding. That must be why royal couples so often have them.

Weird.

Kinda rude. You do you. "

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Weird.

Kinda rude. You do you. "

Why rude, it's my opinion. She asked I think it's weird simple,we are married and have been together for over 30 years, if either of us decided to sleep in a different bed or room I would think that very odd.

And only rude if you are trying to start an argument or is it simply that I'm not part of the little cliquey forum favourites and I have an opposing view to yours.

So I'll say it again.

For a loving couple in a long term relationship or even a couple in a new relationship relationship it's odd to want to sleep in separate rooms for anything other than medical reasons.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Actually woukdnt mind that arrangement. I snore badly and I would rather my partner went into another room than endure it.

Also I too like my own space. So it would suit me just fine.

Yes I know I am.a weirdo but I have spent the vast majority. Of my adult life single I would be ok with it.

"Not for me I love snuggling at night and there have been times when we’ve slept apart when one of us has been in hospital and I hated it and struggled to sleep.According to my husband I sleep like a octopus so he would probably miss my arms and legs everywhere ."

Jenny is exactly the same. Wraps her limbs all around me so i cannot move

"I like my man next to me.

"

Is that the room where you rip each others clothes off as you are gagging to fuck

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Weird.

Kinda rude. You do you.

Why rude, it's my opinion. She asked I think it's weird simple,we are married and have been together for over 30 years, if either of us decided to sleep in a different bed or room I would think that very odd.

And only rude if you are trying to start an argument or is it simply that I'm not part of the little cliquey forum favourites and I have an opposing view to yours.

So I'll say it again.

For a loving couple in a long term relationship or even a couple in a new relationship relationship it's odd to want to sleep in separate rooms for anything other than medical reasons."

Each to there own but the only couples I know that have separate rooms have more or less come to the end of there marriages/ relationship..

My partner and I live next door to each other. 2 dwellings on a shared property. Its unusual but it works really well for us. Living this way has saved rather than ended our relationship.

Liverpool

"My partner and I live next door to each other. 2 dwellings on a shared property. Its unusual but it works really well for us. Living this way has saved rather than ended our relationship. "

Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton did that

"My partner and I live next door to each other. 2 dwellings on a shared property. Its unusual but it works really well for us. Living this way has saved rather than ended our relationship.

Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton did that "

It's the way to go. For me living together was too intense. I was losing my own identity. I have a nice feminine space now and can leave my stuff everywhere without annoying anyone, and he the same in his house.

I love going over to visit him and then being like "right, I'm off home" and I only have to cross the patio

Liverpool

"My partner and I live next door to each other. 2 dwellings on a shared property. Its unusual but it works really well for us. Living this way has saved rather than ended our relationship.

Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton did that

It's the way to go. For me living together was too intense. I was losing my own identity. I have a nice feminine space now and can leave my stuff everywhere without annoying anyone, and he the same in his house.

I love going over to visit him and then being like "right, I'm off home" and I only have to cross the patio "

The dream for me would be a bunch on interconnected houses or maybe a small block of flats (I'm polyamorous) so I didn't have to go outside to visit . I love sharing a bed on days off but we have very different sleep schedules and I'm always being woken up by him coming to bed hours later (I'm a light sleeper) and then I struggle to get back to sleep. He's a very heavy sleeper and can sleep through me coming in when he's asleep or getting up and getting ready for work.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"But some folk do snore and that can get pretty miserable really, so understand why some have desperate bedrooms.

"

I can understand the snoring side of it with light sleepers.

but the ladies do snore as well

To me if your needing sepereate bedrooms whats the point in being together.

Yeah there is jobs out there where partners are never there.

Having that together time is special if you cant theres just no point.

"Not for us. Having alone time in bed, snuggling up and talking quietly is special. It's helps to keep a relationship healthy."

Completely agree with this. J

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Yes we have separate bedrooms I find it hard to get sleep and she is up early so it works for us again it's about communication the key to a good relationship

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I can see the appeal, but I also love waking up wrapped around someone gorgeous.

I'd like separate houses tbh

I'm in a healthy relationship and love my partner to bits but most nights I would jump at the chance for a bed to myself. I'm a very light sleeper and my partner snores, fidgets and itches loads in his sleep and it drives me insane and wakes me up multiple times a night. A good nights rest is so important to me as I struggle with awful fatigue and it is hard work sharing with someone when you're constantly being disturbed. It's not his fault but it stresses me out.

I think everyone assumes the worst when you don't want to share a bed with your partner but it's not always down to a bad relationship.

I've been single over 18 months now, and don't think I could cope with sharing a bedroom again. I like my space, I like having the bed to myself all night. Every now and again would suit me

Liverpool

"I'm in a healthy relationship and love my partner to bits but most nights I would jump at the chance for a bed to myself. I'm a very light sleeper and my partner snores, fidgets and itches loads in his sleep and it drives me insane and wakes me up multiple times a night. A good nights rest is so important to me as I struggle with awful fatigue and it is hard work sharing with someone when you're constantly being disturbed. It's not his fault but it stresses me out.

I think everyone assumes the worst when you don't want to share a bed with your partner but it's not always down to a bad relationship. "

Absolutely. P.s. Itching? You sure he doesn't have fleas?

"I'm in a healthy relationship and love my partner to bits but most nights I would jump at the chance for a bed to myself. I'm a very light sleeper and my partner snores, fidgets and itches loads in his sleep and it drives me insane and wakes me up multiple times a night. A good nights rest is so important to me as I struggle with awful fatigue and it is hard work sharing with someone when you're constantly being disturbed. It's not his fault but it stresses me out.

I think everyone assumes the worst when you don't want to share a bed with your partner but it's not always down to a bad relationship.

Absolutely. P.s. Itching? You sure he doesn't have fleas? "

No, it's crabs. X

Hastings

I think everyone assumes the worst when you don't want to share a bed with your partner but it's not always down to a bad relationship. "

Yer totally get you on this. If I'm strugelg to sleep I'm up and down so for us it makes sense. Also when one of us is off work we generally share a bed as we ca wake up together and have some fun

Liverpool

Absolutely. P.s. Itching? You sure he doesn't have fleas?

No, it's crabs. X "

of course

I can see the appeal of seperate rooms at times but I think being snuggled up to another person wins. Though if you're single long enough suddenly sharing a bed can take some getting used to again. I'd worry it would be like two people living in a shared house that fuck from time to time and it would feel empty and cold.

The implication that having seperate rooms means you don't sleep together almost all of the time baffles me.

You each have your own space, but share those spaces. I work odd hours so coming home late I'd go to my own space. If my partner woke up in the night and decided to join me that would be lush.

If insomnia hit I'd grab a laptop and work in the other bed till I felt sleepy.

Why is that so weird?

A while ago this would have been my ideal..however I feel completely different now I’m with the Mr. I always, always want to be in the same bed as him

"I've been single over 18 months now, and don't think I could cope with sharing a bedroom again. I like my space, I like having the bed to myself all night. Every now and again would suit me

"

I could do ever now and again

By *imon_hydeMan  over a year ago

Bredbury, Stockport

Dolly Parton says it's the secret to a good relationship. Who'd argue with Saint Dolly?

"The implication that having seperate rooms means you don't sleep together almost all of the time baffles me.

You each have your own space, but share those spaces. I work odd hours so coming home late I'd go to my own space. If my partner woke up in the night and decided to join me that would be lush.

Why is that so weird? "

Exactly. I'm not saying I'd never share a bed with my partner, I just would like a back up option for whenever I want to spend a night by myself. I don't get why certain people are trying to pass off their "opinion" as absolute fact, especially when it's for the purpose of shaming anyone who disagrees

In my OPINION, I think being comfortable and secure enough to be able to express wanting to spend a night or two by yourself makes for the healthiest relationship but hey, what do I know? I just haven't met the right person yet, obviously.

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

If my husband suggested separate beds I’d be upset and it would probably put me off being intimate with him. If one of us had a health reason for it then fair enough but I wouldn’t be happy to share separate beds or rooms otherwise. I love the cuddles, scratching backs, intimate fondling, spontaneous sex and daft conversations we have when lying in bed.

We have friends who have slept in separate rooms for around 20 yrs now and he pops into her room for sex then leaves straight afterwards and goes to sleep in his own room. She’s used to it now but it doesn’t make her feel good.

Lou x

"I can see the appeal of seperate rooms at times but I think being snuggled up to another person wins. Though if you're single long enough suddenly sharing a bed can take some getting used to again. I'd worry it would be like two people living in a shared house that fuck from time to time and it would feel empty and cold. "

If your relationship only feels intimate and special when you go to sleep together at night and feels empty and cold at all other times then your relationship needs to be worked on tbh.

I don't mean you by the way, just in general.

"A while ago this would have been my ideal..however I feel completely different now I’m with the Mr. I always, always want to be in the same bed as him "

That's lovely to read.

"

We have friends who have slept in separate rooms for around 20 yrs now and he pops into her room for sex then leaves straight afterwards and goes to sleep in his own room. She’s used to it now but it doesn’t make her feel good.

Lou x "

This sounds cold and not at all what I'm talking about.

Maidstone

"

Lou x

This sounds cold and not at all what I'm talking about. "

Yeah, it’s never seemed like an even relationship to be honest. She deserves better.

Liverpool

"The implication that having seperate rooms means you don't sleep together almost all of the time baffles me.

Why is that so weird? "

Yep, for me it would be great to have the option rather than it being about us permanently sleeping separately. It would be especially good when we work very different shifts or I'm struggling to sleep. I can think of so many ways it would be handy. We could also both sleep in the room of the person who has to get up later so the person getting up early can sneak out to their room to get ready for work, hopefully allowing the other to go back to sleep.

My last relationship we lived separately and stayed over with each other at weekends, I loved that Sun-Thurs I had my own space & bed to myself. We did this for over 5 years and it worked well.

He moved in and we only lasted a further 6 months, mainly because I struggled with sharing my space and bed 24/7.

I think living apart together is the way forward for me, best of both worlds!

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

Separate rooms would not work for us but each to their own.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I can't sleep if my hubby isn't with me. We always have a snuggle before we go to sleep and one when we wake in the morning, if the cat's not sleeping between us

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"We have our own space but I like that time when we are close sharing a bed. Until he starts snoring then I'm off!

Exactly this for us too. "

And us lol

Hastings

Why is that so weird? "

No with insomnia is I don't really sleep much at all so and she is the sort how loves her sleep.

It's it just respect.

But I will go to bed with her And cuddle till she is asleep. Or she might come in to me. Sex is Generaly when both not working and there is time. I don't like quick sex and could not leave after that would be strange..

By *moothshaftMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I have the loft conversion, and the Mrs has the bedroom below. It's been that way for 13 years.

My sex drive is a lot lot higher than hers, so I prefer it this way for masturbation, which she is happy with. Suits us both.

I'd want a shared bedroom but then have my own space in the house too, maybe a dressing room for me to chill in and store all my girly stuff!

Weird."

and yet multiple people on the thread have agreed with her - healthy relationships look different for everyone

Hastings

"My last relationship we lived separately and stayed over with each other at weekends, I loved that Sun-Thurs I had my own space & bed to myself. We did this for over 5 years and it worked well.

He moved in and we only lasted a further 6 months, mainly because I struggled with sharing my space and bed 24/7.

I think living apart together is the way forward for me, best of both worlds! "

Totaly get this and the time together is so good and more to talk about.etc

"But some folk do snore and that can get pretty miserable really, so understand why some have desperate bedrooms.

I can understand the snoring side of it with light sleepers.

but the ladies do snore as well

To me if your needing sepereate bedrooms whats the point in being together.

Yeah there is jobs out there where partners are never there.

Having that together time is special if you cant theres just no point. "

if you don’t sleep well beside someone as you are a light sleeper or they snore, i don’t see how that invalidates the rest of your relationship

wasn’t aware insomnia was a requirement for entry to the healthy couples club

"My last relationship we lived separately and stayed over with each other at weekends, I loved that Sun-Thurs I had my own space & bed to myself. We did this for over 5 years and it worked well.

I think living apart together is the way forward for me, best of both worlds!

Totaly get this and the time together is so good and more to talk about.etc "

Yes it worked really well, but then I’m older/divorced and already have kids and no desire to go down that route again so less reason or need to live together full time.

Prob not an ideal set up for youngsters.

bradford

"We have friends who have slept in separate rooms for around 20 yrs now and he pops into her room for sex then leaves straight afterwards and goes to sleep in his own room. She’s used to it now but it doesn’t make her feel good.

Lou x

Yeah, it’s never seemed like an even relationship to be honest. She deserves better. "

It also happens the other way around as well

bradford

Yes it worked really well, but then I’m older/divorced and already have kids and no desire to go down that route again so less reason or need to live together full time.

Prob not an ideal set up for youngsters."

I see that differently.

sooner or later it gets old.

I will help anyone out that im a partner with, But when it gets to the stage your only wanted for the mans chores at weekends.

You do think whats the point, You certainly feel like a mug for the ladies.

Who only want you at weekends

for shopping.

someone to comfort with.

mans chores e.g gardening, hedge trimming, the list can go on.

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

"Not for me. I'd much rather be wrapped around Sam and snuggle in than sleep alone. We also have enough self interests and do our own thing that the time spent together is amazing

R"

I feel the same way I love sharing a bed with my husband.

Maidstone

"We have friends who have slept in separate rooms for around 20 yrs now and he pops into her room for sex then leaves straight afterwards and goes to sleep in his own room. She’s used to it now but it doesn’t make her feel good.

Lou x

Yeah, it’s never seemed like an even relationship to be honest. She deserves better.

It also happens the other way around as well"

I’m sure it does, I was just explaining my friend’s situation.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Yes .. since I caught her cheating... Not slept together since either.

But your on here cheating mmmmmmmm

"

We haven't assumed that he's cheating. We try to reserve judgement until we know full facts.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Yes we have separate rooms in my house. Have time together before she goes to sleep in her room and I sleep in mine.

"We have our own space but I like that time when we are close sharing a bed. Until he starts snoring then I'm off! "

That was me when i was married as i cant get up and work on no sleep due to his snoring

» Add a new message to this topic